General secretary of the Rail Maritime and Transport union Bob Crow dies aged 52 of a suspected heart attack.
- Obituary: Old-school trade unionist
- Bob Crow dies: Tributes to RMT chief
- In pictures: Rail union chief
Military radar suggests the missing Malaysian airliner turned west, away from its planned route, before disappearing, Malaysia's air force says.
The Bank of England must improve its economic forecasting, governor Mark Carney tells MPs, who will later quiz him on what Bank officials knew of alleged foreign exchange rate fixing.
The US secretary of state rejects an offer of talks with President Vladimir Putin over Ukraine until Moscow engages with US proposals on the crisis.
- Boxer Klitschko pelted with eggs00:40
- How elephants react to human voices00:26
- BBC report from Tehran bazaar03:24
- Anglo-Saxon treasures go on display02:06
- Dog dirt detectives in Naples01:42
- Fukushima - three years on03:01
- A jockey's guide to Cheltenham races01:00
- What's it like to study circus?03:30
UK & Local News
Full coverage of this winter's extreme weather which left large parts of the UK under water
Find a representative
- Crimea hospital staff 'held at gunpoint'02:37
- BBC joins search helicopter flight01:03
- Bob Crow interviewed by Jeremy Paxman03:58
- Sol Campbell: Football abuse 'sick'03:23
- Safe space landing for torch mission01:14
- Johansson: 'Not a nudist by nature'02:11
- 'Spying setting fire to internet'01:56
- Malaysia: 'Families want answers'01:03
Why Bob Crow was the one union leader everyone had heard of
Why do massive dam projects so often go wrong?
Are there really 21 million slaves worldwide?
Cheltenham Festival tracks bright future
South African police brutality caught on camera
Why loss and anxiety pose more risk than radiation
The deluge that claimed 240 lives and 5,000 properties
The world of 100% election victories
Meet the New York model who dreams in code
- Missing airliner 'changed course'
- RMT general secretary Bob Crow dies
- What we know about flight MH370
- New-look iPlayer unveiled by BBC
- Stolen identity used to give birth
- Co-op boss offers his resignation
- Nation split by 'read and read-nots'
- Transatlantic great white 'pregnant'
- New Zealand to vote on flag change
- Do massive dams ever make sense?
Last Updated at 09:44 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6889.84||Up||10.76||0.16%|