Australian al-Jazeera and ex-BBC journalist Peter Greste is deported from Egypt after 400 days in prison and later arrives to Cyprus.
A woman who set up a fundraising page for a man who was mugged outside his home meets the victim as donations top £250,000.
All children in England will be expected to know up to their 12 times table when they leave primary school under plans announced by the education secretary.
Dougie Freedman is named Nottingham Forest manager after the club sack Stuart Pearce following a run of six defeats in seven games. BBC Sport
- Tamsin Greig on 'posh' actors 01:00
- Music's role in surviving Holocaust03:05
- Drone no-fly zones and other tech news01:47
- Bluffer's guide to the Super Bowl
- Bollywood star 'succumbed' to twitter02:57
- Guitar 'that changed world' up for auction01:51
- Trampolining fitness craze takes off02:41
- Travel gadget to warm your soles
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including a debate on the Iraq Inquiry.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Journalist Peter Greste's Egypt ordeal02:27
- Mugging victim 'didn't expect generosity'01:54
- Building collapses in Texas demolition00:51
- Murray will 'try to go one better' in 201604:02
- Balloonists in sea landing off Mexico01:31
- Hong Kong protesters return to streets02:04
- Mosques open doors to 'ease tensions'01:01
- Whitney Houston's daughter in hospital01:13
The man who saved thousands of Jews then disappeared
Playpens to drones - new ideas to reduce deaths by drowning
Great long reads to enjoy at your leisure
Round-up of social media trends around the world this week
How much do you know about this year's Super Bowl? Newsbeat
The week's big numbers, visualised
Does technology make people touch each other less?
The great Kuwaiti cat-meat scandal
Research leader defends three-person babies
Readers' photos on the theme of "city skylines"
- US boy, three, shoots both parents in New Mexico
- Alan Barnes: Fundraiser Katie Cutler meets mugging victim
- Jordan vow after IS beheading of Japan hostage Goto
- Man scattering ashes at Trebarwith Strand swept out to sea
- Men arrested over Old Firm game
- Phoenix Nights's Ted Robbins 'doing well' after onstage collapse
- Peter Greste: Al-Jazeera journalist freed by Egypt
- Obama plans tax on US firms overseas to fix roads at home
- Bobbi Kristina Brown: Whitney Houston daughter's condition unknown
- Nicky Morgan announces 'war on illiteracy and innumeracy'
Last Updated at 16:06 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7892.39||Down||-66.60||-0.84%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Gillian Anderson explores the idea that we are becoming part of an ‘infosphere’.