10 things we didn't know last week
1. People are more likely to catch yawns from people of their own ethnicity.
2. Bearded men are more attractive when facial hair is scarce
3. Fireworks can create a black ring that hovers in the sky for several minutes before suddenly vanishing.
4. We remember people we met as babies, even if we don't remember being babies.
5. Richard Curtis tried to block Hugh Grant getting the lead in Four Weddings and a Funeral.
6. Birds learn to choose the best building materials for their nests.
7. The authorities in Oregon are very, very particular about getting urine in their reservoirs.
8. South American rhea birds are theoretically capable of disembowelling a person with a single swipe of their claw.
9. Couples who sleep less than an inch apart are more likely to be content with their relationships.
10. Traumatic events in the 19th Century including forced relocation changed the shape of Cherokee skulls.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek