Victims' groups are expected to tell child abuse inquiry officials that Fiona Woolf should step down as its head as concerns about her suitability persist.
- Abuse inquiry appointment 'chaotic'
- Why abuse inquiries are in the news
- Legal challenge over abuse inquiry
- Child abuse investigations
The UK government is not doing enough to tackle "petty corruption" in countries to which it gives aid, a report by a scrutiny body says.
Royal Bank of Scotland has set aside £400m to cover costs into possible manipulation of the foreign exchange market.
Alcohol should have a calorie content label in order to reduce obesity, according to public health doctors.
- Wine vs doughnut: The calories in booze01:39
- The makeshift 'protection' for Ebola02:31
- Inside a haunted house in Louisiana02:38
- Stars glow at Interstellar premiere02:40
- Tower poppies artist hails volunteers01:40
- Westminster and Whitehall ghost tales02:07
- Inside India bank robbers' tunnel02:08
- You behind the pillar, you're on camera!00:54
Andy Murray books his place at the World Tour Finals with an emphatic victory over Grigor Dimitrov at the Paris Masters.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- The mystery drones over nuclear sites01:33
- Lab for world’s worst animal viruses03:34
- Poppy hijab for Remembrance02:08
- 'Rage on the streets' in Burkina Faso01:37
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
Is moving house a nightmare or life affirming?
What did Robbie's wife tell him to stop singing during labour?
Tips for a disability-friendly Halloween
How one man's luck landed him a place in cinema history
The metal detectorists who are saving marriages
How Timothy Spall created 400 artworks for his latest film
How former Remploy workers struggle to find work
The health workers volunteering to fight Ebola
- Stafford fireworks fire: One person still missing
- Fiona Woolf: Abuse victims call for inquiry head to quit
- Newspaper headlines: Labour 'wipeout', Ebola threat and UK aid
- Alcohol calorie content: Labels needed, says RSPH
- Moving house: Nightmare or life-affirming?
- Lavish praise from teachers 'does not help pupils'
- What are Remploy workers doing now?
- Quiz of the week's news
- UK 'must do more' to tackle aid corruption
- Halloween: England's strange and ancient winter rituals
Last Updated at 03:32 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7522.74||Up||20.72||0.28%|