Latest updates Sutton London Borough Council
Chinese restaurant owner finedstandard
A Chinese restaurant owner in south London has been fined £960 by Sutton Council for failing to comply with food standards laws, This Is Local London reports.
The former owner of Dragon City, in Stanley Road, Carshalton, was prosecuted for eight breaches of hygiene standards. The restaurant is now under a new owner.
Frontline services cuts warningstandard
Sutton Council has warned about cuts to frontline services in future, but said residents will be given the chance to shape how the changes are made through its campaign Sutton's Future, This Is Local London reports.
The council needs to make efficiency savings worth £72m from its budget between 2011 and 2018.
Latest local election resultsstandard
The results of the elections held in 32 London boroughs are still coming in, so far:
- Bexley - Conservative hold
- Brent - Labour hold
- Croydon - Labour wins from Conservatives
- Enfield - Labour hold
- Hammersmith and Fulham - Labour wins from Conservatives
- Haringey - Labour hold
- Harrow - Labour win
- Hillingdon - Conservative hold
- Hounslow - Labour hold
- Islington - Labour hold
- Kingston - Conservatives win from Liberal Democrats
- Lambeth - Labour hold
- Merton - Labour gains from no overall control
- Redbridge - Labour gains from no overall control
- Richmond - Conservative hold
- Southwark - Labour holds
- Sutton - Liberal Democrats hold
- Waltham Forest - Labour hold
- Wandsworth - Conservative hold
- Westminster - Conservative hold