The deputy prime minister calls for the parents of five-year-old brain tumour patient Ashya King to be freed from custody and reunited with their son.
The government is considering conducting an inspection of Rotherham Council in the wake the child abuse scandal, Home Secretary Theresa May says.
Fighters from a militant Islamic group in Afghanistan, allied to the Taliban, tell the BBC they are considering joining forces with Islamic State.
The FBI looks into allegations that the online accounts of celebrities have been hacked, leading to intimate pictures being posted online.
- Homecoming joy for bike accident teen02:29
- Free hot meals for primary pupils02:06
- Beckham on Man Utd spending spree01:26
- Owners reunited with cliff rescue dog01:56
- The ten-year-old who loves to code01:26
- 'Hero' cat saves owner from fire 00:40
- Solar farm plan for Somerset Levels02:02
- Do you know what 11x12 is?00:55
Among the stories fascinating Tuesday's press are whether British forces will engage jihadists in Iraq, and the mass hacking of celebrities' iCloud accounts.
UK & Local News
Find a representative
- Volcano continues fiery eruption00:49
- The most future-proof profession?01:32
- ‘I smuggled jihadists into Syria’02:50
- Locals divided on Heathrow expansion01:04
- 'Bacon butty' for British Ebola nurse02:02
- How to spot the signs of skin cancer02:39
- Iraq grannies 'take on IS in Amerli’03:17
- CPS: Ashya King case 'under review'02:02
After celebrity leaks, what can you do to safeguard your photos?
Have some football clubs overpaid for their new players?
Would banning high-power appliances actually save energy?
Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
Why Paris is forgetting Ernest Hemingway
China's museum boom hatches roast duck tribute
How corals stir up their world to draw in nutrients
- Kidnappers broke bones with hammers
- US attacks al-Shabab in Somalia
- Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
- How much has the ice bucket challenge achieved?
- Ashya case under review, says CPS
- Survivor singer Jamison dies aged 63
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- Does the rest of UK care if Scotland goes?
- Russia 'to alter military doctrine'
- Have some football clubs overpaid for players?
Last Updated at 09:56 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7413.92||Up||35.81||0.49%|