There is no link between tough laws and levels of illegal drug use, a Home Office study finds, sparking a policy row within the coalition government.
Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly acknowledged his sexuality saying he made his announcement to help others struggling with their identity.
Protesters angry at plans to allow Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore to extend his 27-year-rule set fire to parliament in the capital.
The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
- Inside India bank robbers' tunnel02:08
- Westminster and Whitehall ghost tales02:07
- How to build an engine in 42 seconds02:02
- You behind the pillar, you're on camera!00:54
- Lava flow creeps toward Hawaii homes00:47
- Becoming a mother at 70 in India02:31
- Newly-lit Sistine Chapel is unveiled02:01
- Sonic boom after 'shoot down' warning02:36
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the House of Commons, as MPs debate the sale of mobile homes.
Find a representative
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
- On the buses with Prince Harry01:40
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
- Breastfeeding photo deleted by Facebook02:20
- No hugs for Ebola volunteers02:14
- Puppy farm murders: 'He's shot my mum'03:08
- Skater's view of listed status skatepark02:42
The developer forced to leave her home due to threats
Are the days of the humble key numbered?
What MPs can and can't wear in parliament
The Leonardo hidden from Hitler in case it gave him special powers
The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
Are plans to link health and social care as good as they sound?
Is eating sage better for your alertness than coffee?
Africans unimpressed with TV chef's take on a classic
England's strange and ancient Halloween alternatives
- Apple chief Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Sarah Payne's father Michael found dead at Kent home
- UK government can be sued over rendition claims, judges rule
- Zoe Quinn: GamerGate must be condemned
- Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze
- Plane hits Kansas airport building
- No link between tough penalties and drug use - report
- Ebola outbreak: Nurse Kaci Hickox defies quarantine
- Jerusalem holy site closure 'declaration of war' - Abbas
- The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
Last Updated at 11:52 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7483.10||Up||36.26||0.49%|