Findlay Gavin injured at CVS, Ipswich
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Ipswich worker hurt in CVS garage oil drum explosion

An Ipswich repair garage has been fined £40,000 after an employee was left unconscious for five days when an oil drum exploded.

Findlay Gavin was trying to remove the end of the drum at CVS (Anglia) Ltd using a oxyacetylene torch when the explosion happened in November 2011.

CCTV released by Ipswich Borough Council, which prosecuted in the case, shows Mr Gavin was knocked to the ground by the force of the blast, but has since made a "good recovery".

  • 28 Nov 2012
  • From the section Suffolk