Iraq launches a military operation to recapture Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit from Islamic State.
- Iran's Guards take lead
- Battle for Iraq and Syria in maps
- Iraq minorities 'wipeout threat'
- Why would Iran bomb Islamic State?
- Iraq country profile
Ten men are charged by police investigating child sexual exploitation in Rochdale, Greater Manchester.
Some 200,000 "starter homes" will be built for first-time buyers in England by 2020 if the Tories win May's general election, David Cameron says.
Bill Gates is declared the richest man in the world for the 16th time by Forbes magazine's annual ranking of global billionaires.
- Finnish punk band to take on Eurovision
- 3D mapping Christ the Redeemer01:23
- Girl's 'ruined' life sparks driver pledge
- Hands-on with LG Urbane smartwatches01:42
- Giant cake served for Rio's birthday01:48
- Fifty years of The Sound of Music02:21
- Living underground in the outback02:47
- Winston: 'Enhancing humans unwise'
Ten Premier League news conferences ahead of midweek matches plus reaction to Chelsea's League Cup win and the best of social media.
UK & Local News
Live coverage of today's proceedings, including an urgent question on terrorism.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- New Queen coin portrait unveiled01:28
- How tidal lagoon power plants work02:53
- Riddle of Emwazi's radicalisation02:21
- Ukraine students get patriotism lessons01:42
- Prince William welcomed in China00:41
- Changing role of GPs over 30 years03:10
- Baby orangutans need new mum01:28
- The monk who ordains trees03:55
Where have all the GPs gone?
What does this new Chinese character mean?
Are people getting more intelligent?
The hybrid animal causing havoc in the Grand Canyon
Would it be realistic to renationalise the railways?
Is there any room for love in politics?
The world's worst interview - with one of the loneliest men on Earth
Students trade messages across the 'information curtain'
- Bill Gates is named world's richest person again
- 'Chelsea fans' in new train racism probe
- Grimsby parents get tattoos of daughter's birthmark
- Iraq moves against Islamic State in Tikrit
- Ikea unveils phone-charging furniture at MWC
- Hull bleach attacker Rebecca Morris sentenced
- Royal Mint unveils new coinage portrait of the Queen
- Ten men charged over Rochdale child abuse claims
- Millions share new Chinese character
- Would it be realistic to renationalise the railways?
Last Updated at 11:25 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8024.92||Up||42.18||0.53%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Create and share your personal story with the BBC archives