Scientists in China are working on invisibility technology that could eventually have military applications.
An Italian couple contacts the police after a neighbour invites friends round to listen to their love-making.
Pieces of Kiev's toppled Lenin statue are now apparently for sale in Ukraine.
The first man to swim the length of Britain shaves off the beard he grew to protect his face from jellyfish.
The final part of an epic dictionary of medieval Latin is to be published this week, bringing to a close a project initiated a century ago.
A junk collector who has lived underground for 20 years could find herself homeless as authorities clamp down on the inhabitants of Beijing's utility holes.
Persian-language insults left on footballer Lionel Messi's Facebook page are a planned attempt to defile Iran's public image, a politician says.
Police in Australia lose a ring swallowed by a suspect in a jewellery shop theft, amid "gaps" in search procedures.
Indonesia's National Condom Week is cancelled after conservative groups claim it promotes promiscuity.
Five statues of Lenin where you would least expect them
Why we're too willing to ignore the dead
Why photos of women are doctored by some Iranian media
How the World Cup draw could be made fairer
RIP ugliest dog - but what kind was he?
What would Union Jack look like?
The secret double life of a gay neo-Nazi
No more accidentally ripping the thing in two
- Exercise 'cuts risk of dementia'
- Obama takes selfie at Mandela event
- 'Wear a hijab' Fernanda Lima say some Iranians
- Artificial sweetener 'is safe'
- Coldest spot on Earth identified
- Sound of Music actress dies at 91
- Ikea wolf becomes HK protest symbol
- Six things you didn't know about Nelson Mandela
- S Korea says North in 'terror reign'
- 'Giant of history' Mandela honoured