Iraq launches a military operation to recapture Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit from Islamic State.
- Iran's Guards take lead
- Battle for Iraq and Syria in maps
- Iraq minorities 'wipeout threat'
- Why would Iran bomb Islamic State?
- Is this the end of Iraq?
- Iraq country profile
Ten men are charged by police investigating child sexual exploitation in Rochdale, Greater Manchester.
Some 200,000 "starter homes" will be built for first-time buyers in England by 2020 if the Tories win May's general election, the PM says.
Plans to generate electricity from the world's first series of tidal lagoons are unveiled in the UK, with sites proposed in Wales, Somerset and Cumbria.
- 3D mapping Christ the Redeemer01:23
- Girl's 'ruined' life sparks driver pledge
- Giant cake served for Rio's birthday01:48
- Hands-on with LG Urbane smartwatches01:42
- Fifty years of The Sound of Music02:21
- Living underground in the outback02:47
- Winston: 'Enhancing humans unwise'
- Carnival feeling for St David's Day00:30
Ten Premier League news conferences ahead of midweek matches plus reaction to Chelsea's League Cup win and the best of social media.
UK & Local News
Live coverage of today's proceedings, including an urgent question on terrorism.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
Where have all the GPs gone?
How a new word 'broke the Chinese internet'
Are people getting more intelligent?
The hybrid animal causing havoc in the Grand Canyon
Would it be realistic to renationalise the railways?
Is there any room for love in politics?
The world's worst interview - with one of the loneliest men on Earth
Students trade messages across the 'information curtain'
- 'Chelsea fans' in new train racism probe
- A new word that 'broke the Chinese internet'
- Ikea unveils phone-charging furniture at MWC
- Hull bleach attacker Rebecca Morris sentenced
- Ten men charged over Rochdale child abuse claims
- World's first lagoon power plants unveiled in UK
- Brooks to join Murdoch-owned Storyful
- Boris Nemtsov murder: Girlfriend still held by police
- Eurostar services suspended after death on line in Kent
- Iraq moves against Islamic State in Tikrit
Last Updated at 10:04 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8018.16||Up||35.42||0.44%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Create and share your personal story with the BBC archives