The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- Fears raised 'free NHS' will end
- Experts in NHS funding debate call
- Give NHS more cash, say coalition MPs
- Footage of shots fired inside parliament00:51
- Memorial eyewitness: 'I saw guy with a rifle'00:35
- 'United States side by side with Canada'01:39
- Canada parliament attack - in 45 secs00:45
- Police: 'We were caught by surprise'01:52
- 'You don't have time to be afraid'02:38
- How events unfolded in Ottawa02:53
- Senator: 'I saw police arrive with guns'00:55
- 'I recognised small arms fire'01:37
- Canadian MP heard 'pop, pop, pop'00:30
- White House 'offers support' to Canada01:11
Lloyds Banking Group is planning to cut around 9,000 jobs - around a tenth of its entire workforce - over the next three years, the BBC understands.
A whistleblower tells the BBC hundreds of people at risk of sexual exploitation in Sheffield were let down by police.
Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams apologises to sex abuse victims "let down" by the IRA during the Troubles.
- Rapist Evans in video statement 02:11
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'01:46
- Orphan baby elephant rescued from well00:53
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'03:12
- Loose Women airs last Bellingham show00:29
- Training for safe Ebola burials01:57
- Schools 'should tackle tooth decay'02:01
- In numbers: Treating Ebola patients00:44
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
- 'I've been looking forward to getting out'01:25
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Storm leaves one dead and four hurt01:58
Remembering the swashbuckling Watergate editor Ben Bradlee
The political confrontation in a Hong Kong hair salon
Australian playwright on media baron's rise to power
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
'Things I wish I’d known on day one'
- Ottawa shootings: Soldier killed and city on lockdown
- 'Fake' Chelsea footballer jailed for posing as Gael Kakuta
- Wilko Johnson says he is 'cancer free'
- Sweden could use force against suspected foreign sub
- Mike Read withdraws UKIP Calypso song
- How safe is mouldy food to eat?
- David Cameron: 'Buck stops with me' on foreign criminals
- Debt campaigners tear up student loans
- Gerry Adams says IRA 'let down' sex abuse victims
- Newspaper headlines: NHS 'revamp', Canada attacks, police killer freed
Last Updated at 19:03 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7325.76||Up||48.89||0.67%|