Police are responding to three shooting incidents in Ottawa - at a war memorial, inside the nation's parliament and at a shopping centre.
Prime Minister David Cameron tells MPs the "buck stops with me" when it comes to deporting foreign criminals from the UK.
Former Dr Feelgood guitarist Wilko Johnson says he has been "cured" of the terminal pancreatic cancer with which he was diagnosed in 2012.
- Training for safe Ebola burials01:57
- Orphan baby elephant rescued from well00:53
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'02:01
- Loose Women airs last Bellingham show00:29
- Near miss as part of stadium collapses00:30
- Archbishop's sorrow over Dean's abuse02:28
- Duchess awards photography prize02:46
- Watergate reporters' tribute to Ben Bradlee
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
- 'I've been looking forward to getting out'01:25
- Ebola: The doctors risking their lives01:53
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Storm leaves one dead and four hurt01:58
- Oscar Pistorius begins jail sentence03:08
Remembering the swashbuckling Watergate editor Ben Bradlee
The political confrontation in a Hong Kong hair salon
Australian playwright on media baron's rise to power
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
'Things I wish I’d known on day one'
- Shots fired inside Canada parliament
- 'Fake' Chelsea footballer jailed for posing as Gael Kakuta
- Wilko Johnson says he is 'cancer-free'
- Sweden could use force against suspected foreign sub
- Gerry Adams says IRA 'let down' sex abuse victims
- How safe is mouldy food to eat?
- Lynda Bellingham's last TV interview aired on Loose Women
- Mike Read withdraws UKIP Calypso song
- Moscow Total plane crash snowplough driver 'got lost'
- Sex-risk children 'let down by Sheffield police'
Last Updated at 12:33 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7336.50||Up||59.63||0.82%|