The wife of a British taxi driver being held hostage by Islamic State appeals to the militants to "see it in their hearts" to release him.
- Imams in hostage video appeal to IS
- Henning said Syria visit 'worthwhile'
- Anguish of UK hostage's friends
Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond says "No" voters in last week's independence referendum were "tricked" by a late vow of more devolved powers.
- Brown vows to see pledges delivered02:09
- No devolution 'quick fix' - Miliband02:30
- Alex Salmond's career in politics04:19
- What next? Stage is set for Act Two01:00
- Police separate rival crowds in Glasgow01:33
- Voters' views as Salmond resigns02:08
- What tipped the balance?03:01
- Brown: 'Time for Scotland to unite'02:31
- Salmond resigns as First Minister03:10
- The minute Scotland knew01:19
- David Cameron: 'I am delighted'01:40
- Highlights of historic day and night02:28
Other Top Stories
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon will take part in a protest march this weekend to highlight global inaction on climate change.
A two-week-old ceasefire between Ukraine and pro-Russia separatists in the east is a truce "in name only", says Nato top commander Philip Breedlove.
- Parachute jump marks Arnhem battle02:11
- Hiding currency in the Dark Wallet03:55
- 'Good spider season' is predicted02:07
- Cheetah cubs unveiled in San Diego00:32
- Metal ballet meets Games of Thrones 02:41
- River dwellers fear for their future02:00
- Excitement builds for MTV Crashes02:00
- Legacy of CT scanner scientist01:42
Sunday's papers lead on bitter rows between Labour and the Tories on the question of Scottish Mps voting on English matters, and also on internal Conservative Party conflict.
UK & Local News
Tory MP John Baron asks an urgent question on the government's response to Islamic State.
Find a representative
- Turkish IS hostages return home 01:53
- Base jumpers leap from 370m bridge01:13
- Tourists stranded by Hurricane Odile01:19
- Devastating floods hit Philippines 01:43
- William takes Kate's place in Malta01:23
- Silent streets amid Ebola lockdown02:16
- NZ's John Key celebrates poll win 01:00
- Asthma stigma in some Asian families01:37
What now for the sense of Britishness?
The power and allure of wearing red
How I got my driving licence without taking a test
The best features you may have missed
Readers' photos on the theme of "vintage"
How Ebola has prevented the traditional Liberian handshake
The week's big numbers visualised.
Racism, spankings and an American legacy
How Haitians overcame the 'yuk' factor
Detroit cuts off water to non-payers of bills
Background to the Westgate mall attack in 60 seconds
- Going nuclear: UK's deal with China
- Salmond: 'No' voters were 'tricked'
- GPs 'losing faith in NHS reforms'
- Hospital-based care 'must change'
- Five hundred youths in street brawl
- Getting a driving licence without a test
- 'Gimp Man' aims to spark debate
- UK hostage's wife in appeal to IS
- Firm first to run an NHS hospital
- Alice search 'largest since 7/7'
Last Updated at 00:01 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7508.95||Up||23.70||0.32%|