Amanda Holden loses baby seven months into pregnancy
- 6 February 2011
- From the section Entertainment & Arts
Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden has lost the baby boy she was expecting, her agent has confirmed.
The TV star was seven months pregnant when she went to hospital in west London on Tuesday because the baby had stopped moving. He was later stillborn.
Holden and her husband Chris Hughes were "utterly devastated" at the loss, her agent said.
The 39-year-old only announced she was six months pregnant in January. The couple have a five-year-old daughter.
The couple's spokeswoman Alison Griffin said: "Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong.
"Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support."
Piers Morgan, a former judge with Holden on Britain's Got Talent, posted two messages on Twitter.
He wrote: "So desperately sad for my special friend [Amanda Holden] - sending her and Chris my love and prayers at this horrible time."
He later added: "Thanks for all your messages for Amanda and Chris, they will really appreciate it. They're both absolutely devastated, feel so sad for them."
TV presenter Lorraine Kelly tweeted: "My sincere condolences to Amanda Holden and Chris - so sad they have lost their baby - my thoughts are with them and their families."
Other celebrities to also post messages of support on Twitter to Ms Holden and her partner include James Corden, Richard Madeley, Alexandra Burke and Carol Vorderman.