The UK economy grew 0.8% in the second quarter and has now recovered the ground lost since the downturn began in 2008, according to official figures.
The mother of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular has pleaded guilty to killing her son in Edinburgh in January.
Efforts to secure a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas are intensifying as the death toll in the 18-day-old conflict passes 800.
Ed Miliband hits back at critics of his image and leadership style, insisting voters want "big ideas" not photo opportunities.
- Kenny's double shock for sprint rival03:24
- Halsall through with Games record01:33
- Boxer to compete in fourth fight... ever
- No OAPs allowed: New spin on bowls02:09
- Wiggins 'done with cut-throat road'05:02
- Murdoch stuns Jamieson in pool02:28
- Double hoop blunder for England gymnast00:34
- 'Unusual' table tennis celebrations01:15
- Sisters win gold... one after other02:46
- Miley earns gold after stunning swim03:10
- Australia deny Wiggins pursuit gold03:16
- 'Historic' Welsh silver in gymnastics02:14
- Netball referee's time error01:31
- Davis triumphs in women's judo -57kg 01:24
- England beat Trinidad & Tobago03:35
- England scoops first gold of Glasgow 201400:35
- Jedi returns: Hamill on new Star Wars03:13
- BBC inside 'dead' Ukraine city01:44
- Why mother left son, aged six, behind02:34
- The practice of yoga on a paddleboard02:48
- Waking a sleeping giant... grandma01:22
- BBC exclusive with Hamas leader03:01
- Black Cultural Archives 'magnificent'01:45
- Water ATMs bring clean water to Delhi01:54
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- 'Flying' car destroys upstairs wall00:39
- 'Fluffy' dinosaur theory sparks debate01:28
- Liverpool crowds greet giant puppets 01:16
- Wreckage of Algeria plane found02:00
- BBC at unguarded MH17 crash site02:38
- West Bank Gaza protests turn deadly00:56
- Secrets of royal childhoods revealed 02:11
- Pope meets Sudan 'apostasy' woman01:30
The ship that totally failed to change the world
Five famous Scots who can't vote in the Scottish referendum
Why the ever rising pound is not all good news
Which city serves the strongest cup of coffee?
The enigmatic Frenchman behind Liverpool's 25ft grandmother
What do the Scottish gifts given to Games medallists symbolise?
How odd is it for three planes to crash in eight days?
Five people talk about their roles in Tennessee's execution debate
How crockery changed the world
The country where a writer accused of blasphemy must hide
- Tulisa guilty of festival assault
- The ship that totally failed to change the world
- Mother admits Mikaeel Kular killing
- Miliband: I can't beat PM on image
- Five famous Scots with no vote
- Quiz of the week's news
- McDonald's halts nuggets sales in HK
- 'No survivors' in Air Algerie crash
- Dana brother cleared of two assaults
- UK economy back at pre-crisis level
Last Updated at 09:38 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7193.71||Down||-12.99||-0.18%|