Petrol cans being filled up
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Video

Woman badly burned decanting fuel

A woman in York has been taken to hospital with 40% burns after setting fire to herself while decanting petrol in her kitchen.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service's Peter Hudson said he had been told the woman's daughter had asked if she had any petrol, "so they were decanting it from one container to another".

He encouraged people not to store fuel in domestic properties.

Mr Hudson was speaking to BBC Radio 5 live. To listen to other 5 live interviews, please visit the Best Bits page.

  • 30 Mar 2012
  • From the section UK