Victims' groups are expected to tell child abuse inquiry officials that Fiona Woolf should step down as its head as concerns about her suitability persist.
The UK government is not doing enough to tackle "petty corruption" in countries to which it gives aid, a report by a scrutiny body says.
Four people are hurt and one person is thought to be missing as dozens of firefighters tackle a blaze at a fireworks retailer in Staffordshire.
Alcohol should have a calorie content label in order to reduce obesity, according to public health doctors.
Teachers who try to encourage low-achieving students with lots of praise could harm their learning, claims research into classroom tactics.
- Inside a haunted house in Louisiana02:38
- Inside India bank robbers' tunnel02:08
- Stars glow at Interstellar premiere02:40
- Tower poppies artist hails volunteers01:40
- You behind the pillar, you're on camera!00:54
- Lava flow creeps toward Hawaii homes00:47
- Becoming a mother at 70 in India02:31
- Westminster and Whitehall ghost tales02:07
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- Poppy hijab for Remembrance02:08
- Lab for world’s worst animal viruses03:34
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
- Breastfeeding photo deleted by Facebook02:20
- No hugs for Ebola volunteers02:14
Is moving house a nightmare or life affirming?
What did Robbie's wife tell him to stop singing during labour?
Tips for a disability-friendly Halloween
How one man's luck landed him a place in cinema history
The metal detectorists who are saving marriages
How Timothy Spall created 400 artworks for his latest film
How former Remploy workers struggle to find work
The health workers volunteering to fight Ebola
- Fireworks ignited by blaze in Stafford
- Fiona Woolf: Abuse victims call for inquiry head to quit
- Meet the metal detectorists saving marriages
- Newspaper headlines: Labour 'wipeout' and Ebola threat
- Alcohol calorie content: Labels needed, says RSPH
- Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze
- Mawgan Porth beach tragedy: Son pays tribute to father
- Four injured as car becomes trapped beneath lorry in M6 crash
- Timothy Spall: How I became Mr Turner
- Lavish praise from teachers 'does not help pupils'
Last Updated at 00:42 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7521.06||Up||19.04||0.25%|