Auschwitz survivors urge the world not to allow a repeat of the crimes of the Holocaust as they mark 70 years since the death camp's liberation.
- Life in the city of Auschwitz
- UK memorial centre announced
- Auschwitz liberated - interactive video
- Testimony to inhumanity
- Survivors place candles at Auschwitz 01:32
- 'Our past must not be our children's future'01:49
- Wreaths laid at Auschwitz memorial00:40
- Auschwitz survivors revisit camp horror04:04
- Auschwitz survivor's family prayer
- 'Auschwitz I got over, the loss I never did'02:41
- 'I was just a number': Survivor's story03:15
- Man's kindertransport escape to Scotland04:39
- Auschwitz survivor's search for twin03:01
- Aerial video of Auschwitz-Birkenau02:31
- Auschwitz: What about the Romani?01:26
- From Holocaust survivor to pop star04:09
- Living with death on the doorstep04:59
Other Top Stories
Lib Dem MP Tessa Munt resigns as a parliamentary aide to Business Secretary Vince Cable after voting against the government on fracking,
Militants attack a hotel in the Libyan capital Tripoli, killing at least nine people including five foreigners, officials say.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, as MPs debate corporation tax in Northern Ireland.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Child soldiers freed from life of war02:14
- Up close: Britain's longest train02:25
- Survivors gather for Auschwitz ceremony01:16
- Meet the Costa Book of the Year winner03:22
- Cars brought off salvaged Solent ship01:31
- Where is NY 'snowmageddon'?02:08
- Footage shows top Libya hotel attack01:29
- Splashdown as plane runs out of fuel00:59
Which presents can cause offence?
Charting snow depth in the US - using six dogs
Five ways to survive sharing a bedroom with strangers
The German woman who swapped home for a mountain cave
100 days to go - how are the parties faring?
Why one protester's death went big on social media
What does it take to join the wealthy elite?
Hindus turn to the internet for prayers - and more tales
- US snow: National Weather Service admits forecast error
- As it happened - huge US snowstorm
- Winchester earthquake: Tremor felt in Hampshire
- Stone Roses' Ian Brown 'shown gay porn by Fred Talbot'
- The perils of 'taboo' gifts
- Nicola Payne death: Two charged with 1991 murder and abduction
- Auschwitz 70th anniversary: Survivors warn of new crimes
- Lib Dem Tessa Munt quits as Vince Cable aide over fracking
- Litvinenko 'poisoned by Russian mafia state,' family's lawyer claims
- Libya hotel attack: Five foreigners among nine killed
Last Updated at 17:55 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7902.79||Down||-145.77||-1.81%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Is remembering genocide always easy or straightforward?