Spending on care for people aged 65 and over has fallen by a fifth in England over the last 10 years, an analysis by the BBC shows.
- Care calculator: Find out your costs
- How system works across the UK
- Nick Triggle: Is the care cap as good as it seems?
- Rising social care cost concerns
Tesco recalls its blackcurrant and apple squash drink after accidentally adding a flavouring with a "strong odour" similar to garlic.
Bank of England governor Mark Carney has warned the current structure of the eurozone puts it in an "odd position".
Wintry weather is causing hazardous conditions across many roads in Scotland after the evening rush hour escaped major disruption.
- What will news look like in 10 years?13:31
- Video diary: Search for a care home03:21
- How jet stream is bringing snow to UK00:55
- 'Zombie cat' spent days underground00:23
- New responder saves newborn baby01:52
- Nip and chip: How beavers change rivers 03:14
- Greece's push for a debt "haircut"01:52
- A day in the life of a care home04:17
UK & Local News
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- City of snipers: BBC goes inside Benghazi03:17
- Fire headcam shows home alone rescue00:54
- Inside Tripoli's battle-ravaged airport01:13
- Doubt over serial killer conviction02:32
- Tanks found in Brazil warehouse01:02
- Beavers allowed to stay in wild02:15
- Female UK jihadists 'recruited online'01:45
- Icy blizzard brings Boston to halt01:40
Use our calculator to find out the costs you may face
What will the news be like in the next decade?
Libya's perilously thin semblance of normality
Why Stephen Daldry swapped ballet pumps for Brazilian favelas in his latest film
What Saudis really think about Michelle Obama's bare head
Why can't we let go of our old tech?
The village that has just got its first fridge
How pallbearers almost dropped Churchill's coffin
How a Nazi doctor experimented on identical siblings
- Tesco recalls 'foul smelling' blackcurrant and apple squash
- Snow causing 'hazardous conditions'
- Tesco names 43 UK store closures
- Colin Norris: Juror's doubt over serial killer verdict
- Premier League TV sale should be halted, says Virgin Media
- ‘We nearly dropped Churchill’s coffin’
- Michelle Obama headscarf controversy - do Saudis really care?
- Gary Glitter breaks down in tears over child abuse images
- Ched Evans says 'fresh evidence' over rape conviction
- Eurozone needs to 'share risks', warns Bank governor
Last Updated at 17:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7888.97||Down||-13.82||-0.17%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Would Churchill's depression stop him being PM today?