A UN envoy calls for action to prevent what he says may be the possible massacre of Iraqis in the town of Amerli, besieged by Islamic State.
- UK pledges new anti-extremist powers
- Iraqi town being starved to death
- Who are Islamic State?
- The rise of Islamic State
- Shifts needed to combat IS
Lorries from an unauthorised Russian aid convoy cross back from rebel-held east Ukraine as German Chancellor Angela Merkel holds talks in Kiev.
Hospitals in England are told to cut the cost of parking for certain groups under new government guidelines.
- SpaceX rocket explodes during test00:39
- How well does comedy travel?03:51
- Couple find love on transplant ward02:03
- How to have a day out on the cheap02:56
- Why is paddle boarding so popular?02:42
- Work starts on Celtic coin hoard02:00
- Obama refuses ice bucket challenge 01:13
- Van Morrison plays at former school 02:19
Most of Saturday's papers lead on measures to track down British jihadists and prevent radicalisation within the UK.
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Israel continues air strikes on Gaza01:19
- From bandit country to beauty area03:00
- I'm no racist or sexist - Mackay02:15
- Dowry 'should be banned' in Britain03:03
- 'I survived Islamic State massacre'03:19
- Beseiged Iraqi children lacking food01:49
- What are options in fight against IS?03:38
- On the front line against IS fighters02:09
The conflict reporting of James Foley
A quiz on British history you can do in the car
The drunken monkey that smashed up a bar
Why every Pakistani politician needs a shipping container
The music that makes you spend most online and other nuggets
The man who exposes the technology industry's secrets
How West Indians brought the Caribbean to Leeds
The Doctor Who fan who created the show's new titles
- Iceland issues volcano red alert
- 'Mass trespass' on private beach
- Briton in Sierra Leone 'has Ebola'
- The drunken monkey that smashed up a bar
- Tardis toilet appears on cycle path
- Galileo satellites on wrong orbit
- Buying '£1,300 cheaper than renting'
- China film festival shut down
- UN call to 'prevent Iraq massacre'
- MH370 search faces tough next phase
Last Updated at 13:19 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7341.23||Down||-15.19||-0.21%|