10 things we didn't know last week
- 15 August 2014
1. A salmon cannon fires 40 fish a minute.
2. After the US, South Korea is the nation that sends the most missionaries around the world.
3. It's possible to charge a phone using sweat.
4. Wine kept in a cupboard at home ages four times as quickly as that stored in a professional cellar.
5. The sound of a ticking clock can make women keener to have babies younger.
6. One in 10 people in the UK does not have a close friend.
7. Up to 8.5% of active Twitter users are not human.
8. Emails sent to employees of German auto manufacturer Daimler while they are on holiday are automatically deleted.
9. Whales and dolphins squeal with pleasure.
10. Electric cars and power tools could be powered using hemp.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek