9/11 10th anniversary: Stories from the embers
Ten years after the attacks of 11 September 2001, seven people reflect on the momentous events that changed their lives forever.
From Namibia to Goose Green - travel photographs of the year
Why the UK abandoned American gunshot detection tech
The murky world of the illicit jade trade
A defector speaks of life within feared jihadist group Isis
Do four billion people really watch Le Tour?
- Cheryl Cole reveals secret marriage
- Police investigating Magaluf sex act
- UK broadband 'not fit for purpose'
- A third of Alzheimer's 'preventable'
- Should UK police retry gun sensors?
- Bus staff get £120 Games bonus
- Scotland could host UK spaceport
- Eggman hatches out of his craft
- Defector speaks of life inside Isis
- Thousands flee northern Gaza