Mysterious white substance on Cornish beach
Media playback is unsupported on your device

Beach warning after dog poisoned

Surfers and swimmers have been warned to avoid some west Cornwall beaches after a mystery substance was found.

A dog that ate the white glutinous substance died and several others were made sick, according to vets.

Public Health England said the substance, which is being analysed by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, was a "source of worry".

Cornwall Council is putting up warning signs at beaches in the affected areas.

David George reports

  • 24 Oct 2013
  • From the section UK
Go to next video: Substance 'could kill more birds'