10 things we didn't know last week
1. Dodger Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Dodgers, is the most expensive Major League Baseball ground in which to propose marriage.
2. Female cockroaches make eggs more quickly if they cuddle with other roaches.
3. Denmark consumes the most apples per head while Morocco has the highest orange, tangerine and mandarin consumption.
4. The Inuit language doesn't have a word for freedom - the closest is "annakpok" which means "not caught".
5. Bretons traditionally kiss each other only once on the cheek, unlike their more effusive compatriots in the rest of France who opt for two, three or four pecks.
Find out more (the Times)
6. Adult characters on cereal packets look straight ahead, while children's characters look down at a 9.6 degree angle.
7. The biblical dimensions of Noah's Ark were probably realistic.
8. Dollar squiggles on the pavement denote electric cables below.
9. Sloths only defecate about once a week.
10. Fanny, Gertrude, Gladys, Margery, Marjorie, Muriel, Cecil, Rowland, Willie, Bertha and Blodwen are "extinct" names in the UK - meaning none have been recorded in the latest record of births.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek