President Vladimir Putin seeks to ease fears over Russia's economy, insisting that the dramatic fall in the rouble will stabilise.
- Russians fear return to 1998 crisis
- Peston: Russia's fast track to ruin
- Falling oil prices: Winners and losers
- How Putin recreated country of his youth
Detectives are investigating three alleged murders at locations including military establishments as part of a child abuse inquiry, police say.
Hollywood stars say Sony's cancellation of The Interview, a comedy film about a plot to kill North Korea's leader, is a "victory" for hackers who threatened cinemas.
The UK cannot block non-EU family members coming to the county from Europe without a travel permit, European judges say.
- 'Walking' again after 10 years
- Returning to football after coming out
- Talking Movies' top 10 films of 201404:02
- Glitter woes for Royal Mail sorters01:28
- Chester player takes the biscuit00:35
- 'Buddhist bug' art explores difference02:36
- Festive park shuts permanently01:53
- Visiting the doctor via the internet02:49
UK & Local News
Live coverage of the Commons, including an urgent questions on A&E performance
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- 'Three boys died before my eyes'01:55
- Why energy use is falling in the UK02:02
- Has the high street got worse?04:05
- Newsnight's take on big themes of 201503:54
- Sony 'forced' to bow to film hackers02:02
- 'Ice pancakes' form on River Dee00:29
- Reactions to thaw in Cuba-US ties01:30
- 'Shock and disbelief' in Peshawar02:57
The 46 children who made it to an unlikely nativity
The buildings that would once have been impossible
A handy self-portrait device or a narcissistic vanity tool?
The ordinary Russians who have gone on crusade in Ukraine
The boats of guns floating around the Indian Ocean
Cuba's relationship with the US in 16 images
Those who plan to spend the day working rather than celebrating
Seven more marathon penalty shootouts BBC Sport
Making a Christmas special 'special'
Brit boozer goes dark in Los Angeles
- Scottish Parliament 18 December 2014
- North Sea oil industry 'close to collapse'
- Putin seeks to ease fears over Russian economic crisis
- The Interview: Dismay at Sony film cancellation
- WW1 Christmas truce marked in army football teams match
- Obesity 'could be a disability' - EU courts rule
- Child abuse inquiry: Police investigate three alleged murders
- European court gives UK visa direction
- New domestic abuse law on controlling behaviour unveiled
- Boko Haram unrest: Nigerian militants 'kidnap 100 villagers'
Last Updated at 07:31 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7582.80||Up||27.61||0.37%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
What's the hidden code that makes modern life possible?