K M Dubey, doctor at Chapra District Hospital
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Indian schoolchildren poisoned by 'dangerous' pesticide

At least 22 children have died and dozens more have fallen sick after eating a contaminated school meal in India's eastern state of Bihar.

Doctor KM Dubey, who works at Chapra District Hospital where many of the affected children are being treated, says their symptoms are consistent with organo-phosphorous poisoning.

He said: "Even a small quantity of it would prove fatal for small children."

  • 17 Jul 2013
  • From the section India
Go to next video: 'Poisoned' school meal kills children