An ex-care worker in Rotherham, where at least 1,400 girls were sexually exploited, says men would pick up victims as young as 11 from a children's home.
- Who was in charge in Rotherham?
- Who can child abuse victims turn to?
- Ex-children's head 'must quit'
- Victim was 'raped once a week'
- Early inspections over abuse scandal
A five-year-old boy with a brain tumour is taken without consent from hospital by his parents, sparking a major police hunt for the family.
Eurosceptic Conservative MPs distance themselves from Douglas Carswell amid talk of further defections to UKIP.
A High Court bid to halt this year's badger culling, which will take place without independent monitoring, fails
- Police seize gamer during live broadcast00:53
- 100-year-old tortoise is on the move01:10
- Song of a four-storey 'earth harp'01:48
- Millionaires search Med for migrants03:18
- 'Bruise suit' for disabled athletes02:11
- 106th birthday for Bette Davies01:45
- Cowell 'upset' over weight comment01:39
- Scientists trial knotweed killers02:13
Latest transfers, eight Premier League managers face the media, Europa League draw (12:00 BST) and best buys debate.
UK & Local News
MPs approve the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Bill at second reading.
Find a representative
- IS 'kills scores' of Syrian soldiers02:10
- Iceland eruption triggers red alert00:31
- Victim: 'Police lost abuse evidence'03:25
- Rides and risks in huge California waves02:37
- Brazil dismantles Amazon 'destroyers'01:12
- Bake Off's Iain: I don't hold a grudge03:10
- RSPCA seeks ban on monkeys as pets 02:27
- Oldest wing walker takes to skies02:00
The odd objects looted by the British from Washington in 1814
The millionaires who rescue people at sea
Will Clacton's voters opt for UKIP over the Tories?
What unusual offence got a Frenchman thrown off a plane?
The art of making boats out of coffee stirrers
The Ebola journey no-one in Ivory Coast wants to take
What industry learned from World War One
The mother who spent seven years tracking down her son's killer
What new techniques can reliably establish our identities?
Recession drives new wave of prospectors into the wild
- Diana's Bake Off exit announced
- Abusers 'brazenly targeted girls'
- Police hunt for boy taken from ward
- Nato crisis meeting on Ukraine
- The odd objects looted from Washington DC in 1814
- Iceland eruption triggers red alert
- The millionaires who rescue people at sea
- Quiz of the week's news
- Motorcyclist killed in crash named
- Paul Hollywood: GBBO furore a joke
Last Updated at 05:56 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7371.43||Up||0.29||0.00%|