Staff cuts and bed shortages are leaving mental health services "under unprecedented strain", says the nurses' union.
The slaughter of 28 people on a bus in Kenya is an attempt to start a religious war, an adviser to President Uhuru Kenyatta tells the BBC.
Snowfall in the north-eastern US subsides, but there are now warnings of serious flooding from melting snow as temperatures rise.
- Car chase ends in building collapse00:37
- Scrabble players vie for world champion03:29
- Street pole-dancing in Buenos Aires01:27
- Newspapers 'kept from children's eyes'02:00
- Bike prototype with global interest01:04
- Twitter co-founder defends application04:18
- #BBCtrending: Who is Philly Jesus?02:44
- Parked car brings tram to standstill00:33
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Tributes paid to Alan Henning 01:26
- Ferguson protests inspire local artist02:37
- Flood fears as US snowfall eases01:18
- Dizzy world of aerobatic flying02:55
- Ed Miliband: 'Party of working people'01:57
- NHS staff set off to help fight Ebola02:17
- Ukraine uprising one year on02:45
- Labour calls for NHS investment01:06
What is the real meaning of Mongol?
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children against polio
My family was deported while I was at school
The retreat that has hosted Indian pilgrims since the Crusades
The dangerous beauty of the Himalayas
The writer who foresaw the rise of the totalitarian state
Trends of the past week, relived in 60 seconds
Weekly readers' gallery - on the theme of 'movement'
Wayne Rooney's got 100 - but is it still a big deal?
The NHS volunteers travelling to Sierra Leone
- The day her family wasn't there
- Theresa May 'battered and bruised' over EU arrest warrant
- Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabab 'wants religious war'
- Tower Hamlets baby 'looked like Auschwitz victim'
- Labour 'could sell London's QEII Conference Centre'
- Newspaper headlines: A&E 'crisis', flight tax 'joy' and Osborne's tax cut 'fantasy'
- Albania opens huge Cold War bunker
- UK should get 'faster and cheaper' 4G data, says Ofcom
- Grandfather Mark Jones denies Amelia Jones murder charge
- Jerusalem's 800-year-old Indian hospice
Last Updated at 00:29 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|