10 things we didn't know last week
1. Eccles cakes should not be microwaved.
2. Cockroach taste cells have evolved to outwit glucose traps.
3. The creator of the GIF says it should be pronounced "jif".
4. The French call a walkie-talkie a talkie-walkie.
5. Fungi's favourite place to live on the body is the heel.
6. The Borussia in Dortmund is the Latin name for Prussia but the team is said to have been named after the local brewery.
7. Vitamin C can kill drug resistant TB.
8. Neanderthal babies were weaned after 1.2 years.
9. Changing the spelling of common names is known as kree8iv.
10. The pigment gene SLC45A2 causes tigers to be white.
Seen a thing? Tell the Magazine on Twitter using the hashtag #thingIdidntknowlastweek