The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- NHS plan: Five things we've learned
- Robinson: Where will money come from?
- Peston: What price to save NHS?
- How one hospital copes with change
- Analysis: Plan 'packs a punch'
The parliament in Ottawa returns to work and gives a hero's welcome to the sergeant-at-arms who shot a gunman dead the day before.
A doctor who treated Michael Schumacher for nearly six months after his brain injury in a skiing accident says the F1 champion has made "some progress".
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- Joss Stone's Poppy Appeal vigil01:30
- Disabled Students: Off to university03:00
- The tech start-ups trying to get noticed04:11
- Lost classic comedy shows rediscovered03:06
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
- Can King Khan top Diwali box office?02:23
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Westminster's dog of the year show02:55
- Mum's fight over sex abuse of daughter, 1202:02
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- Battle over the Great Barrier Reef02:52
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- Shots fired inside Canada parliament00:51
Harry Roberts and the crime that shocked a nation
Australian photographer explores Greenland's vast ice sheet
Two very different paths to smarter cities
How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
How much do you know about the life of the chicken you eat?
What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
How West Africans are rallying against Ebola stigma
Unite chief on his life, Miliband and why he likes Downton Abbey
- Everton fans 'hit with tear gas' in Lille before Europa League game
- Alvin Stardust, glam rock singer, dies aged 72
- Michael Schumacher: Injured ex-F1 driver makes 'progress'
- Police killer Harry Roberts to be freed
- Tesco shares slump after raised profit error
- BP and GDF Suez discover new North Sea oil field
- Ottawa shootings: Canada parliament returns
- How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
- Mystery of dinosaur with giant arms solved
- Do people know where their chicken comes from?
Last Updated at 11:45 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7374.36||Up||48.60||0.66%|