Several hundred people remain unaccounted for after a ferry carrying 476 people capsized and sank off South Korea, officials say.
Hundreds of thousands more people are turning to food banks to stop themselves from going hungry, says charity the Trussell Trust.
Parents across England are going to find whether they have their preferred choice of primary school place.
- Royals touch down in Australia00:42
- Footage of rare 'blood moon' eclipse01:20
- Could these vehicles find MH370?01:50
- 'Chingford skinhead' writes children's book03:03
- How huge Cold War dish stayed secret
- In the shadow of India's concrete jungle02:43
- 40 years of Jean Paul Gaultier02:27
- Michael Morpurgo: How to mark WW106:35
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Anti-graffiti CCTV captures Banksy01:41
- Russian Lada 'chases down Ukraine tank'01:53
- South Korea ferry rescue under way01:35
- Anfield falls silent for anniversary02:02
- Biden tells Boston: 'We own finish line'01:31
- 'I love you' - Reeva's Valentine's card01:09
- Hair salon poster angers N Korea05:07
- Defence minister confronted in Glasgow02:30
Would this dessert taste different on a black plate?
How New Zealand reacted to William, Kate - and George
Why BBC Two's launch was not all right on the night
What are the mysterious numbers read out on shortwave radio?
Children's uplifting letters of hope to homeless Syrians
Thousands mourn Hillsborough's victims on 25th anniversary
Son of slain Sikh leader running for US Congress
Who was buried behind a boys' school in Florida?
How 3D printing is changing the shape of lessons
The abandoned hamlet its mayor wants to give away
- S Korea ferry carrying 350 'sinking'
- New Banksy art removed with crowbar
- UB40 gig 'made fan's ear bleed'
- What was the mysterious black ring in Leamington Spa?
- Warning over bowel cancer screening
- Putin: Ukraine on brink of civil war
- Poverty 'scandal' and benefits 'outrage' - front pages
- William and Kate arrive in Sydney
- Hair salon visited over N Korea ad
- Tesco announces 6% fall in profit
Last Updated at 03:40 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6902.61||Up||21.33||0.31%|