The bidding process for licences to extract shale gas - using the controversial process fracking - will begin later, the government announces.
- NW shale gas reserves 'worth £10bn'
- Study maps fracking methane risk
- Scottish shale gas reserves 'modest'
- New fracking land rules proposed
- Shale industry faces reality check
- Q&A: What is fracking?
Ministers are "turning their backs" on victims of domestic violence, shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper will say in a speech later.
Thousands of passport workers are due to strike later over staffing and pay, with the government saying it could threaten people's holidays.
Councils should show where they are spending the money they raise on parking fees as motorists see higher charges, says the RAC.
- Cyclist proposes at Commonwealths02:29
- Amazing rally delights Glasgow crowd 01:06
- Australian Shelley wins marathon gold04:13
- Awkward early entrance for netballer00:49
- Gemili fastest in 100m heats01:43
- Adlington's tears as Peaty wins gold02:21
- Smith celebrates gold with back flip00:45
- Sherrington wins sixth Scottish judo gold01:18
- Halsall breaks record to win 50m gold01:46
- Commonwealths important to me - Bolt02:01
- Tearful 15-year-old loses epic match02:48
- Athletes' 10-day journey to Games01:50
- Scottish duo win tandem time trial02:46
- Golden day for Scotland in games01:55
- Kenny's double shock for sprint rival03:24
- Fitzgerald lands first boxing KO01:02
- Halsall through with Games record01:33
- Boxer to compete in fourth fight... ever
- No OAPs allowed: New spin on bowls02:09
- Wiggins 'done with cut-throat road'05:02
- Murdoch stuns Jamieson in pool02:28
- 'Unusual' table tennis celebrations01:15
- Sisters win gold... one after other02:46
- Miley earns gold after stunning swim03:10
- 'Historic' Welsh silver in gymnastics02:14
Both the Times and the Sun lead with stories about overstretched services in the NHS, and the Mail says Britons are being fleeced by rogue parking firms..
- Children of Syria: Daad's story
- The facts about global travel02:00
- Dog friendly buses in Hong Kong01:02
- Dust to dust: Power station demolished01:33
- Honour for 101-year-old weatherman01:36
- Quick-thinking mother saves baby00:23
- Wildfire in California forces evacuations00:32
- All sizes, all ages: Hundreds join flotilla05:20
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Heavy fighting in eastern Ukraine01:57
- Lightning strikes crowd on beach00:56
- Dozens killed in Libya clashes01:13
- Costa Concordia ends final voyage 02:10
- Ukrainian refugees 'just want to survive'02:27
- Syria's ancient heritage under fire 02:25
- Fear and suspicion as Ebola death toll rises01:38
- Air Algerie bodies to be brought to France01:31
Lyse Doucet on the plight of children in Syria and Gaza
Heads stuck in banisters - the official statistics
Why two Spanish sisters started a bakery in the desert
Sharp falls in China's property market
The Grand Prix that had it all BBC Sport
Poetry and ViewMaster show targets audience of one
How the sun can damage sight as well as skin
The hidden dangers of a walk in the English countryside
Photographer captures Olympic Park from above
- Japanese girl 'dismembers classmate'
- Nestle logo permitted 'in error'
- Country lane shooting victim named
- Marvel announce Guardians sequel
- Sweden's rape rate under the spotlight
- Perils of the English countryside
- NHS 'at breaking point', and the 'parking cowboys' - the papers
- MH17 military mission 'unrealistic'
- Nazi statue originally from space
- Passport workers set to strike
Last Updated at 00:12 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7181.77||Up||0.35||0.01%|