Pope Francis is to set up a Vatican committee to fight sexual abuse of children in the Catholic Church and offer help to victims.
- Viewpoint: Way ahead for Catholic Church
- Profile: Pope Francis
- Pope calls for action on sex abuse
- Why did Pope Benedict XVI resign?
- Vatican rebuffs UN sex abuse queries
TV cook Nigella Lawson tells a court she is "not proud" of having used drugs, on the second day of her evidence at the trial of her personal assistants.
- Lampedusa: Whole families lie in tombs02:49
- On board US navy ship amid China row02:20
- Stolen radioactive material found01:46
- Former presidents back Ukraine rally01:52
- Fear and terror: Africa's forgotten war04:11
- Truce as Thai king calls for support01:42
- Afghan concerns over security 02:08
- Elba on portraying a living legend02:09
Other Top Stories
A suicide car bomb followed by a gunbattle at Yemen's defence ministry have left at least 29 people dead and more than 70 injured, officials say.
The movements of hundreds of millions of mobile users are being tracked by the NSA every day, reveals the Washington Post.
The US and China had "very direct" talks about China's new air defence identification zone, says US Vice-President Joe Biden.
- Living on a 'ghost ship', hoping for pay02:44
- Landslide rips apart roads in southern Italy00:31
- Bhutan's magical mask dances02:55
- One-minute World News01:02
- Banksy works to go under the hammer01:35
- BBC inside Ukraine protest site02:02
- Is this Julia's best performance yet?04:04
- Leg bone gives up oldest human DNA02:03
The secret double life of a gay neo-Nazi
Burmese field where people seek their fortune
Ford Mustang and the history of US muscle cars
20 tales from readers of being an only child
A quest to become China's cupcake queen
Meeting Greece's million unpaid workers
Booming Canadian economy attracts British workers
Has the Green Climate Fund got a chance of reaching its target?
Mountie fights for right to smoke cannabis in uniform
Should we fear the rise of Chinese telecoms group Huawei?
John Simpson on the changing face of world's superpowers
- Pope sets up body on child abuse
- NSA 'tracking' millions of mobiles
- The secret double life of a gay neo-Nazi
- 'US teacher' shot dead in Libya
- Nigella 'not proud of drug use'
- India 'man-eating' tiger captured
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC
- Storm brings wind and rail shutdown
- Beached whales dead in Florida
- How photographs told the story of the Vietnam War
Last Updated at 09:11 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7020.23||Up||7.45||0.11%|
The cult classic Jamaican crime film The Harder They Come, its reggae soundtrack - and its legacy