Six people have been killed and eight others injured after an out-of-control bin lorry crashed into pedestrians in central Glasgow.
All the latest news on the fatal bin lorry crash in George Square in Glasgow as police confirm six people have died.
Ten people are injured as a van is driven into shoppers at a Christmas market in Nantes, French officials say, with reports the driver then stabbed himself.
First Minister Peter Robinson says he believes that there is "real money on the table" from Westminster as cross-party talks continue at Stormont.
- Strong wind causes plane to divert00:27
- Revisiting Aceh, 10 years after tsunami02:44
- Apprentice winner "very confident"02:22
- Lost seal rescued 20 miles from coast00:21
- How to make artificial snow02:06
- £2m raised after dogs' home fire02:31
- The history of Christmas crackers03:02
- BBC editors take Mastermind challenge10:20
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- First video at scene of Glasgow crash02:31
- Now and then: Boxing Day tsunami region01:28
- Yazidi women tell of sex-slavery trauma04:02
- Floods spark retail park chaos01:55
- Why UK murder rate is falling02:20
- Prototype hoverboard 'the stuff of dreams'01:59
- Who signs up to sort Christmas mail?03:27
- 'Ambulance targets may help patients'02:15
Sex-slavery trauma of Yazidis seized by Islamic State
Is New York's mayor to blame for rising tensions?
His pickled heart has provided scientists with few answers
BBC reporter meets Indonesian tsunami survivor 10 years on
Interactive video remembering the InterCity 125
Heroes and villains honoured in the alternative sports awards BBC Sport
Neil Gaiman on how he wrote a book with Terry Pratchett
Who, and what, went viral in 2014?
Indian village where people speak ancient language
- Glasgow bin lorry crash latest
- Six people killed and eight injured in Glasgow bin lorry crash
- Singer Joe Cocker dies aged 70 after cancer battle
- Van driven into shoppers in France
- Sony hack: North Korea threatens US as row deepens
- Builder fined for opening sluice gate on flooded Somerset Levels
- Pope Francis sharply criticises Vatican bureaucracy
- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali's condition 'vastly improved'
- Online food shoppers hit by technical problems
- Two men charged with PC Neil Doyle's murder
Last Updated at 14:49 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7790.39||Up||52.73||0.68%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Can LEDs change the way we light up the world?