The BBC's Daud Qarizadah on the top five challenges for Afghanistan's new president.
Lyse Doucet looks back at 13 turbulent years and assesses Hamid Karzai's time in power.
- US 'to expand' Afghanistan role01:37
- Taliban's war on Afghan women02:48
- Plight of malnourished Afghan children02:13
- Afghan voices: The businesswoman02:39
- Nato troops 'key to Afghan security'05:37
- US military starts packing equipment01:33
- Forces leave military transit base00:44
- Year of change ahead for Afghans02:38
- Rare look inside fight against Taliban02:48
- Will the Taliban take over again?09:16
- 'Confident of victory': Taliban interview01:50
- Descent into civil war?02:27
Features & Analysis
Pakistan sends in troops but where are the Taliban?
Afghan first lady moves into the limelight
Leaving Helmand to an uncertain future
What will foreign troops leave behind?
How dangerous is Mullah Fazlullah?
What's behind attacks by Afghan forces on their foreign allies?
Which countries are contributing troops?
Argument rages over Pakistan casualties
The Afghan 'green-on-blue' attacker revered as a martyr
Nuristan 'at risk of being over-run by Taliban'