Detectives are investigating three alleged murders as part of an inquiry into historical child abuse involving politicians and establishment figures, as they appeal for information about an apartment block in London.
A new domestic abuse offence for coercive and controlling behaviour within relationships in England and Wales is announced by the home secretary.
Sony confirms it has no plans to release the film comedy about North Korea internationally, in any form, following threats from hackers.
- MPs trade blows in Kenyan parliament00:36
- 'Walking' again after 10 years
- Armies united for WW1 truce re-match01:31
- Returning to football after coming out
- Talking Movies' top 10 films of 201404:02
- 'Buddhist bug' art explores difference02:36
- Glitter woes for Royal Mail sorters01:28
- Chester player takes the biscuit00:35
UK & Local News
Live coverage of the Commons, including an urgent questions on A&E performance
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- 'He threw me down three flights of stairs'02:22
- MH17 victim's father recalls last goodbye02:10
- India launches largest rocket00:32
- 'Three boys died before my eyes'01:55
- 'Ice pancakes' form on River Dee00:29
- Why energy use is falling in the UK02:02
- Has the high street got worse?04:05
- Newsnight's take on big themes of 201503:54
The schoolboy who was shot in the head and lived
How is your local authority affected?
Those who plan to spend the day working rather than celebrating
The 46 children who made it to an unlikely nativity
The buildings that would once have been impossible
A handy self-portrait device or a narcissistic vanity tool?
The ordinary Russians who have gone on crusade in Ukraine
See the latest version of the BBC News website
- Fugitive Paul John Scott arrested during UK light aircraft return
- Child abuse inquiry: Police investigate three alleged murders
- North Sea oil industry 'close to collapse'
- The Interview: Sony shelves worldwide release
- Scottish Parliament 18 December 2014
- Highcliffe School in lockdown after shots fired
- Swiss National Bank will cut interest rate to minus 0.25%
- Putin seeks to ease fears over Russian economic crisis
- Minister outlines funding 'cut of 1.8%' for English councils
- European court gives UK visa direction
Last Updated at 12:32 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7652.54||Up||97.35||1.29%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
What's the hidden code that makes modern life possible?