David Cameron insists the UK will not pay £1.7bn demanded by the European Union by 1 December, condemning it as "appalling".
Asda, the UK's second largest retailer, is facing a mass legal action over equal pay by women who work in their stores.
The economy expanded at a slower pace in in the three months to 30 September following a 0.9% rise in the second quarter, the ONS said.
The Metropolitan Police is to pay £425,000 to a woman whose child was fathered by a man she did not know was an undercover police officer.
- Phones off to mark Jewish Sabbath02:34
- Could amputees re-grow lost limbs?03:06
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:59
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Too many train announcements?03:18
- 'Religion made me a better player'03:08
- Cliff Richard police raid 'inept'01:32
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:52
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Mums on 'diabolical' holiday fines01:10
- Crossbow bolt shot dog recovering00:55
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Could you switch off all your devices for 25 hours?
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Leicester's Golden Mile lights up for Diwali celebrations
A journey across a Ukraine wracked by conflict
His paintings sell for £50k. Yet Sargy Mann is totally blind
How to solve brain-teasers by one of the greatest maths minds
The surprising reasons why UK owes more to Europe
- Cameron: I will not pay £1.7bn EU bill next month
- Liverpool rape: Boy, 12, and girl, 15 among 11 people arrested
- One million Ebola vaccine doses by end of 2015
- Rubber bullets used on Everton 'rioters' in Lille, say police
- 'Scrap ban' on term-time holidays
- Met pays £425,000 to mother of undercover policeman's child
- British woman dies at Thai cosmetic surgery clinic
- The day UFOs stopped play
- Surgeons transplant heart that had stopped beating
- Alex Salmond considers Westminster return
Last Updated at 09:25 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7368.89||Up||0.95||0.01%|