Business investment in the UK falls for the second quarter in a row, recording the biggest decline since 2009.
- UK business spending in surprise fall
- Oil company to shed 400 UK posts
- Oil and gas industry in 'bleak' 2014
A report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) says further progress in UK living standards depends on higher productivity.
- BBC editors on the Spending Review06:44
- Osborne: From rescue to recovery02:28
- 'Finest armed forces in the world'02:33
- Council tax freeze to continue02:09
- Balls: Living standards falling03:25
- Spending Review number crunching02:24
- UK economy in graphs and statistics01:28
- Spending Review: A look at the numbers02:15
- Spending Review: Election starts here?03:02
- Osborne 'to secure the recovery'04:31
- Home Office budget cuts agreed01:14
- Bring back entry fees at English museums?03:07
Features & Analysis
Interactive video on the number affecting your daily life
How exactly can inflation be good for you?
Explaining below-target inflation to a chancellor who welcomes it
How skills shortages hold back the economy
Long, long slog to mend public finances
How Newcastle is adapting to the economy's changing shape
What you might have missed in the Autumn Statement
Are the UK's economic growth figures reliable?
Who has benefited from record low interest rates?
The truth about the UK's borrowing and debt
How GDP became such an important measurement
The BBC housing calculator helps you find out