There is "no hiding" from the failures of authorities in Oxfordshire where young girls were groomed, a retired detective tells Newsnight.
- Men get life for sex abuse ring
- Oxford grooming: Girl Three's story
- Who were the victims?
- Why was abuse not stopped sooner?
- Who were the men behind the abuse?
The Houses of Parliament could have to be "abandoned" within 20 years without extensive repair work, Commons Speaker John Bercow says.
Iraqi forces say they have retaken some districts around Tikrit in their fight to recapture the strategic city from Islamic State.
- Finnish punk band to take on Eurovision
- Retracing the Selma civil rights march 03:03
- Meet West Brom's oldest fan, aged 10701:18
- Chinese treasures stolen in France01:27
- Hands-on with LG Urbane smartwatches01:42
- 3D mapping Christ the Redeemer01:23
- Girl's 'ruined' life sparks driver pledge
- Giant cake served for Rio's birthday01:48
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including an urgent question on terrorism.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Skydiver: I was saved after mid-air seizure01:32
- On the trail of Mohammed Emwazi02:29
- Video captures fatal LA police shooting02:18
- New Queen coin portrait unveiled01:28
- Hidden victims of the Ebola crisis03:06
- Riddle of Emwazi's radicalisation02:12
- How tidal lagoon power plants work02:53
- Ukraine students get patriotism lessons01:42
Where have all the GPs gone?
What does this new Chinese character mean?
Are people getting more intelligent?
The hybrid animal causing havoc in the Grand Canyon
Would it be realistic to renationalise the railways?
Is there any room for love in politics?
The world's worst interview - with one of the loneliest men on Earth
Students trade messages across the 'information curtain'
- Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with girl, 15
- Speaker John Bercow warns over Parliament repairs
- Bill Gates is named world's richest person again
- Tinder to charge older users more for premium facilities
- Becky Watts search: Two arrested on suspicion of murder
- Regular coffee drinkers have 'cleaner' arteries
- Oxford grooming: 'No hiding' from authorities' failures
- Eurostar services suspended after death on line in Kent
- Mother recognised Mohammed Emwazi's voice on hostage videos
- British plane spotters arrested in United Arab Emirates
Last Updated at 19:30 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8028.89||Up||46.15||0.58%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Create and share your personal story with the BBC archives