There is no link between tough laws and levels of illegal drug use, a Home Office study finds, sparking a policy row within the coalition government.
A Libyan man can sue the UK government over claims he was illegally sent back to Libya and tortured, the Court of Appeal rules.
Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly acknowledged his sexuality saying he made his announcement to help others struggling with their identity.
Protesters angry at plans to allow Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore to extend his 27-year-rule set fire to parliament in the capital.
The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
- How to build an engine in 42 seconds02:02
- Lava flow creeps toward Hawaii homes00:47
- You behind the pillar, you're on camera!00:54
- Becoming a mother at 70 in India02:31
- Newly-lit Sistine Chapel is unveiled02:01
- Mexico tunnel reveals ancient relics 00:26
- Sonic boom after 'shoot down' warning02:36
- Woman who had 100 catcalls in 10 hours01:34
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including questions to environment ministers.
Find a representative
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- On the buses with Prince Harry01:17
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
- Breastfeeding photo deleted by Facebook02:20
- No hugs for Ebola volunteers02:14
- Puppy farm murders: 'He's shot my mum'03:08
- Skater's view of listed status skatepark02:42
- UK charities launch Ebola aid appeal02:42
The developer forced to leave her home due to threats
Are the days of the humble key numbered?
What MPs can and can't wear in parliament
The Leonardo hidden from Hitler in case it gave him special powers
The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
Is eating sage better for your alertness than coffee?
England's strange and ancient Halloween alternatives
Jetpacks, driverless cars and solar roads
The Aussie firms offering unusual job perks and flexible working
- Apple chief Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Sarah Payne's father Michael 'found dead at Kent home'
- Unexpected ways to wake up your brain
- Ebola outbreak: Nurse Kaci Hickox defies quarantine
- The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
- Is the traditional metal key becoming obsolete?
- UK government can be sued over rendition claims, judges rule
- Cuts to employment and support allowance 'considered'
- No link between tough penalties and drug use - report
- Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze
Last Updated at 09:39 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7468.55||Up||21.71||0.29%|