President Obama defends the use of drones as a "just war" of self-defence against deadly militants, and a campaign that has made America safer.
Three people are rescued after part of a US road bridge on the main route between Seattle and Vancouver collapsed into a river in Washington state.
- Burning US railway bridge collapses00:32
- Obama heckled over Guantanamo Bay01:30
- Iran election campaign under way01:49
- Second jewel theft at Cannes festival01:27
- UN brigade to 'enforce peace' in Congo02:30
- Schools set alight in Stockholm violence 01:39
- 80-year-old claims new Everest record02:18
- Black bear roams Los Angeles suburb00:51
Other Top Stories
A strong earthquake strikes off the Kamchatka peninsula in Russia's far east, but an initial tsunami warning issued by the authorities is lifted.
The Boy Scouts of America organisation votes to accept openly gay scouts, after a divisive campaign pitting liberals against some religious groups.
South African rapper determined to prove Afrikaans is "cool"
The English phrases readers love to hear spoken by the French
Obama brings drone programme out of the shadows - but just a bit
Muslim leaders take trip to Nazi concentration camps
How German football reinvented itself BBC Sport
The search for continental unity, 50 years on
India cricket fans distraught over IPL fixing claims
- Emergency runway closure at Heathrow
- Higher IQ link to good concentration
- US road bridge 'falls into river'
- Stockholm riots spread around city
- Dog years: The calculator
- The words that could unlock your child
- Talent show mum in benefit fraud
- Powerful quake off Russia east coast
- Woolwich attack 'hard to prevent'
- The uneven charm of Rome's cobblestones