New measures to fight extremist groups are being looked at by the government, the home secretary says, as she defends counter-terrorism strategy.
- How do you counter the call to jihad?
- UN call to 'prevent Iraq massacre'
- Analysis: Deradicalising Brits in Syria
- What do we know of Foley's killer?
Two lorry drivers from Northern Ireland are remanded in custody following the death of an Afghan migrant found in a container at Tilbury docks in Essex.
Hospitals in England are told to cut the cost of parking for certain groups under new government guidelines.
- SpaceX rocket explodes during test00:39
- How well does comedy travel?03:51
- Obama refuses ice bucket challenge 01:13
- How to have a day out on the cheap02:56
- Why is paddle boarding so popular?02:42
- Work starts on Celtic coin hoard02:00
- Behind-the-scenes at MOTD03:47
- Carol Kirkwood in a motorised bathroom02:09
Most of Saturday's papers lead on measures to track down British jihadists and prevent radicalisation within the UK.
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Israel continues air strikes on Gaza01:19
- From bandit country to beauty area03:00
- I'm no racist or sexist - Mackay02:15
- Dowry 'should be banned' in Britain03:03
- 'I survived Islamic State massacre'03:19
- Beseiged Iraqi children lacking food01:49
- What are options in fight against IS?03:38
- On the front line against IS fighters02:09
The conflict reporting of James Foley
The man who exposes the technology industry's secrets
A quiz on British history you can do in the car
The drunken monkey that smashed up a bar
How West Indians brought the Caribbean to Leeds
How a dog on the tracks sparked a Hong Kong protest
The Doctor Who fan who created the show's new titles
Paris remembers 1944 but memories fade for the fallen
- Galileo satellites on wrong orbit
- Buying '£1,300 cheaper than renting'
- Tardis toilet appears on cycle path
- MH370 search faces tough next phase
- US anger at China 'air interception'
- Merkel in Ukraine as crisis mounts
- The king of the leakers
- Lennon killer denied parole again
- BT warns of rise in phone bills
- May pledges new anti-extremist laws
Last Updated at 09:20 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7341.23||Down||-15.19||-0.21%|