Villagers in Kazakhstan are increasingly buying wolves to guard their land.
Finnish capital loses out on chance to host music awards show, because there aren't enough swanky hotels for stars.
Police say sorry for wrongly identifying a driver as Irish based on his accent, when he is actually from Auckland.
Embassy adapts 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to encourage Brits to observe local customs.
Pro-Kremlin news channel turns to astrologer to give an optimistic rouble rate forecast.
Belarusian online opposition group launches campaign to make a wizard president.
A city government in China has been using security guards to pose as police officers.
Islam's holiest site, in the Saudi city of Mecca, will have giant canopies installed to protect pilgrims from the sun.
Doctors in Kazakhstan find surgical instrument left in patient's stomach more than a decade ago.
Going back to reclaim a house seized by Syrian profiteers
Why America is excited about ‘ancient’ grains
Bitter regrets in one of the world's cosmetic surgery capitals
Is it possible to improve the umbrella?
Who's pouring millions of dollars into a failed state?
The idea of a Jewish state in the desert near Bahrain
The country where you could make a hash of your holiday
The intricate fabric that takes months to make
Why kitsch is impossible to escape
The story of Phevos who flew 7,000 miles to escape hard times
The surge in popularity that led to women's football being banned
Why Germany barely remembers the 1914 WW1 Christmas Truce
Why millions of Muslims are looking for love online
Why China sees itself in Lowry's paintings of 1950s Britain
- Nick Hewer to leave The Apprentice
- Sony hack: White House views attack as security issue
- Apple 'failing to protect Chinese factory workers'
- MH17 plane crash: Family's pain at wait for answers
- Prison officers 'sent more than 200 miles to plug staffing gaps'
- Why some people choose to work on Christmas Day
- Child abuse inquiry: Police investigate three alleged murders
- Fugitive Paul John Scott arrested during UK light aircraft return
- Ennio Morricone: 'I regret saying no to Clint Eastwood'
- The buildings that would have been impossible