A UK government minister apologies after giving a watch to the mayor of Taipei, not realising it was a taboo act in Chinese culture.
A French court stops parents from naming their baby girl Nutella after the hazelnut spread, ruling that it would make her the target of derision.
Pinstripes on Narendra Modi's traditional bandhgala suit were actually tiny letters spelling out his name
A Sicilian town is offering reductions in rubbish-disposal fees if people give a dog a home.
Building was made to look just like a real bank with uniformed staff serving customers.
One conservationist says children in the emirates are no longer satisfied with stuffed animals.
Ruling party official laughs off criticism for donning the fur-trimmed number on visit to Germany.
People who don't pay court-ordered compensation are named and shamed on a huge screen outside a city railway station.
Canadian government staff suggest making their own snacks to save public money on awayday.
The camera that has captured readers' lives
The Gulf ruler who played Nazi broadcasts
The story of two murdered boys - one Israeli, one Palestinian
The shady cigarettes that worry the tobacco industry
The photographs that are stopping people in their tracks
Are the days of the traditional Bobby's helmet numbered?
The dump where a woman found enough gold to build a house
The Jew who was offered a job with the Gestapo
Can hidden messages in films really make you buy products?
How the story of a brutal murder changed my life
How do you climb a smooth rock face?
Why my grandfather translated Hitler's Mein Kampf
Nibbling America's invasive plants to death
- New York shuts down as 'historic' snowstorm approaches
- Alexander Litvinenko 'killed on third attempt'
- Australian media scorn Prince Philip 'Knightmare'
- Greece debt repayment in full is 'unrealistic', says Syriza
- Dementia 'linked' to common over-the-counter drugs
- Snow emergency declared in US
- Labour's Ed Miliband to pledge longer social care visits
- FBI cracks 'Russian spy ring'
- Snow warning as icy blast set to hit UK on Wednesday
- Zac Evans pub machete murder accused due in court