David Cameron says a future Conservative government would cut taxes for thirty million people as he delivers his party conference speech.
- Robinson: Clear election choice
- Tax cut plans: The effect on you
- Peston: More Thatcher than Thatcher?
- Analysis: Risk v Hope
Secret Service director Julia Pierson resigns as criticism of the agency intensified following several high-profile security lapses.
A body found in a west London river is that of missing Alice Gross, the Metropolitan Police confirm.
China issues a warning against "illegal acts" in Hong Kong, as protesters there vow to step up their campaign if the chief executive does not resign.
UK & Local News
MPs vote by 524 to 43 in favour of UK military action against Islamic State in Iraq.
Find a representative
- Explosions as coalition strikes IS02:46
- Meet girl, 5, with first 3D-printed hand 01:42
- Body found is Alice Gross, say police02:06
- Texas children 'monitored for Ebola' 02:21
- Girl found 12 years after abduction01:20
- 'Mr Nobody' ups UKIP offer to £1m01:56
- Missing schoolgirl family 'heartbroken'01:53
- 'Yellow Umbrella Man' HK protest01:54
One photographer's take on 1960s Britain
Why is it seen as unusual to eat certain animals?
How Bosnia is helping Cyprus find peace
60-second lowdown on Islamic pilgrimage
Test your knowledge of changes affecting finances on 1 October
The $250m internet firm at the forefront of 'lowbrow click-bait'
The mystery of Connie Converse, the original singer-songwriter
Why paying for tap water in Ireland has led to flood of complaints
The rule that's left Japan's sunny beaches deserted
- Europe: All change on Iraq
- 'Racist' Banksy mural destroyed
- BNP expels ex-leader Nick Griffin
- Major calls for energy windfall tax
- Cheryl Cole web links 'most dangerous'
- River body confirmed as missing Alice
- The end of the mademoiselle?
- Over 500 GP practices 'risk closure'
- Conservative MPs urge EU laws veto
- France imposes first niqab fines
Last Updated at 20:18 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7316.97||Up||2.59||0.04%|