Britain will not work with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the battle against Islamic State extremists, Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond says.
- Dozens killed in Iraq mosque attack
- What do we know of Foley's killer?
- Radicalisation 'failure' by leaders
The UK medicines watchdog is setting up a review to look at the safety of alteplase, a clot-busting drug often used to treat strokes.
A man has been jailed for 33 months after recording Fast And Furious 6 from the back of a cinema in the West Midlands town of Walsall.
- 'I survived Islamic State massacre'03:19
- Debate over police shooting video02:29
- How does stadium 'standing seat' work?00:39
- Meet Gibraltar's monkey evictees02:47
- Behind-the-scenes at MOTD03:47
- Ecclestone 'not scared of anything'01:07
- Victoria Beckham does ice challenge00:16
- Carol Kirkwood in a motorised bathroom02:09
Ex-Cardiff boss Malky Mackay says he is no "racist, sexist, homophobe or anti-Semite" after sending offensive text messages.
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Blast off for Europe's sat-nav satellites02:28
- Obama refuses ice bucket challenge 01:13
- Apology over 'banter' statement01:54
- Renewed grief for Malaysia over MH1702:02
- On the front line against IS fighters02:09
- US Ebola doctor 'thrilled to be alive'03:05
- Riot police guard Paris synagogues02:40
- Gulnara treated 'worse than dog' 02:11
Why 'banter' is experiencing a backlash
Can social media help keep Scotland in the Union?
What are the main reasons men pay for sex?
Gary Lineker on 50 years of Match of the Day BBC Sport
Why was this man refused entry to Dubai?
How Sam Cam's ancestor 'reinvented' walking
The secret recordings of a president's daughter
The 83-year-old still tied to Brazil's Big Island prison
- Fine over flat accessed by crawling
- Tardis toilet appears on cycle path
- Man jailed for filming in cinema
- Men jailed for wife contract killing
- What are the main reasons men pay for sex?
- McAvoy in indyref ice challenge
- The backlash against banter
- MPs to quiz bosses over Cliff raid
- Israel vows response to boy's death
- Anger over Russian convoy in Ukraine
Last Updated at 15:54 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7341.25||Down||-15.17||-0.21%|