Quiz of the week's newsContinue reading the main story
It's the Magazine's 7 days, 7 questions quiz - an opportunity to prove to yourself and others that you are a news oracle. Failing that, you can always claim to have had better things to do during the past week than swot up on current affairs.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Former US vice-president Dick Cheney revealed this week that he had his heart implant modified in 2007. Why?
- Security concerns that terrorists could hack it
- It interfered with the controls on Air Force One
- He set off security alarms in the White House
2.) Multiple Choice Question
Why was Rihanna banished from outside a mosque in Abu Dhabi?
- Revealing outfit
- Wrong headscarf
- Inappropriate photos
- Impromptu performance of Umbrella
3.) Missing Word Question
Sophia Loren wins 39-year * feud
- nude photo
4.) Multiple Choice Question
A groom's solution to forgetting to book his wedding venue led to a prison sentence. What did he do?
- Gatecrashed another venue
- Staged a bomb hoax
- Faked his own kidnap
5.) Multiple Choice Question
How did a Swedish pastor surprise her congregation at the annual "elk hunt sermon" on the eve of hunting season?
- Rode in on an elk
- Wore an elk mask
- Delivered the sermon in a made-up "elk-ish" language
6.) Multiple Choice Question
What type of new club has the Vatican launched to widen its appeal?
- Stand-up comedy
7.) Multiple Choice Question
A mystery humming noise has been keeping people awake in Hampshire. What's it been blamed on?
- Organist's ghost
- Fish mating
- Rutting stags
- It was concerns over terrorists. Mr Cheney's doctor disabled the implant's wireless function to prevent would-be assassins from interfering with it and causing a fatal heart attack. Experts say the risk was "slim" but plausible.
- It's inappropriate photos. The singer was asked to leave a mosque in Abu Dhabi because she did not have permission for a photoshoot. The mosque did not mention Rihanna directly but cited "inappropriate pictures" and "posing in ways that are improper".
- It's tax. The 79-year-old Italian screen star won a drawn-out battle over a tax dispute dating back to 1974.
- It's the bomb hoax. Rather than tell his fiancee, would-be bridegroom Neil McArdle made a bomb-threat call from a phone box. He's been given a 12-month jail sentence.
- It's the elk mask. The pastor, who's also a licensed elk hunter, wanted to offer a sermon to the hunters from an elk's perspective, before later joining in the hunt herself.
- It's a cricket club. St Peter's Cricket Club has been set up to encourage interfaith dialogue.
- It's fish having sex. Scientists believe that it could be male Midshipman fish, which let out a distinctive drone to let females know they are searching for a mate.
0 - 3 : Hmm
4 - 6 : Ho hum
7 - 7 : Hum, hum, hum
For past quizzes including our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, expand the grey drop-down below - also available on the Magazine page (and scroll down).