A video is released online purporting to show the beheading by Islamic State militants of Japanese hostage Kenji Goto.
- Japan wakes up to bad news
- Profile: Kenji Goto
- #IamKenji: Fighting IS with a hashtag
- The rise of IS - and how to beat it
Actress Geraldine McEwan, known for playing Agatha Christie sleuth Miss Marple on ITV, has died aged 82, her family says.
Live text and Test Match Special coverage as England's James Anderson takes two wickets in the tri-series final against Australia.
Greek PM Alexis Tsipras seeks to repair relations with creditors, amid fears of a showdown over Greece's efforts to roll back austerity measures.
Phoenix Nights comedian Ted Robbins is in a stable condition in hospital after collapsing on stage during a show at Manchester Arena, the venue says.
- Trampolining fitness craze takes off02:41
- Travel gadget to warm your soles
- I am the underdog - Andy Murray01:47
- Tattoo expo: What is 'body modification'?01:00
- Afghan cricket team's World Cup hopes02:04
- Army's new brigade for 'information age'01:01
- Close-up: Churchill funeral train restored02:08
- 'I lost £18m lottery win by 7 seconds'02:26
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including a debate on the Iraq Inquiry.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Helicopter rescue for trapped dog00:55
- Venice comes alive for Carnival01:04
- NASA launch to study soil moisture01:16
- Footage captures city starling formation00:58
- Guitar 'that changed world' up for auction01:51
- Donations pour in for mugged pensioner01:36
- Dutch reporters film 'gunman' incident01:33
- Cumberbatch: Pardon convicted gay men01:18
The man who saved thousands of Jews then disappeared
Playpens to drones - new ideas to reduce deaths by drowning
Great long reads to enjoy at your leisure
What could you buy for the cost of a Super Bowl ad?
Does technology make people touch each other less?
Round-up of social media trends around the world this week
The week's big numbers, visualised
Research leader defends three-person babies
Readers' photos on the theme of "city skylines"
The great Kuwaiti cat-meat scandal
- Phoenix Nights's Ted Robbins 'stable' after onstage collapse
- Kenji Goto: Video 'shows IS beheading Japan hostage'
- Whitney Houston's daughter 'found unresponsive' in bath
- Actress Geraldine McEwan dies aged 82
- Newspaper review: Innumeracy war, and the 'four-year-old rapist'
- Greece economy: PM Tsipras seeks to placate creditors
- General election 2015: Labour promises 'no PM pictures'
- Missing Samantha Henderson: Body in lake had head and neck injuries
- Ukraine crisis: 'Dozens killed' in east as Minsk talks open
- Islamic State builds links with al-Qaeda lands
Last Updated at 23:05 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7892.39||Down||-66.60||-0.84%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Gillian Anderson explores the idea that we are becoming part of an ‘infosphere’.