The US state of Missouri orders 2,200 National Guardsmen to Ferguson to quell unrest after a police officer was cleared over the killing of Michael Brown.
- Obama: 'This is an American problem'01:24
- Footage reveals scale of devastation02:48
- 'Criminals terrorised this community'01:16
- Sharpton: 'We will pursue justice'01:02
- Ferguson clashes in 90 seconds01:29
- Aerial video shows Ferguson chaos01:00
- Mother weeps over ruling01:12
- Raw fury follows grand jury ruling01:40
- Lawyer: Process 'completely unfair'01:44
- Ferguson: Protests erupt across US02:14
- Ferguson wakes up to riot damage00:43
- Ferguson: Protesters attack police car00:35
- Protester: 'A lot of people are upset'01:29
- Obama says protests must be peaceful02:22
- BBC reporter flees tear gas00:36
- Police: 'I didn't see... peaceful protest'02:12
The government is failing those with learning disabilities by keeping them in hospitals far from home for too long, a report commissioned by NHS England says.
The government calls on Fifa to publish in full the investigation into the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding process. BBC Sport
New measures to tackle terrorism are to be published by the home secretary, days after she said the UK faces a "greater" terror threat than ever before.
Calls for extra money for the NHS in England are intensifying after latest figures show the deficit is growing as performance deteriorates.
- How to hack a molecular microscope01:55
- Tesco writes apology poem to students01:20
- Extreme adventurers adopt plucky dog01:27
- Grieving mum warns over online predators00:55
- Mellor 'an idiot' over cabbie comments03:30
- 'Rosberg battle psychological warfare'02:03
- New life of grime for ex-police dog01:54
- Songwriters' bad science lyrics02:59
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Tuesday in the Commons, including a statement on the murder of Lee Rigby.
Find a representative
- Bus offers homeless chance to shower02:07
- X-ray reveals cat's gunshot wounds01:21
- Angelina Jolie on directing Unbroken 02:11
- Underwear protest by Mexican farmers00:56
- 'Tense' in Dewani trial courtroom02:00
- 'Chaos' in Ferguson after Brown verdict02:18
- Batsman critically ill after ball hit01:44
- Murder of Lee Rigby 'not preventable'03:40
Late nights and tikka masalas - my 48 hours as F1 champion BBC Sport
Why Nick Drake is not the patron saint of the miserable
Hughes injury a reminder of cricket's dangers BBC Sport
The unlikely city that claims it has the most in the world
Why are cannabis pipes openly for sale on the High Street?
What happened to the founder of the Foursquare Church?
Is it time to take Olly Murs seriously?
A brief history of an Australian word
- Ferguson shooting: More than 2,200 National Guard troops sent in
- Breck Bednar stabbing: Lewis Daynes admits boy's murder
- Stem cell transplant death - what went wrong
- Vodafone sent 1,000 News UK workers' data to police
- Cannabis accessories: The strange world of the 'head shop'
- Could the world return to the 1980s?
- Southampton footballer Victor Wanyama's home burgled
- Pope Francis complains of 'haggard' Europe in Strasbourg
- Man jailed at Lincoln Crown Court for raping 12-year-old brother
- Nicola Sturgeon to outline Scottish government plans
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Can resistance to male stereotypes mean greater equality for women?