The leader of the Lebanese Shia militant Hezbollah movement promises his supporters victory in Syria, saying Sunni rebels pose a threat to Lebanon.
At least 16 children and a teacher are killed in a fire on their school bus in the eastern Pakistan of Gujrat, police say.
- Oklahoma: Loved ones lost in tragedy02:51
- Man plays guitar during brain surgery01:35
- Turtle rescued after swallowing plastic01:10
- Saudi drivers in 'sidewalk skiing' craze01:22
- Puglisi beatification 'turning point'01:41
- Stockholm cars and schools targeted02:17
- Fifty years of the African Union01:55
- US road bridge falls into river01:47
Other Top Stories
At least 16 people, including a senior leader of India's ruling Congress party, are killed after their convoy was attacked by Maoist rebels, officials say.
Live text commentary as Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich contest an all-German Champions League final at Wembley. BBC Sport
- Zoo worker dies after tiger attack01:39
- Will Smith surprise at City Hall02:34
- Love is in the aria: On-stage proposal01:48
- One-minute World News00:58
- Police 'clean up' Mafia stronghold02:36
- Footage from on board stricken plane01:37
- The Queen and her passion for horses03:34
- Chinese farmer creates 'bionic arms'02:19
Hecklers, Anthony Weiner and more - all in 140 characters
Fifty chart-toppers that have kept Africa beating
Why this weekend's Grand Prix is so special BBC Sport
Argentines polarised over the Kirchner decade
What we have learnt from Martian probes
The UN's illusion of protection in eastern DR Congo
How will Nawaz Sharif cope with the army, asks Ilyas Khan
- Murder sparks anti-Muslim backlash
- Mayor 'sorry' for US brothel remarks
- Extra police heading for Stockholm
- 'Black widow' bombing in Russia
- Hezbollah promises Syria 'victory'
- Apple 1 from 1976 sells for $650,000
- Cow slurry fetish man admits threats
- Bridge collapses after US rail crash
- 'Maoist rebels' kill 16 in India
- How safe are US road bridges?