The Islamic State militant group releases a video purporting to show the beheading of US journalist James Foley, who was seized in Syria in 2012.
- Gauging US strategy in Iraq conflict
- The rise of Islamic State
- 10 days in Iraq
- Who are Islamic State?
- Is this the end of Iraq?
Mental health services for young people in England are "stuck in the dark ages" and "not fit for purpose", according to a government minister.
A new crime of domestic abuse could be created under plans to tackle an issue which prompted one millions calls to police in 12 months.
Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg says the "party has changed" after Lord Rennard has his membership restored and disciplinary measures are dropped.
A truce between Israel and Gaza ends amid renewed air strikes and rocket fire, as negotiations in Cairo break up with no deal.
- Gags galore with Fringe joke winner02:53
- Golfer McIlroy in ice bucket challenge01:46
- The UK firm rebuilding a French classic02:38
- Lend to a friend: Does partner-sharing work?03:24
- Women 'duped in dating site fraud' 01:39
- War Horse gallops into China01:48
- Prison violence is 'beyond extreme'02:43
- Iceland volcano eruption risk raised01:13
Aaron Ramsey is sent off as Arsenal fight out a goalless draw with Besiktas in the first leg of their Champions League play-off tie.
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Flying a vintage WWII German plane02:38
- New killing threatens Missouri tension02:43
- Iraq refugees in 'windswept dustbowl'02:44
- The sad lament of Syrian child brides04:12
- Up close: Mosul dam 'back in safe hands'01:13
- Besson makes Scarlett superhuman03:52
- Australia MP's verbal attack on China02:24
- Container stowaways 'in state of shock'01:38
How would N Ireland's Orangemen feel if Scotland left the union?
Why hundreds of thousands of people have left Ireland
Survivors and victims' families remember Marchioness disaster
The plight of Syria's refugee child brides
Which is the best eco option - eating beef, chicken or mussels?
The man who says he's responsible for a million kids
Series of bomb attacks rattles Santiago residents
Food import ban begins to hit Russian shoppers
Memories of the birth of Pakistan
Could this man help to save the world?
The village that has two weddings per person per year
How does education fit into the Scottish referendum debate?
- Militants 'kill reporter on video'
- Sex with police officer 'flattering'
- M-way screens to stop rubbernecking
- House prices and Cilla on Sir Cliff - papers
- The island that kids learn to leave
- Sri Lankan maid beheaded in Saudi
- Internet-hit near miss biker guilty
- New police killing threatens tension
- Police question Galloway over speech
- New domestic abuse law considered
Last Updated at 00:47 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7335.03||Down||-5.12||-0.07%|