Nigel Farage sets out UKIP's plan to cut work-related immigration to the UK but rules out setting a target, as David Cameron and Ed Miliband clash over the issue.
Average household incomes are back to where they were before the financial crisis, according to research by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
The family of a former Royal Marine believed to be the first Briton killed fighting IS extremists in Syria say they are "devastated" but "proud" of their son.
- Steggy Sophie was 'weight of rhino'08:00
- Rio at 450: The city in photographs 02:57
- The robot that can play the violin01:20
- Can Poldark recapture glory days?02:30
- Tourists flock to Japan's Cat Island00:51
- WW1 ship given new lease of life02:46
- Phoenix Nights star thanks medics01:30
- Sensors everywhere: MWC's new gadgets02:30
Australia post a World Cup record total as they beat Afghanistan by the biggest winning margin in the tournament's history.
UK & Local News
Live coverage of the Commons, as MPs debate the NI corporation tax bill.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Fears for future of Ebola orphanage 01:58
- Prince's warning about ivory trade01:46
- 'No regret' from Delhi rapist00:59
- Plane left nose-down on Nepal runway00:27
- The man who made money for Manet 05:10
- The world's most expensive SUV04:33
- Becky suspects quizzed by police01:31
- Warning over Kew Gardens cuts01:27
How the Forth was crossed before the famous bridge
Why are petrol prices rising again?
How London's male commuters set Chinese hearts racing
The number of old people killing themselves has fallen. Why?
The lost property shop stuffed with diamonds, bikes... and a leg
A murder in an atmosphere of hatred and intolerance
The Indian who attracted proposals through honesty
The man who changed parenting forever
- Kelly Sotherton's stolen Commonwealth Games gold medal found
- Ayesha Ali killing: Mother and lover found guilty
- Becky Watts case: Stepbrother and girlfriend questioned for murder
- Politics Live - including Prime Minister's Questions
- Royal St George's golf club ends 128-year 'no women' rule
- 'Delay primary and miss secondary school start'
- China's crush on London's male commuters
- Small Data: Petrol prices are rising again
- Andrew Mitchell in £80,000 libel payout to 'plebgate' PC
- 'Fairy control' to halt tiny doors in Somerset woods
Last Updated at 10:07 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7988.32||Down||-4.29||-0.05%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
From Magna Carta to Occupy: A history of protest