The deputy prime minister calls for the parents of five-year-old brain tumour patient Ashya King to be freed from custody and reunited with their son.
South Yorkshire Police commissions an independent investigation into its handling of the Rotherham child abuse scandal, while Labour suspends four members in the town.
Fighters from a militant Islamic group in Afghanistan, allied to the Taliban, tell the BBC they are considering joining forces with Islamic State.
The FBI looks into allegations that the online accounts of celebrities have been hacked, leading to intimate pictures being posted online.
- Homecoming joy for bike accident teen02:29
- Free hot meals for primary pupils01:44
- The ten-year-old who loves to code01:26
- Owners reunited with cliff rescue dog01:56
- 'Hero' cat saves owner from fire 00:40
- Plea for Wedgewood collection02:02
- Solar farm plan for Somerset Levels02:02
- Do you know what 11x12 is?00:55
Among the stories fascinating Tuesday's press are whether British forces will engage jihadists in Iraq, and the mass hacking of celebrities' iCloud accounts.
UK & Local News
Chancellor George Osborne and his ministerial team are taking questions from MPs.
Find a representative
- Volcano continues fiery eruption00:49
- The most future-proof profession?01:32
- ‘I smuggled jihadists into Syria’02:50
- 'Bacon butty' for British Ebola nurse02:02
- How to spot the signs of skin cancer02:39
- Iraq grannies 'take on IS in Amerli’03:17
- Can new powers stop UK jihadists?02:09
- CPS: Ashya King case 'under review'01:29
Have some football clubs overpaid for their new players?
Would banning high-power appliances actually save energy?
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
Why Paris is forgetting Ernest Hemingway
China's museum boom hatches roast duck tribute
How corals stir up their world to draw in nutrients
- How much has the ice bucket challenge achieved?
- Survivor singer Jamison dies aged 63
- Does the rest of UK care if Scotland goes?
- Ashya case under review, says CPS
- Have some football clubs overpaid for players?
- Russia 'to alter military doctrine'
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- Does limiting the power of appliances save energy?
- Boris Island airport plan 'not dead'
- FBI probes 'Cloud' celebrity leaks
Last Updated at 07:30 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7411.62||Up||33.51||0.45%|