Teachers, councillors and social workers in England and Wales who fail to protect children from sexual exploitation could face up to five years in jail under proposals being unveiled by the PM.
- 'No hiding' from Oxford abuse failures
- The history of a child abuse scandal
- Rotherham abuse: Key dates
- Gang abuse cases in other towns
Barclays reports a 21% fall in full-year statutory pre-tax profits, as boss Antony Jenkins is awarded his first bonus as chief executive.
Incidents of discrimination in English professional and grassroots football has increased, according to Kick It Out. BBC Sport
- Would Frank watch House of Cards?03:39
- Japan seeks to reboot innovation03:01
- Chinese treasures stolen in France01:27
- Meet West Brom's oldest fan, aged 10701:18
- Argentina's art-loving property magnate04:00
- Retracing the Selma civil rights march 03:03
- Behind the east Belfast tiger skin03:27
- Finnish punk band to take on Eurovision
The arrest of footballer Adam Johnson, new abuse laws, and a safety warning over paracetamol are all topics in Tuesday's newspapers.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including an urgent question on terrorism.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Skydiver saved after mid-air seizure01:32
- Why life in Singapore is so expensive01:48
- On frontline protecting Kenya's rhinos02:29
- Spy inside al-Qaeda goes public01:21
- On the trail of Mohammed Emwazi02:29
- Sensors everywhere: MWC's new gadgets02:30
- 'How I was radicalised online'05:12
- Respects paid to Boris Nemtsov 01:41
Delhi bus rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
The founder member of al-Qaeda who worked for MI6
Just how reliable are 'before and after' photos?
A champion F1 designer and other notable losses
Theories abound over murder that shocked Moscow
The 50-year fight to recover paintings looted by the Nazis
A mechanic, a merchant and an artist tell of struggle in Yemen
- School closures in Northern Ireland
- Delhi rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
- Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with girl, 15
- Boris Nemtsov funeral: Russia restricts foreign mourners
- Regular coffee drinkers have 'cleaner' arteries
- Jihadi John recording: Mohammed Emwazi denied extremism
- Newspaper review: Johnson arrest, abuse law and a paracetamol 'alert'
- 'Attractive jihadists can lure UK girls to extremism'
- The art of before-and-after pictures
- Coventry tunnel turned into Motofest nightclub
Last Updated at 03:46 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8030.10||Up||1.21||0.02%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Does it matter that the Moon is moving slowly away from us?