The ups and downs of social networks
Facebook has announced that it now has 500m active users, just six years after it was launched. The site has become the poster child of social networking on the web. While some others have seen growth, MySpace, Flickr and Bebo appear to have declined in the past year, according to these figures from Nielsen. Interesting international variations are seen, both in the amount of time Facebook users spend on the site each month and in the competing networks' popularity in different countries.
After celebrity leaks, what can you do to safeguard your photos?
Have some football clubs overpaid for their new players?
Would banning high-power appliances actually save energy?
Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
- Ashya situation 'not right' - police
- FM: Independence 'closer than ever'
- MPs quiz police chief over Sir Cliff
- Kidnappers broke bones with hammers
- How much has the ice bucket challenge achieved?
- Survivor singer Jamison dies aged 63
- Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- Does the rest of UK care if Scotland goes?
- Have some football clubs overpaid for players?