China's national carrier, Air China, is set to buy 60 Boeing 737 aircraft in a deal worth more than $6bn (£3.8bn).
Planned two-day strike by ground handling staff at Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester airports is suspended after a new pay offer.
British Airways owner IAG says that Irish carrier Aer Lingus has rejected its takeover offer.
Other Top Stories
Farnborough 2014 Highlights
- Malaysia Airlines' future questioned02:11
- An airline black box in 'the cloud'02:10
- Bombardier challenge to Boeing and Airbus01:17
- The electric plane running on batteries01:46
- Scorpion fighter jet goes on show02:03
- Airbus A350 'shark's fin' explained 02:30
- Inside the latest Boeing Dreamliner01:45
- 100 years of commercial aviation01:26
- High demand delays new plane delivery02:20
Features & Analysis
The big global business issues that affect consumers, investors and the environment