Scottish Labour Party leader Johann Lamont resigns with immediate effect after accusing the UK party of treating Scotland like a "branch office".
- Brian Taylor on Lamont's isolation
- Who might replace Johann Lamont?
- The Johann Lamont story
- Scots Labour in 'meltdown' says SNP
- Ex-first ministers hit out at Labour
Jack Bruce, bassist from 1960s band Cream, has died aged 71, his publicist confirms
The number of cases in the Ebola outbreak passes 10,000, with 4,922 deaths, the World Health Organization's latest report says.
Iran defies an international campaign and hangs a woman who killed a man she said was trying to sexually abuse her.
- Paris's Picasso museum reopens02:37
- Using Facebook to get a pay rise02:14
- Learning how to leap around a city02:44
- Does rugby union have a doping issue?02:18
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- Speed racing on city ring-road 01:32
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:56
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Record skydive from the edge of space01:29
- Gun battles on streets of Lebanon01:10
- What was killed UK man doing in Syria?05:57
- Roads become rivers: Floods shock Athens01:20
- US school shooting opens wounds01:00
- Man starts fire at petrol station01:20
- Sargy Mann: 25 years of painting blind04:34
- 'Putin is a bigger threat than IS'04:21
England's lost football grounds - part II
Have Jedis created a new 'religion'?
How to keep the tax man at bay when you pass it on
The hardship posting which may have inspired an English idiom
Picasso Museum in Paris reopens after a five-year renovation
Paul Merton advises how to make it as a comedian
Does a good cause justify little girls using bad language?
Unravelling the flocking habits of starlings
Walk on the Wild Side's bass line cost £17, and more nuggets
The week's big numbers visualised
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Fourth Portsmouth man Mehdi Hassan killed in Syria
- Iran hangs Reyhaneh Jabbari despite campaign
- EU budget: Britain must pay 'and that's that' says MEP
- Cost of driving licence to be cut by up to 32%
- Police hunt for missing sex offender Leanne Gilder
- Johann Lamont resignation: Scottish Labour leader stands down immediately
- Ebola outbreak: Cases pass 10,000, WHO reports
- West Belfast shooting: Man dies in hospital
- England's lost football grounds - part II
- Former first ministers Jack McConnell and Henry McLeish hit out at Labour
Last Updated at 11:15 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7380.67||Up||12.73||0.17%|