Violent crime is continuing to fall in England and Wales, according to a major annual project examining injury data gathered from NHS hospitals.
- UK 'becoming a more peaceful place'
- Did removing lead from petrol spark fall in crime?
- Violent deaths fall to record low
- Violence injuries 'down 14% in 2012'
One person is arrested after three children are found dead at an address in south London.
Campaigners urge pharmaceutical giant Roche to lower the cost of a pioneering breast cancer drug as the NHS prepares to rejects its use on price grounds.
The UK is a Christian country and those who deny it are "deluding themselves" and ignoring "reality", say two senior Conservative MPs.
- Ukraine family's hopes for a normal life02:40
- Money on wheels: Banking goes mobile 01:27
- Hands-on with Microsoft's Cortana03:30
- Navy-obsessed China man's model carrier02:23
- Footage from inside Nigeria kidnap school01:54
- 'I tried to save people' - Ferry survivor01:09
- Obama visits mudslide survivors01:24
- Spacey docu lifts lid on stage actors03:18
Chelsea hold Atletico Madrid to a goalless draw in Spain to leave their two-legged Champions League semi-final evenly poised.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- DJ Duke: Will and Kate hit the decks00:58
- 'Mumbly' Jamaica Inn sparks complaints01:30
- Dancer death prompts Rio clashes00:51
- Moment leopard on loose leapt out of roof00:35
- Farage pressed over German wife's job02:01
- Al-Jazeera trial sees video evidence 03:34
- Sloviansk mourns pro-Russian activists01:47
- Fans worldwide react to Moyes' sacking02:15
What links this Travelodge and the Bard?
Enter the world of the super-tutor
Why St George is a hero on the West Bank
Meet the Brazilian pensioners who live for the big wave
How does the ex-Man Utd boss rank in club records?
Politicians and their tricky relationship with faith
Everest guides demand better pay as avalanche reveals bitter divide
Coins with Putin's face mark Crimea takeover - and other tales
- Three children found dead in London
- 'Irresponsible' holiday ad banned
- TV actor cleared of raping teenager
- Mystery of 'ocean quacks' solved
- UK non-Christian claims 'absurd'
- Jamaica Inn hit by 'sound issues'
- Blair warns West over radical Islam
- Dancer's death sparks Rio clashes
- Adams 'gave IRA bomb orders' - claim
- Miliband: Middle class facing crisis
Last Updated at 02:43 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6969.95||Up||5.72||0.08%|