Smarden Affair farm poisoning: 50 years on
It has been nearly 50 years since an agricultural poisoning incident that became known as the Smarden Affair came to light.
Cattle, sheep, dogs, a goat and wildlife died after pesticide from a nearby factory in the village of Smarden, near Ashford in Kent, was discharged into a ditch that animals drank from.
Yvette Austin, BBC South East's environment correspondent, spoke to former dairy farmer Norman Jull about the poisoning, which happened between June 1963 and March 1964.
22 Apr 2013
- From the section Kent