Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
A Frenchman has lodged a criminal complaint against American Airlines after cabin crew asked him to get off a flight to the US. Why was he ordered off?
- Unsuitable reading matter
- Body odour
- Unsuitable piercing
2.) Multiple Choice Question
What kept Samantha Disney on holiday in Tunisia for three weeks longer than planned?
- Fear of flying
- Wrongly on no-fly list
- Getting lost
3.) Missing Word Question
' * compost' tackles food problem
4.) Multiple Choice Question
It's been revealed that the character behind the famous Hello Kitty brand is not a cat. What is she?
5.) Multiple Choice Question
James Bond fans are being given the chance to recreate the famous bungee jump from GoldenEye on the Contra Dam. In which country?
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Which was the only 21st Century song to have made it into BBC Radio Two's top 20 greatest guitar riffs of all time?
- The Strokes - Last Night
- Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
- Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know
- Green Day - American Idiot
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Austria's Social Democrat Party has been upset by the disappearance of 400 what?
- Elk antlers
- It was body odour. The passenger, of Algerian origin, is alleging racial discrimination.
- It was her fear of flying. Unable to fly back, she and her fiance ended up paying an extra £5,000 before getting home.
- It was cricket. A Canadian university student has devised a way to use scraps to create nutritious crickets.
- She is indeed apparently supposed to be a human girl. Despite looking like a stylised cat. Anthropologist Christine R Yano established the truth.
- It was Switzerland. The jump is 720ft.
- It was the Arctic Monkeys one. Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin was top.
- It was the gnomes. They were being used by the left wing Social Democrat Party as part of election campaigning.
0 - 3 : Dopey
4 - 6 : Grumpy
7 - 7 : Happy
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).