Senior church figures call on the government to block the creation of so-called three-person babies, but scientists urge MPs to back a law change.
Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to log on today to file a self-assessment tax return and avoid a £100 fine.
Events are held to mark the 50th anniversary of Sir Winston Churchill's funeral, with the boat that carried his coffin repeating its Thames journey.
- Close-up: Churchill funeral train restored02:08
- 'I lost £18m lottery win by 7 seconds'02:26
- 'Russia still a force to be reckoned with'
- Why Taylor Swift's lyrics are protected01:17
- Bedtime vs sporting success? 03:04
- John Humphrys goes to the GP
- An immigrant's struggle to assimilate03:41
- Rantzen: 'Lipman comments insulting'01:16
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including a debate on the Iraq Inquiry.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Video shows fierce battle in Ukraine01:02
- Mother of abused pupil speaks out05:51
- The Tibetan monk with 170 children01:56
- Awaiting return to war-torn Kobane01:26
- Churchill funeral flotilla recreated02:06
- Suge Knight hands himself in 01:38
- More snow forecast for parts of UK 02:05
- Murray on Kim's colourful outburst00:26
Did the soldiers of WW1 have an irrational fear of poison gas?
The remarkable appeal of the Finnish baby boxes
Why do so many people care about a fake dinosaur?
What really goes on in a care home?
French teachers on the front line after Charlie Hebdo attack
See how your local hospital is coping with winter pressures
The country where even the middle classes may love Marx
The politician who names and shames online abusers
Iceland plans new 'golden ratio' temple - and more curious tales
- IS chemical weapons expert killed, says US military
- Student fury over 'impossible' economics exam
- Benedict Cumberbatch in call to pardon convicted gay men
- Churches oppose three-person baby plan
- Midnight deadline looms for tax returns
- Greece's Varoufakis: 'No debt talks with EU-IMF troika'
- Roy Keane 'road rage' incident investigated by police
- Diplomat Sir Peter Hayman 'engaged in sexual perversion'
- Missing Samantha Henderson: Body found in search
- Plebgate row: Andrew Mitchell 'turned down libel settlement'
Last Updated at 19:41 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7892.39||Down||-66.60||-0.84%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Gillian Anderson explores the idea that we are becoming part of an ‘infosphere’.