Jordan vows to do all it can to secure the release of a pilot captured by IS, after a video appears to show the beheading of a Japanese hostage.
All children in England will need to know up to their 12 times table when they leave primary school under plans announced by the education secretary.
Live TV, text and radio, plus highlights, pictures and social media, as Andy Murray bids to win his first Australian Open final.
Boko Haram Islamist militants launch a fresh assault on the strategically important Nigerian city of Maiduguri, eyewitnesses say.
Greek PM Alexis Tsipras seeks to repair relations with creditors, amid fears of a showdown over Greece's efforts to roll back austerity measures.
- Tamsin Greig on 'posh' actors 01:00
- Music's role in surviving Holocaust03:05
- Drone no-fly zones and other tech news01:47
- Bluffer's guide to the Super Bowl
- Guitar 'that changed world' up for auction01:51
- Trampolining fitness craze takes off02:41
- Travel gadget to warm your soles
- Tattoo expo: What is 'body modification'?01:00
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including a debate on the Iraq Inquiry.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Hong Kong protesters return to streets02:04
- Balloonists in sea landing off Mexico01:31
- Mosques open doors to 'ease tensions'01:01
- Fleeing the shelling in eastern Ukraine01:46
- Geraldine McEwan's award-winning career01:20
- Bollywood star 'succumbed' to twitter02:57
- Helicopter rescue for trapped dog00:55
- Venice comes alive for Carnival01:04
The man who saved thousands of Jews then disappeared
Playpens to drones - new ideas to reduce deaths by drowning
Great long reads to enjoy at your leisure
What could you buy for the cost of a Super Bowl ad?
Does technology make people touch each other less?
Round-up of social media trends around the world this week
The week's big numbers, visualised
Research leader defends three-person babies
Readers' photos on the theme of "city skylines"
The great Kuwaiti cat-meat scandal
- Jordan vow after IS beheading of Japan hostage Goto
- Phoenix Nights's Ted Robbins 'stable' after onstage collapse
- Nicky Morgan announces 'war on illiteracy and innumeracy'
- Phoenix Nights's Ted Robbins 'doing well' after onstage collapse
- Man scattering ashes at Trebarwith Strand swept out to sea
- Whitney Houston's daughter 'found unresponsive' in bath
- Newspaper review: Innumeracy war, and the 'four-year-old rapist'
- New Boko Haram attack on Nigerian city of Maiduguri
- Greece economy: PM Tsipras seeks to placate creditors
- General election 2015: Labour promises 'no PM pictures'
Last Updated at 07:10 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7892.39||Down||-66.60||-0.84%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Gillian Anderson explores the idea that we are becoming part of an ‘infosphere’.