EU migration has "blown off course" the UK's target to cut net migration to the tens of thousands, the home secretary says.
Claims of historic sexual abuse that have emerged are the "tip of the iceberg", Home Secretary Theresa May says.
A law forcing communications firms to keep details that could help identify criminals using the internet is being planned by the home secretary.
- Sold and beaten: India's slave brides02:52
- Knox-Johnston 'not abandoning sailing'03:26
- Bonneville: Bears, Obamas and the BBC05:52
- Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory'03:13
- Travelling through the Ebola heartland03:26
- Iraq village caught between two sides02:33
- Living in a box to learn about autism03:51
- England's blind cricket World Cup bid01:54
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain00:46
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- Charing Cross reopens after train fire00:30
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- 'Stop radicalisation before it happens'03:33
- Kabul attack 'one of worst this year'02:37
- Tributes paid to Alan Henning 01:26
- Mental health services 'under strain'01:27
What is the real meaning of Mongol?
On a journey charting the impact of the disease
Are food foragers 'annoying' or unfairly maligned?
My family was deported while I was at school
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children against polio
The best reads you need to catch up on
The retreat that has hosted Indian pilgrims since the Crusades
The writer who foresaw the rise of the totalitarian state
The dangerous beauty of the Himalayas
Trends of the past week, relived in 60 seconds
- Complaints close Christmas Magical Journey attraction
- Plane makes second unplanned landing in three days
- Man injured in 'horrific' attack in Edinburgh
- Bomber 'kills 45' at Afghanistan volleyball match
- Band Aid 30 single storms to number one
- Immigration target unlikely to be met, says Theresa May
- Coventry smash 'splits family's car in two'
- London's Charing Cross reopens after fire on train
- Gordon Brown 'to stand down' as MP at general election
- Bin lorry driver dies after South Queensferry pier crash
Last Updated at 16:02 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|