A decision to suspend a deal on closer EU ties and sign a Russian aid agreement instead helped Ukraine avoid bankruptcy, PM Mykola Azarov says.
- Russia's battle for Ukraine
- What is behind protests?
- Eastern Ukrainian doubts
- Klitschko gives up boxing for politics
- Yanukovych and the tycoons
Former South Sudan vice president Riek Machar rejects government accusations that he tried to stage a coup, amid ongoing fighting.
- The odds of winning US lottery01:14
- Stolen Stradivarius violin to be sold03:06
- Lottery winner's $40m giveaway00:44
- Man tries to trade alligator for beer00:41
- Freak waves end Atlantic rowing bid00:59
- N Korea mourner 'I miss dear leader'01:55
- Ukraine deal over Russian gas01:56
- Matthew Perry on why drug courts work06:28
Other Top Stories
The family of UK doctor Abbas Khan can send team to Damascus to investigate his death, the Syrian government tells the BBC.
Outraged Indian MPs demand action against the US after the arrest and alleged ill-treatment of one of its diplomats in New York last week.
- Secret footage of 'migrant mistreatment'01:32
- Chemical weapon 'removal delay'02:05
- US senator: Ukraine better with West03:40
- One-minute World News01:01
- Yemeni women still struggling for change03:15
- Were the Arab uprisings successful?00:58
- Mandela tops Google trending searches02:18
- Spectacular view of volcano eruption01:07
How does a 'free' game make so much money?
How decoding a picture of North Korea elite shows power shift
Change comes slowly to women of Yemen's Arab Spring
Swiss to vote on a guaranteed income for all residents
How to count wild tigers - and more News from Elsewhere
How Zimbabwe farmers are benefiting from cattle collateral
Twenty-four hours of news photos from around the world
- Great Train robber Ronnie Biggs dies
- Facebook tourist walks off pier
- Lawrence attacks weight commentators
- India MPs' fury at envoy's US arrest
- China confirms US warship incident
- What a picture says about power in North Korea
- Police chiefs 'sacked' in Turkey
- America's new Irish immigrants
- US lotto jackpot nears all-time high
- Apple-a-day call for all over-50s
Last Updated at 06:18 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6978.64||Down||-22.09||-0.32%|
The Texan women fighting revenge porn sites after naked pictures of themselves went online