Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Missing Word Question
US * destroys police cars
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Which athlete left the Games prematurely with the words: "I am not walking away, I was pushed out."
- Italian race walker Alex Schwazer
- US judoka Nick Delpopolo
- St Kitts and Nevis sprinter Kim Collins
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Madonna appealed for the release of three members of the Russian punk band Pussy Riot, during a concert in Moscow. What did she wear, as a sign of solidarity?
- A Russian flag
- A balaclava
- A Pussy Riot T-shirt
4.) Multiple Choice Question
What was Usain Bolt prevented from taking into the 100m final in the Olympic Stadium?
- Lifesize inflatable of himself
- Skipping rope
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Anglo-Irish actor Daniel Day-Lewis's latest role is in Steven Spielberg's biopic of Abraham Lincoln. Of Day-Lewis's previous 10 films how many times did he play Englishmen?
6.) Multiple Choice Question
How did Pizza Hut reportedly anger customers in Pakistan?
- Used non-halal meat
- Showed star cricketer's face on pizza
- Scrapped Ramadan all-you-can-eat offer
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Austin Weirschke, a 17-year-old from Wisconsin, has retained his title as the fastest American to do what?
- Achieve the maximum Pac-Man score
- Send text messages
- Recite the Declaration of Independence
- It's farmer. Roger Pion drove a tractor over seven police cars in Vermont before driving off. He was later detained.
- It's Kim Collins, who fell out with his team over a visit to his wife outside the athletes' village. Schwazer and Delpopolo were thrown out after failed drugs tests. Delpopolo said he had inadvertently eaten marijuana.
- It's a balaclava, which is the trademark outfit of the band. The women face three years in jail for inciting religious hatred.
- It's a skipping rope. Bolt said the only explanation given to him was: "It's the rules." He gave his hat to a young volunteer before his 200m heat.
- It's none. During his last 10 films English-born Day-Lewis has played Americans and Irish characters and even an Italian, but no Englishmen. However he did play English characters earlier in his career in the likes of Room With A View and My Beautiful Laundrette.
- It was changing their deal for Iftar, the meal that breaks the fast at the end of each day of Ramadan. A spokesperson reportedly said the all-you-can eat element was against the spirit of Ramadan.
- It's send text messages. Weirschke beat 10 other competitors at the sixth National Texting Championship held in New York to win $50,000 (£32,000).
0 - 3 : Slowhand
4 - 6 : Fastest finger first
7 - 7 : Fingers of fire
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down)