Spending on care for people aged 65 and over has fallen by a fifth in England over the last 10 years, an analysis by the BBC shows.
- Care calculator: Find out your costs
- How system works across the UK
- Nick Triggle: Is the care cap as good as it seems?
- Rising social care cost concerns
Bank of England governor Mark Carney has warned the current structure of the eurozone puts it in an "odd position".
An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.8 has been recorded in the East Midlands, the US Geological Survey reports.
- Ebola vaccine trial: 'I've played my part'01:10
- Selma creators on Cumberbatch quote07:38
- What will news look like in 10 years?13:31
- Video diary: Search for a care home03:21
- How jet stream is bringing snow to UK00:55
- 'Zombie cat' spent days underground00:23
- New responder saves newborn baby01:52
- Nip and chip: How beavers change rivers 03:14
UK & Local News
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Warnings as snow hits parts of UK03:34
- Inside Tripoli's battle-ravaged airport01:13
- City of snipers: BBC goes inside Benghazi03:17
- Post-war blocks get listed status02:01
- Ebola vaccine 'looks well tolerated'02:11
- Doubt over serial killer conviction02:32
- Fire headcam shows home alone rescue00:54
- Beavers allowed to stay in wild02:15
Use our calculator to find out the costs you may face
What will the news be like in the next decade?
Libya's perilously thin semblance of normality
Why Stephen Daldry swapped ballet pumps for Brazilian favelas in his latest film
What Saudis really think about Michelle Obama's bare head
Why can't we let go of our old tech?
The village that has just got its first fridge
How pallbearers almost dropped Churchill's coffin
How a Nazi doctor experimented on identical siblings
- East Midlands tremor recorded at 3.8 in magnitude
- Tesco names 43 UK store closures
- Tesco recalls 'foul smelling' squash
- Colin Norris: Juror's doubt over serial killer verdict
- Facebook reports strong profits, adding millions of users
- Lord Wigley sorry for linking Trident jobs with Auschwitz
- ‘We nearly dropped Churchill’s coffin’
- Snow causing 'hazardous conditions'
- Michelle Obama headscarf controversy - do Saudis really care?
- Ghostbusters female line-up confirmed
Last Updated at 19:12 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7888.97||Down||-13.82||-0.17%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Would Churchill's depression stop him being PM today?