At least one person is dead and another injured after Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo space tourism craft crashes in California.
Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga fighters cross the Turkish border to help defend the Syrian town of Kobane from Islamic State militants.
Fiona Woolf is to step down as the head of an inquiry into historic child sex abuse, she has told the BBC.
- Fiona Woolf steps down: Full interview10:09
- Sixty years of British animation03:18
- Poppy hijab for Remembrance02:08
- The real-life Winnie the Pooh02:35
- The makeshift 'protection' for Ebola02:31
- Inside a haunted house in Louisiana02:38
- The dancers who light up the stage03:41
- Lab for world’s worst animal viruses03:34
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- They drank equivalent of how many burgers?02:54
- Baby pandas wrestle with their keeper01:39
- The mystery drones over nuclear sites01:33
- Junior doctor admits child sex abuse02:26
- 'Rage on the streets' in Burkina Faso01:37
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
- Wine vs doughnut: The calories in booze01:39
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
The official whose over-familiar letters infuriated his boss
Why do wives take a man's name after marriage?
Scratching really does make things itch, and other nuggets
Are Corsica's days of mafia and militants over?
Zebra crossings to bus stations: surprising listed buildings
Movember turns its attention to men's mental health
The blind maestro leading an all-blind orchestra
The week in numbers with our Go Figure images
The students educated in British schools but denied student loans
F1 star on turning up the pressure in his title fight BBC Sport
- Virgin Galactic spacecraft crash kills one
- Man killed in shooting at Manchester Food Traders
- Elected senate would replace House of Lords under Labour
- Why should women change their names on getting married?
- Abuse inquiry: Fiona Woolf steps down as chairwoman
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- Warmest UK Halloween on record
- BBC refuses to make Top Gear apology over Argentina row
- How often is 'antifreeze' added to food and drink?
- Rolf Harris loses first conviction appeal bid
Last Updated at 20:51 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7578.13||Up||76.11||1.01%|