The Royal Navy wants to ask American squadrons to fly off its new aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, because of delays to the introduction of Britain’s new F35B fighters, BBC Newsnight learns.
Hundreds demonstrate outside the US embassy in London in protest at the decision not to prosecute a police officer for killing black teenager Michael Brown in Missouri.
A report reveals councils are having to phone around England to find places to accommodate children at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Obama pardons 'Mac and Cheese'02:27
- Tea blender's tongue insured for £1m
- Nun's Like a Virgin hit raises eyebrows01:53
- Magazine for drug users goes on sale02:19
- 'I found rare Shakespeare Folio'01:11
- Can drones get water to stranded Joe?06:00
- Swiss move to ban eating cats and dogs01:01
- Bus offers homeless chance to shower02:07
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Monday in the Commons, including prime minister's questions.
Find a representative
- Drone flight over illegal Essex tip01:15
- 'Positive signs' from Ebola vaccine trial02:20
- UKIP new boy heckled in Commons01:33
- Father's fight to bring autistic son home03:04
- Lee Rigby family on Facebook 'failure'01:22
- 'I'll never stop missing my Breck'00:55
- Has HK protest reached stalemate?06:33
- Vloggers warned over unclear adverts02:44
How sanctions against Russia are hitting UK businesses
Do cricket helmets do enough to protect the head?
Do the sets designed by Lego discourage imagination?
BBC man embraces South Africa's male beauty revolution
How legendary London Lamb chop went airborne
What can be done to break cycle of poor reading and writing skills?
Beijing shop bans Chinese customers - and more tales
- US squadrons 'may use UK carrier' for operations
- Burglars admit attacking lecturer Paul Kohler in London home
- Russia: Passengers 'get out and push' frozen plane
- Newspaper headlines: Scottish devolution, gastric surgery and terror warnings
- US embassy marchers condemn Ferguson shooting
- Elderly people: thousands 'left struggling' at home
- Andy Murray gets engaged to Kim Sears
- Football broadcaster Arthur Montford dies, aged 85
- Scottish devolution: Smith Commission to recommend tax powers
- Twin brothers' baby boys born on same day
Last Updated at 21:49 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7889.56||Down||-2.84||-0.04%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Is it ok to sacrifice one life in order to save many?