There is no link between tough laws and levels of illegal drug use, a Home Office study finds, sparking a policy row within the coalition government.
A Libyan man can sue the UK government over claims he was illegally sent back to Libya and tortured, the Court of Appeal rules.
The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
Papers seen by the BBC suggest cuts to the Employment and Support Allowance are being contemplated but ministers say it is not policy.
- How to build an engine in 42 seconds02:02
- Lava flow creeps toward Hawaii homes00:47
- Newly-lit Sistine Chapel is unveiled02:01
- Becoming a mother at 70 in India02:31
- Mexico tunnel reveals ancient relics 00:26
- Sonic boom after 'shoot down' warning02:36
- Woman who had 100 catcalls in 10 hours01:34
- Russia's 39,000-year-old mammoth 01:06
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew says he is confident in his ability after knocking Manchester City out of the League Cup.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including questions to environment ministers.
Find a representative
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
- On the buses with Prince Harry01:17
- No hugs for Ebola volunteers02:14
- Puppy farm murders: 'He's shot my mum'03:08
- Skater's view of listed status skatepark02:42
- UK charities launch Ebola aid appeal02:42
- Sri Lankan landslide after monsoon00:29
The Leonardo hidden from Hitler in case it gave him special powers
The developer forced to leave her home due to threats
Are the days of the humble key numbered?
The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
Is eating sage better for your alertness than coffee?
Forty years since Ali took on Foreman in Kinshasa BBC Sport
England's strange and ancient Halloween alternatives
Jetpacks, driverless cars and solar roads
The Aussie firms offering unusual job perks and flexible working
- Sarah Payne's father Michael 'found dead at Kent home'
- Apple chief Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Jerusalem holy site closure 'declaration of war' - Abbas
- Unexpected ways to wake up your brain
- Prince Harry meets stars to support poppy appeal
- Zoe Quinn: GamerGate must be condemned
- No link between tough penalties and drug use - report
- 'Drunk' Flybe pilot arrested before flight
- The Leonardo hidden from Hitler in case it gave him magic powers
- The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
Last Updated at 09:01 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7479.74||Up||32.90||0.44%|