Pressures in A&E units in England have hit record levels while Wales and Northern Ireland also perform poorly, figures show.
- A&E tracker: How is your A&E coping?
- Why are hospitals under so much pressure?
- Five ways NHS is coping with winter
An off-duty police officer dies and two other men are injured in an assault in Liverpool city centre.
Alastair Cook is replaced by Eoin Morgan as England's one-day captain, less than two months before the World Cup. BBC Sport
Pakistan carries out its first executions since lifting a moratorium on the death penalty in the wake of the Peshawar school massacre.
- Can birds hear a tornado coming?
- Spectacular spire climb filmed02:16
- Girl hears Christmas for first time02:03
- How WW1 led to rise in Spiritualism
- Escape games boom in Budapest03:28
- Shopping online from a country cottage02:34
- New record depth for deepest fish02:17
- Testing Skype's real-time translator02:48
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Iraqi soldiers 'fighting for their lives'02:58
- DIY electronics making home 'smart'02:32
- Top of the 2014 political pops01:36
- Life as a teenager with a parent in prison01:45
- Is UK's oil industry really in crisis?
- Who was Mandy Rice-Davies?01:33
- 'Easy to hack companies like Sony'01:43
- Mourning and rage after school attack03:04
Find the country that matches your drinking habits
The BBC profiles victims of the Taliban school massacre
Inside Iraq air base as Islamic State closes in
How is your local A&E coping with winter pressures?
Do you remember who said what from 2014?
The bus that deals with drunk people on the worst days of the year
Reflections on Stephen Colbert’s legacy
The tradition that only got going in the 1960s
Family photo reveals 2014's hot gadget in use in 1920s
Siberian bailiffs seize cats over tax arrears - and more curious tales
- Off-duty PC Neil Doyle 'may have been recognised'
- Instagram deletes millions of accounts in spam purge
- FBI blames North Korea for Sony hack
- Pakistan resumes executions after Peshawar school attack
- Hereford United is wound up by High Court over tax debt
- Mohammed Rafiq, 80, jailed for acid revenge attack on teen ex
- A&E has 'worst week' in England
- 'Sextortion' suspects deny involvement in Daniel Perry case
- Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality?
- Profumo affair's Mandy Rice-Davies dies at the age of 70
Last Updated at 13:07 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7734.57||Up||26.12||0.34%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Why didn't Christianity die out in the 1st Century?