Royal Bank of Scotland apologised for giving incorrect evidence to a parliamentary hearing, letters released by the Treasury Committee reveal.
A supermarket price war is behind a sharp rise in the number of firms involved in food production folding, new research claims.
Police in the US city of Cleveland shoot and kill a 12-year-old boy who had been waving what turned out to be a fake gun.
- Sold and beaten: India's slave brides02:52
- Knox-Johnston 'not abandoning sailing'03:26
- Bonneville: Bears, Obamas and the BBC05:52
- Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory'03:13
- Travelling through the Ebola heartland03:26
- Iraq village caught between two sides02:33
- Living in a box to learn about autism03:51
- England's blind cricket World Cup bid01:54
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain00:46
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- UK men join Syria fight against IS01:40
- Charing Cross reopens after train fire00:30
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- 'Stop radicalisation before it happens'03:33
- Kabul attack 'one of worst this year'02:37
- Tributes paid to Alan Henning 01:26
What is the real meaning of Mongol?
On a journey charting the impact of the disease
Are food foragers 'annoying' or unfairly maligned?
My family was deported while I was at school
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children against polio
The best reads you need to catch up on
The retreat that has hosted Indian pilgrims since the Crusades
The writer who foresaw the rise of the totalitarian state
The dangerous beauty of the Himalayas
Trends of the past week, relived in 60 seconds
- Supermarket price war blamed for food producers folding
- RBS apologises for 'incorrect' evidence to MPs' committee
- Peru investigates deaths of 500 sea lions on north coast
- Cleveland police shoot dead boy, 12, carrying fake gun
- A Point of View: The writer who foresaw the rise of the totalitarian state
- Volleyball woman Ghoncheh Ghavami out of Iran prison
- The papers: "Scrapped migration targets" and jihadist attack threat
- Weekendish: The best of the week's reads
- Malaysia diplomat denies New Zealand assault charges
- 'Embrace engineering's creative side' to fix skills crisis
Last Updated at 21:22 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|