Powers to exclude some British fighters returning from Syria and Iraq was an "announcement waiting for a policy", the independent reviewer of terrorism says.
- How terror bill will expand powers
- Can UK stop jihadists coming home?
- Powers aim to disrupt not prosecute
- New anti-terror powers to be unveiled
A former children's homes boss is found guilty of 26 charges of sexually abusing youngsters in Wrexham.
People with learning disabilities are being kept in hospitals too far from home for too long, a report commissioned by NHS England finds.
It would be "almost impossible" for internet firms to monitor all website postings for possible terrorist content, a former MI6 director says.
- Bus offers homeless chance to shower02:07
- Vlogger Chyaz on new ad rules02:20
- How to hack a molecular microscope01:55
- Can drones get water to stranded Joe?06:00
- What does Ukraine's future hold?02:42
- Sharp rise in 'revenge evictions'02:22
- Extreme adventurers adopt plucky dog01:27
- New life of grime for ex-police dog01:54
UK & Local News
Find a representative
- Outrage over illegal mile-long Essex tip02:02
- UKIP new boy heckled in Commons01:33
- Father's fight to bring autistic son home03:04
- Has HK protest reached stalemate?06:33
- 'I'll never stop missing my Breck'00:55
- X-ray reveals cat's gunshot wounds01:21
- Vloggers warned over unclear adverts02:44
- Angelina Jolie on directing Unbroken 02:11
Do the sets designed by Lego discourage imagination?
Can internet firms effectively monitor terrorists?
Six World War One battlegrounds in unexpected places
How militants trusted this man with their deepest secrets
Can younger women change our politics and influence the election?
Was a book by JB Priestley responsible for the stereotype?
What can be done to break cycle of poor reading and writing skills?
Should Opec cut production to boost prices?
- Ferguson shooting: Protests spread across US
- Concerns over terror exclusion plans
- John Allen trial: Former children's home boss guilty of 26 abuse charges
- Vloggers paid for promotions 'need clearer labelling'
- M1 Leicestershire crash: Man killed in eight-vehicle pile-up
- Thomas Cook chief resigns saying her work 'is complete'
- Tesco 'gifts for boys' sign removed after girl's complaint
- Six unexpected WW1 battlegrounds
- Has the imagination disappeared from Lego?
- Drunk honeymooner's death threats ground plane in Bermuda
Last Updated at 08:48 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7869.92||Down||-15.27||-0.19%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Is it ok to sacrifice one life in order to save many?