David Cameron insists the UK will not pay £1.7bn demanded by the European Union by 1 December, condemning it as "appalling".
- Why is UK being asked for more cash?
- Hewitt: UK in EU budget row
- Peston: Sex, drugs and the EU budget
Asda, the UK's second largest retailer, is facing a mass legal action over equal pay by women who work in their stores.
The economy expanded at a slower pace in in the three months to 30 September following a 0.9% rise in the second quarter, the ONS said.
The Metropolitan Police is to pay £425,000 to a woman whose child was fathered by a man she did not know was an undercover police officer.
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:56
- Phones off to mark Jewish Sabbath02:34
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
- Could amputees re-grow lost limbs?03:06
- Too many train announcements?03:18
- 'Religion made me a better player'03:08
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- Proton therapy: Ashya 'tries to walk'01:50
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:52
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Mums on 'diabolical' holiday fines01:10
- Crossbow bolt shot dog recovering00:55
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
Why do professional sportsmen try trick shots?
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Could you switch off all your devices for 25 hours?
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Leicester's Golden Mile lights up for Diwali celebrations
A journey across a Ukraine wracked by conflict
How to solve brain-teasers by one of the greatest maths minds
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Cameron: UK won't pay £1.7bn EU bill next month
- British woman dies at Thai cosmetic surgery clinic
- Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Met pays £425,000 to mother of undercover policeman's child
- Millions of Ebola vaccine doses by end of 2015
- Liverpool rape: Boy, 12, and girl, 15 among 11 people arrested
- Firefighters to strike for four days over pensions row
- Shabbat UK: Digital detox call for the Sabbath
- Rubber bullets used on Everton 'rioters' in Lille, say police
- NY axe attack: Islamist link probed
Last Updated at 10:38 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7368.07||Up||0.13||0.00%|