Scotland votes to stay in the United Kingdom and First Minister Alex Salmond accepts defeat but calls for pledge of more devolved powers to be honoured.
- Scotland vote: What happens now?
- Pound surges on Scottish 'No' vote
- Results in detail
- How the No side won
- No vote relief for many countries
- At-a-glance: Referendum night
Video, audio and text coverage as Scotland votes against independence and instead remains part of the United Kingdom.
- David Cameron: 'I am delighted'01:40
- No campaign secures victory01:22
- Salmond admits defeat in referendum01:04
- Darling: 'Unity chosen over division'05:11
- Sturgeon 'deeply disappointed'01:27
- Glasgow votes Yes to independence01:22
- Edinburgh rejects independence01:30
- Indyref highlights in three minutes02:59
Other Top Stories
President Obama says Congress's backing for his $500m plan to aid moderate Syrian rebels shows that the US is united against Islamic State.
A new video is released showing a British man, identified as journalist John Cantlie, believed to be held hostage by Islamic State militants.
- Survivor on Lagos hostel collapse02:39
- Archbishop of Canterbury: 'I doubt'01:33
- Turner and Constable face-off in London02:26
- Assange: 'It is a difficult situation'03:34
- Why are there so many blackberries?02:36
- Sumner on 'shock' of Ian Curtis death02:27
- 'Far-right backlash' to Islamic extremism01:26
- Jeremy Vine's guide to Scotland vote01:21
UK & Local News
Tory MP John Baron asks an urgent question on the government's response to Islamic State.
Find a representative
Just what exactly does the term Freudian mean?
How real is the Riot Club?
The man with 26 children who's preaching birth control
Mystery over tourist killings continues to baffle Thailand police
Which animal fought a valiant battle against an escalator?
Is the American Dream alive in Palm Springs?
Why the chance of seeing an Alpine ibex has halved in 20 years
Opening night for Shakespeare theatre... in Gdansk
- Syrian army 'at war with IS extremists'03:36
- Ambulance death woman 'let down'03:27
- BBC team attacked in southern Russia 02:01
- 'Home of golf' accepts women members01:07
- Alice suspect is convicted murderer01:44
- Thousands tricked by Pyramid scam ladies02:55
- Alibaba to list on NY stock exchange02:04
- Campaign leaders cast their votes01:05
- Scotland votes 'No' - BBC
- Referendum: Sterling up in Asia
- Abuse aimed at Andy Murray 'vile'
- Eight dead in Florida mass shooting
- How the No side won
- Scotland votes 'No': What happens now?
- Harry Styles caught short in LA
- Cameron 'delighted' by Scotland vote
- What changes after Scottish 'No' vote?
- 'Electoral fraud' in Glasgow probed
Last Updated at 02:50 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7457.44||Down||-27.81||-0.37%|