We would like to offer you an opportunity to be part of a BBC project to obtain a snapshot of mobile broadband coverage in the UK("the BBC Survey"). This offer is subject to you agreeing to the following terms:-
1. In relation to the terms of this engagement, and unless the context requires otherwise:
capitalised words and phrases shall have the meaning defined herein;
references to "you" or "your" shall be construed as references to you as the user of the App and as a participant in the BBC Survey; and
references to "we", "us" or "our" shall be construed as references to the British Broadcasting Corporation ("BBC").
In order to be part of the BBC Survey, you will need to download the free UK 3G Survey app ("the App") which has been developed by Epitiro. Please note that the App only works on android-based handsets. Please DO NOT use this App with either a Blackberry or an iPhone.
2. You acknowledge that whilst this is a BBC Survey, the App belongs to a third party which is not in anyway connected to the BBC. The BBC does not endorse the App in anyway whatsoever.
3. The App is provided "as is", and on an "as available" basis and we make no representations or warranties either express, implied or statutory (to the extent permitted by applicable law) in relation to the App. Nothing in these terms of engagement shall exclude any liability for death or personal injury.
4. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the App will be error-free, that defects will be corrected by Epitiro as the provider of the App or that any software within the App will be free of bugs and viruses.
5. The supply and availability of the App on this website does not in anyway obviate the need for you to carry out your own research as to the suitability of the App for your mobile phone device.
6. The use of the App is entirely at your own risk and under no circumstances will we be liable to you or any third party for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses or damage were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
7. We understand from Epitiro that they will not publish any personal information or collate any personal information from your use of the App. However, the underlying data will remain the property of Epitiro who may create their own map/site afterwards.
8. We understand from Epitiro (but have not made any enquiries or carried out any research in relation to this) that the App uses very little bandwidth as it reports on data already present on the phone through its normal background communications within the network. For this particular App, Epitiro does not require dedicated use of the line other than to periodically send the test results to the BBC.
9. Whilst data for the Survey will be collected while the App is installed, the App can be uninstalled by you at anytime.
I have read and understand the terms