Johann Lamont is standing down as leader of the Scottish Labour Party with immediate effect after criticising her Westminster colleagues.
David Cameron insists the UK will not pay £1.7bn demanded by the EU - but Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso says the bill should not have come as a surprise.
The cost of getting a driving licence is being cut following a recent public consultation, the government says.
- Speed racing on city ring-road 01:32
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:56
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Phones off to mark Jewish Sabbath02:34
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
- 'Religion made me a better player'03:08
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Man starts fire at petrol station01:20
- Sargy Mann: 25 years of painting blind04:34
- Proton beam therapy: Ashya 'tries to walk'01:50
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:32
- Briton dead in Syria air strike05:34
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Call to scrap term-time holiday ban02:01
Have Jedis created a new 'religion'?
England's lost football grounds - part II
How to keep the tax man at bay when you pass it on
The hardship posting which may have inspired an English idiom
Paul Merton advises how to make it as a comedian
Picasso Museum in Paris reopens after a five-year renovation
Does a good cause justify little girls using bad language?
Unravelling the flocking habits of starlings
Walk on the Wild Side's bass line cost £17, and more nuggets
The week's big numbers visualised
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Egypt imposes state of emergency in Sinai after attacks
- Cost of driving licence to be cut by up to 32%
- Johann Lamont standing down as Scottish Labour leader
- Ebola crisis: 'Many exposed' to infected Mali girl
- Cameron: UK won't pay £1.7bn EU bill
- Used car buyers 'need more support'
- Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- HS2: Phase two report proposes new station for Crewe
- Shabbat UK: Digital detox call for the Sabbath
- BP and GDF Suez discover new North Sea oil field
Last Updated at 00:13 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7380.67||Up||12.73||0.17%|