Prosecutors in South Korea ask for an arrest warrant for the captain of the ferry that capsized on Wednesday killing 28, with 268 missing.
- In pictures: South Korea ferry search
- Panic and hope over S Korea ferry
- Harrowing texts sent as ferry sank
- Rescue teams enter ship cargo deck01:42
- Three bodies recovered from ferry01:28
- What caused S Korea ferry disaster?02:18
- Video from stricken Korean ferry00:35
- Families wait at port for news01:24
- S Korea ferry boss admits 'grave sin'00:23
- Six-year-old rescued from ferry 00:44
- Ferry captain 'sorry and ashamed'00:11
- Amateur video 'from inside tilted ship'02:59
- Aerial video of frantic helicopter rescues01:10
- 'No attempt to use all the life rafts'03:15
- Footage shows panic as boats arrive01:27
A seven-year-old boy is taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary after an incident involving petrol left him with severe burns.
An 18-year-old British man who was killed in Syria "died in battle" and was not a terrorist, his father tells the BBC.
At least 12 local guides have been killed after an avalanche on the slopes of Mount Everest, officials in Nepal say.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Kate meets Manly Beach life-savers01:41
- Easter story in a shipping container02:34
- A day in the life of the BBC in Ukraine04:39
- How four men can play one piano02:26
- Volcano spews ash forcing evacuation01:01
- Tree topples as strong winds hit NZ00:47
- NHS Trust 'blackened' doctor's name09:13
- Row over Irish dancing make-up ban02:52
Sherlock star braves the cold for Fargo TV series
Readers share memories of work of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
What makes Jerusalem so holy to three religions?
Rahul Gandhi faces a tough challenge in India polls
What exactly is 'good' about Good Friday?
How zoos plan for a lion escape
After 20 years, Alfa Romeo returns to the US
The bookshop on a barge that travels the canal system
Sir Alex Ferguson's wine cellar has most bottles from where?
- A fifth of gardeners 'throw snails'
- One person killed as boat capsizes
- Kim Novak speaks out over jibes
- Boy in hospital with severe burns
- Easter funeral for Peaches Geldof
- Teen's Facebook brag costs dad $80K
- Fatal crash cyclist 'doing 40mph'
- S Korea ferry captain arrest sought
- Asteroid in record Earth near-miss
- Quiz of the week's news
Last Updated at 12:49 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||5063.32||Up||0.02||0.03%|