A travel agency in Japan has started organising bridal ceremonies for single women.
A woman is left "mortified" after calling in the Scottish SPCA to rescue an injured parrot that turned out to be a Christmas hat.
Finnish capital loses out on chance to host music awards show, because there aren't enough swanky hotels for stars.
Villagers in Kazakhstan are increasingly buying wolves to guard their land.
Embassy adapts 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to encourage Brits to observe local customs.
Pro-Kremlin news channel turns to astrologer to give an optimistic rouble rate forecast.
Belarusian online opposition group launches campaign to make a wizard president.
A city government in China has been using security guards to pose as police officers.
Islam's holiest site, in the Saudi city of Mecca, will have giant canopies installed to protect pilgrims from the sun.
His pickled heart has provided scientists with few answers
The family with 34 children - and they're adding two more
Why mornings will keep getting darker after 21 December
How 12 days of Christmas have become 12 pubs - in one night
How do you tell genuine art apart from the fakes?
Going back to reclaim a house seized by Syrian profiteers
Why America is excited about ‘ancient’ grains
Bitter regrets in one of the world's cosmetic surgery capitals
Is it possible to improve the umbrella?
Who's pouring millions of dollars into a failed state?
The idea of a Jewish state in the desert near Bahrain
The country where you could make a hash of your holiday
The intricate fabric that takes months to make
- Sony hack: North Korea threatens US as row deepens
- Man dies in police Taser shooting in Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Levi-Blu Cassin: Parents jailed over toddler's murder
- Scotland Live: News, sport, weather and travel updates from across the country on Monday 22 December 2014
- Tesco accounts face fresh inquiry
- Seal found in the middle of a field in St Helens area
- Dozens rescued from flooded Asda store in Kilmarnock
- UKIP councillor Rozanne Duncan expelled from party after remarks
- Ben Haenow beats Mark Ronson to claim Christmas number one
- Spanish Princess Cristina to face fraud trial