UK security service MI5 asked London street attack suspect Michael Adebolajo if he wanted to work for them half a year ago, a childhood friend claims.
- US road bridge falls into river01:47
- Stockholm cars and schools targeted02:17
- Huge fire consumes Rio fuel depot00:32
- Uganda raids over Museveni 'plot'02:17
- Iran election campaign under way01:49
- Chinese farmer creates 'bionic arms'02:19
- Second jewel theft at Cannes festival01:27
- Cockroaches evolve to beat traps01:48
Other Top Stories
Syria's main opposition coalition says it is willing to attend an peace conference next month only if President Bashar al-Assad agrees to step down.
Afghan security forces battle Taliban insurgents for hours in central Kabul, following an explosion that shook the capital.
- The book clubs that find bestsellers03:22
- Saudi drivers in 'sidewalk skiing' craze01:22
- First halal food fair for Sarajevo01:53
- One-minute World News01:05
- The Queen and her passion for horses03:34
- Black bear roams Los Angeles suburb00:51
- King wins first female Gershwin prize01:42
- Openly gay US Boy Scouts allowed01:21
Don't microwave eccles cakes, and nine other nuggets
The 'safety belt' for the walking texter
What we have learnt from Martian probes
Will Nawaz Sharif walk the military tightrope in Pakistan?
Bonjour, mes amis antiques, let's parler Franglais
The UN's illusion of protection in eastern DR Congo
- MI5 'approached Woolwich suspect'
- Afghan Taliban attack central Kabul
- Syria opposition ready to negotiate
- Dancer 'lied' in Berlusconi sex case
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- Arizona sheriff 'profiled' Hispanics
- Author investigated for 'clown' gibe
- Lesbian drama is Cannes favourite
- Nigeria Boko Haram camps 'destroyed'
- Tiger attack wildlife worker dies
Marc Cieslak looks at the watches which are capable of doing more than just telling the time