Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
The latest Guinness World Records features London-based sumo wrestler Sharran Alexander. What does she now hold the record for?
- Biggest biceps
- Heaviest sportswoman
- Strongest woman
2.) Multiple Choice Question
What weather system did Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accuse his enemies of controlling?
- Rain clouds
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Who is the favourite celebrity bait for cybercriminals trying to lure internet users, according to a new survey?
- Angelina Jolie
- Emma Watson
- Harry Styles
4.) Multiple Choice Question
Archaeologists have found a skeleton with a metal arrow in its back, which they believe could be the remains of Richard III. The body of which of the following monarchs is still missing?
- James II
- Henry II
- William II (Rufus)
5.) Missing Word Question
Rome removes * of love
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge are in Malaysia. When asked by a child what superpowers they would most like to have, the prince replied...
- X-ray vision
- The ability to duplicate himself
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Scientists have discovered a new species of monkey in the Democratic Republic of Congo - only the second monkey species to be discovered in Africa in the past three decades. What is it identifiable by?
- Bright blue bottom
- Bright red tail
- Bright yellow stripe
- It's heaviest sportswoman. Alexander's weight is recorded in the 2013 edition as 203.21 kg (32 stone).
- It's rain clouds. He blamed enemy nations for enacting a plan to create a drought in Iran by destroying the rain clouds before they reach the country, several Iranian websites reported this week.
- It's Emma Watson. Security software firm McAfee said she was the "most dangerous" celebrity to search for online because many sites use her name to trick people into downloading malicious software or to steal personal information.
- It's James II of England and Ireland, and King James VII of Scotland, who died in exile in France. James's body was not buried but lay in a coffin in a church in Paris. The body was desecrated by a mob during the French Revolution and the remains lost.
- It's padlocks. For about a decade lovers have been putting padlocks on one particular bridge over the Tiber. The council now says that rust from padlocks threatens the fabric of the old bridge.
- It's invisibility. When William answered with "invisibility", Kate quipped: "I'd pick invisibility too so that William can't sneak up on me," local daily the Straits Times reported.
- It's a bright blue bottom. The orphaned lesula monkey - known officially as Cercopithecus lomamiensis - was spotted tethered in a schoolyard.
0 - 3 : Marmoset
4 - 6 : Baboon
7 - 7 : King Kong
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down)