Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Scientists have ranked the songs that make people feel most powerful. Which of the following tracks was in their top three?
- 50 Cent's In Da Club
- Fatboy Slim's Because We Can
- Baha Men's Who Let the Dogs Out
2.) Multiple Choice Question
A suspected burglar was caught by police in Leeds. What had he just done?
- Posted location to Twitter
- Hid in wasp's nest
- Put on Game of Thrones
- Made toasted sandwich
3.) Multiple Choice Question
A Rottweiler cross called Bless is the longest resident at Battersea Dogs Home. Why do staff believe people are so reluctant to adopt the animal?
- Food intolerances
- Bad breath
- Sad face
- Silent bark
The dog was found roaming the streets of London. Staff say she is always overlooked by potential owners despite her loveable personality. They believe the public are put off by Bless's permanently "mournful" face. She has been there five months - the longest-staying resident at the charity.
4.) Multiple Choice Question
In a Utah courtroom, campaigners tried to get a ski resort to overturn a ban. What activity do they want permitted at Alta's ski area?
- Piste selfies
- Phone use on lifts
5.) Missing Word Question
* -powered 'phone battery' made
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Tributes poured in for the actress Lauren Bacall. Which of the following "facts" about her was NOT true?
- Vocal disorder named after her
- Heard John Lennon being shot
- Nearly married Gregory Peck
- Referenced in Bon Jovi song
Bacall had two husbands - Humphrey Bogart until his death in 1957 and actor Jason Robards, whom she divorced in 1969. After Bogart's death she was engaged to Frank Sinatra. But he broke it off after the news leaked out. Of Bogart she said: "He was my mentor, my teacher and the love of my life."
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Volvo is trialling a new type of truck. What is innovative about the design?
- It's driverless
- Uses overhead cables
- It's amphibious
- It's 50 Cent. Because We Can and Who Let the Dogs Out were among those least likely to make people feel strong.
- It's the wasp nest. The man was repeatedly stung after hiding in the bushes from police. He has been charged with burglary after the theft of a fish tank from a shop in Hunslet.
- It's the sad face.
- It's snowboarding. Campaigners argue the ban infringes their 14th amendment right to equal protection. Alta's attorney says the ban is aimed at the equipment snowboarders use rather than the people who do it.
- It's sweat. The tattoo-style battery is fuelled by lactate - which is naturally present in sweat after vigorous exercise. The "biobattery" will power heart monitors, digital watches and eventually smartphones, say scientists in California.
- It's nearly married Gregory Peck.
- It uses overhead cables. Siemens has teamed up with Volvo to test the feasibility of an electric truck that uses overhead wires for power, similar to trams. The hope is it will reduce carbon emissions.
0 - 3 : Sorry lorry
4 - 6 : Keep on trucking
7 - 7 : Vrooom
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).