EU finance ministers agree to David Cameron's call for emergency talks after the UK is told it must pay an extra £1.7bn.
One million doses of an Ebola vaccine will be produced by the end of 2015, the World Health Organization has announced.
Asda, the UK's second largest retailer, is facing a mass legal action over equal pay by women who work in their stores.
The economy expanded at a slower pace in in the three months to 30 September following a 0.9% rise in the second quarter, the ONS said.
The Metropolitan Police is to pay £425,000 to a woman whose child was fathered by a man she did not know was an undercover police officer.
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Could amputees re-grow lost limbs?03:06
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:59
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
- Too many train announcements?03:18
- 'Religion made me a better player'03:08
- Guarding polio workers in Pakistan02:51
- Cliff Richard police raid 'inept'01:32
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:52
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Mums on 'diabolical' holiday fines01:10
- Crossbow bolt shot dog recovering00:55
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Could you switch off all your devices for 25 hours?
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Leicester's Golden Mile lights up for Diwali celebrations
A journey across a Ukraine wracked by conflict
His paintings sell for £50k. Yet Sargy Mann is totally blind
How to solve brain-teasers by one of the greatest maths minds
The surprising reasons why UK owes more to Europe
- EU agrees to budget talks after £1.7bn cash demand on UK
- Liverpool rape: Boy, 12, and girl, 15 among 11 people arrested
- Rubber bullets used on Everton 'rioters' in Lille, say police
- One million Ebola vaccine doses by end of 2015
- 'Scrap ban' on term-time holidays
- British woman dies at Thai cosmetic surgery clinic
- Met pays £425,000 to mother of undercover policeman's child
- The day UFOs stopped play
- Shabbat UK: Digital detox call for the Sabbath
- Scotland to reduce drink-drive limit
Last Updated at 08:42 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7363.48||Down||-4.46||-0.06%|