10 things we didn't know last week
- 6 December 2013
1. Men and women's brains are differently wired and the difference grows bigger after childhood.
2. You can teach a wolf tricks just like a dog.
3. Neanderthals were house-proud creatures, devoting separate spaces to tool-making, butchering animals and socialising.
4. A children's TV show in Sweden has characters dressed as "poo-poo" and "wee-wee".
5. Female lemon sharks go back to their birthplace to reproduce.
6. The pope used to work as a bouncer.
7. Monkeys in Latin America prefer eating the fruit of the Pouteria and Brosimum trees to bananas.
8. You can tell a person is tall by just hearing their voice.
9. Koalas evolved a vocal organ that allows them to produce a very low-pitched sound for mating.
10. The hardest tongue twister is "pad kid poured curd pulled cold".
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek