The NHS will set up 11 centres to unlock the secrets of DNA and help develop tests and drugs to target cancer and rare genetic diseases.
- DNA project 'to make UK world leader'
- Massive DNA volunteer hunt begins
- Science enters $1,000 genome era
Business lobby group the CBI says half of UK firms plan to expand their workforce next year, with more permanent jobs being created than temporary ones.
Beji Caid Essebsi claims victory in Tunisia's first free presidential election, with exit polls suggesting he won more than 55% of the vote
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Elton and David's social media marriage01:50
- Tsunami: Pictures from then and now01:28
- Tunisia voters proud to cast ballots01:14
- New York police officers shot dead02:17
- The acting career of Billie Whitelaw 02:26
- More support for ex-forces prisoners02:15
- US reviews adding NK to terror list01:56
- Strictly 2014 winner is crowned02:06
His pickled heart has provided scientists with few answers
BBC reporter meets Indonesian tsunami survivor 10 years on
How Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett wrote a book
Who, and what, went viral in 2014?
Meet the temporary Christmas posties
Tim Burton on the art fraud that shocked America
The hard side of soft power in China's Confucius institutes
Interactive video remembering the InterCity 125
- New NHS centres to bring in era of DNA-medicine
- France Dijon: Driver targets city pedestrians
- The Apprentice: Mark Wright is Lord Sugar's new partner
- Bangor burglary: Grieving mother's laptop returned
- Actress Billie Whitelaw dies aged 82
- Massive DNA volunteer hunt begins Last updated 7th November 2013
- Big Eyes: Tim Burton on art fraud that shocked America
- Sony hack: US mulls putting N Korea back on terror list
- The mystery of Chopin's death
- Small Data: What are the chances of snow at Christmas?
Last Updated at 21:03 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7747.63||Up||9.97||0.13%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
How WW1 changed the way we bury our war dead