The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- NHS plan: Five things we've learned
- Robinson: Where will money come from?
- Peston: What price to save NHS?
- How one hospital copes with change
- Analysis: Plan 'packs a punch'
Canada's prime minister insists his country will not be intimidated, after a gunman rampages through parliament before being shot dead.
A doctor who treated Michael Schumacher for nearly six months after his brain injury in a skiing accident says the F1 champion has made "some progress".
- The tech start-ups trying to get noticed04:11
- Joss Stone's Poppy Appeal vigil01:30
- Disabled Students: Off to university03:00
- Westminster's dog of the year show02:55
- Lost classic comedy shows rediscovered03:06
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
- Can King Khan top Diwali box office?02:23
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- Mum's fight over sex abuse of daughter, 1202:02
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- Battle over the Great Barrier Reef02:52
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- Shots fired inside Canada parliament00:51
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'01:46
Harry Roberts and the crime that shocked a nation
Australian photographer explores Greenland's vast ice sheet
Two very different paths to smarter cities
How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
How much do you know about the life of the chicken you eat?
What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
How West Africans are rallying against Ebola stigma
Unite chief on his life, Miliband and why he likes Downton Abbey
- Everton supporters 'hit with tear gas' in Lille ahead of Europa League game
- Alvin Stardust, glam rock singer, dies aged 72
- Michael Schumacher: Injured ex-F1 driver makes 'progress'
- Tesco shares slump after raised profit error
- How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
- Police killer Harry Roberts to be freed
- Ottawa shootings: Canada not intimidated says PM Harper
- BP and GDF Suez discover new North Sea oil field
- Steven Abberley charged with House of Commons marble throwing
- Analysis: Canada's growing extremism
Last Updated at 10:27 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7361.44||Up||35.68||0.49%|