Authorities in Canada release video showing the moments before a lone gunman stormed into Canada's parliament and was shot dead.
Increasing NHS spending in England by the £8bn health bosses warn will be needed by 2020 will be tough but possible, the health secretary says.
The Metropolitan Police is to pay more than £400,000 to a woman whose child was fathered by a man she did not know was an undercover police officer.
Tesco shares close 6.5% down after the retailer announced that profits were overstated by £263m, £13m more than the original estimate.
Singer Alvin Stardust, best known for his hit My Coo Ca Choo, dies aged 72 after recently being diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer.
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- Joss Stone's Poppy Appeal vigil01:30
- Disabled Students: Off to university03:00
- The tech start-ups trying to get noticed04:11
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'03:12
- Can King Khan top Diwali box office?02:23
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:23
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
- Classic comedy episodes rediscovered03:06
- Farmland birds show rapid decline01:40
- Westminster's dog of the year show02:55
- Art on motorbikes in Kampala 02:33
- Battle over the Great Barrier Reef02:52
Harry Roberts and the crime that shocked a nation
Australian photographer explores Greenland's vast ice sheet
Two very different paths to smarter cities
How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
How much do you know about the life of the chicken you eat?
What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
How West Africans are rallying against Ebola stigma
Unite chief on his life, Miliband and why he likes Downton Abbey
- Ottawa shootings: Video of Zehaf-Bibeau attack released
- Miranda Hart calls time on BBC sitcom
- Alvin Stardust, glam rock singer, dies aged 72
- Sham weddings trial collapses after officers 'lied on oath'
- Michael Schumacher: Injured ex-F1 driver makes 'progress'
- Police killer Harry Roberts to be freed
- Everton fans targeted with tear gas in Lille before Europa League game
- Do people know where their chicken comes from?
- How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
- Tesco shares slump after raised profit error
Last Updated at 17:15 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7367.94||Up||42.18||0.58%|