People in Scotland will vote later on whether the country should stay in the UK or become an independent nation.
British Muslim leaders call for the immediate release of Alan Henning, the UK hostage threatened with death by Islamic State extremists in Syria.
Other Top Stories
The US House of Representatives approves President Barack Obama's plan to train and arm the moderate Syrian opposition taking on Islamic State.
Islamic extremism in the Middle East and the Rotherham abuse scandal are fuelling a UK far-right backlash, a Home Office adviser claims.
- 'Why I volunteered for trial Ebola vaccine'01:40
- South-west US hit by extreme weather02:01
- Bomb squad descend on war ammo garage02:03
- Lift-off for new US 'space taxis'01:48
- National Gallery in the picture 04:03
- Agente provocatrice 'Fifi' used in WW203:10
- 'I found migrant under my campervan'01:58
- Ebola: The scale of the challenge01:17
UK & Local News
Tory MP John Baron asks an urgent question on the government's response to Islamic State.
Find a representative
- Video shows Henning before capture02:42
- Australia's biggest anti-terror raid01:42
- Thai murder police to quiz Britons 01:46
- Alice Gross search: Hunt for man02:17
- Clashes in Brazil following eviction01:29
- Examining a rare colossal squid02:35
- Helicopter crashes off Yorkshire coast01:19
- Cancer teen's mum: 'He touched so many'01:54
Survivors tell the story of Nairobi's Westgate siege
How will we shop in 2020?
Can blind people see in their dreams?
The North American farmers who have started to plant wasabi
The artists helping mourners remember lost loved ones
The pitfalls of living in one of America’s most desirable cities
- Young people 'nothing to live for'
- NFL rocked by new violence arrest
- Australia launches anti-terror raids
- Organ donation soars since 2008
- IS 'fuelling UK far-right backlash'
- Armstrong to voice new Danger Mouse
- Scottish independence: Decision day
- Farming 'the hardest plant to grow'
- Frail Pope Benedict to step down
- Europeans drawn from three 'tribes'
Last Updated at 00:51 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7494.28||Up||14.83||0.20%|