A judge says he is satisfied former chief whip Andrew Mitchell called police officers "plebs" as he rules against the MP in a High Court libel action.
A man wanted in connection with the stabbing to death of a husband and wife in a Surrey village is arrested.
The government is set to miss its immigration targets as net migration to the UK reaches its highest level since the 2010 general election.
The American wife of London financier Sir Chris Hohn, Jamie Cooper-Hohn, is awarded £337m by a High Court judge in a divorce case.
- McBusted: 'Making it up as we go along'07:44
- Crayon craze: Can adults colour-in?02:22
- Faces transformed with digital masks03:22
- If Britain were Syria, who would be left?
- Parrots in Caracas: A city's thriving birds01:21
- Extreme weather and its risk to lives01:13
- Life in the UK as a Romanian migrant02:25
- Obama pardons 'Mac and Cheese'02:27
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a statement on the Smith Commission.
Find a representative
- Hail storm causes chaos in Brisbane01:06
- Is your chicken contaminated?01:40
- Care home boss guilty of sex charges02:18
- 12-year-old shot 'within two seconds'01:44
- 'His best cricket was still ahead of him'04:08
- Drone flight over illegal Essex tip01:15
- The longest-serving political leader in UK04:07
- UKIP new boy heckled in Commons01:33
How one boy’s death triggered Ebola outbreak
How much do you know about migration?
How is the brain injured and protected from injury?
How many people does it take to push a plane?
The story of one victim of paedophile care home boss
How I drank bat blood and urine to survive in the Sahara
Boxing day sales come early to the UK?
Which US state do Americans love to bash?
Woman on subway flouts Iran's dress code
- Andrew Mitchell 'probably called police plebs', judge rules
- Black Friday: Boxing Day sales come early?
- Fetcham double murder: Hunted Viktoras Bruzas arrested
- Jamie Cooper-Hohn wins £337m in High Court divorce case
- Oil prices plunge after Opec meeting
- Supermarket chickens: 70% affected by food bug
- Peter Kay bringing back Phoenix Nights for two live shows
- Bristol sex gangs jailed for grooming girls
- Christopher Jefferies: How I was hounded Last updated 10th January 2014
- Scotland 'should set own income tax', says Smith Commission
Last Updated at 15:37 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7899.16||Up||6.76||0.09%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Drama and archive combine to tell a story of football and WW1 on an experimental BBC website