The UK is to cut from six to three months the amount of time out-of-work EU migrants can claim benefits without realistic job prospects.
- 'Lax labour checks' risk to workers
- Net migration target achievable - PM
- Income limit for EU migrant benefits
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu warns of a "prolonged" military campaign in Gaza, amid one of the most intense nights of shelling in the conflict.
Russia has violated an arms treaty by testing a nuclear cruise missile, the US says, as Barack Obama discusses sanctions on Russia over the Ukraine crisis.
NHS privatisation is "being forced through at pace and scale", and should be halted until the general election, says Labour's shadow health secretary.
Former members of Lostprophets say they originally hoped child abuse reports about singer Ian Watkins were a "mistake" and now want to move forward. Newsbeat
- 'Prince Harry said no to selfie'00:47
- Okagbare wins women's 100m gold00:59
- Gemili claims men's 100m silver03:21
- Meet the 13-year-old swimming medallist01:32
- Extraordinary 59-shot badminton rally01:31
- Matthew beats Willstrop for gold01:19
- Taylor's amazing comeback for gold01:48
- Carlin wins historic swimming gold02:59
- Hitchon wins bronze in hammer 02:18
- Royals attend gymnastics session00:43
- Swimmer picks wrong lane in heat00:45
- Incredible 41-shot rally in table tennis01:06
- Decathlete false starts twice in 100m02:42
- Australian Shelley wins marathon gold04:13
- Cyclist proposes at Games02:29
- Halsall earns second gold medal 01:34
Tuesday's papers are full of Bank of England governor Mark Carney's angry words at financiers found guilty of rigging interest rates, and the Times has potential bad news for some drivers.
- Car crashes into crowd at cruise event02:23
- Children go out to celebrate Eid01:11
- Turkish PM scores football hat-trick00:34
- Mine 'could threaten Barrier Reef'01:31
- Red Arrows and wing walkers wow crowds01:34
- Help for Heroes fraudster 'humbled'01:42
- Assisted dying: 'On Saturday I shall die'06:36
- 'Training' issue over smoke scare Tube02:26
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Are we safe to fly over warzones?04:20
- Stormy weather disrupts heatwave01:49
- Tense West Bank watches Gaza02:33
- Ebola: Border crossings to close01:34
- 'Steroids made my sperm count zero'03:31
- 'Giant bolt' hits LA beach goers 01:41
- Amateur video of Sussex storms01:06
- Ukraine troops close in on MH17 site01:57
The 298 men, women and children who perished
The prisoners who grew 33,000 lettuces
The family agreement that can tear happy couples apart
Gabriel Prokofiev debuts WW1 concerto
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry enjoy Games
The Chinese doctors who say they can 'cure' homosexuality
Fifty years of data about endangered primates goes online
The summer movies criticising US drone policies
- Band 'didn't believe' Watkins abuse
- Vet struck off over animal sex
- US: Russia 'violated missile treaty'
- Migrant benefits to be tightened
- The pre-nup that can end a happy marriage
- Man drowns in lake flag incident
- 'Unlawful bankers' and new diesel charges - the papers
- Police to place ads on piracy sites
- MH17 jet 'downed by shrapnel'
- Murder police seek Facebook woman
Last Updated at 02:37 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7208.08||Up||10.96||0.15%|