President Obama vows to respond to an alleged North Korean cyber-attack on Sony Pictures, but says cancelling a film release was "a mistake".
Police arrest the mother of seven of the eight children found dead in a home in Cairns, Australia.
An off-duty police officer dies and two other men are injured in an assault in Liverpool city centre.
Alastair Cook is replaced by Eoin Morgan as England's one-day captain, less than two months before the World Cup. BBC Sport
- Can birds hear a tornado coming?
- Spectacular spire climb filmed02:16
- Girl hears Christmas for first time02:03
- How WW1 led to rise in Spiritualism
- Escape games boom in Budapest03:28
- Shopping online from a country cottage02:34
- New record depth for deepest fish02:17
- Testing Skype's real-time translator02:48
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Iraqi soldiers 'fighting for their lives'02:58
- DIY electronics making home 'smart'02:32
- Dalglish describes scenes of mayhem01:40
- Top of the 2014 political pops01:36
- Life as a teenager with a parent in prison01:45
- Is UK's oil industry really in crisis?
- Who was Mandy Rice-Davies?01:33
- 'Easy to hack companies like Sony'01:43
Find the country that matches your drinking habits
The BBC profiles victims of the Taliban school massacre
Inside Iraq air base as Islamic State closes in
How is your local A&E coping with winter pressures?
Do you remember who said what from 2014?
The bus that deals with drunk people on the worst days of the year
Reflections on Stephen Colbert’s legacy
The tradition that only got going in the 1960s
Family photo reveals 2014's hot gadget in use in 1920s
Siberian bailiffs seize cats over tax arrears - and more curious tales
- Hereford United is wound up by High Court over tax debt
- Sony hack: Obama vows response as FBI blames North Korea
- Off-duty PC Neil Doyle 'may have been recognised'
- Pakistan resumes executions after Peshawar school attack
- A&E has 'worst week' in England
- Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC investigation
- Quiz of the year pt 1: Who said that?
- 'Sextortion' suspects deny involvement in Daniel Perry case
- Stem cell scandal scientist Haruko Obokata resigns
- Profumo affair's Mandy Rice-Davies dies at the age of 70
Last Updated at 17:54 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7737.66||Up||29.21||0.38%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Why didn't Christianity die out in the 1st Century?