Phone hacking trial: Met police statement
A jury has failed to reach verdicts on two outstanding charges against former News of the World editor Andy Coulson and journalist Clive Goodman.
Coulson was convicted on Tuesday of conspiracy to hack phones. Goodman had already pleaded guilty in 2006.
Speaking after the jury was discharged, Assistant Commissioner Cressida Dick said the Met had been "conscious of the sensitivities and legal complexities of investigating a national newspaper".
"Throughout the investigation we have done our best to follow the evidence, without fear or favour," she said.
25 Jun 2014
- From the section UK