David Cameron lays a wreath in memory of Sir Winston Churchill as events mark the 50th anniversary of his state funeral.
- Farewell to Churchill remembered
- Ten greatest controversies
- Greatness despite his flaws
- Churchill's gift of the gab
The rise in childhood obesity, which has left one in three children overweight, may be beginning to level off in the under-10s, a study suggests.
Eurozone deflation deepens in January, as prices fall by 0.6% compared with last year, pushed down by lower oil prices.
Wintry weather continues to cause travel disruption in parts of England.
- Why Taylor Swift's lyrics are protected01:17
- 'Russia still a force to be reckoned with'
- 'I lost £18m lottery win by 7 seconds'02:26
- Bedtime vs sporting success? 03:04
- John Humphrys goes to the GP
- An immigrant's struggle to assimilate03:41
- Rantzen: 'Lipman comments insulting'01:16
- Memories of Sir Winston Churchill01:49
Huge rises in gas company profits and big increases in the number of animals slaughtered without being stunned are two of Friday's papers front page topics.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including a debate on the Iraq Inquiry.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- The Tibetan monk with 170 children01:55
- Murray on Kim's colourful outburst00:26
- Shipwreck treasure hunter in US court01:20
- Balloonists break Pacific record01:36
- The 11m 'ghost' residents of the US02:50
- Ice climber scales frozen Niagara Falls00:37
- Gunman arrested at Dutch TV station00:56
- BBC Tech chief tries 'chip and skin'02:20
Did the soldiers of WW1 have an irrational fear of poison gas?
French teachers on the front line after Charlie Hebdo attack
What really goes on in a care home?
The remarkable appeal of the Finnish baby boxes
Who was the zombie cat?
French government's extremism message mocked
Why it pays for players like Murray to have an entourage
UKIP's battle to attract more young members
What people miss about life before the Ebola outbreak
- As it happened: Severe weather in north-west England on Friday 30 January 2015
- BBC Local Live: Updates for Derbyshire on Friday 30 January 2015
- Politics Live - Churchill remembered
- Robbie Coltrane rushed to Florida hospital after flight
- South Africa apartheid assassin de Kock given parole
- Teenager isolated over cancer charity haircut
- Fresh snow brings travel disruption in England
- Eurozone deflation gathers pace in January
- Sir Winston Churchill's funeral marked 50 years on
- Child obesity rates 'levelling off' among under-10s
Last Updated at 07:24 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7947.84||Down||-11.15||-0.14%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Panic before pay day? Slash your food bill with our top tips