The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
Find out why more children in Africa are living beyond five
Should the police intervene when people have sex in public?
Is this how the cities of Mars will be built?
Seven of the most eye-popping Minecraft creations
How Africa's first education tablet computer was created
- Sighting of missing girl's rucksack
- Seven truly shocking sports strips
- Six regions hit new house price peak
- Campaigns seize on Scotland pledge
- Seven amazing Minecraft creations
- 'One punch' death CCTV released
- Deadliest US sniper is shot dead
- The tricky business of policing sex in public
- 'One dead' in Copenhagen shooting
- S Yorkshire PCC Wright steps down