A legal challenge is launched into the choice of Fiona Woolf as the chair of the inquiry investigating historical child abuse as political pressure grows.
- Inquiry head defends Brittan links
- Why abuse inquiries are in the news
- Timeline: Historical child abuse claims
- Colourful MP who compiled dossier
The Syrian military has stepped up its air strikes on rebel-held areas dramatically, carrying out more than 200 in recent days, activists say.
The World Health Organization's emergency committee is holding talks on travel restrictions and screening measures on the Ebola outbreak.
- Training for safe Ebola burials01:57
- Near miss as part of stadium collapses00:30
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'02:01
- Loose Women airs last Bellingham show00:29
- Archbishop's sorrow over Dean's abuse02:28
- Duchess awards photography prize02:46
- Watergate reporters' tribute to Ben Bradlee
- Making sure war dead live on in memory02:35
Build-up to Liverpool v Real Madrid and Arsenal v Anderlecht, reaction to last night's Champions League matches, plus rolling news.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
- 'I've been looking forward to getting out'01:25
- Ebola: The doctors risking their lives01:53
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Storm leaves one dead and four hurt01:58
- Oscar Pistorius begins jail sentence03:08
Remembering the swashbuckling Watergate editor Ben Bradlee
The political confrontation in a Hong Kong hair salon
Australian playwright on media baron's rise to power
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
'Things I wish I’d known on day one'
- Sweden could use force against suspected foreign sub
- Mike Read withdraws UKIP Calypso song
- Microsoft ditching the Nokia name on smartphones
- 'Fake' Chelsea footballer jailed for posing as Gael Kakuta
- Bali murder victim from UK killed on orders of wife, police say
- Lynda Bellingham's last TV interview aired on Loose Women
- Moscow Total plane crash snowplough driver 'got lost'
- How safe is mouldy food to eat?
- S Club 7 reunite for Children in Need
- Legal challenge launched over abuse inquiry chair
Last Updated at 09:58 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7354.47||Up||77.60||1.07%|