The man killed in a suspected terrorist attack in south-east London on Wednesday was a member of the armed forces, Whitehall sources have confirmed.
- Analysis: The long-feared attack
- Reactions to the Woolwich murder
- Woolwich murder: The attackers
- In pictures: Woolwich attack
Space engineers in Ecuador are trying to establish if the country's only satellite has been destroyed in a crash with space debris.
- Oklahoma: Frantic search for boy03:36
- Tornado clean up begins in Oklahoma01:28
- King wins first female Gershwin prize01:42
- Toxic rice causes concern in China01:10
- New cruise route to North Korea01:21
- 'Lack of trust' between Russia and Europe02:42
- Parents quit Singapore death probe02:33
- Russia 'outrage' at Eurovision snub02:30
Other Top Stories
US Attorney General Eric Holder confirms that four American citizens have been killed in US drone strikes in Yemen and Pakistan since 2011.
A way of creating more effective vaccines which could protect against a broad range of flu viruses has been reported by US researchers.
Global stock markets fall after weak Chinese economic data and concerns that the US Federal Reserve may scale back monetary stimulus efforts.
- Ex-senator: How to fix Congress03:49
- Journey into an Icelandic volcano03:37
- Iron Man 3 is a superhero in China01:48
- Hong Kong gets new electric taxis01:12
- One-minute World News01:00
- Film charts China's thirst for red wine03:59
- Singapore's ethical jewellery outlet 01:43
- All mod cons in Ghana building boom01:24
US town's slow tornado recovery offers lessons for Oklahoma
Getting ready for bookless libraries
Why Afghan children are learning the art of skateboarding
The lives of the male masseurs of Mumbai
France reacts to far-right author's suicide
Ignore Oxford English Dictionary, says Gif image format inventor
UK security chiefs had feared an attack, writes Dominic Casciani
- Attack victim 'was in armed forces'
- Shot US suspect 'admitted' murder
- Four American drone deaths confirmed
- Woolwich: The long-feared attack
- Woolwich attack reaction
- Feet home to more than 100 fungi
- Stockholm suburbs gripped by riots
- In Pictures: Woolwich attack
- Are people drinking too much coffee?
- Trans-US solar plane sets new record