India's Supreme Court overturns a 2009 ruling and upholds a law criminalising gay sex, in a move seen as a major blow to gay rights.
- Biswas: Shock for gay Indians
- 'It feels good to be legitimate'
- Fear and loathing in gay India
- Gay sex decriminalised in India
The US suspends all non-lethal assistance for the opposition in northern Syria after Islamist rebels seize bases belonging to the Free Syrian Army.
- Nelson Mandela's body lying in state02:05
- In the crowd at Mandela's memorial02:54
- 'The people's chance to say goodbye'04:53
- Cheers for Obama, boos for Jacob Zuma00:46
- Maya Angelou's poetic Mandela tribute02:31
- Tutu scolds crowd for 'discipline'02:17
- 'I heard freed Mandela speak at stadium'02:22
- Key speeches at memorial service01:52
- Family on a 'towering' Mandela01:25
- World leaders and stars at memorial01:03
- Zuma: Mandela a 'fearless fighter'03:33
- Your memories of Mandela01:57
- 'Blessing' of rain affects turn-out00:58
- Mandela daughter: 'Family there at end'06:17
- South Africa after Nelson Mandela 01:42
- 'Our nation has lost its greatest son'08:22
Other Top Stories
Pro-EU protesters in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, push back riot police from their protest bastions as the interior minister promises not to use force.
Uruguay's parliament votes to legalise the cultivation, sale and consumption of marijuana - the first country to do so.
- Soldier's new life with bionic arm03:18
- CAR crisis - in 60 seconds01:00
- The 'living hell' of Dhaka's factories02:31
- One-minute World News00:57
- Inside Kiev's frozen protest city01:27
- Syria fighter: 'We are all al-Qaeda'03:00
- 'I lived in Antarctica for two years'03:36
- Jail term for PIP implant boss01:31
The roads, parks, bus stops and bars named after the late leader
Syria sides vie for position as Geneva peace talks loom
Why Uruguay is legalising its marijuana market
How to thwart those trying to catch you out over Christmas
'If mum takes her mask off, we are all at risk'
A golden era for photography
A new model for Uganda's lack of schools
Is China poised to expel two major US news outlets?
- Madagascar village 'hit by plague'
- Fernanda Lima and the dress that shocked Iran
- Child 'training' book triggers backlash
- India court reinstates gay sex ban
- Supervolcano 'even more colossal'
- Putin orders Arctic military boost
- Ukraine police abandon stand-off
- Outcry over 'inept' S Africa signer
- Visitors file past Mandela's body
- Uruguay votes to legalise marijuana
Last Updated at 07:08 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7060.17||Up||25.55||0.36%|
The cult classic Jamaican crime film The Harder They Come, its reggae soundtrack - and its legacy