Emmerdale eclipses rivals at Inside Soap Awards
- 6 October 2015
- From the section Entertainment & Arts
ITV's Emmerdale dominated the Inside Soap Awards, taking home eight of the 18 trophies, including best soap.
It is only the second time the Yorkshire Dales-based series has won the top prize in the ceremony's 20-year history.
Michael Parr, who plays Ross Barton, said he was "over the moon" to win four of the awards at the ceremony - including best actor and sexiest male.
EastEnders' live episode won the "best show-stopper" award.
More than 10 million people tuned in to watch the broadcast, in which viewers finally learned that Bobby Beale had killed his older sister, Lucy.
The plotline also earned EastEnders' the "best shock twist" award, while Tameka Empson, who plays Kim Fox-Hubbard, won best comedy performance.
Coronation Street also won three awards, with Alison King picking up best actress shortly before her character, Carla Connor, leaves the soap.
The full winners are as follows:
- Best soap - Emmerdale
- Best actor - Michael Parr (Ross Barton, Emmerdale)
- Best actress - Alison King (Carla Connor, Coronation Street)
- Best bad boy - Michael Parr (Ross Barton, Emmerdale)
- Best bad girl - Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow, Coronation Street)
- Funniest male - Joe Duttine (Tim Metcalfe,Coronation Street)
- Funniest female - Tameka Empson (Kim Fox-Hubbard, EastEnders)
- Best newcomer - Ryan Hawley (Robert Sugden, Emmerdale)
- Best young actor - Amelia Flanagan (April Windsor, Emmerdale)
- Sexiest male - Michael Parr (Ross Barton, Emmerdale)
- Sexiest female - Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes McQueen, Hollyoaks)
- Best shock twist - Bobby killed Lucy (EastEnders)
- Best affair - Debbie Dingle & Ross Barton (Emmerdale)
- Best partnership - Charlie Hardwick & Chris Chittell (Val & Eric Pollard, Emmerdale)
- Best show-stopper - The live episode (EastEnders)
- Best daytime star - Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy, Neighbours)
- Best daytime soap - Neighbours
- Best drama - Casualty