Scottish Labour Party leader Johann Lamont resigns with immediate effect after accusing the UK party of treating Scotland like a "branch office".
- Ex-first ministers hit out at Labour
- Brian Taylor on Lamont's lack of influence
- Johann Lamont in conversation
The number of cases in the Ebola outbreak has exceeded 10,000, with 4,922 deaths, the World Health Organization says.
The rest of Europe expects the UK to settle a £1.7bn EU budget demand "and that's that", a vice president of the European Parliament has said.
A 28-year-old man dies in hospital after he was shot during what is believed to have been a serious brawl in a west Belfast alleyway.
- Paris's Picasso museum reopens02:37
- Using Facebook to get a pay rise02:14
- Learning how to leap around a city02:44
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- Speed racing on city ring-road 01:32
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:56
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Record skydive from the edge of space01:29
- Roads become rivers: Floods shock Athens01:20
- How did UK man die in Syria air strike?05:34
- US school shooting opens wounds01:47
- Man starts fire at petrol station01:20
- Sargy Mann: 25 years of painting blind04:34
- 'Putin is a bigger threat than IS'04:21
- Russia 'helped Yanukovych to flee'01:51
England's lost football grounds - part II
Have Jedis created a new 'religion'?
How to keep the tax man at bay when you pass it on
The hardship posting which may have inspired an English idiom
Picasso Museum in Paris reopens after a five-year renovation
Paul Merton advises how to make it as a comedian
Does a good cause justify little girls using bad language?
Unravelling the flocking habits of starlings
Walk on the Wild Side's bass line cost £17, and more nuggets
The week's big numbers visualised
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Iran hangs Reyhaneh Jabbari despite campaign
- Google's Alan Eustace beats Baumgartner's skydiving record
- England's lost football grounds - part II
- EU budget: Britain must pay 'and that's that' says MEP
- Cost of driving licence to be cut by up to 32%
- Johann Lamont resignation: Scottish Labour leader stands down immediately
- University of Nottingham students fined over sexist chants
- New York axe attack 'terrorist act by Muslim convert'
- West Belfast shooting: Man dies in hospital
- Ebola outbreak: Cases pass 10,000, WHO reports
Last Updated at 06:07 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7380.67||Up||12.73||0.17%|