10 things we didn't know last week
- 5 September 2014
1. You can make vegan cheese out of human DNA.
2. The most common surname for doctors in the UK is Khan.
3. Lebanon has a craft beer industry.
4. Man-eating sharks are nine times more likely to kill men than women.
5. David Hockney's dachshund once defecated on the floor of Dennis Hopper's Frank Gehry-designed home, prompting a furious reaction.
6. Monkeys at the top and bottom of the social pecking order have physically different brains.
7. Watching action films makes you eat more.
8. There are £1,500 chickens that are entirely black.
9. The men's apparel market in India is worth nearly $2 billion (£1.2 billion) more than that of women.
10. Archer fish adjust for distance when they spit.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek