Sir Elton John 'doing well' after illness
- 30 May 2012
- From the section Entertainment & Arts
Sir Elton John is on the mend after a respiratory infection led him to cancel three concerts in Las Vegas, his civil partner David Furnish has said.
The 65-year-old star was treated in hospital in Los Angeles last Wednesday but was released the same day.
Mr Furnish told reporters in London: "He's doing incredibly well and recovering."
Sir Elton's spokesman said he would perform at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert as planned on Monday.
He will join stars including Sir Paul McCartney, Kylie Minogue, Sir Cliff Richard and Dame Shirley Bassey at the show at Buckingham Palace.
A statement on the singer's website said he was now at his home in England and was "very excited" about taking his place at the event.
On Wednesday, Sir Elton will attend a gala performance of Billy Elliot The Musical to mark seven years and 3,000 performances in the West End.
Sir Elton's latest European tour then begins on Friday.
His spokesman said: "It's nothing more than a chest infection - you rest and it's better. Everything that's planned is still happening."
The illness was described as a "serious respiratory infection" by his US spokesperson last week and forced the star to pull out of three performances of his current Las Vegas residency.
The remaining 11 concerts of his Million Dollar Piano residency at Caesars Palace take place in October.