The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- NHS five-year plan 'packs a punch'
- How one hospital copes with change
- NHS plan: Five things we've learned
- Fears raised 'free NHS' will end
- Experts in NHS funding debate call
- Give NHS more cash, say MPs
Police killer Harry Roberts is to be released from prison after more than 45 years, after a decision by the Parole Board.
Tesco chairman Sir Richard Broadbent will leave the firm after the company announced a bigger-than-forecast hole in its profits.
Lloyds Banking Group is planning to cut around 9,000 jobs - around a tenth of its entire workforce - over the next three years, the BBC understands.
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'04:57
- Can King Khan top Diwali box office?02:23
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'01:46
- Oscar buzz for 'Birdman' Keaton04:04
- US: 'Britain will support IS strategy'02:22
- Rapist Evans in video statement 02:11
- Orphan baby elephant rescued from well00:53
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Shots fired inside Canada parliament00:51
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
Australian photographer explores Greenland's vast ice sheet
Do you care where your chicken comes from?
How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
Some US seniors are still paying off student loans
Fans recall Nirvana's first UK gig 25 years on
Renting your own room for a power nap
Will coal exports kill the Great Barrier Reef?
Indians celebrate Diwali, the biggest Hindu festival
Getting to university after spinal surgery
- Ottawa shootings: Canada not intimidated - PM Harper
- Police killer Harry Roberts to be freed
- Tesco boss Sir Richard Broadbent to quit over profits error
- 'Fake' Chelsea footballer jailed for posing as Gael Kakuta
- NHS needs extra cash and overhaul, say health bosses
- How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
- Man makes marriage proposal in police car
- Tesco: What should it do next?
- Lloyds expected to cut 9,000 jobs
- Poppy Appeal opens with all-day Cenotaph vigil
Last Updated at 02:36 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7318.91||Down||-6.85||-0.09%|