A pilot is killed and another is injured as Virgin Galactic's space tourism craft crashes in California.
A split emerges within Burkina Faso's armed forces over who is leading the country following the resignation of President Blaise Campaore.
The Foreign Office warns British travellers they could be targeted by terrorists seeking revenge for UK air strikes against Islamic State militants.
- Model pupils refused student loans00:40
- On board Knox-Johnston's yacht02:15
- Ebola carers 'face discrimination'02:07
- Hello Kitty shrine in Singapore02:04
- The real-life Winnie the Pooh02:35
- Inside a haunted house in Louisiana02:38
- Serial: Cult podcast grips audiences04:38
- Fiona Woolf steps down: Full interview10:09
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- They drank equivalent of how many burgers?02:54
- Baby pandas wrestle with their keeper01:39
- The mystery drones over nuclear sites01:33
- The makeshift 'protection' for Ebola02:31
- Junior doctor admits child sex abuse02:26
- Poppy hijab for Remembrance02:08
- 'Rage on the streets' in Burkina Faso01:37
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
The official whose over-familiar letters infuriated his boss
Why do wives take a man's name after marriage?
Scratching really does make things itch, and other nuggets
Are Corsica's days of mafia and militants over?
Zebra crossings to bus stations: unusual listed buildings
Movember turns its attention to men's mental health
Commemorating Britain's first naval defeat of World War One
The blind maestro leading an all-blind orchestra
The week in numbers with our Go Figure images
The students educated in British schools but denied student loans
- Virgin Galactic spacecraft crash kills pilot
- Man killed in shooting at Manchester Food Traders
- Police cautions 'to be scrapped' in England and Wales
- Man dies after woman stabbed to death in Ilford
- UK travellers warned of increased global terror threat
- The official who put 'Love to Patrick' on letters to his boss
- Why should women change their names on getting married?
- Elected senate would replace House of Lords under Labour
- Burkina Faso: Military divided over who rules
- England's most unusual listed buildings
Last Updated at 02:31 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7578.13||Up||76.11||1.01%|