President Francois Hollande signs into law a controversial bill making France the ninth in Europe, and 14th globally, to legalise gay marriage.
A 25-year-old Saudi woman makes history by reaching the summit of the world's highest mountain.
- Deadly floods sweep southern China01:12
- Would-be robber struck by bus01:00
- Violence after Spanish Cup Final02:00
- Many hurt in train crash near NYC01:14
- City lit up after 20 years in dark02:26
- Inquiry urged into Russian spy death01:00
- Sweden gears up for Eurovision contest01:11
- Chile coast littered with dead animals01:40
Other Top Stories
- Is Japan's green tea blossoming?02:03
- Ghana students aim for orbit 'by 2016'01:47
- The best place to see the stars
- One-minute World News00:58
- Can this army take on Boko Haram?01:49
- Need to Know: Iran's leadership02:20
- Inside factory making humanoid robots04:02
- Turkey's 'Italian' makeover underway02:46
How US version of The Office reflected on America - and UK
What happened when an Italian mafia boss handed himself in
Argentina grapples with legacy of late military leader Videla
What happened to the acts that hit the pinnacle of Europop?
What do ex-convicts books reveal about life inside?
The propaganda power of posters
The country with the most cat owners - and other nuggets
- Russia reveals CIA chief's identity
- Saudi woman reaches Everest summit
- Dozens injured in US train crash
- Mafia boss gives himself up
- EU to ban refillable olive oil jugs
- Deep sea 'gold rush' moves closer
- N Korea 'fires short-range missiles'
- British child dies at Egyptian hotel
- Hollande signs gay marriage bill
- 10 things we didn't know last week
A profile of Romario - Brazilian football's bad-boy who became an outspoken politician
Kate Russell looks at a site which celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission