Allegations of murder and torture made against British soldiers by Iraqi detainees after a 2004 battle were "deliberate lies", the Al-Sweady Inquiry rules.
Smoking in cars with children will be banned in England, under new laws put forward by the government.
- Newsnight's take on big themes of 201503:54
- Festive park shuts permanently01:53
- Mass tango for Pope's birthday01:00
- 'Bubbly' Santa drives festive cheer01:00
- Hack threat over N Korea movie premiere01:58
- Neighbour's guilt over Crolla attack
- Woman bishop: 'I've been blessed'02:08
- Erasure fan prompts Tube singalong01:38
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday in the Commons, including PMQs and the Al-Sweady statement
Find a representative
- 'Shock and disbelief' in Peshawar02:21
- US navy develops 'fish' robot00:40
- Inside Pakistan attack school 01:55
- Cameron brands rival 'a waste of space'02:09
- New footage shows Sydney cafe raid01:01
- Inside the 'Harry Potter' church01:41
- New rules on 'three person babies'03:22
- Up close with world's largest vessel03:18
An interactive journey through quantum theory
Why is Hollywood under cyber attack?
Is it legal to park at a right angle to the kerb?
Egypt unveils reborn Tutankhamun gallery
How legal worries are impacting decisions on the battlefield
The surprising calm emerging from the rouble crisis
What happened to this deaf couple from 1940?
- Car smoke ban 'to start in October'
- The legal confusion over perpendicular parking
- Website glitch reveals Apprentice finalists
- Pakistan Taliban: Peshawar school attack leaves 141 dead
- What The Apprentice winners did next Last updated 13th March 2013
- Pakistan school attack: PM Sharif vows to end 'terrorism'
- 'New chapter' in US-Cuba ties
- Rules for babies 'from three people'
- Obama hails 'new chapter' in US-Cuba ties
- Philae comet landing 'all a blur'
Last Updated at 16:24 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7573.47||Up||122.35||1.64%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Did pilots have the most dangerous job in WW1?