Hero dog saves owner from choking on sweet
A Carmarthenshire woman was saved from choking on a sweet by her pet dog.
Rachel Hayes, from Drefach Felindre, said her pet springer spaniel Mollypops (pictured) "bashed" her in the back until the sweet came up.
The 40-year-old rewarded the dog with a squeaky chicken and some doggy treats.
She told BBC Radio 5 live's Drive: "I'm living alone so there's nobody that could help me... it was only thanks to Mollypops I'm here to tell the story."
Correction (31 March 2014): An earlier version of this report contained the phrase "Heimlich manoeuvre" which was inaccurate and should not have been used in this context.
18 Mar 2014
- From the section Wales