A leading Russian opposition politician, former Deputy PM Boris Nemtsov, is shot dead in Moscow just before a march against the war in Ukraine.
A former MI6 chief defends the actions of security services, as a former teacher reveals "Jihadi John" had anger management therapy at school.
Former pop star Gary Glitter is jailed for 16 years for sexually abusing three young girls between 1975 and 1980.
Ed Miliband says £9,000 tuition fees in England have been a "disaster" and promises Labour would fund a reduction by cutting tax relief on high earners' pensions.
- Boat trip on frozen Hudson river00:55
- Kanye West in tears over mentor teacher02:52
- Meet the men who went part-time02:30
- The mystery of the missing pearl dress00:55
- Israeli and Iranian musicians in harmony03:26
- Lollipop man banned from high-fiving01:46
- One month on: Are Greeks happy?02:30
- Playing for keeps: Castle in Lego 02:48
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday's proceedings, including a statement on sexual abuse.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Teacher: 'Jihadi John' had anger therapy 03:09
- Why we saw it differently00:46
- I am Spock: The life of Leonard Nimoy03:11
- Ukraine's most-feared volunteers01:19
- Ex-MI6 chief on 'Jihadi John' claims02:26
- Mexico catches most wanted drug lord01:43
- Fees pledge: What do students think?01:03
- A Prince and an Emperor in Japan02:06
What we know about the group which advised 'Jihadi John'
The film star forced to make movies for North Korea
Did someone try to impersonate Scarlett on the red carpet?
Why everyone is asking 'what colour is this dress?'
What do Americans make of Nigel Farage?
The disappearing books of the New York city subway
How unusual elections makes outcomes hard to predict
The digital technology combating job application fraud
How Ghana has reversed the exodus of nurses to the UK
Russian circus finds orphaned cub - and more curious tales
- Optical illusion: Dress colour debate goes global
- Russia opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead
- Why everyone is asking: What colour is this dress?'
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek's Mr Spock, dies at 83
- Gary Glitter jailed for 16 years
- US-Bangladesh blogger Avijit Roy hacked to death
- MWC 2015: Are tablets falling out of favour?
- Cage: Important human rights group or apologists for terror?
- 'Jihadi John': Extremists 'not radicalised by MI5'
- Robin Williams' daughter reflects on her father's death
Last Updated at 19:25 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7982.74||Down||-39.43||-0.49%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Find out about the real Thomas Cromwell