Increasing NHS spending in England by the £8bn health bosses warn will be needed by 2020 will be tough but possible, the health secretary says.
- NHS 'needs extra cash and overhaul'
- NHS plan: Five things we've learned
- Robinson: Where will money come from?
- Peston: What price to save NHS?
- How one hospital copes with change
Tesco shares close 6.5% down after the retailer announced that profits were overstated by £263m, £13m more than the original estimate.
A doctor who treated Michael Schumacher for nearly six months after his brain injury in a skiing accident says the F1 champion has made "some progress".
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- Joss Stone's Poppy Appeal vigil01:30
- Disabled Students: Off to university03:00
- The tech start-ups trying to get noticed04:11
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'03:12
- Can King Khan top Diwali box office?02:23
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:23
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
- Classic comedy episodes rediscovered03:06
- Mum's fight over sex abuse of daughter, 1202:02
- Westminster's dog of the year show02:55
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- Battle over the Great Barrier Reef02:52
Harry Roberts and the crime that shocked a nation
Australian photographer explores Greenland's vast ice sheet
Two very different paths to smarter cities
How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
How much do you know about the life of the chicken you eat?
What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
How West Africans are rallying against Ebola stigma
Unite chief on his life, Miliband and why he likes Downton Abbey
- Michael Schumacher: Injured ex-F1 driver makes 'progress'
- Alvin Stardust, glam rock singer, dies aged 72
- Sham weddings trial collapses after officers 'lied on oath'
- Philip Fenton: Tipperary horse trainer guilty over steroids
- Miranda Hart calls time on BBC sitcom
- Tesco shares slump after raised profit error
- Ottawa shootings: Canada to toughen terror laws
- What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
- Do people know where their chicken comes from?
- Everton fans targeted with tear gas in Lille before Europa League game
Last Updated at 14:29 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7385.12||Up||59.36||0.81%|