The captain of a South Korean ferry that capsized and sank this week explains after his arrest why he delayed giving evacuation orders.
- Three bodies recovered from ferry01:28
- Was ferry cargo properly secured?01:59
- Video from stricken Korean ferry00:35
- Families wait at port for news01:24
- S Korea ferry captain arrested02:37
- S Korea ferry boss admits 'grave sin'00:23
- Six-year-old rescued from ferry 00:44
- Ferry captain 'sorry and ashamed'00:11
- Amateur video 'from inside tilted ship'02:59
- Aerial video of frantic helicopter rescues01:10
- 'No attempt to use all the life rafts'03:15
- Footage shows panic as boats arrive01:27
The fatal shooting of prominent dissident republican Tommy Crossan is condemned by Northern Ireland's first and deputy first ministers as detectives continue to investigate.
Labour's Tristram Hunt is to issue a tough warning against religious extremism in schools.
The Archbishop of Canterbury speaks of the Church of England's struggle to do "what is right" over the divisive issue of same-sex marriage.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Guides killed in Everest avalanche01:35
- Kate meets Manly Beach life-savers01:32
- Camel birth shocks sheep farmer01:33
- Easter story in a shipping container02:34
- 'Tug of war' Banksy art in museum01:30
- A day in the life of the BBC in Ukraine04:39
- Volcano spews ash forcing evacuation01:01
- How four men can play one piano02:26
Selection of the best news photographs from around the world
Portrait painter Susanne du Toit on being an artist
Will stamps get cheaper if Scots go it alone?
Rhea birds can be extremely dangerous, plus other factlets
The airport that hosted a roll-call of presidents
The 8 tribes of people who keep buying records
A lion on the loose in Llandrindod Wells
What's the story of John Lewis' 150 years of success?
The element that makes a familiar smell when mixed with urine
- Woolwich: The long-feared attack
- ‘Sorry’ ferry captain explains delay
- The Spanish test
- Hunt to warn of schools extremism
- Dissident republican death condemned
- A fifth of gardeners 'throw snails'
- Man killed as pleasure boat capsizes
- Court order halts Brazil match
- Teachers demand qualified status
- Welby talks of gay marriage struggle
Last Updated at 00:18 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6943.56||Down||-0.02||-0.03%|