The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
The American who changed the look of Sherlock Holmes
The 100-year-old camera that has captured readers' lives
The young car fan whose website is a growing hit with petrolheads
Whatever happened to the future of transport?
US Air Force UFO secrets revealed
- Greece election: Anti-austerity Syriza wins election
- Hoax call to David Cameron prompts security review
- Heartburn 'possible cancer sign' warning
- Project Blue Book: US Air Force UFO documents revealed
- Boko Haram attacks key Nigerian city of Maiduguri
- MPs: Ban fracking to meet carbon targets
- Sir Philip Green considers BHS takeover offers
- Drivers claim £3.2m for pothole damage - RAC Foundation
- Where do the wealthiest 1% live?
- Cosmetic surgery 'popularity declines'