The UK's spending watchdog criticises ministers for failing to deport more foreign national offenders - saying performance has barely improved over eight years.
- Tory immigration rebels defeated
- May: Deport criminals before appeal
- 5,000 criminals avoid deportation
Doctors in England will be paid £55 every time they diagnose dementia, health chiefs say, but the scheme is criticised by a patients' group.
A British man is found dead with his hands tied and throat cut on the Indonesian island of Bali, the British embassy in Jakarta says.
Paul Cantlie, the father of Islamic State hostage John Cantlie, has died, less than two weeks after making a plea for his son to be released.
- Sweden searches for 'mystery sub' in bay01:44
- Near miss as part of stadium collapses00:30
- Making sure war dead live on in memory02:35
- Rough time for those landing in storm01:22
- Swedish search for 'foreign sub' in bay01:35
- Paralysed man walks after cell surgery02:57
- Norton: I wish I was more rebellious04:18
- Sculpture honours the Land Girls01:49
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Tuesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- 'I've been looking forward to getting out'01:25
- Ebola: The doctors risking their lives01:53
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Storm leaves one dead and four hurt01:58
- Oscar Pistorius begins jail sentence03:08
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex01:18
- Pooley's parents support his return04:55
Tales from the days when British diplomats ran the Gulf
How safe is it to eat mouldy food?
Why being over 40 makes you the perfect entrepreneur
The people who buy and then cancel student debt
How a government minister sought relief for a country in crisis
How organic, vegan gingerbread 'people' divided online opinion
Spy chief's parting warning on online privacy
Activists discuss Hong Kong protests over champagne
- British man found dead with throat cut in Bali
- Islamic State: US probes 'stray Syria air drop' in IS video
- Paul Cantlie, father of Islamic State hostage, dies
- How safe is mouldy food to eat?
- Wind farms outstrip nuclear power
- Debt campaigners tear up student loans
- GPs to be paid £55 for each dementia diagnosis
- Newspaper review: Dementia cash, coma conman, and Pistorius jailed
- Caterham F1 manufacturer goes into administration
- GCHQ's outgoing director warns spies must monitor the internet
Last Updated at 02:23 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7294.20||Up||17.33||0.24%|