Johann Lamont is standing down as leader of the Scottish Labour Party with immediate effect after criticising her Westminster colleagues.
David Cameron insists the UK will not pay £1.7bn demanded by the EU - but Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso says the bill should not have come as a surprise.
The cost of getting a driving licence is being cut following a recent public consultation, the government says.
- Speed racing on city ring-road 01:32
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:56
- Police spy 'was paid to love me'03:28
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Phones off to mark Jewish Sabbath02:34
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
- 'Religion made me a better player'03:08
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Man starts fire at petrol station01:20
- Sargy Mann: 25 years of painting blind04:34
- Proton beam therapy: Ashya 'tries to walk'01:50
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:32
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Call to scrap term-time holiday ban02:01
- Wales 'independent in 20 years'01:37
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
Why do professional sportsmen try trick shots?
Grayson Perry captures the state of the nation
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Could you switch off all your devices for 25 hours?
A journey across a Ukraine racked by conflict
Gambling board suspended for Vegas trip - and more tales
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Egypt imposes state of emergency in Sinai after attacks
- Ebola crisis: 'Many exposed' to infected Mali girl
- Johann Lamont standing down as Scottish Labour leader
- Cameron: UK won't pay £1.7bn EU bill
- Body of Hannah Graham identified in Virginia
- Cost of driving licence to be cut by up to 32%
- Cancer-killing stem cells engineered in lab
- Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- One killed in Washington state school shooting
- The front pages: 'Edging toward the EU exit?'
Last Updated at 21:24 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7380.67||Up||12.73||0.17%|