The anti-austerity Syriza party wins the Greek general election promising to renegotiate the country's bailout in a challenge to international creditors.
An MEP who has defected to the Conservatives had "reached the end of the road" with UKIP, party leader Nigel Farage says.
At least 16 people are killed in Egypt during street protests marking the fourth anniversary of the start of the 2011 uprising.
- Colin Firth on being an 'unlikely killer'01:00
- The bar that 'has it all', except booze...02:14
- Laughing the Indian America way02:38
- Bolivia's festival of miniatures01:11
- Wee Kris's AC/DC Hampden dream01:48
- Tech review: This week's headlines01:55
- Winstone giving soldiers a voice 03:31
- The big changes in British birdlife03:09
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, as MPs debate private members' bills.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Footage shows shot Egypt protester02:14
- Birmingham rally after Fox 'no-go' comment01:47
- Icy mystery: Pluto ready for close-up01:58
- Fighting baseball's deadly tradition03:26
- Kosovo protests after 'savages' slur01:34
- 'SNP should vote on some English taxes'02:40
- Witness cries as he describes attack
- Ebola nurse: 'I lost a week of my life'03:46
Why tyrants are afraid of art and beauty
A round-up of social media trends from across the world
Readers' photos on the theme of 'cold weather'
Where do the wealthiest 1% live?
The islanders who'd rather not be linked to the mainland
Remembering England's lost theme parks
Holocaust survivors hand on their stories to school pupils
The fight against baseball's toxic tradition
- Hoax call to David Cameron prompts security review
- Greece election: Anti-austerity Syriza wins election
- Sir Philip Green considers BHS takeover offers
- Where do the wealthiest 1% live?
- Greece election night as it happened
- Ex-drug smuggler Howard Marks has inoperable cancer
- New M4 speed cameras catch 500 in four days
- New Horizons probe eyes Pluto for historic encounter
- Boko Haram attacks key Nigerian city of Maiduguri
- England's lost theme parks
Last Updated at 19:17 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8045.12||Up||38.43||0.48%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
How workers 'became cogs in a machine' in Karl Marx's view of capitalism