James Gandolfini, the US actor best known for his role as a therapy-seeking mob boss in The Sopranos, dies at the age of 51.
Speaking at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate, President Barack Obama calls for reductions to be made in US and Russian nuclear stockpiles.
- Obama visits Brandenburg Gate02:13
- Violent protests mar Brazil match 01:54
- Fed maintains pace of asset purchase02:04
- Dolce and Gabbana sentenced to jail01:22
- Toxic isotope found in Fukushima water01:47
- 'We've received no food or tents' 01:28
- Afghan MP: 'We must lead peace talks'03:35
- Testing out battle kit of the future02:11
Other Top Stories
Microsoft backtracks on controversial plans to impose strict restrictions on the playing and trading of games on its upcoming Xbox One console.
World tennis number one Serena Williams apologises after reportedly appearing to criticise the victim in a high-profile US rape case.
- Details of royal baby plans02:51
- US camera pioneers' work goes on display02:09
- Is China keeping economy afloat?01:35
- 'Made in Peru' World Cup shirts 01:44
- One-minute World News01:00
- 'You don't know how much I miss my son'02:33
- Obama girls join Bono for pub lunch01:12
- Lourdes evacuated after flash floods01:04
Readers' tipping nightmares and fairytales
The Greeks who want to bring back Zeus
Will China's new middle class spend its way to dominance?
Has the fighter pilot had his day?
Syria conflict threatens delicate peace in next-door Lebanon
Should action be taken against Tor and other ID-hiding tech?
Possible models for intervention as West mulls action in Syria
The air force pilot who took her daughter on missions
The strange linguistic legacy of the telegram
Fears for author of 'I'm Queer' blogpost
Russia falls again for eggs once despised as tsar’s playthings
The 100-year-old law still dividing South Africa BBC History
- Sopranos actor James Gandolfini dies
- Serena sorry for quotes on US rape
- Dolce and Gabbana sentenced to jail
- Microsoft U-turn in Xbox games row
- Two held in US 'X-ray terror plot'
- UN condemns 'despicable' Somali raid
- FBI uses surveillance drones in US
- The Greeks who worship the ancient gods
- Radcliffe's Cripple enchants critics
- Obama calls for nuclear arsenal cuts
What impact will a new global middle class have on consumption and resources?
Elsewhere on the BBC
With global cities swelling, how will our systems cope and adapt in the future?