Nigel Farage says UKIP can become a major force at next year's general election after its victory in the Rochester and Strood by-election.
- Profile: Mark Reckless
- Robinson: What price UKIP power?
- Analysis: Party-by-party
- As it happened: Rochester reaction
- Mapping UKIP's polling strength
Two men die and at least six other people are injured as part of a balcony collapses in west London.
Pupils at six east London schools are "vulnerable to extremist influences and radicalisation", Ofsted's Sir Michael Wilshaw says after snap inspections.
President Barack Obama's use of executive powers to give more than four million undocumented migrants work permits "damages the presidency" says a Republican leader.
- Doll challenges Barbie body shape00:32
- Bike prototype with global interest01:04
- Twitter co-founder defends application04:18
- #BBCtrending: Who is Philly Jesus?02:44
- Parked car brings tram to standstill00:33
- YouTube studios for internet stars02:17
- Mark Thomas on 'police snooping'03:05
- Games tech boost for movie planning01:56
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Fresh snow fears for snow-hit US01:46
- Thornberry: 'I got it wrong over tweet'00:39
- Two dead in London balcony incident01:18
- Whelan sorry for offensive comments02:58
- Fire engulfs factory in Sydney00:59
- Car chase ends in building collapse00:37
- UK joins Poland in Nato drill02:17
- Dyson: 'Keep engineers in Britain'01:26
Why did 270 warships gather peacefully in one place?
How exactly did the Thornberry tweet lead to her resignation?
Families dig wells and collect rainwater to survive
Who is in the new Scottish cabinet?
What trick did a German town play on neo-Nazi marchers?
What's the future for Children's TV favourite Bagpuss?
How young people tackled the problem
The minute after Obama's immigration speech
Typing lessons take over in Finnish schools - and more tales
- Knightsbridge balcony collapse: Two dead, six injured
- Penelope Cruz to star in Zoolander sequel
- RBS admits error in stress test data
- Julien Blanc: UK denies visa to 'pick-up artist'
- 'Radicalisation risk' at six Muslim private schools, says Ofsted
- Who is in the new Scottish cabinet?
- Bradford-on-Avon 'gaudy' Christmas tree decor changed
- Mental health NHS trusts ranked for risk of poor care
- Republicans savage Obama immigration executive action
- Trio of teen girls missing from Stirling school traced
Last Updated at 14:59 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|