The Islamic State militant group releases a video purporting to show the beheading of US journalist James Foley, seized in Syria in 2012.
- 'A brave and tireless journalist'
- PM condemns journalist 'beheading'
- Gauging US strategy in Iraq conflict
Two out of nine members of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee voted to raise interest earlier this month, the first time in three years policymakers have done so.
A new crime of domestic abuse could be created under plans to tackle an issue which prompted one millions calls to police in 12 months.
At least 32 people have been killed in landslides caused by heavy rain that buried houses in Japan's Hiroshima prefecture, officials say.
- Rain sparks deadly Japan landslides 01:27
- Barenboim: 'Orchestra must play on'06:04
- The sad lament of Syrian child brides04:12
- Up close: Mosul dam 'back in safe hands'01:13
- Golfer McIlroy in ice bucket challenge01:46
- Gags galore with Fringe joke winner02:53
- The UK firm rebuilding a French classic02:38
- Life on two wheels: Rio and Nairobi02:48
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Flying a vintage WW2 German plane02:38
- Biker guilty of 'dangerous' ride01:19
- Iraq refugees in 'windswept dustbowl'02:44
- Iceland volcano eruption risk raised01:13
- Besson makes Scarlett superhuman03:52
- Australia MP's verbal attack on China02:24
- Africa's elephants in net decline02:00
- Container stowaways 'in state of shock'01:38
Why would relatives leave ashes in a funeral parlour for years?
Why hundreds of thousands of people have left Ireland
The online hit showing prejudice against dwarfism
How would N Ireland's Orangemen feel if Scotland left the union?
A doctor reports from the Ebola front line
The man who says he's responsible for a million kids
The young model among the 51 Marchioness disaster victims
The plight of Syria's refugee child brides
Could this man help to save the world?
How does education fit into the Scottish referendum debate?
- The island that kids learn to leave
- Police crash halts wrong-way driver
- Sex with police officer 'flattering'
- Militants 'kill reporter on video'
- M-way screens to stop rubbernecking
- Sri Lankan maid beheaded in Saudi
- Internet-hit near miss biker guilty
- Bank of England split over rate rise
- Neglect 'left girl unable to walk'
- India yoga guru BKS Iyengar dies
Last Updated at 08:38 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7304.04||Down||-36.11||-0.49%|