Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Dating back an estimated 3,300 years, the oldest example of what was found in China recently?
2.) Missing Word Question
Koalas * trees to lose heat
- cut down
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Which country won its first game of football this week?
- Cook Islands
4.) Multiple Choice Question
It was revealed this week that Nicolas Sarkozy couldn't do without what food on the presidential Airbus?
- Steak au poivre
- Coffee ice cream
5.) Multiple Choice Question
What made schoolchildren in Sweden flee their woodwork class?
- Giant wolf
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Harvard University has this week confirmed that it has a book bound with the skin of what?
- Komodo dragon
7.) Multiple Choice Question
Tape was released this week of a woman calling 999 because of a problem with her ice cream. What problem?
- Broken chocolate flake
- Excessively melted
- Inadequate sprinkles
- It was trousers. Brown, with natty geometric patterns, they were probably used for horse-riding.
- It was hug.
- It was Gibraltar. They downed Malta 1-0 having already earned creditable 0-0 draws with Slovakia and Estonia.
- It was coffee ice cream. Francois Mitterand, on the other hand, was a lover of caviar.
- It was an elk bursting into the class through a classroom window.
- The 19th Century book was bound in human skin. The university noted that "anthropodermic bibliopegy" had been practised since the 16th Century.
- It was inadequate sprinkles. The woman was advised it was not a life-or-death emergency.
0 - 3 : Melted
4 - 6 : 99-ish
7 - 7 : Ice, ice baby
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).