The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
- Becky Watts search: Body parts found at Bristol house
- Delhi rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
- Weasel photographed riding on a woodpecker's back
- The art of before-and-after pictures
- Oxfordshire grooming victims may have totalled 373 children
- Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sexual activity with girl, 15
- 'Jihadi John' recording: Mohammed Emwazi denied extremism
- Newspaper review: Johnson arrest, abuse law and a paracetamol 'alert'
- Phone hacking was 'rife' at Mirror Group Newspapers
- Millions share new Chinese character