An Islamic State video purporting to show the beheading of Steven Sotloff, a US journalist abducted by the group, is released.
The parents of Ashya King have been freed from a Spanish prison after UK prosecutors withdrew a European arrest warrant, the BBC learns.
Twelve new victims have come forward since a report found at least 1,400 children were abused in Rotherham, South Yorkshire's chief constable says.
Independence is "closer than it's ever been" claims First Minister Alex Salmond, as an opinion polling suggests gains for the "Yes" campaign.
- 'This should never have happened'02:37
- Salmond on 'democratic sensation'02:57
- Celebrity hacking investigated by FBI01:33
- Locals divided on Heathrow expansion01:04
- Homecoming joy for bike accident teen02:29
- Free hot meals for primary pupils02:06
- Beckham on Man Utd spending spree01:26
- Owners reunited with cliff rescue dog01:56
Among the stories fascinating Tuesday's press are whether British forces will engage jihadists in Iraq, and the mass hacking of celebrities' iCloud accounts.
UK & Local News
The government is urged to expedite its child abuse inquiry following the Rotherham scandal.
Find a representative
- Volcano continues fiery eruption00:49
- The most future-proof profession?01:32
- BBC 'acted properly' over Cliff02:22
- 'Boris Island' airport plan rejected02:28
- ‘I smuggled jihadists into Syria’02:50
- 'Bacon butty' for British Ebola nurse02:02
- How to spot the signs of skin cancer02:39
- Iraq grannies 'take on IS in Amerli’03:17
After celebrity leaks, what can you do to safeguard your photos?
Have some football clubs overpaid for their new players?
Would banning high-power appliances actually save energy?
Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
- Islamic State 'kills US hostage'
- Justin Bieber charged with assault
- The Queen finds selfies 'strange'
- Ashya King parents leave Spain jail
- Gamers take a stand against misogyny
- Kidnappers broke bones with hammers
- MPs quiz police chief over Sir Cliff
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- Celebrity leaks 'no breach' - Apple
- FM: Independence 'closer than ever'
Last Updated at 15:19 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7429.64||Up||51.53||0.70%|