South Korean officials say a rescue operation at the capsized ferry may take two months, as divers battle strong currents to reach the missing.
- Ferry divers' video shown to relatives01:08
- Three bodies recovered from ferry01:28
- Father: 'I should have told her to jump'01:25
- Was ferry cargo properly secured?01:59
- Video from stricken Korean ferry00:35
- S Korea families 'expect the worst'01:17
- S Korea ferry captain: 'I am sorry'01:00
- S Korea ferry boss admits 'grave sin'00:23
- Six-year-old rescued from ferry 00:44
- Amateur video 'from inside tilted ship'02:59
- Aerial video of frantic helicopter rescues01:10
- Footage shows panic as boats arrive01:27
Ukraine suspends operations against pro-Russian militants occupying government offices in the east over Easter, but the stand-off remains.
A seven-year-old boy who was badly burnt in an incident in Aberdeen is in a "critical" condition in hospital, police reveal.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Kate tries out fighter jet in Australia01:19
- East Ukraine Jews told 'pay tax or go'02:53
- SpaceX launches station cargo flight02:31
- Quake hits Mexico City news broadcast01:39
- Police appeal over burnt child01:03
- 'Tug of war' Banksy art in museum01:30
- Buttock silicone injections 'lethal'02:08
- Golfer Larrazabal attacked by hornets00:20
The airport that hosted a roll-call of presidents
The 8 tribes of people who keep buying records
The element that makes a familiar smell when mixed with urine
Fighter jets and screaming crowds for William and Kate
Will stamps get cheaper if Scots go it alone?
What's the story of John Lewis' 150 years of success?
Portrait painter Susanne du Toit on being an artist
The best news photographs from around the world
Rhea birds can be extremely dangerous, plus other factlets
- Family car catches fire among lions
- Former Radio 4 presenter dies at 88
- Billionaire to build Titanic II
- HMRC 'plans to share personal data'
- 'Two months' for Korea ferry salvage
- France 'has too many foreigners'
- Wealthy Romney reveals 14% taxes
- The eight tribes of vinyl collector
- Police probe 'tragic' burns incident
- UK economy: Half-speed ahead
Last Updated at 08:22 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6943.56||Down||-0.02||-0.03%|