The UK's terror threat level is raised from "substantial" to "severe" in response to conflicts in Iraq and Syria, the government announces.
The health of a five-year-old boy taken from hospital by his parents against medical advice will deteriorate rapidly as the battery on his feeding system is likely to have run out, police say.
The police force at the centre of the Rotherham child abuse scandal admits a report has laid bare its failings over a number of years.
The only trial data on the experimental Ebola drug ZMapp shows it is 100% effective in monkey studies, even in later stages of the infection.
- Rides and risks in huge California waves02:37
- BBC presenter Amroliwala's best bits02:34
- 100-year-old tortoise is on the move01:10
- California's new gold rush02:51
- Song of a four-storey 'earth harp'01:48
- Millionaires search Med for migrants03:18
- Quentin Blake's secrets of drawing04:24
- Millions spent on restoring moors01:33
UK & Local News
MPs approve the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Bill at second reading.
Find a representative
- Iceland volcano fissure seen from air01:34
- Why has the terror level changed?02:20
- Displaced, desperate: Syrians seek refuge 01:39
- Brazil dismantles Amazon 'destroyers'01:12
- Grandad's anguish at 13-year-old's abuse03:30
- Missing boy's 'life is in danger'01:42
- RSPCA seeks ban on monkeys as pets 02:27
- Nato peace camp opens in Newport01:56
The Tory MPs being tipped to follow Carswell to UKIP
The odd objects looted by the British from Washington in 1814
Obama's gaffe on Islamic State reveals political truth
The millionaires who rescue people at sea
What unusual offence got a Frenchman thrown off a plane?
Internet phenomenon or propaganda coup?
The art of making boats out of coffee stirrers
What industry learned from World War One
- Gun found at film director's home
- UK's terror threat level raised
- Obama's 'no strategy' gaffe on IS
- Ukraine 'slipping out of control'
- Search as boy, 12, swept into sea
- Australian actor Bill Kerr dies
- Judge scolds 'Harry Potter' lawyer
- Scientists solve 'sliding rocks' puzzle
- The millionaires who rescue people at sea
- Missing boy's 'life is in danger'
Last Updated at 14:53 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7384.03||Up||12.89||0.17%|