At least one person is dead and another injured after Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo space tourism craft crashes in California.
Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga fighters cross the Turkish border to help defend the Syrian town of Kobane from Islamic State militants.
The Foreign Office warns British travellers they could be targeted by terrorists seeking revenge for UK air strikes against Islamic State militants.
- Fiona Woolf steps down: Full interview10:09
- On board Knox-Johnston's yacht02:15
- Poppy hijab for Remembrance02:08
- The real-life Winnie the Pooh02:35
- The dancers who light up the stage03:41
- Inside a haunted house in Louisiana02:38
- Sixty years of British animation03:18
- Lab for world’s worst animal viruses03:34
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- They drank equivalent of how many burgers?02:54
- Baby pandas wrestle with their keeper01:39
- The mystery drones over nuclear sites01:33
- The makeshift 'protection' for Ebola02:31
- Junior doctor admits child sex abuse02:26
- 'Rage on the streets' in Burkina Faso01:37
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
- Wine vs doughnut: The calories in booze01:39
The official whose over-familiar letters infuriated his boss
Why do wives take a man's name after marriage?
Scratching really does make things itch, and other nuggets
Are Corsica's days of mafia and militants over?
Zebra crossings to bus stations: unusual listed buildings
Movember turns its attention to men's mental health
Relatives of those killed in Britain's first naval defeat of World War One pay tribute in Chile
The blind maestro leading an all-blind orchestra
The week in numbers with our Go Figure images
The students educated in British schools but denied student loans
- Virgin Galactic spacecraft crash kills one
- Police cautions 'to be scrapped' in England and Wales
- Elected senate would replace House of Lords under Labour
- Man killed in shooting at Manchester Food Traders
- UK travellers warned of increased global terror threat
- Why should women change their names on getting married?
- Are Corsica's militants and mafia a thing of the past?
- Newspaper headlines: Virgin Galactic crash, Fiona Woolf resigns
- BBC refuses to make Top Gear apology over Argentina row
- Syria IS: Iraq Peshmerga fighters 'cross into Kobane'
Last Updated at 21:43 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7578.13||Up||76.11||1.01%|