10 things we didn't know last week
- 21 February 2014
1. Meryl Streep has been thanked more often than God at the past 12 Oscar ceremonies.
2. Curlers can burn up to 1,800 calories during a game.
3. Do / You is the most common rhyme in pop music.
4. Pigeons helped scientists confirm the Big Bang Theory.
5. Dogs can tell from your voice if you're happy or sad.
6. People in Bangkok and Sao Paulo smile the most in selfies.
7. It is illegal to race rubber ducks in some US states.
8. Elephants console each other when times are tough.
9. Authorities in Jerusalem are DNA testing dogs to deal with fouling.
10. There is a once a year a bus service from Salisbury Plain to Imber.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek