The third officer was at the helm of the ferry that capsized off South Korea, investigators say, as divers work to access the sunken hull.
- In pictures: South Korea ferry search
- Panic and hope over S Korea ferry
- Harrowing texts sent as ferry sank
- What caused S Korea ferry disaster?02:18
- Three bodies recovered from ferry01:28
- New video from stricken Korean ferry00:28
- Families wait at port for news01:24
- S Korea ferry boss admits 'grave sin'00:23
- Six-year-old rescued from ferry 00:44
- Ferry captain 'sorry and ashamed'00:11
- Amateur video 'from inside tilted ship'02:59
- Aerial video of frantic helicopter rescues01:10
- 'No attempt to use all the life rafts'03:15
- 'Poor visibility and strong currents'01:56
- Footage shows panic as boats arrive01:27
Other Top Stories
Six people are reported to have been killed after an early-morning avalanche on the slopes of Mount Everest.
The Nobel prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez, author of One Hundred Years of Solitude, dies in Mexico aged 87, his family says.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Easter story in a shipping container02:34
- Row over Irish dancing make-up ban02:52
- The people who want to be part of Russia02:38
- 'Most Earth-like planet yet' found01:29
- Anxious time for Syria's Christians03:03
- Author Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies01:48
- Royals watch sheep shearing at show01:00
- Welsh crown spotted on eBay01:48
Gabriel Garcia Marquez's prose conveyed overflowing imagination
What makes Jerusalem so holy to three religions?
10 sartorial moments that reveal the superficiality of politics
How zoos plan for a lion escape
After 20 years, Alfa Romeo returns to the US
The bookshop on a barge that travels the canal system
Why cannabis smokers love the number 420
Sir Alex Ferguson's wine cellar has most bottles from where?
Artists customise 12 shipping containers to tell Easter story
Australia's Bishop Kay at Westminster Abbey for Easter
- Fatal crash cyclist 'doing 40mph'
- Teen's Facebook brag costs dad $80K
- Breastfeeding tweet burns Delta Airlines
- Korea ship: Third officer 'had helm'
- Chelsea Clinton announces pregnancy
- Search after Everest avalanche
- Sacked doctor was unfairly dismissed
- 10 sartorial moments that tell us a lot about politics
- British teenager killed in Syria
- Channel Tunnel trains 'run as normal'
Last Updated at 04:12 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||5063.32||Up||0.05||0.07%|