The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- NHS five-year plan 'packs a punch'
- The NHS plan: Five things we've learned
- How one hospital copes with change
- Fears raised 'free NHS' will end
- Experts in NHS funding debate call
- Give NHS more cash, say coalition MPs
Police killer Harry Roberts is to be released from prison after more than 45 years, after a decision by the Parole Board.
President Barack Obama expresses cautious optimism about the Ebola situation in the US, as new screening rules are introduced in the country.
Lloyds Banking Group is planning to cut around 9,000 jobs - around a tenth of its entire workforce - over the next three years, the BBC understands.
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'04:57
- Rapist Evans in video statement 02:11
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'01:46
- US: 'Britain will support IS strategy'02:22
- Orphan baby elephant rescued from well00:53
- Loose Women airs last Bellingham show00:29
- Training for safe Ebola burials01:57
- Schools 'should tackle tooth decay'02:01
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Shots fired inside Canada parliament00:51
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
- 'I've been looking forward to getting out'01:25
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
Remembering the swashbuckling Watergate editor Ben Bradlee
The political confrontation in a Hong Kong hair salon
Australian playwright on media baron's rise to power
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
'Things I wish I’d known on day one'
- Police killer Harry Roberts to be freed
- Ottawa shootings: Soldier killed and city on lockdown
- 'Fake' Chelsea footballer jailed for posing as Gael Kakuta
- Warning to wild mushroom pickers
- Grizzly bear captured filming herself after stealing camera
- NHS needs extra cash and overhaul, say bosses
- Drones flown in London and Liverpool despite CAA laws
- Debt campaigners tear up student loans
- Mike Read withdraws UKIP Calypso song
- #BBCtrending: Hong Kong's political haircut
Last Updated at 20:36 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7319.38||Down||-6.38||-0.09%|