The police and security services should get new powers to defend the UK from a terror threat "perhaps greater than it has ever been", the home secretary says.
- The challenge of unmasking net users
- How serious is IS threat to the UK?
- Is it right to pay ransoms?
- Can UK stop jihadists coming home?
Telecoms giant BT is in talks with Telefonica about buying the O2 mobile network from the Spanish firm.
The Duke of Cambridge is to visit China in 2015 after an invitation from the Chinese government, the BBC understands.
- Looted 'Nazi art' to be returned01:44
- Volcano erupts on Cape Verde island00:39
- On the hunt for warlord Joseph Kony02:36
- Blind newsreader: How I deliver news
- NHS pay: Staff morale is 'dreadful'02:20
- Knox-Johnston 'not abandoning sailing'03:26
- Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory'03:13
- Travelling through the Ebola heartland03:26
Premier League reaction, Champions League news, Lewis Hamilton latest, best of social media and what's gone wrong at Liverpool?
UK & Local News
Find a representative
- US police kill boy carrying fake gun01:21
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain01:53
- First Italian woman arrives at ISS02:02
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- UK men join Syria fight against IS01:40
- Charing Cross reopens after train fire00:30
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- 'Stop radicalisation before it happens'03:33
The couple who helped Tesco change the way many of us shop
One woman's journey from a village to death in the big city
How easy is it to fly Britain's next-gen fighter jet?
What has the impact of the protest movement been?
How did a baby survive for five days in a drain?
Countries with the most shocking photos on cigarette boxes
Maid child abuse shocks Uganda
A teenager who was groomed in Yorkshire tells her story
- US defence secretary Chuck Hagel 'to step down'
- Terrorism laws: 'Time is right' for new police powers
- #BBCtrending: Video of nanny abusing toddler shocks Uganda
- BT and Telefonica in 'preliminary' talks over O2 sale
- Google case over online abuse settled
- Body believed to be missing teenager Sarah Smith
- Tamir Rice: US police kill boy, 12, carrying replica gun
- Car plunges 20ft down mountain at Llanwonno
- Yorkshire Muslim girl speaks of grooming ordeal
- Who, What, Why: How can a baby survive in a storm drain?
Last Updated at 10:50 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7912.24||Down||-4.91||-0.06%|