Gaza and southern Israel see an upsurge in violence despite a plea by the UN secretary general for a cessation of hostilities.
Live video, radio and text coverage of 12 sports on day five at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Conservative MP David Ruffley, who had been criticised after receiving a police caution for common assault, is to retire from Parliament at the next election.
Lightning strikes, hail, torrential rain and flash flooding cause homes to be evacuated and bring road and rail transport to a standstill.
- 'Prince Harry said no to selfie'00:47
- Meet the 13-year-old swimming medallist01:32
- Royals attend gymnastics session00:43
- Swimmer picks wrong lane in heat00:45
- Incredible 41-shot rally in table tennis01:06
- Decathlete false starts twice in 100m02:42
- Australian Shelley wins marathon gold04:13
- Cyclist proposes at Games02:29
- Halsall earns second gold medal 01:34
- Awkward early entrance for netballer00:49
- Adlington's tears as Peaty wins gold02:21
- Commonwealths important to me - Bolt02:01
- Assisted dying: 'On Saturday I shall die'06:36
- Help for Heroes fraudster 'humbled'01:42
- Red Arrows and wing walkers wow crowds01:34
- 'Training' issue over smoke scare Tube02:26
- How free wi-fi tracks your movements06:20
- Dog-friendly buses in Hong Kong01:02
- Children of Syria: Daad's story
- Dust to dust: Power station demolished01:33
UK & Local News
Both the Times and the Sun lead with stories about overstretched services in the NHS, and the Mail says Britons are being fleeced by rogue parking firms..
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Stormy weather disrupts heatwave02:20
- Turkish PM scores football hat-trick00:34
- Tulisa: 'I was never involved in drugs'01:21
- 'Giant bolt' hits LA beach goers 01:41
- Amateur video of Sussex storms01:06
- Ukraine troops close in on MH17 site01:57
- Ebola: Border crossings to close01:45
- Dozens killed in Libya clashes01:13
The time when a single drink of gin could kill
Lyse Doucet on the plight of children in Syria and Gaza
What happens when lightning hits the sea?
Where does the world go on holiday?
The celebrities tweeting their support for Palestinians
How a failing hospital transformed itself
Why do Germany's super-rich often keep their heads down?
How one woman's dinner put off metro commuters - and more tales
- MH17 jet 'downed by shrapnel'
- Rain, hail and lightning cause chaos
- What happens when lightning hits the sea?
- Driver dies at classic car race
- Japanese girl 'dismembers classmate'
- Deadly violence in Gaza and Israel
- Police told off for Lily Allen image
- Burma Top Gear breached Ofcom rules
- Tory MP David Ruffley to stand down
- Nestle logo permitted 'in error'
Last Updated at 16:26 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7203.70||Up||22.28||0.31%|