Scotland votes to stay in the United Kingdom and First Minister Alex Salmond accepts defeat but calls for pledge of more devolved powers to be honoured.
- Scotland vote: What happens now?
- Pound and shares rise on 'No' vote
- Results in detail
- How the 'No' side won
- No vote relief for many countries
- At-a-glance: Referendum night
Video, audio and text coverage as Scotland votes against independence and instead remains part of the United Kingdom.
- Scotland votes no to independence02:02
- Salmond admits defeat in referendum01:04
- David Cameron: 'I am delighted'01:40
- The moment No campaign triumphed01:22
- Darling: 'A momentous result '01:21
- Sturgeon 'deeply disappointed'01:27
- Glasgow votes Yes to independence01:22
- Edinburgh rejects independence01:30
Other Top Stories
President Obama says Congress's backing for his $500m plan to aid moderate Syrian rebels shows that the US is united against Islamic State.
Security is being upgraded at the Australian parliament following "chatter" suggesting extremists could target it for attack, PM Tony Abbott says.
- Survivor on Lagos hostel collapse02:39
- Archbishop of Canterbury: 'I doubt'01:33
- Turner and Constable face-off in London02:26
- Assange: 'It is a difficult situation'03:34
- Why are there so many blackberries?02:36
- Sumner on 'shock' of Ian Curtis death02:27
- 'Far-right backlash' to Islamic extremism01:26
- Jeremy Vine's guide to Scotland vote01:21
UK & Local News
Tory MP John Baron asks an urgent question on the government's response to Islamic State.
Find a representative
The Freudian phrases you use without realising it
How real is the Riot Club?
The man with 26 children who's preaching birth control
Mystery over tourist killings continues to baffle Thailand police
Which animal fought a valiant battle against an escalator?
Is the American Dream alive in Palm Springs?
Why the chance of seeing an Alpine ibex has halved in 20 years
Opening night for Shakespeare theatre... in Gdansk
- Syrian army 'at war with IS extremists'03:36
- Ambulance death woman 'let down'03:27
- BBC team attacked in southern Russia 02:01
- 'Home of golf' accepts women members01:07
- Alice suspect is convicted murderer01:44
- Thousands tricked by Pyramid scam ladies02:55
- Alibaba to list on NY stock exchange02:04
- Campaign leaders cast their votes01:05
- Scotland votes 'No' - BBC
- Abuse aimed at Andy Murray 'vile'
- Referendum: Sterling up in Asia
- Eight dead in Florida mass shooting
- Harry Styles caught short in LA
- How the No side won
- Unnamed page
- 'Electoral fraud' in Glasgow probed
- No vote relief for many governments
- Cameron 'delighted' by Scotland vote
Last Updated at 03:45 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7459.37||Down||-25.88||-0.35%|