A cap on the numbers of students England's universities can admit is to be lifted in 2015, the Chancellor George Osborne has said.
- Autumn Statement 2013: As it happened
- Student loans sold off to debt firms
- At-a-glance: Autumn Statement
- Robinson: Good news! Bad news!
- Car tax disc scrapped after 93 years
- Osborne to make fresh spending cuts
Other Education Stories
Features & Analysis
Long days for South Korea's high-performing school pupils
How has the education world changed?
Global tests explained for busy people
Can we learn from how Singapore teaches maths? BBC Skillswise
The university with no curriculum that aims to change the world.
The young Kenyan bringing chatrooms to classrooms
Elsewhere on the BBC
It has been a long wait for this city to get its own Indian style microbrewery