The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
Delhi bus rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
The founder member of al-Qaeda who worked for MI6
Just how reliable are 'before and after' photos?
A champion F1 designer and other notable losses
Theories abound over murder that shocked Moscow
- Delhi rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
- Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sexual activity with girl, 15
- The art of before-and-after pictures
- Coventry tunnel turned into Motofest nightclub
- 'Jihadi John' recording: Mohammed Emwazi denied extremism
- Millions share new Chinese character
- 'Attractive jihadists can lure UK girls to extremism'
- Regular coffee drinkers have 'cleaner' arteries
- The spy who came in from al-Qaeda
- Newspaper review: Johnson arrest, abuse law and a paracetamol 'alert'