Latest updates Bexley London Borough Council
Watch: London council invites sponsors for dog poo bags
A south-east London council is inviting sponsors to have their logo printed on the side of dog poo bags.
Bexley Council is attempting to plug the gap in local authority funding.
The bags will be handed out to residents in the borough’s parks and green spaces.
They said ''companies will not only be promoting their business but will be helping to encourage dog owners to clean up after their pets''.
Mental health centre to closestandard
A mental health centre in Crayford is shutting after Bexley Council declared it "no longer fit for purpose", reports the News Shopper.
Latest local election resultsstandard
The results of the elections held in 32 London boroughs are still coming in, so far:
- Bexley - Conservative hold
- Brent - Labour hold
- Croydon - Labour wins from Conservatives
- Enfield - Labour hold
- Hammersmith and Fulham - Labour wins from Conservatives
- Haringey - Labour hold
- Harrow - Labour win
- Hillingdon - Conservative hold
- Hounslow - Labour hold
- Islington - Labour hold
- Kingston - Conservatives win from Liberal Democrats
- Lambeth - Labour hold
- Merton - Labour gains from no overall control
- Redbridge - Labour gains from no overall control
- Richmond - Conservative hold
- Southwark - Labour holds
- Sutton - Liberal Democrats hold
- Waltham Forest - Labour hold
- Wandsworth - Conservative hold
- Westminster - Conservative hold
Tories hold Bexleystandard
The Conservatives have held control of the London borough of Bexley. The Tories lost seven seats, while Labour gained four and UKIP gained three.