There is no link between tough laws and levels of illegal drug use, a Home Office study finds, sparking a policy row within the coalition government.
A Libyan man can sue the UK government over claims he was illegally sent back to Libya and tortured, the Court of Appeal rules.
Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly acknowledged his sexuality saying he made his announcement to help others struggling with their identity.
Protesters angry at plans to allow Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore to extend his 27-year-rule set fire to parliament in the capital.
The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the House of Commons, as MPs debate the sale of mobile homes.
Find a representative
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
- On the buses with Prince Harry01:40
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
- Breastfeeding photo deleted by Facebook02:20
- No hugs for Ebola volunteers02:14
- Puppy farm murders: 'He's shot my mum'03:08
- Skater's view of listed status skatepark02:42
The developer forced to leave her home due to threats
Are the days of the humble key numbered?
What MPs can and can't wear in parliament
The Leonardo hidden from Hitler in case it gave him special powers
The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
Are plans to link health and social care as good as they sound?
Is eating sage better for your alertness than coffee?
Africans unimpressed with TV chef's take on a classic
England's strange and ancient Halloween alternatives
- Apple chief Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Sarah Payne's father Michael found dead at Kent home
- Ebola outbreak: Nurse Kaci Hickox defies quarantine
- Plane hits Kansas airport building
- UK government can be sued over rendition claims, judges rule
- Zoe Quinn: GamerGate must be condemned
- Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze
- No link between tough penalties and drug use - report
- Jerusalem holy site closure 'declaration of war' - Abbas
- Cpl Geoffrey McNeill murder: Soldier sentenced to life
Last Updated at 11:31 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7475.95||Up||29.11||0.39%|