Iraqi Shia and Kurdish forces capture an Islamic State stronghold, as a BBC team enters Amerli the day after a two-month siege ends.
- Who supports Islamic State?
- 'No strategy' Obama reveals IS truth
- Iraq's next prime minister
- The rise of Islamic State
The number of people admitted to hospital for skin cancer treatment in England rose by nearly a third in five years, figures show.
Russia has launched a 'great war' that could claim tens of thousands of lives, Ukraine's defence ministry warns amid rebel offensive.
- Dog rescued after 10 days on a cliff01:32
- The ten-year-old who loves to code01:26
- Andy Murray's dress sense questioned00:36
- 'Hero' cat saves owner from fire 00:40
- Plea for Wedgewood collection02:02
- Solar farm plan for Somerset Levels02:02
- Do you know what 11x12 is?00:55
- Could Horseball gain Olympic glory?02:07
Among the stories fascinating Tuesday's press are whether British forces will engage jihadists in Iraq, and the mass hacking of celebrities' iCloud accounts.
UK & Local News
Speaker Bercow announces a "pause" in the recruitment of a new Commons clerk, amid a row.
Find a representative
- ‘I smuggled jihadists into Syria’02:50
- 'Bacon butty' for British Ebola nurse02:02
- Iraq grannies 'take on IS in Amerli’03:17
- Can new powers stop UK jihadists?02:09
- Ashya King parents fight extradition03:00
- BBC's John Sweeney catches Putin at talks00:31
- Rotherham experts 'faced threats'02:21
- Cabbies clamp down on illegal taxis02:45
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
Why Paris is forgetting Ernest Hemingway
China's museum boom hatches roast duck tribute
Can President Obama's taskforce save America's bees?
The student entrepreneurs behind Nigeria's online jobs giant
How Americans join the fight in Syria
How corals stir up their world to draw in nutrients
Anti-euro but pro-EU party shakes up German politics
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- Assange granted asylum by Ecuador
- Naked photos of celebrities leaked
- Clegg and Farage in heated EU battle
- Brown issues warning over UK debt
- Does the rest of UK care if Scotland goes?
- Ukraine in 'great war' with Russia
- Windows XP: Your upgrade experiences
- Ministers to look at 80mph limit
- How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Last Updated at 00:12 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7394.28||Up||16.17||0.22%|