The UK's spending watchdog criticises ministers for failing to deport more foreign national offenders - saying performance has barely improved over eight years.
Allowing UK cities to make their own decisions on tax and spending could boost economic growth by £79bn a year by 2030, a year-long study concludes.
The UK's wind farms generated more power than its nuclear power stations on Tuesday, the National Grid says.
- A look back at legendary de la Renta02:24
- Near miss as part of stadium collapses00:30
- Pregnant Kate appears in public01:25
- Swedish search for 'foreign sub' in bay01:35
- Paralysed man walks after cell surgery02:57
- Norton: I wish I was more rebellious04:18
- Sculpture honours the Land Girls01:49
- Kellie: My brothers don't accept me01:54
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Tuesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Planes wobble as they land in storm01:22
- Obama responds to jealous boyfriend01:07
- Ebola: The doctors risking their lives01:53
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Storm leaves one dead and four hurt01:58
- Oscar Pistorius begins jail sentence03:08
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex01:18
- Pooley's parents support his return04:55
What happened to the kids from 1970s experimental schools?
The project that enabled a paralysed man to walk again
Spy chief's parting warning on online privacy
Was this man the world's greatest puzzle master?
A deafblind student on life away from home
Where have all the pro-European Conservatives gone?
Why do young people shun the freezer?
Life and work of US fashion designer Oscar de la Renta
New drama five years after start of eurozone crisis
How does a town that voted Yes in Scottish referendum feel now?
- Paul Cantlie, father of Islamic State hostage, dies
- Four infant bodies found in Canada storage locker
- Top Gear: Argentine ambassador calls for apology
- Why has the freezer become a food graveyard for younger cooks?
- Ebola serum for Africa patients within weeks, says WHO
- Royal pregnancy: Duchess of Cambridge appears in public
- Caterham F1 manufacturer goes into administration
- UK severe weather: Woman dies and others injured in high winds
- Islamic State: US probes 'stray Syria air drop' in IS video
- London hotel hammer attacks: Philip Spence guilty
Last Updated at 19:59 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7283.84||Up||6.97||0.10%|