The Royal Navy wants to ask American squadrons to fly off its new aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, because of delays to the introduction of Britain’s new F35B fighters, BBC Newsnight learns.
A report reveals councils are having to phone around England to find places to accommodate children at risk of sexual exploitation.
Thousands of older people in England are struggling in their own home with little or no help, research suggests.
- Parrots find home in Caracas01:21
- Obama pardons 'Mac and Cheese'02:27
- Tea blender's tongue insured for £1m
- Nun's Like a Virgin hit raises eyebrows01:53
- Magazine for drug users goes on sale02:19
- 'I found rare Shakespeare Folio'01:11
- Can drones get water to stranded Joe?06:00
- Swiss move to ban eating cats and dogs01:01
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Monday in the Commons, including prime minister's questions.
Find a representative
- Tamir Rice shot 'within two seconds'01:44
- Drone flight over illegal Essex tip01:15
- 'Positive signs' from Ebola vaccine trial02:20
- UKIP new boy heckled in Commons01:33
- Father's fight to bring autistic son home03:04
- Bus offers homeless chance to shower02:07
- Lee Rigby family on Facebook 'failure'01:22
- 'I'll never stop missing my Breck'00:55
Tracking first Ebola victim and and how virus spread
Can the doll make it in China at the second attempt?
How I drank urine and bat blood to survive in the Sahara
The Afghan interpreters left by the US to the mercy of the Taliban
Many hit by last winter's floods are struggling to pay soaring insurance bills
Which US state do Americans love to bash?
Boxing day sales come early to the UK?
How sanctions against Russia are hitting UK businesses
Vultures could help beat dangerous bacteria
Transylvania's castle owners sink their teeth into business
- US squadrons 'may use UK carrier' for operations
- How I drank urine and bat blood to survive
- Black Friday: Boxing day sales come early?
- Whatever happened to the Brics economies?
- Gangster 'Mad' Frankie Fraser dies at 90
- US embassy marchers condemn Ferguson shooting
- Elderly people: thousands 'left struggling' at home
- Early detection of liver disease by GPs 'non-existent'
- Policemen 'chased autistic man Faruk Ali for fun'
- Spanish gatecrasher face charges over TV interview
Last Updated at 23:13 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7886.81||Down||-5.59||-0.07%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Drama and archive combine to tell a story of football and WW1 on an experimental BBC website