A report into the killing of Fusilier Lee Rigby is set to criticise MI5 over its monitoring of one of the killers, but will add that the security service could not have prevented his death, the BBC understands.
The brain has a weak spot for Alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia, according to experts who have pinpointed the region using scans.
The police and security services should get new powers to defend the UK from a terror threat "perhaps greater than it has ever been", the home secretary says.
- 'End of life care needs more effort'06:13
- How world is watching Iran's nuclear plants03:07
- Lewis Hamilton's season in numbers01:14
- My wife fell for one of her students
- Volcano erupts on Cape Verde island00:39
- Israel: 'Don't give Iran atomic bombs'01:48
- Looted 'Nazi art' to be returned01:44
- Blind newsreader: How I deliver news
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Monday in the Commons, including scrutiny of the Recall of MPs Bill.
Find a representative
- Christmas attraction leaves visitors cold01:49
- Man's 20-year fake identity01:59
- Stunning one-handed NFL catch00:46
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain01:53
- US police kill boy carrying fake gun01:41
- First Italian woman arrives at ISS02:02
- Dad got 'Jihadi' son back from Syria
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
The couple who helped Tesco change the way many of us shop
One woman's journey from a village to death in the big city
How easy is it to fly Britain's next-gen fighter jet?
What has the impact of the protest movement been?
How did a baby survive for five days in a drain?
Countries with the most shocking photos on cigarette boxes
Maid child abuse shocks Uganda
A teenager who was groomed in Yorkshire tells her story
- Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson jury reaches verdict
- Review into Gwynedd school sex education rape case
- MI5 'set for criticism' over Lee Rigby murder
- #BBCtrending: Video of nanny abusing toddler shocks Uganda
- Unionists condemn Gerry Adams use of swear word
- RBS 'wanted critic Tomlinson's mortgage back'
- The couple who helped transform the way we shop
- Arsenal vs Manchester United 'missile': Man arrested
- The battle for control of the cigarette packet
- Brain's dementia weak spot identified
Last Updated at 19:28 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7912.24||Down||-4.91||-0.06%|