UK politicians react angrily to demands for an extra £1.7bn (2.1bn euros) contribution towards the European Union's budget due to the country's better economic performance.
- Peston: Sex, drugs and the EU budget
- EU leaders agree CO2 emissions cut
- Cameron: One last go at EU change
The economy expanded by 0.7% in the three months to 30 September following a 0.9% rise in the second quarter, the ONS said.
A US doctor who returned to New York from Ebola-hit Guinea in West Africa becomes the first person to test positive for the virus in the city.
Canada's foreign minister tells the BBC there is no evidence so far that the man behind gun attacks in Ottawa was linked to Middle Eastern jihadists.
- Brand quizzed on economic plans02:40
- Could amputees re-grow lost limbs?03:06
- Cliff Richard police raid 'inept'01:32
- Guarding polio workers in Pakistan02:51
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- Joss Stone's Poppy Appeal vigil01:30
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- US air strike 'hits IS command'01:52
- CCTV of Ottawa shooting suspect03:55
- Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia02:24
- Standing ovation for Canadian hero02:30
- Rape victim: 'I felt I wouldn't be believed'01:40
- Classic comedy episodes rediscovered03:06
- Farmland birds show rapid decline01:40
- Westminster's dog of the year show02:55
The day UFOs stopped play - and a crowd of 10,000 gasped
My agony at discovering father of my child was undercover cop
Mosul diary: Inside the city ruled by Islamic State
Why is Florida angry with Breaking Bad?
Meet the artist who has been blind for 25 years
Why big-eyed droids are cause for concern
Life after university for disabled graduates
How to solve brain-teasers by one of the greatest maths minds
Will Canada continue to cherish its open society?
The surprising reasons why UK owes more to Europe
- UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to European Union budget
- Met pays £425,000 to mother of undercover policeman's child
- Ebola outbreak: New York doctor Craig Spencer tests positive
- 'Scrap ban' on term-time holidays
- Pennie Davis New Forest death: Two charged with conspiracy to murder
- GDP rises by 0.7% in third quarter
- Scotland to reduce drink-drive limit
- The day UFOs stopped play
- Ashya King finishing proton beam therapy treatment
- Men jailed over deaf blind man Chelmsford train track attack
Last Updated at 05:31 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7373.37||Up||5.43||0.07%|