Police investigate what caused a bin lorry to veer out of control in Glasgow's busy city centre, killing six and injuring eight others.
Sydney remembers the victims of the Lindt cafe siege, with the funeral of manager Tori Johnson and a memorial service for barrister Katrina Dawson.
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by a white police officer in Milwaukee is to be reviewed after a prosecutor decides not to press charges.
- Belgian PM in mayonnaise attack00:25
- Treasure hunter reveals ancient find01:46
- Joe Cocker's famous Woodstock set00:34
- Rural shoppers boost online figures02:40
- Lost seal rescued 20 miles from coast00:21
- £2m raised after dogs' home fire02:31
- Men sentenced for 'lunatic' driving02:44
- The history of Christmas crackers03:02
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- The US veterans revisiting the frontline05:49
- Paul McCartney pays tribute to Joe Cocker01:05
- How Glasgow bin lorry crash unfolded01:56
- NI parties edging towards deal02:11
- Yazidi women tell of sex-slavery trauma04:02
- Now and then: Boxing Day tsunami region01:28
- Airbus to deliver first A350 XWBs02:02
- Floods spark retail park chaos01:55
The day the Pintupi Nine entered the modern world
The people who prefer to be alone on 25 Dec
What were the biggest 'fails' of 2014?
Dustin Hoffman and Judi Dench on age, romance and tortoises
Meal planning for a daughter who never feels full
The US troops who go back as part of PTSD treatment
Forming bonds with one of our most feared predators
The agents fighting online jihadists
Is change coming to Pakistan after the school massacre?
- Glasgow police investigate George Square fatal bin lorry crash
- E-readers 'damage sleep and health,' doctors warn
- North Korea partially back online after internet collapse
- France attack: Van driven into shoppers in Nantes
- Sydney cafe siege: City bids farewell to victims
- Singer Joe Cocker dies aged 70 after cancer battle
- Newspaper headlines: Glasgow bin lorry crash and Labour's Clegg 'plot'
- Tackle loneliness to curb A&E pressures - NHS says
- Milwaukee shooting: Federal probe for Dontre Hamilton death
- Quiz of the year pt 3: 2014's biggest 'fails'
Last Updated at 00:18 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7800.40||Up||6.78||0.09%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Life in the makeshift metropolis of the Western Front