David Cameron insists the UK will not pay £1.7bn demanded by the EU by 1 December - but Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso says it should not have come as a surprise.
- Why is UK being asked for more cash?
- Hewitt: UK in EU budget row
- Peston: Sex, drugs and the EU budget
Asda, the UK's second largest retailer, is facing a mass legal action over equal pay by women who work in their stores.
Police in New York investigate whether a man who attacked two officers with an axe before being shot dead was linked to Islamist extremism.
Canada's foreign minister tells the BBC there is no evidence so far that the man behind gun attacks in Ottawa was linked to Middle Eastern jihadists.
- Speed racing on city ring-road 01:32
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:56
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Phones off to mark Jewish Sabbath02:34
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
- 'Religion made me a better player'03:08
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Man starts fire at petrol station01:20
- Proton beam therapy: Ashya 'tries to walk'01:50
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:32
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Mums on 'diabolical' holiday fines01:10
- Crossbow bolt shot dog recovering00:55
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
Why do professional sportsmen try trick shots?
Grayson Perry captures the state of the nation
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Could you switch off all your devices for 25 hours?
A journey across a Ukraine wracked by conflict
Gambling board suspended for Vegas trip - and more tales
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Cameron: UK won't pay £1.7bn EU bill next month
- Emma Siswick murder: Jonathan Sutton jailed for at least 28 years
- Heena Solanki used acid to kill herself and her two children
- NY axe attack: Islamist link probed
- Rubber bullets used on Everton 'rioters' in Lille, say police
- Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Millions of Ebola vaccine doses by end of 2015, WHO says
- British woman dies at Thai cosmetic surgery clinic
- Ashya King's family 'not safe for UK return'
- Hen party M62 crash: Lorry driver Kevin Ollerhead cleared over death
Last Updated at 12:49 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7371.03||Up||3.09||0.04%|