Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
7 days 7 questions
It's the Magazine's 7 days 7 questions weekly quiz - a chance to find out how much news from the past week you've read, heard and watched... and how much has stayed lodged in the old grey matter.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
David Cameron said this week he wanted the UK to attract more tourists. Which country did he urge tourist chiefs to "beat" by getting more Chinese visitors?
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Rod Stewart, 65, is to become a father for the seventh time, he announced this week. What is the age difference between his oldest and youngest child?
- 38 years
- 42 years
- 45 years
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Officials in Australia are trying to attract more Brits on working holidays by advertising unusual jobs. Which of these is on the list?
- Shark personality profiler
- Beer taster
- They both are
4.) Multiple Choice Question
Plenty of famous flesh on show this holiday season. Who is NOT having a break in the south of France?
- Simon Cowell
- Carla Bruni
- Leonardo DiCaprio
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Explorer Ed Stafford became the first man to walk the entire length of the Amazon this week. What did the Briton say he lived on during the epic 28-month trek?
- Arrow frog and rice
- Piranha and rice
- Three-toed sloth and rice
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Newly published records show German philosopher Karl Marx died in London, with £250 (about £23,000 today) to his name. He is pictured here with Communist Manifesto co-author Friedrich Engels. Which one is Marx?
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck has been named the UK's best restaurant in this year's Good Food Guide, getting a perfect 10 out of 10. Which of these dishes is not on its current menu?
- Rose petal soup
- Salmon poached in liquorice
- Grain mustard ice cream
- It's Germany, which is the sixth most-visited country by the Chinese. The UK is 22nd. "If we can't always beat Germany at football, then we can beat them at tourism," the prime minister said.
- It's 42 years. Sarah Streeter, 46, is the oldest of his offspring and the result of a relationship with Susannah Boffey. Alastair Stewart, four, is his youngest child and his son with current wife Penny Lancaster, who is now pregnant again.
- They both are. Officials in Adelaide this week launched a new drive to lure 18 to 30-year-olds to the city. Other bizarre jobs included koala catcher and kangaroo dung collector.
- It's actor DiCaprio, who is holidaying in Sardinia. A shirtless Cowell has been spotted in Nice and Bruni is in Cap Negre with her husband, French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- It's piranha and rice. Arrow frogs can be poisonous and the three-toed sloth is most likely to be in the tree tops and out of reach.
- Marx is on the right. The new online records also show that Charles Darwin left a personal estate worth £146,911 (around £13m today) at his death in 1882.
- It's rose petal soup. Salmon poached in liquorice is on the Fat Duck's current tasting menu. So is grain mustard ice cream, which is served with the red cabbage gazpacho.
0 - 3 : Cheap as chips
4 - 6 : Keen as mustard
7 - 7 : Souper
For a complete archive of past quizzes and our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, visit the Magazine page and scroll down. You can also do this quiz on your mobile device. Find out how to get the BBC News website on your mobile device