The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
The Japanese man who lost everything but found peace
Eight places in Europe that also want independence
How Scottie dogs became a symbol of Scotland
Where are the investigators for the MH17 crash?
How discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb changed popular culture
- Algeria passenger jet feared crashed
- Dwarfism boy 'barred from buses'
- Secret Cinema cancels opening night
- Flying car hits first floor of house
- When time stood still
- Family of four in death crash named
- Ex-boyfriend guilty of Jayden murder
- Indian boy has 232 teeth removed
- Shelling 'kills 15 in Gaza shelter'
- Updates: Missing Algeria plane