10 things we didn't know last week
1. Couples who watch and discuss romantic comedies are less likely to divorce than those who use other methods of relationship therapy.
2. Prince is very good at ping pong.
3. US military dogs are given ranks that make them more senior than their handlers to encourage the human to treat the animals with respect.
4. Jackdaws' conspicuous bright eyes frighten off their competitors.
5. Farmed salmon with no experience of the world outside line up with the Earth's magnetic field in the direction of their ancestral feeding grounds.
6. The faces of the fastest riders in the Tour de France are 25% more attractive to women than the slowest 10% of riders, although women on the pill had a reduced preference for quicker riders.
7. At Italian football club Cagliari, the stadium has no seats numbered 17 as the number is considered unlucky in Italy - they are labelled 16b instead.
8. Hydrangea plants contain hallucinogenic and euphoria-inducing properties.
9. Humans walked on the Norfolk coast of England more than 800,000 years ago.
10. Jose Mourinho is an unreliable witness when it comes to Scottish accents.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek