David Cameron urges EU leaders to back his "reasonable" plans to curb welfare benefits for migrants, saying he will "rule nothing out" if they fail.
- Reaction to PM's speech
- UK migration: What's really happening?
- Nick Robinson: What's in and what's not
- Q&A: What benefits can EU migrants get?
- Clegg backs EU migrant benefit limits
Cricket Australia will hold an investigation into player safety following the death of Test batsman Phillip Hughes. BBC Sport
The lowest ever number of winter deaths were recorded last year, official figures for England and Wales show.
Regulator Ofgem imposes record £28m penalty on power generator Drax, while InterGen faces an £11m payout, for missing energy saving obligations
- Campbell's Ebola campaign shop01:32
- #PutOutYourBats tributes to Hughes00:44
- Building the Olympic Stadium's new roof02:55
- Saving Darth Vader's childhood home03:04
- City gives away last Christmas tree01:42
- UK's longest-serving political leader04:07
- Grey squirrels 'should be culled'03:06
- If Britain were Syria, who would be left?
UK & Local News
- Planes tossed around in Brisbane storm01:17
- Cameron ad-libs while alarm sounds01:00
- Putin's tiger 'raids Chinese farms'01:07
- 'Black Friday' chaos at UK shops
- Black Friday: Wal-Mart workers revolt01:39
- Mental health deaths as beds cut01:13
- 'Boys are never taught not to rape'02:08
- 'Too few' toddlers having flu vaccine01:02
The radio show that got schoolchildren singing
Why a sportsman's death hits us so hard BBC Sport
A mother's decision to leave Whatsapp chat group goes viral
The seven best metaphors for the economy
Which singer didn't want Taylor Swift playing her in a movie?
Saving Kenya's children born of incest from a death sentence
Why going green isn't good for everyone
Did Korea encourage prostitutes near US military bases?
The runners who race each other with their dogs
Finding bounty in the depths of Davy Jones's locker
- 'Black Friday': Police called to supermarket crowds
- David Cameron seeks EU support for new migration curbs
- #BBCtrending: 'I refuse to be my daughter's diary'
- Smith Commission 'dropped welfare proposals'
- Plebgate: 'Andrew Mitchell should not have lost job', says ex-PC
- Police called to Black Friday scuffles at Tesco stores
- Police called to Black Friday sale at south Wales stores
- Lowest ever winter deaths recorded
- Seven mental health patients died waiting for beds
- Peter Kay bringing back Phoenix Nights for two live shows
Last Updated at 06:53 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7896.85||Down||-9.11||-0.12%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Key moments from the career of David Hockney.