Fiona Woolf is to step down as the head of an inquiry into historic child sex abuse, she has told the BBC.
This year's Halloween is the warmest on record in the UK, with temperatures reaching as high as 23.5C, breaking the previous record of 20C.
Firefighters across England begin a four-day strike in a row over pensions during one of the service's busiest weekends of the year.
- Fiona Woolf steps down: Full interview10:09
- Sixty years of British animation03:18
- Poppy hijab for Remembrance02:08
- The real-life Winnie the Pooh02:35
- The makeshift 'protection' for Ebola02:31
- Inside a haunted house in Louisiana02:38
- The dancers who light up the stage03:41
- Lab for world’s worst animal viruses03:34
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- They drank equivalent of how many burgers?02:54
- Baby pandas wrestle with their keeper01:39
- The mystery drones over nuclear sites01:33
- 'Rage on the streets' in Burkina Faso01:37
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
- Wine vs doughnut: The calories in booze01:39
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
Climate talks stalked by spectre of the past
How one man's luck landed him a place in cinema history
Is moving house a nightmare or life affirming?
How common is propylene glycol in food and drink?
What did Robbie's wife tell him to stop singing during labour?
Tips for a disability-friendly Halloween
The metal detectorists who are saving marriages
How Timothy Spall created 400 artworks for his latest film
Where Ukraine's battle goes on despite ceasefire
F1 star on turning up the pressure in his title fight BBC Sport
- Virgin Galactic spacecraft crash kills one
- Abuse inquiry: Fiona Woolf steps down as chairwoman
- Warmest UK Halloween on record
- Two bodies found after Stafford fireworks blaze
- How often is 'antifreeze' added to food and drink?
- BBC refuses to make Top Gear apology over Argentina row
- Sunderland wheelchair car park drag caught on CCTV
- Maine judge: No forced quarantine for nurse Kaci Hickox
- Rolf Harris loses first conviction appeal bid
- Halloween pumpkins: Louis van Gaal and Manuel Pellegrini carved
Last Updated at 18:07 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7578.13||Up||76.11||1.01%|