Alexia Walenkaki, 5, was playing on a rope swing in Mile End Park when a tree trunk fell on her.Read more
Tower Hamlets London Borough Council
All of the seats in Tower Hamlets were up for election this year. Find out more about these elections.
Election 2018 Results
|Party||Elected in 2018||Total councillors||Change|
|Elected in 2018 42||Total councillors 42||Change+20|
|Elected in 2018 2||Total councillors 2||Change-3|
|Elected in 2018 1||Total councillors 1||Change-17|
|Councillors change compared with 2014|
Out of 32 boroughs, two are left to declare which party has been victorious.
They are Hounslow, which was easily won by Labour in 2014, and Tower Hamlets which was under no control.
- John Biggs (Lab) 37,619 (48.43%, +15.61%)
- Rabina Khan (PATH) 13,113 (16.88%)
- Ohid Ahmed (Aspire) 11,109 (14.30%)
- Elaine Bagshaw (LD) 5,598 (7.21%, +4.88%)
- Ciaran Jebb (Green) 3,365 (4.33%, -1.25%)
- Hugo Pierre (TUSC) 728 (0.94%, -0.10%)
Eliminated after first count: Ohid Ahmed, Dr Anwara Ali, Elaine Bagshaw, Ciaran Jebb, Hugo Pierre
- John Biggs (Lab) 44,865
- Rabina Khan (PATH) 16,878
In Watford Lib Dem Peter Taylor has been elected on the second count.
Labour's John Biggs wins in Tower Hamlets in east London London and south of the Thames in Lewisham Labour's Damien Egan is victorious.
- Damien Egan (Lab) 39,951 (54.30%, +3.53%)
- Ross Archer (Con) 9,790 (13.31%, +2.17%)
- John Coughlan (Green) 7,649 (10.40%, +0.39%)
- Chris Maines (LD) 6,065 (8.24%, -1.77%)
- Duwayne Brooks (Ind) 5,480 (7.45%, +7.45%)
- John Hamilton (PBF) 4,193 (5.70%, -2.63%)
- Will Donnelly (DVP) 445 (0.60%)
Labour's Sir Steve Bullock previously held the role.