President Francois Hollande signs into law a controversial bill making France the ninth in Europe, and 14th globally, to legalise gay marriage.
The prospect of a deep sea "gold rush" opening a controversial new frontier for mining on the ocean floor has moved a step closer.
- Violence after Spanish Cup Final02:00
- Would-be robber struck by bus01:00
- City lit up after 20 years in dark02:26
- Inquiry urged into Russian spy death01:00
- Many hurt in train crash near NYC01:14
- Bus rescuing gay activists attacked01:15
- Thieves swoop in Cannes jewel heist01:24
- Chile coast littered with dead animals01:40
Other Top Stories
The US chides Russia for what it calls an "unfortunate decision" to send missiles to the Syrian government, saying it will prolong the suffering.
About 60 people have been injured, five critically, after a head-on, rush-hour collision between two commuter trains near New York, officials say.
- Is Japan's green tea blossoming?02:03
- Ghana students aim for orbit 'by 2016'01:47
- The best place to see the stars
- One-minute World News00:58
- Can this army take on Boko Haram?01:49
- Need to Know: Iran's leadership02:20
- Inside factory making humanoid robots04:02
- Turkey's 'Italian' makeover underway02:46
How US version of The Office reflected on America - and UK
What happened when an Italian mafia boss handed himself in
Argentina grapples with legacy of late military leader Videla
What happened to the acts that hit the pinnacle of Europop?
What do ex-convicts books reveal about life inside?
The propaganda power of posters
The country with the most cat owners - and other nuggets
- Dozens injured in US train crash
- Russia reveals CIA chief's identity
- Deep sea 'gold rush' moves closer
- Hollande to sign gay marriage bill
- US criticises Russia over missiles
- Murder in Mayfield
- Afghan MPs to debate women's rights
- Contactless 'charging errors' at M&S
- Mafia boss gives himself up
- In pictures: Raw power of the Sun
A profile of Romario - Brazilian football's bad-boy who became an outspoken politician
Kate Russell looks at a site which celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission