The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- NHS plan: Five things we've learned
- What price to save NHS?
- Analysis: Plan 'packs a punch'
- How one hospital copes with change
Singer Alvin Stardust dies aged 72 after recently been diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer.
Tesco chairman Sir Richard Broadbent will leave the firm after the company announced a bigger-than-forecast hole in its profits.
Police killer Harry Roberts is to be released after more than 45 years - a Parole Board decision described as "scandalous".
- Lost classic comedy shows rediscovered03:06
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
- Can King Khan top Diwali box office?02:23
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'04:57
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'01:46
- Oscar buzz for 'Birdman' Keaton04:04
- US: 'Britain will support IS strategy'02:22
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Mum's fight over sex abuse of daughter, 1202:02
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- Battle over the Great Barrier Reef02:52
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- Shots fired inside Canada parliament00:51
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
Australian photographer explores Greenland's vast ice sheet
How much do you know about the life of the chicken you eat?
How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
Some US seniors are still paying off student loans
Fans recall Nirvana's first UK gig 25 years on
Balotelli's shirt swap must not hide Liverpool's bigger problems BBC Sport
Renting a cubicle for a power nap
Will coal exports kill the Great Barrier Reef?
Indians celebrate Diwali, the biggest Hindu festival
- Singer Alvin Stardust dies aged 72
- Everton fans attacked with metal chairs in Lille ahead of Europa League game
- Ottawa shootings: Canada not intimidated - PM Harper
- Police killer Harry Roberts to be freed
- Caterham F1 staff locked out of Oxfordshire site
- Drones flown in London and Liverpool despite CAA laws
- Tesco chairman to quit over profits error
- How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
- Murdered Alice Gross's funeral taking place
- 'Fake' Chelsea footballer jailed for posing as Gael Kakuta
Last Updated at 07:00 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7330.94||Up||5.18||0.07%|