David Cameron says a future Conservative government would cut taxes for thirty million people as he delivers his party conference speech.
All the action and reaction as David Cameron delivers his speech to the Conservatives' annual conference in Birmingham.
The disappearance of teenager Alice Gross is now being treated as a murder inquiry after a "significantly concealed" body is found.
Thousands gather in Hong Kong for pro-democracy rallies on China's National Day, despite a call by leader CY Leung to work with Beijing.
Live coverage from Hong Kong where thousands of people are on the streets on National Day in protest over changes to electoral laws.
- Are we running out of phone numbers?02:26
- Can divided UK learn from Bavaria? 02:01
- Tory highs and lows in the last year02:19
- Spandau Ballet on 80s 'hedonism'01:53
- Windows 10 'brings back familiarity'01:46
- Muslim hate crime 'up 65% in London'02:21
- Students travel by robotic sofa01:35
- Bill Gates on the Ebola challenge02:08
UK & Local News
MPs vote by 524 to 43 in favour of UK military action against Islamic State in Iraq.
Find a representative
- RAF release video of Iraq attack01:20
- 'Yellow Umbrella Man' HK protest01:54
- Scheme trials music videos age ratings02:15
- Kurdish weapons 'no match' for IS03:21
- Japan volcano : Death toll reaches 4801:34
- Alan Henning's wife pleads for his release 02:17
- Alice police confirm river body find02:10
- Driest September on record - Met Office01:38
One photographer's take on 1960s Britain
Why is it seen as unusual to eat certain animals?
How Bosnia is helping Cyprus find peace
Test your knowledge of changes affecting finances on 1 October
The $250m internet firm at the forefront of 'lowbrow click-bait'
The mystery of Connie Converse, the original singer-songwriter
How Iraqis are using comedy to tackle fear of Islamic State
The rule that's left Japan's sunny beaches deserted
Are US fraternities doing enough to stop campus rape?
What the politicians aren’t telling us about the NHS budget
- Radio and TV host Sheila Tracy dies
- Body find sparks Alice murder probe
- Cameron vow to protect NHS spending
- Why Japan's sunny beaches are deserted
- Thousands unable to re-new car tax
- Tom and Jerry carries racism warning
- Why are chicken, lamb, pork and beef the 'normal' meats?
- Teen killed 'to teach her a lesson'
- The 'click-bait' internet firm
- Remains found in Disappeared search
Last Updated at 10:13 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7333.14||Down||-49.72||-0.67%|