Sarah Houston
Media playback is unsupported on your device

'Our daughter's death must stop toxic slimming pills'

Sarah Houston a 23-year-old medical student died after taking the toxic slimming pill DNP that she bought online.

Although banned for human consumption, DNP is easily available online - in capsule form - because it is a legitimately-used pesticide.

Her parents, Geoff and Gina Houston, told BBC Radio 5 live's Victoria Derbyshire that they hoped their daughter's death will stop anyone else from taking the drug.

  • 24 Apr 2013
  • From the section UK