Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Question 1
Pope Benedict XVI's new Twitter account is @pontifex, which means pontiff or...?
- "father of hearts"
- "builder of bridges"
- "sender of messages"
2.) Question 2
Actor Gerard Depardieu moved 800m (875 yards) across the French border to avoid tax. To which country?
3.) Question 3
Several African news sites were taken in by a spoof story about Mike Tyson having a sex change. What name did it say the boxer was now known by?
- The Iron Lady
- Thunder Thighs
4.) Question 4
Pictures of a monkey wandering around a Toronto Ikea store in a sheepskin coat went viral. How did he end up in the store?
- Owner brought him to work
- Escaped from owner's car
- Official Ikea mascot in Toronto
5.) Question 5
Why did Italian football fan Arrigo Brovedani make headlines at a Sampdoria v Udinese match?
- He was the only away fan
- He was arrested for streaking
- He gave the half-time team talk
6.) Question 6
US researchers have named a prehistoric lizard "Obamadon gracilis". Why?
- In honour of president Obama's toothy grin
- It was found on the day Obama was re-elected
- Another fossil was named "Romneyus dentes"
7.) Question 7
A Thai elephant sanctuary is producing coffee from its herd's dung. What is it called?
- Jumbo's Choice
- Black Ivory
- Jungle Velvet
- The first tweet from @pontifex, meaning builder of bridges, was: "Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart."
- It was Belgium. Nechin, in Belgium, is home to 2,800 French citizens. Next year the top rate of income tax in France will be 75%.
- The Newsbiscuit spoof said the boxer was now called Michelle. Tyson was forced to issue a statement saying he was still a man.
- Darwin escaped from owner Yasmin Nakhuda's car. She is now considering legal action to get him back from an animal sanctuary.
- Most Udinese fans could not be bothered to make the 600-mile round trip. Brovedani, already in Genoa, was all on his own.
- Scientists combined the Latin "Obamadon" for "Obama's teeth" and "gracilis," which means slender.
- Supposedly smooth-tasting Black Ivory coffee costs £312 per pound, making it among the most expensive coffees in the world.
0 - 3 : Dumbo
4 - 6 : Not irrelephant
7 - 7 : Trunk with success
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down)