Militants from Somali group al-Shabab say they attacked a bus in northern Kenya, killing 28 people, in revenge for security raids on mosques.
A billion pounds raised from banking fines in the UK should be spent on the NHS, Labour's shadow chancellor Ed Balls says in a speech.
Two Polish men who died after a balcony collapsed in west London on Friday are named as Tomasz Procko, 22, and Karol Szymanski, 29.
Western sanctions against Russia over its role in Ukraine are aimed at forcing regime change in Moscow, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says.
- Doll challenges Barbie body shape00:32
- Car chase ends in building collapse00:37
- Scrabble players vie for world champion03:29
- Street pole-dancing in Buenos Aires01:27
- Bike prototype with global interest01:04
- Twitter co-founder defends application04:18
- #BBCtrending: Who is Philly Jesus?02:44
- Parked car brings tram to standstill00:33
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Flood fears as US snowfall eases01:18
- Dizzy world of aerobatic flying02:55
- Ukraine uprising one year on02:45
- NHS staff set off to help fight Ebola01:35
- Labour calls for NHS investment01:06
- Two dead in London balcony incident01:18
- Thornberry: 'I got it wrong over tweet'00:39
- UK joins Poland in Nato drill02:17
Wayne Rooney's got 100 - but is it still a big deal?
Heavy drinking, a jealous husband and Under Milk Wood
Are 0% interest credit card deals a good idea?
The blind revolutionary nobody remembers
A French envoy is poisoned - are British diplomats to blame?
Haile Gebrselassie on his move from athletics to the boardroom
Angelina can do Derby accent - and more nuggets from the week
The big numbers from this week's news visualised
A selection of the best news photos around the world this week
How to make it as a cinematographer
- Kenya bus killings claimed by Somali group al-Shabab
- Supermarkets to hide tabloid front pages because of sexual content concerns
- Knightsbridge balcony collapse victims named
- 101 and 111 non-emergency numbers 'restored' after fault
- Wheelie bin fire death man named as Darren Robson
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- Is winning 100 caps still a big deal?
- Alan Henning memorial: 'Killed for being selfless'
- Iraq troops battle Islamic State in Ramadi, Anbar province
- Labour: £1bn of UK banking fines should go to NHS
Last Updated at 11:07 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|