A huge security operation is under way in Canada's capital Ottawa after a gunman killed a soldier at a war memorial and shots were fired in the parliament building.
- Police: 'We were caught by surprise'01:52
- Shots fired inside parliament00:51
- 'You don't have time to be afraid'02:38
- Canada parliament attack - in 45 secs00:45
- How events unfolded in Ottawa02:53
- 'US side by side with Canada'01:39
- Senator: 'I saw police arrive with guns'00:55
- 'I recognised small arms fire'01:37
- Canadian MP heard 'pop, pop, pop'00:30
Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams apologises to sex abuse victims "let down" by the IRA during the Troubles.
Former Dr Feelgood guitarist Wilko Johnson says he has been "cured" of the terminal pancreatic cancer with which he was diagnosed in 2012.
- Rapist Evans in video statement 02:11
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'01:46
- Orphan baby elephant rescued from well00:53
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'03:12
- Loose Women airs last Bellingham show00:29
- Training for safe Ebola burials01:57
- Schools 'should tackle tooth decay'02:01
- In numbers: Treating Ebola patients00:44
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
- 'I've been looking forward to getting out'01:25
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Storm leaves one dead and four hurt01:58
Remembering the swashbuckling Watergate editor Ben Bradlee
The political confrontation in a Hong Kong hair salon
Australian playwright on media baron's rise to power
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
'Things I wish I’d known on day one'
- Ottawa shootings: Soldier killed and city on lockdown
- 'Fake' Chelsea footballer jailed for posing as Gael Kakuta
- Wilko Johnson says he is 'cancer free'
- Sweden could use force against suspected foreign sub
- Mike Read withdraws UKIP Calypso song
- Abuse-risk children 'let down by Sheffield police'
- Debt campaigners tear up student loans
- Teachers asked to suggest ways to reduce workload
- How safe is mouldy food to eat?
- Gerry Adams says IRA 'let down' sex abuse victims
Last Updated at 18:30 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7325.76||Up||48.89||0.67%|