Tens of thousands of people attend a rally in central Madrid by radical leftists Podemos, as they look to build on Syriza's recent victory in Greece.
Well-wishers donate more than £120,000 in two days to help a disabled pensioner who was mugged outside his Gateshead home.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel rejects any cancellation of Greece's debt, saying banks and creditors have already made substantial cuts.
Clarence House is fraught with rivalries that have led to it being compared to the court of Henry VIII, according to a new biography of the Prince of Wales.
- Trampolining fitness craze takes off02:41
- Travel gadget to warm your soles
- Afghan cricket team's World Cup hopes02:04
- Army's new brigade for 'information age'01:01
- Close-up: Churchill funeral train restored02:08
- 'I lost £18m lottery win by 7 seconds'02:26
- 'Russia still a force to be reckoned with'
- Why Taylor Swift's lyrics are protected01:17
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including a debate on the Iraq Inquiry.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Helicopter rescue for trapped dog00:55
- Donations pour in for mugged pensioner01:34
- Madrid marchers chant for change01:18
- Floods and mudslides hit Peruvian Amazon01:44
- Guitar 'that changed world' up for auction01:51
- Cumberbatch: Pardon convicted gay men01:18
- US record producer hands himself in 01:38
- Video shows fierce battle in Ukraine01:02
Why people who once had good jobs are living in despair
Why Ireland's heroine had sex in her baby son's tomb
Some handy phrases to get you through the Super Bowl Newsbeat
Who smiles more - Dutch babies or US babies?
Do dairy farmers really make a loss on milk?
The highs and lows of the NFL season
A selection of the best news photographs from around the world
Australian writer's mean obituary sparks online fightback
New museum reveals trove of pictures from Spanish Civil War
Waking up in Mexico and heading for classes in Texas
- Alan Barnes: Disabled mugging victim fund reaches £120k in two days
- Spain rally: Podemos holds Madrid mass 'March for Change'
- Prince Charles' household likened to Wolf Hall, biographer claims
- Boy, 17, fatally stabbed in street in Enfield
- Vicar 'sorry' for 9/11 Israel Facebook post
- Greece economy: Merkel rules out more debt relief
- Richey Edwards: Missing Manic's sister on family's struggle
- Ceri Morgan uploaded pornography onto Tesco iPad in Swansea
- Ireland's heroine who had sex in her baby's tomb
- 'Tasers for all front-line officers' - Police Federation
Last Updated at 10:16 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7892.39||Down||-66.60||-0.84%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Gillian Anderson explores the idea that we are becoming part of an ‘infosphere’.