Treatment for a Weever Fish sting
Media playback is unsupported on your device

What to do if you get stung by a Weever fish

28 July 2010 Last updated at 11:49 BST

Bathers along Britain's coastline are being warned to be on the look out for the country's most poisonous fish.

Weever fish are about 15cm long and have venomous spines along the dorsal fin.

The pain from the sting is described as excruciating, turning the foot red and swollen. But what should you do if you step on one?

Alison Harper reports.