The captain of the capsized South Korean ferry says he delayed giving evacuation orders fearing passengers would "drift away", as divers see bodies floating inside.
- In pictures: South Korea ferry search
- Harrowing texts sent as ferry sank
- Unanswered questions
- Panic and hope
- Ferry divers' video shown to relatives01:08
- Three bodies recovered from ferry01:28
- Was ferry cargo properly secured?01:59
- Video from stricken Korean ferry00:35
- S Korea families 'expect the worst'01:17
- S Korea ferry captain: 'I am sorry'01:00
- S Korea ferry boss admits 'grave sin'00:23
- Six-year-old rescued from ferry 00:44
- Amateur video 'from inside tilted ship'02:59
- Aerial video of frantic helicopter rescues01:10
- 'No attempt to use all the life rafts'03:15
- Footage shows panic as boats arrive01:27
Police investigating how a seven-year-old boy received serious burn injuries in Aberdeen say there is "no evidence" so far of "any deliberate act".
Pope Francis highlights the plight of the poor, elderly and abandoned during the Way of the Cross procession in Rome to mark Good Friday.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Kate tries out fighter jet in Australia01:19
- Ukraine Jews told 'pay tax or leave'02:53
- Boy in hospital with severe burns01:21
- Strong quake shakes Mexico City01:39
- Camel birth shocks sheep farmer01:33
- Buttock silicone injections 'lethal'02:08
- 'Tug of war' Banksy art in museum01:30
- Golfer Larrazabal attacked by hornets00:20
The airport that hosted a roll-call of presidents
The 8 tribes of people who keep buying records
The element that makes a familiar smell when mixed with urine
Will stamps get cheaper if Scots go it alone?
What's the story of John Lewis' 150 years of success?
Portrait painter Susanne du Toit on being an artist
The best news photographs from around the world
A lion on the loose in Llandrindod Wells
Rhea birds can be extremely dangerous, plus other factlets
- HMRC 'plans to share personal data'
- France 'has too many foreigners'
- ‘Sorry’ ferry captain explains delay
- Billionaire to build Titanic II
- Plane search at 'critical juncture'
- Prince Charles visits new grandson
- A fifth of gardeners 'throw snails'
- Teachers demand qualified status
- 10 sartorial moments that tell us a lot about politics
- Police probe 'tragic' burns incident
Last Updated at 04:08 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6943.56||Down||-0.02||-0.03%|