President Obama defends the use of drones as a "just war" of self-defence against deadly militants, and a campaign that has made America safer.
- Obama's selective disclosure
- Mardell: A promise without a path
- Legal case revealed
- The cost of secret drone war
The Boy Scouts of America organisation votes to accept openly gay scouts, after a divisive campaign pitting liberals against some religious groups.
- Burning US railroad bridge collapses00:32
- Obama heckled over Guantanamo Bay01:30
- UN brigade to 'enforce peace' in Congo02:30
- Second jewel theft at Cannes festival01:27
- Schools set alight in Stockholm violence 01:43
- 80-year-old claims new Everest record02:18
- Black bear roams Los Angeles suburb00:51
- King wins first female Gershwin prize01:42
Other Top Stories
Part of a road bridge has collapsed into the Skagit River in the US state of Washington sending vehicles into the water, officials say.
Suicide bombers target a military camp and a French-run uranium mine in north-western Niger leaving at least 20 people dead, officials say.
South African rapper determined to prove Afrikaans is "cool"
The English phrases readers love to hear spoken by the French
Obama brings drone programme out of the shadows - but just a bit
Muslim leaders take trip to Nazi concentration camps
How German football reinvented itself BBC Sport
The search for continental unity, 50 years on
India cricket fans distraught over IPL fixing claims
- US road bridge 'falls into river'
- Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- Stockholm riots spread around city
- Genetics of white tigers pinpointed
- Cockroaches evolving to evade traps
- Standing up for drones
- Germany tops BBC country image poll
- Obama defends 'just' drones war
- WHO urges sharing over coronavirus
- Dog years: The calculator