Average household incomes are back to where they were before the financial crisis, according to research by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
- Peston: Living standards not quite back to peak
- IFS says 'worst of cuts to come'
- Men's pay falls 'more than women's'
Police officers were told to put the blame for Hillsborough on the "drunken, ticketless Liverpool supporters", the inquest into the disaster hears.
Energy supplier Scottish Power accepts a 12-day sales ban after failing to meet Ofgem's customer service targets, the watchdog says.
- Steggy Sophie was 'weight of rhino'08:00
- Rio at 450: The city in photographs 02:57
- The robot that can play the violin01:20
- Can Poldark recapture glory days?03:01
- Tourists flock to Japan's Cat Island00:51
- WW1 ship given new lease of life02:46
- Phoenix Nights star thanks medics01:30
- Sensors everywhere: MWC's new gadgets02:30
UK & Local News
Live coverage of the Commons, as MPs debate the NI corporation tax bill.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- 'No regret' from Delhi rapist00:59
- Prince's warning about ivory trade01:46
- Becky Watts' parents 'devastated'01:20
- Plane left nose-down on Nepal runway00:27
- The man who made money for Manet 05:10
- The world's most expensive SUV04:33
- Warning over Kew Gardens cuts01:27
- 'How I snapped weasel on bird photo'02:14
How the Forth was crossed before the famous bridge
Why are petrol prices rising again?
How London's male commuters set Chinese hearts racing
The number of old people killing themselves has fallen. Why?
The lost property shop stuffed with diamonds, bikes... and a leg
A murder in an atmosphere of hatred and intolerance
The Indian who attracted proposals through honesty
Long before Mr Spock, there was Dr Spock
- Politics Live - Prime Minister's Questions
- Ayesha Ali killing: Mother and lover found guilty
- Becky Watts case: Stepbrother and girlfriend questioned for murder
- Andrew Mitchell in £80,000 libel payout to 'Plebgate' PC
- China's crush on London's male commuters
- Kelly Sotherton's stolen Commonwealth Games gold medal found
- 'Fairy control' to halt tiny doors in Somerset woods
- Average income back to pre-crisis levels, says IFS
- Small Data: Petrol prices are rising again
- Hillsborough inquests: Police told to 'blame fans'
Last Updated at 07:39 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8000.42||Up||7.81||0.10%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
From Magna Carta to Occupy: A history of protest