The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
The hidden trapdoor on the shoulder of Christ
Should Hebden Bridge be the UK's second city?
The evangelical Christians who believe in medical miracles
Much of UK basks in warmest day of the year so far
Would you propose with a man-made diamond?
- Pistorius guard defends testimony
- Malaysia urged to step up jet search
- Should Hebden Bridge be the UK's second city?
- Officers sacked for gross misconduct
- Woman's skull exposed in dog attack
- What we know about flight MH370
- Clifford 'lunged at girl in his car'
- 'Long-dead Mexico drug lord killed'
- Italian football looks to bounce back
- Economy 'to hit 2008 peak by summer'