Iraqi Shia and Kurdish forces capture an Islamic State stronghold, as a BBC team enters Amerli the day after a two-month siege ends.
- Who supports Islamic State?
- 'No strategy' Obama reveals IS truth
- Iraq's next prime minister
- The rise of Islamic State
New powers are needed to seize the passports of terrorist suspects and stop British jihadists from returning to the UK, David Cameron says.
A plan for an island airport in the Thames Estuary, dubbed "Boris Island", looks set to be shelved, the BBC understands.
- Dog rescued after 10 days on a cliff01:32
- The ten-year-old who loves to code01:26
- Andy Murray's dress sense questioned00:36
- 'Hero' cat saves owner from fire 00:40
- Plea for Wedgewood collection02:02
- Solar farm plan for Somerset Levels02:02
- Do you know what 11x12 is?00:55
- Could Horseball gain Olympic glory?02:07
Among the stories fascinating Tuesday's press are whether British forces will engage jihadists in Iraq, and the mass hacking of celebrities' iCloud accounts.
UK & Local News
Speaker Bercow announces a "pause" in the recruitment of a new Commons clerk, amid a row.
Find a representative
- ‘I smuggled jihadists into Syria’02:50
- 'Bacon butty' for British Ebola nurse02:02
- Iraq grannies 'take on IS in Amerli’03:17
- Can new powers stop UK jihadists?02:09
- Ashya King parents fight extradition03:00
- BBC's John Sweeney catches Putin at talks00:31
- Rotherham experts 'faced threats'02:21
- Cabbies clamp down on illegal taxis02:45
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
Can President Obama's taskforce save America's bees?
How corals stir up their world to draw in nutrients
The student entrepreneurs behind Nigeria's online jobs giant
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
Image of greylag goose picks up top photography prize
Behind the sound effects of Dylan Thomas's Under Milk Wood
- Naked photos of celebrities leaked
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- Haim top BBC Sound of 2013 list
- Ukraine in 'great war' with Russia
- BBC Three to be axed as on-air channel
- 'Cloud' concerns after celeb leaks
- Google 'discourages' old browser use
- Islamic State: Who supports the jihadist group?
- Dad jailed for killing son's mugger
- Free-kick fan 'bent it like Beckham'
Last Updated at 21:45 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7390.51||Up||12.40||0.17%|