Violent crime is continuing a long-term fall in England and Wales, according to annual figures from NHS hospitals.
- UK 'becoming a more peaceful place'
- Did removing lead from petrol spark fall in crime?
- Violent deaths fall to record low
- Violence injuries 'down 14% in 2012'
A woman is arrested after three children are found dead at an address in south London.
Tony Blair warns Western leaders they must put aside their differences with Russia over Ukraine to focus on the threat of Islamic extremism.
Campaigners urge pharmaceutical giant Roche to lower the cost of a pioneering breast cancer drug as the NHS prepares to rejects its use on price grounds.
- Ukraine family's hopes for a normal life02:40
- Money on wheels: Banking goes mobile 01:27
- Hands-on with Microsoft's Cortana03:30
- Led Zeppelin's unheard work04:14
- 'I tried to save people' - Ferry survivor01:09
- Navy-obsessed China man's model carrier02:23
- Why Palestinians love St George02:15
- Return of 'bedroom' programming02:02
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- DJ Duke: Will and Kate hit the decks00:58
- Scotland: The Bard and the border02:31
- 'Mumbly' Jamaica Inn sparks complaints01:30
- Dancer death prompts Rio clashes00:56
- Page on Led Zeppelin song finds04:23
- Obama visits mudslide survivors01:24
- Al-Jazeera trial sees video evidence 03:34
- Fans worldwide react to Moyes' sacking02:15
What links this Travelodge and the Bard?
The ways tattoos can get you into trouble
Enter the world of the super-tutor
Why St George is a hero on the West Bank
Meet the Brazilian pensioners who live for the big wave
The old technology bringing your bank branch to you
How South Africa is learning to live with mixed-race couples
Can voting bring respect to India's transgender people?
How does the ex-Man Utd boss rank in club records?
- Three children found dead in London
- TV actor cleared of raping teenager
- The ways tattoos can get you into trouble
- 'Irresponsible' holiday ad banned
- Mystery of 'ocean quacks' solved
- UK non-Christian claims 'absurd'
- Jamaica Inn hit by 'sound issues'
- Dancer's death sparks Rio clashes
- Blair warns West over radical Islam
- Adams 'gave IRA bomb orders' - claim
Last Updated at 05:11 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6976.08||Up||11.85||0.17%|