North Korea urges a joint inquiry with the US into a cyber-attack on Sony that led to the studio cancelling the release of the film The Interview.
Scotland's top prosecutor reaffirms his belief that Abdelbaset al-Megrahi is guilty of killing 270 people in the Lockerbie bombing.
A 28-year-old man is detained on suspicion of the murder of an off-duty PC who died after being attacked in Liverpool city centre.
Alex Salmond calls for England to hold a "peasants' revolt type referendum" on its own constitutional future.
- Cyclist survives fall under lorry00:21
- 'Santas' join torch-lit hunt in woods02:59
- Japan's senior cheerleaders02:42
- Mexico welcomes migrating butterflies00:35
- Sri Lanka cricketer 'missed' tsunami
- Spectacular spire climb filmed02:16
- A tour through Crossrail's tunnels02:21
- Jools Holland on hosting 'huge party'02:45
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- How to predict an avalanche 02:45
- Shoppers get set for 'Panic Saturday'01:28
- Can endangered white rhino be saved?01:48
- Where children learn fundamentalism02:23
- FBI recover stolen artwork worth $12m01:26
- Protests as Xi Jinping visits Macau01:54
- Kashmir widows on living in conflict02:31
- 'Black Friday' with an ambulance crew01:29
Snow is more likely in the UK at Easter than Christmas
How 12 days of Christmas have become 12 pubs - in one night
A sneak peek at how Crossrail is taking shape below London
Refugees in US learn to bundle up and walk on ice
How one woman deals with her mental health at Christmas
Alan Henning's family prepare for 'hard' anniversary
How one bird came to dominate this season
On the seasonal look-out for counterfeit goods
- North Korea seeks joint probe with US on Sony hack
- Lockerbie bombing: Lord Advocate reaffirms Megrahi's guilt
- Alex Salmond calls for English referendum
- Christmas shoppers 'to spend £1.2bn on Panic Saturday'
- Bristol teacher banned after kissing pupil
- Hart in Hampshire remains UK's most desirable place
- Pakistan Taliban: Military 'kills five militants'
- Facebook users crack photo card mystery in under an hour
- The 12 pubs of Christmas
- Off-duty PC Neil Doyle murder suspect arrested
Last Updated at 12:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7737.66||Up||29.21||0.38%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
How WW1 changed the way we bury our war dead