Islamic State jihadists demanded a $132m (£80m) ransom for the release of US journalist James Foley, his employer Globalpost says.
- Global media aghast at Foley murder
- Iraq and Syria: Other hostages
- UK hunts 'British' suspect
- Did inaction on Syria foment chaos?
- Social network can't stop IS posts
- Trauma warning on Foley video
Undercover police officers accused of starting relationships with women will not face sex offence charges but could face misconduct proceedings.
Bank of America agrees to pay a record $16.7bn (£10bn) to US authorities for selling toxic mortgage loans that helped trigger the financial crisis.
- Meet S Korea's secret weapon02:38
- Hanoi gardens' blooming trade01:38
- Man named world's oldest, aged 11101:07
- 'Our friend has given us a son'02:19
- Lancasters and Vulcan take to the skies01:05
- Hood and jazz shoes: Red Riding retold02:44
- Anastacia talks big and little things03:20
- Young Doctor Who fans meet Capaldi02:04
UK & Local News
Israel's response to rocket attacks must be "proportionate", insists a minister.
Find a representative
- Ebola survivor 'thrilled to be alive'03:05
- Police tackle wrong-way driver head on00:45
- The MI5 hunt for journalist's killer02:06
- Mystery of closed Moscow McDonald's02:34
- Mass rally as Hamas leaders buried01:14
- Search through mud for Japan survivors01:20
- Gulnara treated 'worse than dog' 02:11
- Iraqi baby girl named 'refugee'03:14
Why aren't there full criminal checks on would-be parents?
Why Wales will make its own mind up on independence
The man who helped bring yoga to the West
What makes Bedford the most generous town in UK?
Hope fades for Syrians one year after chemical attack
What really happens before a police officer fires their gun?
The self-made businessman who became Ireland's eighth PM
Shopkeepers in Rome deal with reality of endless economic crisis
What happens when Britons fighting in Syria return home?
- Ten days left to hoover up a cleaner
- Comedian reads The Sun while driving
- Foley killers 'wanted $132m ransom'
- Crash map: UK road deaths
- Hanged India girls 'rape' in doubt
- UK hunts 'British' beheading suspect
- UK's 'most generous town' revealed
- Russia widens McDonald's food probe
- Spy camera cash machine gang jailed
- BBC Sir Cliff coverage 'appropriate'
Last Updated at 13:59 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7363.85||Up||48.84||0.67%|