Canadian teams breaks an oyster-shucking record set by a French team 12 years ago.
The chief archivist in Kiev says the files now have only "historical value".
Ex-inmates say the Norwegian jail farm helped them get over addiction and start a new life.
The gloves worn by boxer Muhammad Ali during the "Fight of the Century" against Joe Frazier have been sold for nearly $400,000.
Goalkeepers in penalty shoot-outs make a predictable error that could influence the outcome of the game according to new research.
High profile artists and politicians all seem to be in on the national campaign.
A newly discovered way to make entire bodies transparent could pave the way for a new generation of treatments, scientists say.
Cut-out figures of skeletons and separatists remind Ukrainians that insurgents are not here to stay.
A deep-sea octopus is observed nursing her eggs for more than four years - the longest brooding time seen in any animal.
What sort of utopia do we predict now?
The couple who've got the country talking about race
Kenyan highway travellers told not to feed alcohol to monkeys
Is it disgusting or normal to prepare dinner on the metro?
Why are women in Turkey posting laughing selfies?
What does it mean to be a modern patriot?
China takes down reports on inflatable animals
Of which 'kingdom' is this girl a 'princess'?
- Boy detained for 'brain injury' rape
- Poles eat apples to annoy Putin
- Ebola spreading too fast - WHO
- MH17 crash team finds human remains
- Uber taxi app 'competing unfairly'
- BMJ 'right' in statins claims row
- Top DJs say Ibiza is too expensive
- Gaza truce fails as Israeli 'seized'
- Company fined over walkway collapse
- Police 'owe' Leeds United £800,000