Children in the UK have suffered sexual abuse on an "industrial scale" with authorities failing to tackle the problem, David Cameron has said.
Incomes for those of working age are still below pre-crisis levels, according to research by the Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS).
An ex-Royal Marine has become the first Briton to be killed while fighting with Kurdish forces against Islamic State in Syria, the Kurdish militia says.
- Rio at 450: The city in photographs 02:57
- Tourists flock to Japan's Cat Island00:51
- WW1 ship given new lease of life02:46
- Phoenix Nights star thanks medics01:30
- Sports diplomacy for prince in China 01:13
- On frontline protecting Kenya's rhinos02:29
- Jumping off NZ's tallest tower
- Cross-country skiing taking off 02:01
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including an urgent question on child sexual exploitation.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- 'How I snapped weasel on bird photo'02:14
- Dramatic footage as Chile volcano erupts01:29
- Thousands turn out to farewell Nemtsov02:36
- Grim remains of MH17 shown02:33
- Abuse victim: 'They didn't want to know'03:05
- Emwazi audio recording emerges01:25
- Spy inside al-Qaeda goes public01:21
- Detained plane spotters 'knew rules'01:50
Delhi bus rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
The founder member of al-Qaeda who worked for MI6
Just how reliable are 'before and after' photos?
What do you see when you close your eyes?
What has happened to Japan's inventors?
Thousands rally against the ban on beef in India
The 50-year fight to recover paintings looted by the Nazis
Images of the models to look out for this year
A "fearless" man and great player BBC Sport
- Becky Watts: Body parts found at Bristol house
- Paul Gambaccini backs 28-day bail limit after Operation Yewtree arrest
- Delhi rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back
- Disgraced entertainer Rolf Harris stripped of CBE
- UK children suffered sex abuse on 'industrial scale'
- The art of before-and-after pictures
- Syria death reported of ex-British marine fighting alongside Kurds
- Delhi gang rapist interview: Court blocks Leslee Udwin film
- Weasel photographed riding on a woodpecker's back
- Pennie Davis death: Woman 'killed over sex assault claim'
Last Updated at 19:09 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7992.61||Down||-36.28||-0.45%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Does it matter that the Moon is moving slowly away from us?