An Islamic State video purporting to show the beheading of Steven Sotloff, a US journalist abducted by the group, is released.
The parents of Ashya King are released from prison in Spain after UK prosecutors withdrew a European arrest warrant.
The Liberal Democrats pledge 15 hours of free childcare for all two-year-olds in England, as they begin to set out pre-election policies.
Wormwood Scrubs prison in west London is described as "filthy" and unsafe in a report by inspectors.
- Moment Ashya's parents released00:51
- 'This should never have happened'02:37
- Salmond on 'democratic sensation'02:57
- Care homes: Views from the inside04:54
- Tornado sweeps children away in tent01:44
- Apple: Celebrity accounts hacked01:49
- Locals divided on Heathrow expansion01:04
- Free hot meals for primary pupils02:06
Among the stories fascinating Tuesday's press are whether British forces will engage jihadists in Iraq, and the mass hacking of celebrities' iCloud accounts.
UK & Local News
The government is urged to expedite its child abuse inquiry following the Rotherham scandal.
Find a representative
- Escaped Ebola patient recaptured01:48
- Video shows Ukraine soldiers 'abuse'02:30
- Volcano continues fiery eruption00:49
- Ashya parents 'just want to see him'01:59
- BBC 'acted properly' over Cliff02:22
- Met Police sells London HQ for £250m02:13
- 'Boris Island' airport plan rejected02:28
- The most future-proof profession?01:32
Referendum race 'may have got tighter'
After celebrity leaks, what can you do to safeguard your photos?
Have some football clubs overpaid for their new players?
Would banning high-power appliances actually save energy?
Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
- Labour 'now the one-nation party'
- Gary Barlow "settling tax affairs"
- Islamic State 'kills US hostage'
- The Queen finds selfies 'strange'
- Islamic State holding British captive
- Celebrity leaks 'no breach' - Apple
- Royal pardon for codebreaker Turing
- Justin Bieber charged with assault
- Gamers take a stand against misogyny
- Ashya's parents freed from prison
Last Updated at 19:37 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7434.60||Up||15.87||0.21%|