South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is sentenced to five years in jail for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- Reaction to sentence
- Five-year sport ban
- The rise and fall of Pistorius
- What the witnesses said
- Special report: Pistorius trial
The head of an inquiry into historical sex abuse, Fiona Woolf, says she wants to "lay to rest" speculation over her links with Lord Brittan after disclosing she dined with the former home secretary.
Government borrowing rises in September to £11.8bn, which will limit the government's options in the run-up to next year's election economists say.
- Man falls 60 feet into Alps crevasse01:50
- Doctor on sister's Ebola death01:53
- Kellie: My brothers don't accept me01:54
- New smart glasses 'look to rival Google'02:01
- UKIP Calypso 'made my ears vomit'02:37
- Halal lipstick launches in India01:55
- Donetsk rocked by chemical plant blast01:09
- European and UK police join forces02:02
Paralympic chiefs say Oscar Pistorius cannot compete in IPC events for five years after he is jailed for killing Reeva Steenkamp.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Tuesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Pregnant Kate appears in public01:40
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Woman dies after being hit by tree01:41
- Pistorius sentenced to five years03:00
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex01:18
- Paralysed man walks after cell surgery01:48
- Pooley's parents support his return04:55
- British medics head to Sierra Leone02:49
What happened to the kids from 1970s experimental schools?
The project that enabled a paralysed man to walk again
Was this man the world's greatest puzzle master?
A deafblind student on life away from home
How racing the Tube went global
The photographer who snapped Gandalf and Jean-Luc Picard
Life and work of US fashion designer Oscar de la Renta
New drama five years after start of eurozone crisis
David Attenborough's new series on the journey through life
How does a town that voted Yes in Scottish referendum feel now?
BBC to host day of events focusing on the power of women
- Oscar Pistorius given five years for Reeva Steenkamp death
- Hurricane Gonzalo: Woman hit by tree in London dies
- Cannabis lamps used by football club on Rochdale pitch
- As it happened: Tail-end of Hurricane Gonzalo hits UK
- Thailand murder suspects retract confessions
- Banksy's new Bristol work, Pierced Eardrum, vandalised
- Paralysed man walks again after cell transplant
- Portsmouth mystery clown 'disturbing' people in streets
- 'Criminal negligence' behind death of Total boss
- The anarchic experimental schools of the 1970s
Last Updated at 11:04 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7253.18||Up||72.94||1.02%|