Insurance companies are to be banned from covering the cost of terrorist ransoms under a raft of measures being unveiled by the home secretary.
- How serious is IS threat to the UK?
- How the battle against IS is being fought online
- Kidnap ransoms 'fuelling terrorism'
Police in the US city of Cleveland shoot and kill a 12-year-old boy who had been waving what turned out to be a fake gun.
Royal Bank of Scotland apologised for giving incorrect evidence to a parliamentary hearing, letters released by the Treasury Committee reveal.
- Sold and beaten: India's slave brides02:52
- Knox-Johnston 'not abandoning sailing'03:26
- Bonneville: Bears, Obamas and the BBC05:52
- Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory'03:13
- Travelling through the Ebola heartland03:26
- Iraq village caught between two sides02:33
- Living in a box to learn about autism03:51
- England's blind cricket World Cup bid01:54
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain00:46
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- UK men join Syria fight against IS01:40
- Charing Cross reopens after train fire00:30
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- 'Stop radicalisation before it happens'03:33
- Kabul attack 'one of worst this year'02:37
- Tributes paid to Alan Henning 01:26
How health warnings are changing cigarette packet design
The couple who helped Tesco change the way many of us shop
Have any prices fallen faster than singles?
One woman's journey from a village to death in the big city
Mary J Blige adopts a new musical home
Why one Irish-American comedian is trying stand-up in Beijing
Hopes pinned on Ebola clinical trials in Guinea
The dangers faced by interfaith Egyptian couples
F1 world champion's second title in number and pop-rap lyrics BBC Sport
On a journey charting the impact of the disease
- Cleveland police shoot dead boy, 12, carrying fake gun
- Ransom ban among new anti-terror measures
- Shrien Dewani trial: Judge to consider if case should be dismissed
- The couple who helped transform the way we shop
- Mother charged for abandoning baby in drain in Sydney
- Google case over online abuse to begin in High Court
- Supermarket price war blamed for food producers folding
- Rurik Jutting found fit to stand trial for HK murders
- RBS apologises for 'incorrect' evidence to MPs' committee
- Katie Morag star Cherry Campbell is youngest Bafta winner aged nine
Last Updated at 01:22 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|