The UK has been told it must pay an extra £1.7bn (€2.1bn) towards the European Union's budget because the economy has performed better than expected in recent years.
Authorities in Canada release video showing the moments before a lone gunman stormed into Canada's parliament and was shot dead.
Council leaders call for a more "common-sense approach" to term-time holidays.
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Guarding polio workers in Pakistan02:51
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- Joss Stone's Poppy Appeal vigil01:30
- Disabled Students: Off to university03:00
- The tech start-ups trying to get noticed04:11
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:52
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
- Classic comedy episodes rediscovered03:06
- Farmland birds show rapid decline01:40
- Westminster's dog of the year show02:55
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
The undercover cop, his lover, and their son
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Meet the artist who has been blind for 25 years
Why big-eyed droids are cause for concern
Life after university for disabled graduates
How to solve brain-teasers by one of the greatest maths minds
Will Canada continue to cherish its open society?
Last Updated at 03:44 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7367.87||Down||-0.07||-0.00%|