Suspected members of the Somali militant group al-Shabab kill at least 28 people in an attack on a bus in northern Kenya, officials say.
The family of murdered aid worker Alan Henning say they are struggling to comprehend his death, ahead of a memorial service.
At least 14 people are injured in a suspected gas explosion which has led to the evacuation of a central London hotel, ambulance officials say.
- Doll challenges Barbie body shape00:32
- Car chase ends in building collapse00:37
- Scrabble players vie for world champion03:29
- Street pole-dancing in Buenos Aires01:27
- Bike prototype with global interest01:04
- Twitter co-founder defends application04:18
- #BBCtrending: Who is Philly Jesus?02:44
- Parked car brings tram to standstill00:33
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Flood fears as US snowfall eases01:18
- Dizzy world of aerobatic flying02:55
- Ukraine uprising one year on02:45
- NHS staff set off to help fight Ebola01:15
- Labour calls for NHS investment01:06
- Two dead in London balcony incident01:18
- Thornberry: 'I got it wrong over tweet'00:39
- UK joins Poland in Nato drill02:17
Wayne Rooney's got 100 - but is it still a big deal?
Heavy drinking, a jealous husband and Under Milk Wood
Are 0% interest credit card deals a good idea?
The blind revolutionary nobody remembers
A French envoy is poisoned - are British diplomats to blame?
Haile Gebrselassie on his move from athletics to the boardroom
Angelina can do Derby accent - and more nuggets from the week
The big numbers from this week's news visualised
A selection of the best news photos around the world this week
How to make it as a cinematographer
- UKIP: Reckless accuses Farage of EU migrants U-turn
- Terror police arrest man at Heathrow
- Hotel gas blast at Hyatt Regency in London sees 14 hurt
- Kenya bus attack near Somali border leaves 28 dead
- Dame Shirley Bassey rights Goldfinger 'wrong notes'
- Labour still party of working people, Ed Miliband vows
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- Newspaper headlines: Rochester fallout and Winkleman's Strictly return
- Two Britons 'killed in Islamic State fighting' in Syria
- Ebola outbreak: Government sends 30 NHS staff to help Ebola fight
Last Updated at 05:53 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|