England's population has risen by more than half a million since 2011 because of immigration, a major analysis by Oxford University estimates.
- Why migration is changing almost everything
- UK net migration rises to 298,000
- Who are the UK's foreign workers?
US actor Harrison Ford is expected to make a full recovery from injuries suffered when crashing his plane on to a golf course in Los Angeles.
Drivers will get 10 minutes' grace before being fined if they stay too long in council-owned car parks in England, the government announces.
Archaeologists and officials express outrage about the reported bulldozing of the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud in Iraq by Islamic State (IS) militants.
- Revolutionary urinal 'makes energy'02:10
- App guides blind people on the Tube01:53
- Mum defends boy's 50 Shades costume
- Comic Relief donations saving lives03:12
- Sigourney Weaver on robots and aliens06:38
- Airline industry's safety innovations02:29
- The 'Google' of real things?02:48
- Game of Thrones-inspired fashion01:11
UK & Local News
MPs are debating the House of Lords (Expulsion and Suspension) Bill.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Skiers rescued after cable car accident01:13
- Nasa probe Dawn nears Ceres00:52
- Harrison Ford 'hurt in plane crash'01:50
- The ships hunting for MH37002:49
- An 'ice' hairdo: Frozen hair contest00:24
- Ukraine pilot breaks hunger strike02:40
- Plane skids off New York runway 00:51
- Meet England's new Europeans03:36
The man who posted himself to the other side of the world
The interesting things you hear in a women-only carriage
Europe editor Katya Adler on the alarm at Russian muscle-flexing
Child TV star with Down's syndrome on life away from home
Pat Moss: The F1 legend's sister who beat the men BBC Sport
Who hasn't banned selfie sticks yet?
John Humphrys asks if the right marketing can change your vote
How IS fighter's tip-off led to narrow escape for Syrian woman
The often strange world view of Ladybird Books
Much-loved New York sheet music shop closes down
How do you make a drama about dementia?
- Fifty Shades of Grey boy, 11, causes stir at school
- Scotland Live: News, sport, weather and travel updates from across the country on Friday 6 March
- The man who posted himself to Australia
- Harrison Ford injured in plane crash
- Dozens arrested in cybercrime 'strike week'
- Doctor Who: Jenna Coleman 'planned to quit' last year
- Ten-minute leeway rule for council car parks in England
- Outcry as Islamic State bulldozers 'wreck' Nimrud, Iraq
- Overheard on the ladies' coach
- Population rose 565,000 since 2011 - Oxford analysis
Last Updated at 06:03 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8017.37||Up||31.26||0.39%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
The dreamy appeal of the Lewis Carroll classic.