Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson vows to continue his space tourism venture despite the SpaceShipTwo craft crashing in the US, killing a pilot.
The Foreign Office warns British travellers they could be targeted by terrorists seeking revenge for UK air strikes against Islamic State militants.
The government is urged to get an inquiry into historical child sex abuse moving quickly after Fiona Woolf stood down as its chairwoman.
- Taking a virtual dive into the deep01:50
- On board Knox-Johnston's yacht02:15
- Hello Kitty shrine in Singapore02:04
- London poppy crowds 'must plan visit'
- Obamas welcome trick-or-treaters00:35
- 'I blogged my way to mental health' 02:15
- Global light show coming to Glasgow02:36
- Serial: Cult podcast grips audiences04:38
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- Peshmerga fighters 'in Kobane'02:11
- Forty years riding Wall of Death02:46
- Model pupils refused student loans00:40
- Space project continues - Branson02:12
- Stadium packed for footballer funeral01:39
- Ebola carers 'face discrimination'02:07
- Police cautions 'to be scrapped' 01:23
- Contactless payment 'security flaw'02:57
Why do wives take a man's name after marriage?
Zebra crossings to bus stations: unusual listed buildings
The official whose over-familiar letters infuriated his boss
The week in numbers with our Go Figure images
How to be a successful choreographer
The risks of failing to write a will
Why did a drunken Delhi fight escalate into religious violence?
Movember turns its attention to men's mental health
Scratching really does make things itch, and other nuggets
Commemorating Britain's first naval defeat of World War One
- Virgin Galactic crash: Branson vows to continue space project
- Police cautions 'to be scrapped' in England and Wales
- UK travellers warned of increased global terror threat
- Egypt jails 'gay wedding video' men
- Why should women change their names on getting married?
- Senzo Meyiwa: Crowds gather for S African footballer's funeral
- Stafford fireworks blaze: Men who died named
- Elected senate would replace House of Lords under Labour
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- The official who put 'Love to Patrick' on letters to his boss
Last Updated at 08:55 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7578.13||Up||76.11||1.01%|