South Africans and world leaders pay tribute to Nelson Mandela, who led the transition from white minority rule and has died aged 95.
- How Mandela destroyed apartheid
- Mandela in his own words
- International reaction
- Soweto's sorrow
- The women who loved Mandela
- Life in pictures
- We mourn, but our lives must go on02:23
- Nelson Mandela in his own words01:08
- Apartheid: 46 years in 90 seconds01:31
- The minute before we knew01:19
- 'Unprecedented outpouring of love'04:39
- Obama: 'Madiba transformed S Africa'02:47
- 'My mother cried: Now you are free’02:49
- How TV stations broke news of death01:53
- African heads pay tribute to Mandela01:50
- Mandela death: Key figures pay tribute03:48
- 'One of the greatest of the century'00:44
- Stars flocked to Nelson Mandela02:12
Other Top Stories
The electric guitar played by Bob Dylan at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival sells at auction in New York for a record $965,000 (£591,000).
Hurricane-force winds and tidal surges kill at least seven in northern Europe, flood parts of Hamburg and leave thousands of homes without power.
Nelson Mandela's life story in video and pictures
The internet, 60 seconds before we knew Mandela died
Generations of Americans found inspiration in Mandela's life
How India's approach to sex crimes remains stuck in the past
Civilian suffering getting worse in besieged Syrian towns
The farm using tech it hopes will transform Sudanese agriculture
How new tech aims to make cycling safer
As fans prepare for the draw, what changes could be made
Unbroken silence of burned Central African Republic villages
The young workers fighting against unpaid work
Images from a Tibetan area in western China
RIP ugliest dog - but what kind was he?
Sweden opens Europe's first LGBT retirement home
How the US and France are working together to halt al-Qaeda
- Six Mexicans treated for 'radiation'
- The offal truth about American haggis
- More men chat in girls' 'dialect'
- Marine 'devastated' at sentence
- Android app caught sharing ID data
- Dylan's guitar sells for $965k
- Tidal surge hits UK coastal towns
- Deadly storm lashes northern Europe
- Norway: Is world’s largest sovereign wealth fund too big?
- Russia investigates crash jet pilot
Last Updated at 15:56 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7068.68||Up||56.46||0.81%|
The cult classic Jamaican crime film The Harder They Come, its reggae soundtrack - and its legacy
How to create, mix and share videos - plus other apps and websites reviewed