South African athlete Oscar Pistorius is sentenced to five years in jail for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- Reaction to sentence
- Five-year sport ban
- The rise and fall of Pistorius
- What the witnesses said
- Special report: Pistorius trial
The number of complaints about GCSE and A-level marking rose sharply this year, with a fifth of challenges leading to grade changes, says Ofqual.
There has been a rapid deterioration in the state of jails in England and Wales with cracks in the system of widening, the chief prison of inspector warns.
- Man falls 60 feet into Alps crevasse01:50
- UKIP Calypso 'made my ears vomit'02:37
- Kellie: My brothers don't accept me01:54
- New smart glasses 'look to rival Google'02:01
- Halal lipstick launches in India01:55
- Donetsk rocked by chemical plant blast01:09
- European and UK police join forces02:02
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies01:43
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Tuesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Pregnant Duchess makes appearance00:56
- Bondi Beach surfers fight depression03:14
- Ebola: The doctors risking their lives01:53
- Storms hit UK amid hurricane aftermath01:13
- Man guilty of fake-girl webcam sex01:18
- Paralysed man walks after cell surgery01:48
- Pooley's parents support his return04:55
- British medics head to Sierra Leone02:49
What happened to the kids from 1970s experimental schools?
Was this man the world's greatest puzzle master?
A deafblind student on life away from home
How racing the Tube went global
The photographer who snapped Gandalf and Jean-Luc Picard
Life and work of US fashion designer Oscar de la Renta
New drama five years after start of eurozone crisis
The project that enabled a paralysed man to walk again
David Attenborough's new series on the journey through life
How does a town that voted Yes in Scottish referendum feel now?
BBC to host day of events focusing on the power of women
- Oscar Pistorius given five years for Reeva Steenkamp death
- Hurricane Gonzalo: Woman hit by tree in London dies
- Paralysed man walks again after cell transplant
- Portsmouth mystery clown 'disturbing' people in streets
- GCSE and A-level results changed for 45,500 on appeal
- UK weather: Tail-end of Hurricane Gonzalo hits Britain
- The anarchic experimental schools of the 1970s
- Total's CEO Christophe de Margerie dies in Moscow plane crash
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies aged 82
- Ski resort to open at Wanlockhead in Southern Uplands
Last Updated at 08:21 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7183.41||Up||3.17||0.04%|