Payday lender Wonga says it is writing off £220m of debts for 330,000 customers after putting in place new affordability checks.
Save the Children says healthcare demands are far outstripping supply in Sierra Leone and warns that the Ebola outbreak there is getting worse.
A post-mortem examination on the body of murdered 14-year-old Alice Gross will resume later.
- Fry tells 'ugly truth' in new book 05:44
- World's most beautiful train journey?02:12
- From Amazon jungle to presidential palace02:49
- Up for grabs: Who will win Clacton seat?02:48
- Mums face eviction after occupying flats02:37
- How do PM's tax figures weigh up?01:48
- Close-up: Volvo's XC90 unveiled01:28
- Rare leopard reared in bathroom01:36
UK & Local News
MPs vote by 524 to 43 in favour of UK military action against Islamic State in Iraq.
Find a representative
- Why Hong Kong is not just about money02:36
- Gun battle spills on to Rio street00:34
- Meet girl, 5, with first 3D-printed hand 01:42
- Can Afghanistan stay free of IS?01:51
- Girl found 12 years after abduction01:20
- 'Mr Nobody' ups UKIP offer to £1m01:56
- Missing schoolgirl family 'heartbroken'01:53
- Texas children 'monitored for Ebola' 02:21
How data crunching is dictating our job prospects
Devil worship in the tunnels of the man-eating mountain
The strange world of super-specialist cutlery
Will our cities ever be congestion-free?
Two pro-democracy protests, 25 years apart, same outcome?
When is a sportswoman not woman enough? BBC Sport
19th Century Brazil seen through the eyes of an Englishman
RAF veterans who risked their lives to help Polish resistance
- Man 'confesses' to Thai killings
- Royals make Prince George photo plea
- Singer Lynsey De Paul dies aged 64
- First Kate portrait splits critics
- Boy jailed over girlfriend murder
- 'Racist' Banksy mural destroyed
- Clegg calls May speech 'outrageous'
- Wonga to write off 330,000 debts
- Rolling Stone cover sparks outrage
- Devil worship on the man-eating mountain
Last Updated at 08:26 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7322.88||Up||8.50||0.12%|