President Obama vows to respond to an alleged North Korean cyber-attack on Sony Pictures, but says cancelling a film release was "a mistake".
A 28-year-old man is detained on suspicion of the murder of an off-duty PC who died after being attacked in Liverpool city centre.
Israel launches an air strike on an alleged Hamas site in Gaza, in the first such action since the declaration of a truce in August.
Police arrest the mother of seven of the eight children found dead in a home in Cairns, Australia.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Where children learn fundamentalism02:23
- How web chats can lead to blackmail03:09
- Iraqi soldiers 'fighting for their lives'02:58
- DIY electronics making home 'smart'02:32
- Dalglish describes scenes of mayhem01:40
- Life as a teenager with a parent in prison01:45
- Top of the 2014 political pops01:36
- Is UK's oil industry really in crisis?
Find the country that matches your drinking habits
The BBC profiles victims of the Taliban school massacre
Inside Iraq air base as Islamic State closes in
How is your local A&E coping with winter pressures?
Do you remember who said what from 2014?
The bus that deals with drunk people on the worst days of the year
Reflections on Stephen Colbert’s legacy
The tradition that only got going in the 1960s
Family photo reveals 2014's hot gadget in use in 1920s
Siberian bailiffs seize cats over tax arrears - and more curious tales
- Off-duty PC Neil Doyle murder suspect arrested
- Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality?
- Cairns deaths: Children's mother arrested for murder
- Pakistan resumes executions after Peshawar school attack
- Sony hack: Obama vows response as FBI blames North Korea
- Hereford United is wound up by High Court over tax debt
- Whistleblower reveals how fraud of Booking.com worked
- Asthma and allergy devices 'not used properly'
- Israel launches Gaza air strike on 'Hamas target'
- Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC investigation
Last Updated at 20:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7737.66||Up||29.21||0.38%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Why didn't Christianity die out in the 1st Century?