The man who dug a tunnel under Toronto and caused a media frenzy says the man cave was merely his "dream" hang out spot.
Danish teaching group calls for controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad to be printed in school textbooks.
The Smithsonian museum group in Washington DC has banned the fashionable photography aid, the selfie stick, to "protect visitors" in crowded conditions.
Environment officials are at a loss to identify metre-long amphibian pulled from a pond in northern Vietnam.
A Polish city has started offering homeless people train tickets to leave the area.
Turkey's president is fined for making disparaging remarks about a statue in 2011.
Millionaire fined 54,000 euros under Finland's earnings-linked speeding penalty system.
Moles are being used by a museum in Denmark to help gather information at an archaeological site.
Motorists in New Zealand are confiscating the keys of people they think are driving dangerously, particularly foreign tourists.
Why time just isn't what it used to be
The world's worst interview?
The film star forced to make movies for North Korea
The girl who gets gifts from crows in return for nuts and affection
How the drink Italians gulp before battle is making a comeback
Screaming from the only studio with a bidet
The blind breast cancer detectors who can find tiny 2mm tumours
Why do people relate so strongly to fictional characters?
The film that ran for 20 years in one Mumbai cinema
Would you rob a bank to pay for your lover's gender reassignment?
The Indian buffalo that gets visitors from all over the world
The allergy that makes it almost impossible to eat out
Why it's best not to look too cute on online dating sites
- Steven Gerrard CCTV case: Ex-PC Helen Jones jailed
- Becky Watts murder: Four more charged in investigation
- Nimrud: Outcry as IS bulldozers attack ancient Iraq site
- Fifty Shades of Grey boy, 11, causes stir at school
- The man who posted himself to Australia
- Harrison Ford injured in plane crash
- Doctor Who: Jenna Coleman 'planned to quit' last year
- Mother and lover jailed for Ayesha Ali killing
- Body found in Monaco search for Bristol man Michael Graydon
- Scotland Live: News, sport, weather and travel updates from across the country on Friday 6 March