A law forcing communications firms to keep details that could help identify criminals using the internet is being planned by the home secretary.
Staff cuts and bed shortages are leaving mental health services "under unprecedented strain", says the nurses' union.
Home Secretary Theresa May tells Desert Island Discs she felt "battered and bruised" after denying MPs a vote on the European Arrest Warrant.
- Car chase ends in building collapse00:37
- Scrabble players vie for world champion03:29
- Street pole-dancing in Buenos Aires01:27
- Newspapers 'kept from children's eyes'02:00
- Bike prototype with global interest01:04
- Twitter co-founder defends application04:18
- #BBCtrending: Who is Philly Jesus?02:44
- Parked car brings tram to standstill00:33
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- Ferguson protests inspire local artist02:37
- Tributes paid to Alan Henning 01:26
- Dizzy world of aerobatic flying02:55
- Mental health services 'under strain'01:27
- Ed Miliband: 'Party of working people'01:57
- NHS staff set off to help fight Ebola02:17
- Ukraine uprising one year on02:45
What is the real meaning of Mongol?
Are food foragers 'annoying' or unfairly maligned?
My family was deported while I was at school
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children against polio
The best reads you need to catch up on
The retreat that has hosted Indian pilgrims since the Crusades
The writer who foresaw the rise of the totalitarian state
The dangerous beauty of the Himalayas
Trends of the past week, relived in 60 seconds
Weekly readers' gallery - on the theme of 'movement'
The NHS volunteers travelling to Sierra Leone
- Internet data plan back on political agenda
- The meaning of Mongol
- The day her family wasn't there
- Labour 'could sell London's QEII Conference Centre'
- Newspaper headlines: A&E 'crisis', Black Friday and Formula 1 finale
- Iran nuclear talks: Doubts over deal as deadline looms
- Flood warnings as snow set to melt in north-eastern US
- Theresa May 'battered and bruised' over EU arrest warrant
- A Point of View: The writer who foresaw the rise of the totalitarian state
- Universities that fail should be punished, says Which?
Last Updated at 04:39 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|