10 things we didn't know last week
1. There can be up to 30 security features on a single bank note.
2. The code A113 is implanted in every Pixar movie.
3. Pennsylvania is the most linguistically rich US state - it has five dialects, compared with the typical two or three.
4. Mice don't like the way men smell - the stress is the equivalent of a three minute swim - but the scent of a woman is okay.
5. The Wiltshire village of Amesbury is the oldest continuously inhabited settlement in Britain.
6. Divorce in older couples is more likely when the wife falls ill.
7. Petrol is free for people in Turkmenistan - although the 120 litre free allowance will be phased out soon.
8. You can smell someone's gender.
9. Southern Mexico has sensors that give residents of Mexico City two minutes' notice that an earthquake is on the way - seismic waves travel at 7,000 mph (11265 km/h).
10. A key character in Booker Prize winner Hilary Mantel's latest collection appeared to her in a hallucination while she was high on morphine.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek