An Islamic State video purporting to show the beheading of Steven Sotloff, a US journalist abducted by the group, is released.
The parents of Ashya King are released from prison in Spain after UK prosecutors withdrew a European arrest warrant.
US President Barack Obama arrives in Estonia for talks with regional leaders amid growing concern over Russia's intervention in Ukraine.
The UK edges up the World Economic Forum's worldwide rankings, but the group warns that the health of the global economy is at risk.
- Moment Ashya's parents released00:51
- 'This should never have happened'02:37
- Care homes: Views from the inside04:54
- Beslan school siege: Ten years on02:40
- No more Latinate plant descriptions04:09
- Tornado sweeps children away in tent01:44
- Apple: Celebrity accounts hacked01:49
- Locals divided on Heathrow expansion01:04
UK & Local News
The government is urged to expedite its child abuse inquiry following the Rotherham scandal.
Find a representative
- Escaped Ebola patient recaptured01:48
- Video shows Ukraine soldiers 'abuse'02:30
- Volcano continues fiery eruption00:49
- Ashya parents 'just want to see him'01:59
- BBC 'acted properly' over Cliff02:22
- Met Police sells London HQ for £250m02:13
- 'Boris Island' airport plan rejected02:28
- The most future-proof profession?01:32
An extraordinary childhood growing up in a zoo
Nato's role in making the Afghan army sustainable
The homes where you can live under the sea
What does it take to be a snail farmer?
The fast food items you've never heard of
Horizon meets the pioneer of anti-surveillance web tech
Would you like larvae to eat your infected flesh?
The man who filmed the beginning of World War Two
Why do people associate the Caribbean with paradise?
Cockatoos teach each other to use tools
Referendum race 'may just have got tighter'
- Dog lead mother jailed after appeal
- How to find fast food menu secrets
- UK in £3.5bn armoured vehicle deal
- Calais mayor threatens to block port
- Islamic State 'beheads US hostage'
- DNA overturns 30-year US convictions
- Gary Barlow 'settling tax affairs'
- The Queen finds selfies 'strange'
- UK moves up global economic ranking
- Islamic State holding British captive
Last Updated at 03:00 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7434.84||Up||16.11||0.22%|