The slaughter of 28 people on a bus in Kenya is an attempt to start a religious war, an adviser to President Uhuru Kenyatta tells the BBC.
- Who are Somalia's al-Shabab?
- Crackdown on Mombasa mosques
- My SMS relationship with al-Shabab
- Al-Shabab's media machine
Two Polish men who died after a balcony collapsed in west London on Friday are named as Tomasz Procko, 22, and Karol Szymanski, 29.
Despite saying her own lyrics were turned down, the singer says the project is "from a place of respectful intent". Newsbeat
- Car chase ends in building collapse00:37
- Scrabble players vie for world champion03:29
- Street pole-dancing in Buenos Aires01:27
- Newspapers 'kept from children's eyes'02:00
- Bike prototype with global interest01:04
- Twitter co-founder defends application04:18
- #BBCtrending: Who is Philly Jesus?02:44
- Parked car brings tram to standstill00:33
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Tributes paid to Alan Henning 01:26
- Ferguson protests inspire local artist02:37
- Flood fears as US snowfall eases01:18
- Dizzy world of aerobatic flying02:55
- Ed Miliband: 'Party of working people'01:57
- NHS staff set off to help fight Ebola02:17
- Ukraine uprising one year on02:45
- Labour calls for NHS investment01:06
Wayne Rooney's got 100 - but is it still a big deal?
The NHS volunteers travelling to Sierra Leone
Heavy drinking, a jealous husband and Under Milk Wood
Are 0% interest credit card deals a good idea?
The blind revolutionary nobody remembers
A French envoy is poisoned - are British diplomats to blame?
Haile Gebrselassie on his move from athletics to the boardroom
Angelina can do Derby accent - and more nuggets from the week
The big numbers from this week's news visualised
A selection of the best news photos around the world this week
How to make it as a cinematographer
- Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabab 'wants religious war'
- Christopher Jefferies: How I was hounded Last updated 10th January 2014
- Tower Hamlets baby 'looked like Auschwitz victim'
- Bin lorry left hanging from pier in South Queensferry
- Pilgrims flock to Goa to see Saint Francis Xavier remains
- Supermarkets to hide tabloid front pages because of sexual content concerns
- 101 and 111 non-emergency numbers restored after fault
- Knightsbridge balcony collapse victims named
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- Seamus Hegarty and Kevin Woods killed in Donegal farming accident
Last Updated at 18:41 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|