Veteran Labour politician Tony Benn has died at home at the age of 88, his family says.
Northern Ireland peer and industrialist Lord Ballyedmond is confirmed as one of four people who died in a helicopter crash in Norfolk.
The US sends search crews to the Indian Ocean, after claims emerge that the missing Malaysian airliner may have flown longer than thought.
Former Conservative Chancellors Lord Lawson and Lord Lamont warn too many people are paying the 40p tax rate and urge George Osborne to act.
- Homs: Living under siege04:41
- Can the "Lonely Tree" be saved ?03:09
- Astronaut asks public to name mission01:58
- On board a search for missing plane02:16
- Syria conflict: is it stalemate?02:24
- Tension mounts as Crimea poll looms02:40
- The shop on the Ukraine-Russia border06:24
- Philadelphia plane runway scare00:28
- Robot takes on giant Rubik's cube 01:05
- Passengers save baby on US flight01:13
UK & Local News
Full coverage of this winter's extreme weather which left large parts of the UK under water
The government faces cross-party pressure to halt its badger culling.
Find a representative
- How do gadgets track a plane?02:43
- Is Iran increasingly open for business?03:57
- Ukraine and Russia in UN stand-off02:04
- Owner reunited with submerged car02:39
- How a pilot deals with an emergency02:05
- Still hope for missing plane passenger03:30
- Shakespeare, Keats, Shelley...and Frost01:29
- Man caught in US carjacking chase01:32
Why the Great War still fascinates the young
The hooked crosses found on many English buildings
Five lesser-noticed things Tony Benn gave Britain
A photography collective's take on modern Welsh life
Which song did the Rolling Stones say they were told not to play?
Eight steps to understanding the bitter conflict
On the trail of the hidden Mont Blanc treasure
Is tipping coffee baristas a step too far?
The row on social media over India's ladies-only transport policy
- Focus 'shifts west' for missing jet
- Oscar Pistorius 'had blood on arm'
- Man found on road with penis cut off
- Why is England awash with swastikas?
- Labour stalwart Tony Benn dies at 88
- Keeley Hawes to star in Doctor Who
- N Irish peer among helicopter dead
- Landing gear collapses on US plane
- Armed police descend on snooker club
- US-Russia in Ukraine crisis talks
Last Updated at 06:41 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6794.80||Up||1.45||0.02%|