A gunman with an apparent grudge against the US police shoots dead two officers in a patrol car in New York before killing himself, officials say.
A second man is arrested on suspicion of murdering off-duty police officer Neil Doyle, who died after being attacked in Liverpool on Friday.
Scotland's top prosecutor says there is no evidence to suggest Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi is innocent.
- Gay Asian support group created01:57
- Cyclist survives fall under 14-wheel lorry00:21
- Japan's senior cheerleaders02:42
- Month-old cheetahs 'doing well'00:56
- 'Santas' join torch-lit hunt in woods02:59
- Sri Lanka cricketer 'missed' tsunami
- Spectacular spire climb filmed02:16
- A tour through Crossrail's tunnels02:21
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Shops packed on 'Panic Saturday'02:19
- Strictly 2014 winner is crowned02:06
- Hereford United fans plan new club01:50
- How to predict an avalanche 02:45
- Can endangered white rhino be saved?01:48
- New Era estate kept as affordable housing01:41
- Kashmir widows on living in conflict02:31
- Arora: 'I took my culture with me'03:08
The family with 34 children - and they're adding two more
The strange things passengers leave on the Tube
Why mornings will keep getting darker after 21 December
Safe surgery with a DIY essential
A sneak peek at how Crossrail is taking shape below London
The Irishman who is England's new one-day captain BBC Sport
On the seasonal look-out for counterfeit goods
- Gunman kills two New York police officers
- Why do mornings still get darker after the winter solstice?
- Strictly Come Dancing: Caroline Flack lifts glitterball trophy
- 'Allahu Akbar' attacker shot by French police
- London Tube's lost property treasure trove
- Facebook users crack photo card mystery in under an hour
- North Korea proposes joint Sony hack inquiry with US
- 'Depression and Christmas just don't go'
- Cuba 'will not change' communist system, despite thaw with US
- Journalist John Freeman dies at 99
Last Updated at 21:32 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7737.66||Up||29.21||0.38%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
How WW1 changed the way we bury our war dead