Russia's lower house passes a bill banning swearing from films, music and other works of art.
A 35-year-old woman becomes Saudi Arabia's first licensed female pilot.
A Jewish lawyer in Morocco challenges the political establishment by asking to join an Islamist party.
A Russian company issues 1kg Putin coins to mark the annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region by Moscow.
A Guangzhou skyscraper will get lifts that travel at 72km/h - becoming the world's fastest.
North Korean experts learn to make Emmental cheese, supposedly the preferred choice of leader Kim Jong-un.
A Devon farm which features in Michael Morpurgo's book War Horse opens a museum dedicated to the story.
Pop star Prince signs a major deal with Warner Bros Records, the label he famously fell out with nearly 20 years ago.
Manchester rapper MC Tunes' second album is to get its public debut, 23 years after it was due to be heard.
Man U's former manager David Moyes trends worldwide
Escaping daily life in a full-body lycra suit
Are these the world's prettiest Easter eggs?
N Koreans head to France to learn to make leader's top snack
... on the Tube as a protest against 'sexism'
Oldest message in a bottle reaches sender's granddaughter
Couple trace an engagement ring lost years ago at sea
How the sacred and sensuous mingled in ancient India
Why Kim Kardashian is tweeting about the conflict in Syria
The women fighting Brazil's outlook on rape
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Jets scrambled over Russian planes
- US troops in Poland for exercises
- Top Gear 'regrets' Myanmar remark
- Duchess of Cornwall's brother dies
- Complaints mount over Jamaica Inn
- Police make Syria appeal to UK women
- Danger of London's 'hidden homes'
- Plane search examines coastal debris
- Eight arguments about whether the UK is a Christian country