Women could be allowed to serve in British infantry units for the first time by 2016, subject to a review into female soldiers.
Eight children are found dead at a house in Cairns, Australia, reportedly after a stabbing, while the mother of at least seven of them suffers stab wounds.
An off-duty police officer dies and two other men are injured in an assault in Liverpool city centre.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- 'Sextortion': Online blackmail of men02:09
- 'Exhausted workforce' in Apple factory03:02
- DIY electronics making home 'smart'02:32
- 'Easy to hack companies like Sony'01:43
- Is UK's oil industry really in crisis?
- Mourning and rage after school attack03:04
- Kurds: 'Biggest victory yet' over IS01:37
- MH17 victim's father recalls last goodbye02:10
Find the country that matches your drinking habits
The bus that deals with drunk people on the worst days of the year
Do you remember who said what from 2014?
The tradition that only got going in the 1960s
Residents of IS-run Mosul sick from drinking the river
Did Vladimir Putin gamble on high oil prices lasting for ever?
The underground escape games taking Hungary by storm
The battle for guns at university
Capturing black life on Instagram
- Cairns deaths: Eight children found in Australian home
- PC Neil Doyle dies after Liverpool city centre assault
- Profumo Affair's Mandy Rice-Davies dies at the age of 70
- Women could join British infantry by 2016
- Booze calculator: What's your drinking nationality?
- Nick Hewer to leave The Apprentice
- Birds 'heard tornadoes coming' and fled one day ahead
- Christingle: The Christmas tradition that only got going in the 1960s
- Mount Sinjar: Islamic State siege broken, say Kurds
- Is Putin to blame for the plunging rouble?
Last Updated at 05:43 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7718.20||Up||9.75||0.13%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Why didn't Christianity die out in the 1st Century?