Thailand marks the 86th birthday of King Bhumibol, who is due to address the nation later, amid a truce after days of violent protests.
- In pictures: Bangkok mood shifts
- What's behind protests?
- Profile: Yingluck Shinawatra
- Who is leading the protests?
- Obama: Income gap bigger than race00:51
- Stolen radioactive material found01:34
- Landslide rips apart roads in southern Italy00:31
- Biden: 'Challenge your government'02:45
- Indian rape victims still face stigma02:16
- BBC inside Ukraine protest site02:02
- Thai soldier's death 'sends warning' 02:35
- Senior Hezbollah commander killed01:25
Other Top Stories
The number of people living with dementia worldwide is set to treble by 2050, according to a new analysis.
The US and China had "very direct" talks about China's new air defence identification zone, says US Vice-President Joe Biden.
- Bhutan's magical mask dances02:55
- Leg bone gives up oldest human DNA02:03
- Photographers capture urban decay03:20
- One-minute World News01:00
- Is this Julia's best performance yet?04:04
- The fuel cell under Al Gore's London HQ02:08
- Flight to disputed S China Sea island02:33
- Nigella Lawson admits taking cocaine02:37
Burmese field where people seek their fortune
Meeting Greece's million unpaid workers
Booming Canadian economy attracts British workers
Has the Green Climate Fund got a chance of reaching its target?
Should we fear the rise of Chinese telecoms group Huawei?
Mountie told 'no pot-smoking' - and more curious tales
24 hours of news photographs from around the world
What would the Union Jack look like without the blue?
- Obama: US must fix 'unequal economy'
- What would the union jack look like if the Scottish bit were removed?
- Launch of world's biggest 'ship'
- Leg bone gives up oldest human DNA
- Mexico radioactive material found
- Two million stolen passwords online
- World dementia cases 'set to treble'
- Let's talk about sex...
- Tense Thailand marks king's birthday
- Google ramps up plan to make robots
Last Updated at 23:41 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7010.97||Down||-1.81||-0.03%|
The cult classic Jamaican crime film The Harder They Come, its reggae soundtrack - and its legacy