A five-year-old boy with a brain tumour whose parents removed him from hospital against medical advice has been found, police confirm.
Rona Fairhead, former head of the Financial Times Group, is to become the first woman to chair the BBC Trust, replacing Lord Patten in the role.
The terrorist threat posed by Islamist extremists is as much a concern for countries in mainland Europe as it is for the UK, David Cameron says.
More than 250 are injured as police in Islamabad fire tear gas at protesters marching on the residence of Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif.
- Should you recline your plane seat?03:39
- Peter Kay lights up Blackpool00:26
- Dahl: Charlie chapters discovered02:28
- WW1 Private's medals given to museum01:58
- Rides and risks in huge California waves02:37
- Horse dances to Shakira at Games01:25
- BBC presenter Amroliwala's best bits02:34
- Brazil dismantles Amazon 'destroyers'01:12
Many papers discuss the UK's response to the threat posed by returning jihadi fighters, and there is a prediction of a good night for UKIP in the Clacton by-election.
UK & Local News
MPs approve the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Bill at second reading.
Find a representative
- Rescuers free Nicaraguan miners01:28
- Police trial Bond-style tracking darts00:33
- ZMapp: The cure for Ebola?01:52
- Jews 'forced' from Guatemala village01:31
- Kurdish father's grief at son's death03:06
- Cyclist attempts race in Himalayas 01:37
- Displaced, desperate: Syrians seek refuge 01:39
- Missing boy's 'life is in danger'02:30
What's it like living in a substandard home?
Can the fear of being seen as racist cause problems?
The multi-million dollar makeover that's divided a nation
Three weeks until Scotland votes - this week's key moments
The bizarre tale of the pig singing competition
How your landlord could soon be a corporate brand
Yawning is contagious for wolves, and other nuggets
...but not discouraged - gay son in video row speaks out
The quest to find the perfect party anthem
Why stability is all most Pakistanis really want
- Missing Ashya King found in Spain
- US TV host found murdered at home
- 'Forgotten' Swiss baby dies in car
- US football's Amazonian heartbreak
- EU sets Russia sanctions ultimatum
- Gold-diggers find treasure on beach
- Making a friendlier Raspberry Pi
- Could this be the end of the Grand Canyon?
- How far will tech fitness products run?
- The jihadi issue and a Clacton electoral "bloodbath" - the papers
Last Updated at 20:15 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7381.14||Up||10.00||0.14%|