That's it for me today, but updates will continue throughout the afternoon and evening.
Meanwhile, here are five things we've learned about our county so far today:
- The exact route of the next year's Tour de Yorkshire has been revealed - riders will race through North Yorkshire on each of the three days
- A decision has been made to close part of the city walls in York for the next few days because of the possibility of subsidence
- Huge flocks of pied wagtails have begun assembling above York’s annual Christmas market
- We've found out the answer to why barn owls are being spotted sitting on roads in North Yorkshire
- And a York woman has paid tribute to celebrities who died in 2016 in the form of angel decorations to hang on her Christmas tree
As the weather forecast for the weekend mentions plenty of bright and sunny spells, I thought I'd finish with this blue skied BBC Weather Watcher pic.
It was sent in by PjsYorky looking across to the Vale of York from the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds above Norton this morning.