Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont resigns saying senior party members had "questioned" her role amid the "serious challenges" faced by Labour in Scotland.
- Brian Taylor on Lamont's resignation
- Who might replace Johann Lamont?
- The Johann Lamont story
- Scots Labour in 'meltdown' says SNP
- Ex-first ministers hit out at Labour
Police attend an incident in the centre of Edinburgh, amid reports that an armed man is on a roof.
Scottish musician Jack Bruce, the bassist and singer with 1960s supergroup Cream, dies aged 71, his publicist confirms.
A fourth man from Portsmouth who went to fight in Syria for Islamic State is believed to have been killed.
Kurdish and Iraqi forces say they have gained ground from Islamic State militants in northern Iraq and near Baghdad, amid intense US-led air strikes.
- Paris's Picasso museum reopens02:37
- Using Facebook to get a pay rise02:14
- Learning how to leap around a city02:44
- Does rugby union have a doping issue?02:18
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- Speed racing on city ring-road 01:32
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:56
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Record skydive from the edge of space01:29
- Gun battles on streets of Lebanon01:10
- What was killed UK man doing in Syria?05:57
- Roads become rivers: Floods shock Athens01:20
- US school shooting opens wounds01:00
- Man starts fire at petrol station01:20
- Sargy Mann: 25 years of painting blind04:34
- 'Putin is a bigger threat than IS'04:21
England's lost football grounds - part II
Have Jedis created a new 'religion'?
How to keep the tax man at bay when you pass it on
The hardship posting which may have inspired an English idiom
Paul Merton advises how to make it as a comedian
Does a good cause justify little girls using bad language?
Picasso Museum in Paris reopens after a five-year renovation
Unravelling the flocking habits of starlings
Walk on the Wild Side's bass line cost £17, and more nuggets
The week's big numbers visualised
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Russian clocks go back for last time
- Johann Lamont resigns saying role 'questioned'
- Fourth Portsmouth man Mehdi Hassan killed in Syria
- Heathrow airport: Disruption after 'issues' with IT system
- Mike Tindall agrees settlement with Sunday Express
- Police in central Edinburgh incident
- Iran's hanging of Reyhaneh Jabbari condemned
- Cream bassist Jack Bruce dies, aged 71
- Police hunt for missing sex offender Leanne Gilder
- Islamic State: Militants 'pushed back' in Iraq
Last Updated at 18:45 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7380.67||Up||12.73||0.17%|