Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson vows to continue his space tourism venture despite the SpaceShipTwo craft crashing in the US, killing a pilot.
The Foreign Office warns British travellers they could be targeted by terrorists seeking revenge for UK air strikes against Islamic State militants.
Ed Miliband says that Labour would replace the House of Lords with an elected senate if the party won the general election in May 2015.
- Taking a virtual dive into the deep01:50
- Obamas welcome trick-or-treaters00:35
- On board Knox-Johnston's yacht02:15
- Global light show coming to Glasgow02:36
- Hello Kitty shrine in Singapore02:04
- 'I blogged my way to mental health' 02:15
- Serial: Cult podcast grips audiences04:38
- Fiona Woolf steps down: Full interview10:09
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- Peshmerga fighters 'in Kobane'02:11
- Forty years riding Wall of Death02:46
- Model pupils refused student loans00:40
- Space project continues - Branson01:40
- Ebola carers 'face discrimination'02:07
- Police cautions 'to be scrapped' 01:23
- What next for child abuse inquiry?01:06
- Stafford health trust services end01:09
The official whose over-familiar letters infuriated his boss
Why do wives take a man's name after marriage?
Scratching really does make things itch, and other nuggets
Are Corsica's days of mafia and militants over?
Zebra crossings to bus stations: unusual listed buildings
Movember turns its attention to men's mental health
Commemorating Britain's first naval defeat of World War One
The blind maestro leading an all-blind orchestra
The week in numbers with our Go Figure images
The students educated in British schools but denied student loans
- Virgin Galactic crash: Branson vows to continue space project
- Police cautions 'to be scrapped' in England and Wales
- Man dies after woman stabbed to death in Ilford
- UK travellers warned of increased global terror threat
- Teenager stabbed to death outside shop in south London
- The official who put 'Love to Patrick' on letters to his boss
- Why should women change their names on getting married?
- Elected senate would replace House of Lords under Labour
- Virgin Galactic spacecraft crash kills pilot
- England's most unusual listed buildings
Last Updated at 05:17 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7578.13||Up||76.11||1.01%|