Primary league tables: Regional picture
This map and table shows how primary school attainment varies between England's mainstream local authorities.
The authorities are ranked on the percentage of pupils attaining Level 4 in maths and English. The national average is 79% this year.
The average point score - the average number of points per pupil in the tests - is used as a tie break.
Compare primary schools in your area
- % expected level in English and maths
- Percentage of Year 6 pupils attaining the expected level, Level 4, in English and maths
- Average point score
- The average points per pupil in English and maths Sats tests. We are using it as a secondary tie-break measure in these tables
- % High achieving pupils
- Percentage of Year 6 pupils reaching Level 5, the level expected of a 14-year-old, in both English and maths
- Value added
- A school's value added score shows how well it helps pupils to progress