The wife of a British taxi driver being held hostage by Islamic State appeals to the militants to "see it in their hearts" to release him.
- Imams in hostage video appeal to IS
- Henning says Syria visit 'worthwhile'
- Anguish of UK hostage's friends
Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond says "No" voters in last week's independence referendum were "tricked" by a late vow of more devolved powers.
- Police separate rival crowds in Glasgow01:33
- Alex Salmond's career in politics04:19
- What next? Stage is set for Act Two01:00
- Voters' views as Salmond resigns02:08
- What tipped the balance?03:01
- Brown: 'Time for Scotland to unite'02:31
- Umunna grilled over England's future05:47
- Salmond resigns as First Minister03:10
- The minute Scotland knew01:19
- David Cameron: 'I am delighted'01:40
- A time of change for UK politics02:56
- Highlights of historic day and night02:28
Other Top Stories
Turkey says at least 66,000 Syrians have crossed the border in 24 hours, as the UN warns hundreds of thousands more may flee an Islamic State advance.
Afghan presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah says his rival Ashraf Ghani should become leader, as they prepare to announce a power-sharing deal.
- Parachute jump marks Arnhem battle02:11
- Hiding currency in the Dark Wallet03:55
- 'Good spider season' is predicted02:07
- Cheetah cubs unveiled in San Diego00:32
- Metal ballet meets Games of Thrones 02:41
- River dwellers fear for their future02:00
- Excitement builds for MTV Crashes02:00
- Legacy of CT scanner scientist01:42
Sunday's papers lead on bitter rows between Labour and the Tories on the question of Scottish Mps voting on English matters, and also on internal Conservative Party conflict.
UK & Local News
Tory MP John Baron asks an urgent question on the government's response to Islamic State.
Find a representative
- Turkish IS hostages return home 01:53
- Base jumpers leap from 370m bridge01:13
- Tourists stranded by Hurricane Odile01:19
- Devastating floods hit Philippines 01:43
- William takes Kate's place in Malta01:23
- Silent streets amid Ebola lockdown02:16
- NZ's John Key celebrates poll win 01:00
- Asthma stigma in some Asian families01:37
The power and allure of wearing red
How I got my driving licence without taking a test
The best features you may have missed
Readers' photos on the theme of "vintage"
How Ebola has prevented the traditional Liberian handshake
The week's big numbers visualised.
Racism, spankings and an American legacy
How Haitians overcame the 'yuk' factor
Detroit cuts off water to non-payers of bills
Haunting melodies highlight refugee plight
Background to the Westgate mall attack in 60 seconds
A marriage counsellor on healing the referendum hurt
- Five hundred youths in street brawl
- UK hostage's wife in appeal to IS
- China buying up the world?
- 'Gimp Man' aims to spark debate
- Palace raised Harry photo concern
- The scary element that saved the crew of Apollo 13
- Russian jets intercepted off Alaska
- Labour attacks England-only MP votes
- Lansley heckled by NHS protesters
- Rail fares to rise 3.5% for 2015
Last Updated at 20:55 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7508.95||Up||23.70||0.32%|