Insurance companies are to be banned from covering the cost of terrorist ransoms under a raft of measures being unveiled by the home secretary.
- How serious is IS threat to the UK?
- Can UK stop jihadists coming home?
- How the battle against IS is being fought online
- Kidnap ransoms 'fuelling terrorism'
Nurses, midwives, ambulance staff and other NHS workers are staging a four-hour strike over pay.
Royal Bank of Scotland apologised for giving incorrect evidence to a parliamentary hearing, letters released by the Treasury Committee reveal.
- Sold and beaten: India's slave brides02:52
- Knox-Johnston 'not abandoning sailing'03:26
- Bonneville: Bears, Obamas and the BBC05:52
- Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory'03:13
- Travelling through the Ebola heartland03:26
- Iraq village caught between two sides02:33
- Living in a box to learn about autism03:51
- England's blind cricket World Cup bid01:54
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- US police kill boy carrying fake gun01:17
- First Italian woman arrives at ISS02:02
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain00:46
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- UK men join Syria fight against IS01:40
- Charing Cross reopens after train fire00:30
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- 'Stop radicalisation before it happens'03:33
How health warnings are changing cigarette packet design
The couple who helped Tesco change the way many of us shop
Have any prices fallen faster than singles?
One woman's journey from a village to death in the big city
Mary J Blige adopts a new musical home
Why one Irish-American comedian is trying stand-up in Beijing
Hopes pinned on Ebola clinical trials in Guinea
The dangers faced by interfaith Egyptian couples
F1 world champion's second title in number and pop-rap lyrics BBC Sport
On a journey charting the impact of the disease
- Cleveland police kill boy, 12, carrying a replica gun
- Ransom ban among new anti-terror measures
- The couple who helped transform the way we shop
- Shrien Dewani trial: Judge to consider if case should be dismissed
- Rurik Jutting found fit to stand trial for HK murders
- Mother charged for abandoning baby in drain in Sydney
- Supermarket price war blamed for food producers folding
- Google case over online abuse to begin in High Court
- Newspaper headlines: "Scrapped migration targets" and jihadist attack threat
- NHS staff stage four-hour strike
Last Updated at 03:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|