Politicians on both sides of the independence debate are to consider the best way ahead for Scotland after voters backed remaining in the UK.
- What now for the key players?
- Salmond to quit after Scots vote No
- Row brewing over English powers
- Politicians react to Salmond exit
- Scotland vote: World reacts
Police make six arrests after separating groups of rival Unionist and independence supporters in George Square in the centre of Glasgow.
- Police separate rival crowds in Glasgow01:33
- Voters' views as Salmond resigns02:08
- Alex Salmond's career in politics04:19
- What next? Stage is set for Act Two01:00
- The minute Scotland knew01:19
- What tipped the balance?03:01
- A time of change for UK politics02:56
- Salmond resigns as First Minister03:10
- What 'No' means for the rest of the world02:24
- Tears and smiles after a long night01:59
- Highlights of historic day and night02:28
- Salmond 'formidable' - Miliband02:12
Other Top Stories
Some 49 Turkish hostages seized by militants in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul in June are now back in Turkey, says Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu.
The Ukrainian government and pro-Russian rebels agree a memorandum on a peace plan for the conflict in the east of the country, at talks in Minsk.
Leading British Muslim scholars make a direct appeal to Islamic State militants to free Alan Henning, a UK hostage threatened with death.
- Metal ballet meets Games of Thrones 02:41
- US jet in emergency landing01:27
- Glass ceiling sheds light on artworks01:46
- UK mosques condemn kidnappers01:59
- Hiding currency in the Dark Wallet03:55
- What you miss living in the wilderness02:13
- Fancy a look inside Downing Street?02:28
- Ebola warning is 'a wake-up call'03:13
UK & Local News
Tory MP John Baron asks an urgent question on the government's response to Islamic State.
Find a representative
A marriage counsellor on healing the referendum hurt
The scary element that helped save the crew of Apollo 13
Satellite images reveal Syria's heritage trashed by war
The most efficient break is 17 minutes, and more nuggets
The bitcoin wallet with controversial users
Images from around the world over the past seven days
Why I'm risking my life to help people with Ebola
Migrant survivors in Malta speak of horror at sea
Social media trends of the week - in 60 seconds
Why authorities refuse to ban disruptive protesters
The life and times of Scotland's independence leader
- California 'King fire' doubles in size02:01
- William takes Kate's place in Malta01:23
- Guinea Ebola team found killed01:46
- Catalonia: Scotland vote 'no setback'01:21
- Alice Gross: Police continue search01:21
- Obama: We must stop sexual assault01:51
- Serbian towns hit by flooding00:30
- Inside the fire-gutted dogs' home00:30
- Police separate rivals in Glasgow
- Palace raised Harry photo concern
- Women gain as gender gap 'narrows'
- 'Turmoil' over flood precaution move
- New Zealand votes in 'dirtiest' poll
- The scary element that saved the crew of Apollo 13
- BBC cuts star pay by £9.5m
- Hurricane Odile: British couple missing off Mexican coast
- Dennis Waterman to leave New Tricks
- Cameron: Let's build a better UK
Last Updated at 01:53 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7508.95||Up||23.70||0.32%|