South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is sentenced to five years in jail for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- Five-year sport ban
- The rise and fall of Pistorius
- What the witnesses said
- Trial's 10 key moments
- Special report: Pistorius trial
Christophe de Margerie, chief executive of French oil company Total since 2007, has died after his plane crashed during take-off in Moscow.
Government borrowing rises in September to £11.8bn, which will limit the government's options in the run-up to next year's election economists say.
- Man falls 60 feet into Alps crevasse01:50
- Bondi Beach surfers fighting depression03:14
- Halal lipstick launches in India01:55
- Donetsk rocked by chemical plant blast01:09
- UKIP Calypso 'made my ears vomit'02:37
- European and UK police join forces02:02
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies01:43
- Which town could be UK's 'most dismal'?01:53
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Tuesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Presenter Mike Reed sings UKIP calypso00:42
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex01:18
- Paralysed man walks after cell surgery01:48
- Pistorius siblings: 'Truth manipulated'02:50
- Pooley's parents support his return04:55
- British medics head to Sierra Leone02:49
- Bodies of seven women found in US 01:40
- UK Ebola vaccine tests continue 03:06
What happened to the kids from 1970s experimental schools?
Was this man the world's greatest puzzle master?
How racing the Tube went global
The photographer who snapped Gandalf and Jean-Luc Picard
New drama five years after start of eurozone crisis
The project that enabled a paralysed man to walk again
David Attenborough's new series on the journey through life
How does a town that voted Yes in Scottish referendum feel now?
BBC to host day of events focusing on the power of women
My night’s stay in the Texas Ebola hospital
- Oscar Pistorius gets five years for Reeva Steenkamp death
- Hurricane Gonzalo: Disruption as remnants of storm hit UK
- Total's CEO Christophe de Margerie dies in Moscow plane crash
- Paralysed man walks again after cell transplant
- Portsmouth mystery clown 'disturbing' people in streets
- UK weather: Tail-end of Hurricane Gonzalo hits Britain
- Banksy's new Bristol work, Pierced Eardrum, vandalised
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies aged 82
- Baker Street saxophone player Raphael Ravenscroft dies
- The anarchic experimental schools of the 1970s
Last Updated at 06:20 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7190.94||Up||10.70||0.15%|