Home Secretary Theresa May confirms she is pressing ahead with new powers to tackle extremist groups, while defending current counter-terrorism strategy.
- How do you counter the call to jihad?
- UK won't work with Assad - Hammond
- Dozens killed in Iraq mosque attack
- What do we know of Foley's killer?
Hospitals in England are told to cut the cost of parking for certain groups under new government guidelines.
BT warns millions of customers it is increasing prices by up to 6.5% from December this year.
- Obama refuses ice bucket challenge 01:13
- Afghanistan poll recount under way01:34
- Work starts on Celtic coin hoard02:00
- Meet Gibraltar's monkey evictees02:47
- How does stadium 'standing seat' work?00:39
- Behind-the-scenes at MOTD03:47
- Carol Kirkwood in a motorised bathroom02:09
- Victoria Beckham does ice challenge00:16
Most of Saturday's papers lead on measures to track down British jihadists and prevent radicalisation within the UK.
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- 'I survived Islamic State massacre'03:19
- From bandit country to beauty area03:00
- Blast off for Europe's sat-nav satellites02:28
- Beseiged Iraqi children lacking food01:49
- What are options in fight against IS?03:38
- Suspected informants killed in Gaza01:47
- Renewed grief for Malaysia over MH1702:02
- Dowry 'should be banned' in Britain03:03
The man who exposes the technology industry's secrets
A quiz on British history you can do in the car
Why every Pakistani politician needs a shipping container
The drunken monkey that smashed up a bar
The Doctor Who fan who created the show's new titles
Paris remembers 1944 but memories fade for the fallen
Jackie Chan's son and the viral video game
How West Indians brought the Caribbean to Leeds
How a dog on the tracks sparked a Hong Kong protest
The music that makes you spend most online and other nuggets
- US anger at China 'air interception'
- Buyers gain £1,300 a year over rents
- BT warns of rise in phone bills
- Hospitals told to cut parking charges
- Lennon killer denied parole again
- First terrace murder victim recalled
- Warning over black market cigarettes
- May pledges new anti-extremist laws
- The king of the leakers
- Anger over Russian convoy in Ukraine
Last Updated at 01:30 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7341.23||Down||-15.19||-0.21%|