The average broadband speed in the UK now stands at 9Mbps up from 6.8Mbps this time last year, Ofcom reveals.
The 14 cities eligible to bid to become "super-connected" have been announced by the UK government.
Britons download about 17 gigabytes of data every month over their home broadband connections, suggests a report.
- Celebrities ask UK to give an hour01:32
- George, 104, 'sells' the internet01:49
- Sports celebrities 'give an hour'01:21
- Man sails over loch for broadband02:12
- Getting the US plugged in02:27
- Dig your own broadband cable03:14
- 'Nonliners' use web for first time03:01
- Lane Fox 'to get all Britons online'01:56
People in rural Britain fed up with the wait for superfast broadband take matters into their own hands
A BBC crowd sourced map offers the first comprehensive consumer-led view of UK mobile coverage
Digital classes have meaning beyond the skills they teach to residents in Sheffield
How the government's new champion should tackle the issue of digital exclusion
The people who can go online... but simply won't