Pope Francis is to set up a Vatican committee to fight sexual abuse of children in the Catholic Church and offer help to victims.
- Viewpoint: Way ahead for Catholic Church
- Profile: Pope Francis
- Pope calls for action on sex abuse
- Vatican rebuffs UN sex abuse queries
- Lampedusa: Whole families lie in tombs02:49
- On board US navy ship amid China row02:20
- Stolen radioactive material found01:46
- Former presidents back Ukraine rally01:52
- Fear and terror: Africa's forgotten war04:11
- Truce as Thai king calls for support01:42
- Afghan concerns over security 02:08
- Elba on portraying a living legend02:09
Other Top Stories
A suicide car bomb followed by a gunbattle at Yemen's defence ministry have left at least 29 people dead and more than 70 injured, officials say.
The US and China had "very direct" talks about China's new air defence identification zone, says US Vice-President Joe Biden.
President Barack Obama calls for government action to remedy what he describes as profound income inequality and a lack of social mobility in the US.
- Living on a 'ghost ship', hoping for pay02:44
- Landslide rips apart roads in southern Italy00:31
- Bhutan's magical mask dances02:55
- One-minute World News01:02
- Banksy works to go under the hammer01:35
- BBC inside Ukraine protest site02:02
- Is this Julia's best performance yet?04:04
- Leg bone gives up oldest human DNA02:03
The secret double life of a gay neo-Nazi
Burmese field where people seek their fortune
20 tales from readers of being an only child
Ford Mustang and the history of US muscle cars
A quest to become China's cupcake queen
Meeting Greece's million unpaid workers
Booming Canadian economy attracts British workers
Has the Green Climate Fund got a chance of reaching its target?
Mountie fights for right to smoke cannabis in uniform
Should we fear the rise of Chinese telecoms group Huawei?
John Simpson on the changing face of world's superpowers
- Tact needed as global power shifts
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC
- Storm brings wind and rail shutdown
- NSA 'tracking' millions of mobiles
- Pope sets up body on child abuse
- 'US teacher' shot dead in Libya
- How photographs told the story of the Vietnam War
- The secret double life of a gay neo-Nazi
- India 'man-eating' tiger captured
- Obama: US must fix 'unequal economy'
Last Updated at 08:47 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7013.95||Up||1.17||0.02%|
The cult classic Jamaican crime film The Harder They Come, its reggae soundtrack - and its legacy