A future Conservative government would seek new powers to ban extremist groups and curb the activities of "harmful" individuals, Theresa May says.
- Analysis: Can extremism plan work?
- Easton: What is extreme?
- Special report: Party conferences 2014
- Girl, 15, 'may be heading to Syria'
Indecent images of pupils are found on the computer of an Essex deputy head teacher who was found dead after he was visited by police.
Heavy fighting is reported on both sides of a key border crossing between Iraq and Syria, where Kurdish forces are battling Islamic State militants.
Hong Kong leader CY Leung urges pro-democracy protesters to "immediately" stop their campaign, as crowds bring areas to a standstill.
- 'I hid from boulders when volcano erupted'02:24
- Hot air balloon descends into cave01:29
- Clintons leave hospital with baby00:50
- Will it be the driest September on record?02:05
- Bomb-makers tracked via sewers02:14
- 'I mistook Hertford gig for Hereford'02:07
- Evan Davis puts PM to the test04:18
- Why web inventor 'pays his way' online02:57
UK & Local News
MPs vote by 524 to 43 in favour of UK military action against Islamic State in Iraq.
Find a representative
- Drone captures scale of Hong Kong protest01:34
- Johnson gives 'permission to purr'01:35
- Woman loses finger after spider bite01:49
- Third video of UK hostage released01:19
- Helicopter braves volcano ash cloud02:24
- Freezing benefits 'a basic fairness'01:46
- Was Mirror right to sting minister?01:48
- S Yorks police 'weak' on sexual abuse01:00
IS militants seem to be changing tactics after air strikes
Things that could only happen in a Hong Kong protest
Experts on ways to encourage children to look after their teeth
Beaten and raped - the story of an African servant in Saudi Arabia
What hobby did this drawing start in 1825?
Woman's six-month campaign to have pictures removed
Where does the phrase 'boots on the ground' come from?
Photos of men and women who risk their lives to get rich in Guinea
Why are two million drivers still refusing to buckle up?
Rory Cellan-Jones on relationship between government and tech giants
Is there any chance of compromise in Hong Kong?
Is Theresa May's plan to tackle extremists workable?
Are longer GP hours answer to improving access to services?
Lender Wonga is paying the price
- Sainsbury's 'spend more' poster gaffe
- Dead teacher filmed boys changing
- Islamic State 'adapting to air strikes'
- Thousands flock to 'anti-Facebook'
- Muslim NFL player's 'prayer penalty'
- Virgin asks for football TV inquiry
- Things that could only happen in a Hong Kong protest
- Boy's life-support should end - judge
- eBay to split off PayPal business
- Cold Calling: The victim who fought back
Last Updated at 11:49 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7388.43||Up||19.96||0.27%|