Buckholme Towers School reopens after blaze
A Dorset school that was badly damaged by fire has been officially re-opened following repairs.
The upper floors of Buckholme Towers independent preparatory school in Lower Parkstone, Poole, were destroyed in the blaze in March.
No-one was injured in the fire which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The refurbished building includes improved IT, art and science facilities.
A local church was used as a temporary building to allow continued teaching of the school's three-year-old to 12 year-old pupils while repairs were carried out.
Caroline Richardson reports.
03 Sep 2013
- From the section Hampshire & Isle of Wight