Mortgage applicants will face tougher questions about their lifestyle from lenders, under new rules about to come into force.
- New mortgage rules and you
- Where can I afford to live?
- Buying your first property
- Half a million in negative equity
Ed Miliband will unveil plans to tackle the "epidemic" of zero-hours contracts in a speech in Scotland later.
The government says it is making "urgent inquiries" into reports Whitehall computers were used to make insulting comments about the Hillsborough disaster.
- The heroic all-black regiment of WW102:37
- Pilot on swimmers' SOS rescue 00:37
- British soldiers' week with Chinese army07:16
- Banksy art on show in London hotel02:32
- Record base jump from tallest building01:00
- Bollywood heads to America for awards01:57
- A tale of two Europes02:51
- Film features plight of African park04:02
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Obama plays football with Japanese robot01:00
- William and Kate - tour highlights01:53
- Barricades burn after Ukraine raid00:54
- Tattoo woman 'treated like a criminal'02:30
- Pensioner risks life on level crossing00:55
- F1 boss Ecclestone in German court02:18
- NYPD's Twitter campaign backfires01:21
- Both legs lost in factory collapse02:39
Baby steals show as tour reveals rise in support for monarchy
Who are the people who take down Kim Jong-un's every word?
The story of one young man who 'couldn't believe he was lovable'
What made Poland's prime minister become an internet hit?
The lab that tests everyday products
How a Scottish Yes vote would change the UK Parliament
How easy is to coin your own virtual currency?
Are these the best food photographs of the past year?
The big questions from F1 chief's first day in Munich court BBC Sport
- Girl gives father's CV to Mrs Obama
- Gherkin tower in receivership
- Why is Kim Jong-un always surrounded by people taking notes?
- Lifestyle quiz to secure a mortgage
- 'He couldn't believe he was lovable'
- UK science to get £200m polar ship
- Hamster-sized deer born in Spain
- New hearing for Briton in US prison
- Miliband plans zero-hours crackdown
- Ukraine raids spark war of words
Last Updated at 00:58 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7000.50||Down||-2.32||-0.03%|