The police and security services should get new powers to defend the UK from a terror threat "perhaps greater than it has ever been", the home secretary says.
- The challenge of unmasking net users
- How serious is IS threat to the UK?
- Is it right to pay ransoms?
- Can UK stop jihadists coming home?
The deadline for a nuclear deal with Iran is extended to the end of June after talks in Vienna failed to reach a comprehensive agreement.
The Duke of Cambridge is to visit China in 2015 after an invitation from the Chinese government, the BBC understands.
- My wife fell for one of her students
- Looted 'Nazi art' to be returned01:44
- Volcano erupts on Cape Verde island00:39
- Israel: 'Don't give Iran atomic bombs'01:48
- Blind newsreader: How I deliver news
- On the hunt for warlord Joseph Kony02:36
- NHS pay: Staff morale is 'dreadful'02:20
- Travelling through the Ebola heartland03:26
Premier League reaction, Champions League news, Lewis Hamilton latest, best of social media and what's gone wrong at Liverpool?
UK & Local News
Find a representative
- Man's 20-year fake identity02:09
- Stunning one-handed NFL catch00:46
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain01:53
- US police kill boy carrying fake gun01:21
- First Italian woman arrives at ISS02:02
- Dad got 'Jihadi' son back from Syria
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- UK men join Syria fight against IS01:40
The couple who helped Tesco change the way many of us shop
One woman's journey from a village to death in the big city
How easy is it to fly Britain's next-gen fighter jet?
What has the impact of the protest movement been?
How did a baby survive for five days in a drain?
Countries with the most shocking photos on cigarette boxes
Maid child abuse shocks Uganda
A teenager who was groomed in Yorkshire tells her story
- BT and Telefonica in 'preliminary' talks over O2 deal
- Terrorism laws: 'Time is right' for new police powers
- US defence secretary Chuck Hagel to step down
- Top Gear: Argentina makes formal complaint to the BBC
- Google case over online abuse settled
- Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen vows action on Christmas park complaints
- #BBCtrending: Video of nanny abusing toddler shocks Uganda
- Body believed to be missing teenager Sarah Smith
- The couple who helped transform the way we shop
- Who, What, Why: How can a baby survive in a storm drain?
Last Updated at 12:27 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7912.24||Down||-4.91||-0.06%|