- 27,675 total votes taken.
- 52.7% share of the total vote
- +3.8% change in share of the votes
- 8,043 total votes taken.
- 15.3% share of the total vote
- +2.6% change in share of the votes
- 7,539 total votes taken.
- 14.4% share of the total vote
- +11.7% change in share of the votes
- 7,037 total votes taken.
- 13.4% share of the total vote
- -17.7% change in share of the votes
- 2,177 total votes taken.
- 4.1% share of the total vote
- +4.1% change in share of the votes
Change compared with 2010
Latest updates Harborough
Edward Garnier has retained his seat in Harborough for the Conservatives.
One result to go...standard
Only Harborough is left to declare out of the 39 constituencies in our region.
Conservative Edward Garnier is defending a majority of 9,877.
Candidates eye ballots
BBC Radio Leicester reporter
Here are all the candidates at the Harborough count... All proudly wearing their rosettes.
The predominantly rural seat of Harborough, in south-eastern Leicestershire, includes a clutch of historic villages but centres on the towns of Market Harborough, Oadby - home of Leicester Racecourse - and Wigston. Business process outsourcing company CDS Global, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation, has its UK head office in Market Harborough.
Almost 79% of households in this constituency own their property, according to the ONS 2011 Census statistics for Englandand Wales.
The seat has been held by barrister Sir Edward Garnier QC for the Conservatives since 1992. Before that, fellow Conservative Sir John Farr was in control for more than three decades. In 2010, Garnier won 49% of the vote, followed by the Liberal Democratson 31%, Labour 12.7% and BNP 3.1%.