EU finance ministers agree to David Cameron's call for emergency talks after the UK is told it must pay an extra £1.7bn.
A US doctor who returned to New York from Ebola-hit Guinea in West Africa becomes the first person to test positive for the virus in the city.
Canada's foreign minister tells the BBC there is no evidence so far that the man behind gun attacks in Ottawa was linked to Middle Eastern jihadists.
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Could amputees re-grow lost limbs?03:06
- Gorilla gets 'Bake Off' birthday cake00:59
- Scientists create real hoverboard01:11
- Too many train announcements?03:18
- 'Religion made me a better player'03:08
- Guarding polio workers in Pakistan02:51
- Cliff Richard police raid 'inept'01:32
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:52
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Mums on 'diabolical' holiday fines01:10
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
- Classic comedy episodes rediscovered03:06
- Farmland birds show rapid decline01:40
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Could you switch off all your devices for 25 hours?
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Meet the artist who has been blind for 25 years
Why big-eyed droids are cause for concern
Life after university for disabled graduates
How to solve brain-teasers by one of the greatest maths minds
The surprising reasons why UK owes more to Europe
- Eleven arrested over rape of woman in Liverpool
- EU agrees to budget talks after £1.7bn cash demand on UK
- Nearly all bus lanes to be scrapped in Liverpool, council rules
- Ebola outbreak: New York doctor Craig Spencer tests positive
- 'Scrap ban' on term-time holidays
- Met pays £425,000 to mother of undercover policeman's child
- GDP rises by 0.7% in third quarter
- Quiz of the week's news
- UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to European Union budget
- The day UFOs stopped play
Last Updated at 07:16 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7370.40||Up||2.46||0.03%|