The UK's spending watchdog criticises ministers for failing to deport more foreign national offenders - saying performance has barely improved over eight years.
- Tory immigration rebels defeated
- May: Deport criminals before appeal
- 5,000 criminals avoid deportation
A British man is found dead with his hands tied and throat cut on the Indonesian island of Bali, the British embassy in Jakarta says.
Paul Cantlie, the father of Islamic State hostage John Cantlie, has died, less than two weeks after making a plea for his son to be released.
- Near miss as part of stadium collapses00:30
- Botched air drop gives weapons to IS00:23
- 'I've been looking forward to getting out'01:25
- Rough landings in UK high winds01:22
- Sweden searches for 'mystery sub' in bay01:44
- Making sure war dead live on in memory02:35
- Paralysed man walks after cell surgery02:57
- Norton: I wish I was more rebellious04:18
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Ebola: The doctors risking their lives01:53
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Storm leaves one dead and four hurt01:58
- Oscar Pistorius begins jail sentence03:08
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex01:18
- Pooley's parents support his return04:55
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
How a government minister sought relief for a country in crisis
How organic, vegan gingerbread 'people' divided online opinion
Spy chief's parting warning on online privacy
Activists discuss Hong Kong protests over champagne
- British man found dead with throat cut in Bali
- Homebase to accelerate store closures
- Islamic State: US probes 'stray Syria air drop' in IS video
- GPs to be paid £55 for each dementia diagnosis
- Wind farms outstrip nuclear power
- Paul Cantlie, father of Islamic State hostage, dies
- UK drones: Concern over increase in use
- Debt campaigners tear up student loans
- How safe is mouldy food to eat?
- Newspaper review: Dementia cash, coma conman, and Pistorius jailed
Last Updated at 03:56 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7311.56||Up||34.69||0.48%|