David Cameron says a future Conservative government would cut taxes for thirty million people as he delivers his party conference speech.
- Robinson: Clear election choice
- Tax cut plans: The effect on you
- Peston: More Thatcher than Thatcher?
- Analysis: Risk v Hope
The head of the US Secret Service, tasked with guarding US President Barack Obama, has resigned following several high-profile security lapses.
The British National Party says it has expelled its former leader Nick Griffin, accusing him of trying to "destabilise" the party.
China issues a warning against "illegal acts" in Hong Kong, as protesters there vow to step up their campaign if the chief executive does not resign.
- Stephen Fry tells 'ugly truth'05:44
- Rare leopard reared in bathroom01:36
- How China reports HK's protests02:01
- The boy with a tax disc obsession01:45
- How PM's figures add up - in 40 secs01:48
- The day Ivan got hitched to Ove04:59
- Are we running out of phone numbers?02:26
- Spandau Ballet on 80s 'hedonism'01:53
UK & Local News
MPs vote by 524 to 43 in favour of UK military action against Islamic State in Iraq.
Find a representative
- Explosions as coalition strikes IS02:46
- Meet girl, 5, with first 3D-printed hand 01:42
- Body found is Alice Gross, say police02:06
- Texas children 'monitored for Ebola' 02:21
- 'Mr Nobody' ups UKIP offer to £1m01:56
- 'Yellow Umbrella Man' HK protest01:54
- Missing schoolgirl family 'heartbroken'01:53
- RAF releases video of Iraq attack01:56
One photographer's take on 1960s Britain
Why is it seen as unusual to eat certain animals?
How Bosnia is helping Cyprus find peace
60-second lowdown on Islamic pilgrimage
Test your knowledge of changes affecting finances on 1 October
The $250m internet firm at the forefront of 'lowbrow click-bait'
The mystery of Connie Converse, the original singer-songwriter
Why paying for tap water in Ireland has led to flood of complaints
The rule that's left Japan's sunny beaches deserted
- BNP expels ex-leader Nick Griffin
- Banksy tackles immigration in mural
- Police confirm Alice Gross body found
- Cheryl Cole web links 'most dangerous'
- First Glastonbury tickets go in 14 minutes
- Airlines told to replace cockpit kit
- Secret Service director resigns
- Tom and Jerry carries racism warning
- Why Japan's sunny beaches are deserted
- Radio and TV host Sheila Tracy dies
Last Updated at 18:24 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7314.38||Down||-68.48||-0.93%|