David Cameron says he will take part in only one TV debate ahead of the general election featuring seven party leaders, amid a growing row over the issue.
- Politics Live - 4 March
- Miliband will debate 'any time'
- How to stage a seven-leader debate
- Seven-party TV debate plan announced
The Conservatives are considering limiting child benefit to three children, which could save £300m a year in the long term, BBC Newsnight learns.
The Serious Fraud Office is investigating liquidity auctions held by the Bank of England during the financial crisis, the Bank says.
- The greatest threat to China's elephants02:28
- Ford's white van with built-in bike02:04
- Binoche returns to London stage02:02
- Miners and BBC reporter 30 years on02:56
- The robot that can play the violin01:20
- Can Poldark recapture glory days?02:30
- Steggy Sophie was 'weight of rhino'08:00
- Tourists flock to Japan's Cat Island00:51
Live radio and text commentary as Scotland eye a first World Cup win after Kyle Coetzer makes 156 in their 318-8 against Bangladesh.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, as MPs debate the NI Corporation Tax Bill.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Pakistan's elite female fighting force02:46
- MI5 'followed Abid Naseer for weeks'02:10
- Jawbone 'provides clue to first human'01:57
- Becky's uncle: 'End of a beautiful life'02:02
- Cape Town wildfires from above01:54
- Mine survivor: 'There was dust everywhere'02:14
- Prince's call to end ivory trade02:03
- Plane left nose-down on Nepal runway00:27
Where did the word 'hustings' come from?
How Iran's revolution let a feminist genie out of its bottle
What lies behind Nobel Peace chairman's demotion?
The curious case of Leah Palmer - and why she doesn't exist
When the state dictated the look of dresses
Military budget boost comes with shake-up
Is wind power now coming of age?
Why does famous Selma bridge bear name of a KKK leader?
Why are there so few disabled models on the catwalk?
- US ambassador to South Korea injured by knife-wielding attacker
- Election 2015: Cameron agrees to just one TV debate
- Tories consider limiting child benefit to three children
- Bank of England liquidity auctions probed by fraud office
- Who's that girl? The curious case of Leah Palmer
- Hillary Clinton's emails subpoenaed by Benghazi attack committee
- UK bomb plot suspect Abid Naseer found guilty
- How Iran's feminist genie escaped
- Wind turbines take to the skies to seek out more power
- Newspaper headlines: PM's TV debate 'ultimatum' and Becky Watts murder charge
Last Updated at 23:15 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8003.01||Down||-0.50||-0.01%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
The Large Hadron Collider is gearing up for its revamped second run, and its physicists want this next round of collisions to shake their discipline to its core.