David Cameron is to set out plans to curb welfare benefits for migrants from the EU - after figures revealed net migration had risen above 2010 levels.
- Nick Robinson: What's in and what's not
- Political reaction to migration figures
- Quiz: How much do you know about migration?
Regulator Ofgem imposes record £28m penalty on power generator Drax, while InterGen faces an £11m payout, for missing energy saving obligations
Seven mental health patients have killed themselves in England since 2012 after being told there were no hospital beds for them, the BBC learns.
- Campbell's Ebola campaign shop01:32
- Building the Olympic Stadium's new roof02:55
- Drunk honeymooner 'sorry', says brother02:09
- Saving Darth Vader's childhood home03:04
- City gives away last Christmas tree01:42
- UK's longest-serving political leader04:07
- If Britain were Syria, who would be left?
- Extreme weather and its risk to lives01:13
Australia is "weeping" at the death of cricketer Phillip Hughes, says former opening batsman Michael Slater - as the country mourns.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a statement on the Smith Commission.
Find a representative
- Planes tossed around in Brisbane storm01:17
- Putin's tiger 'raids Chinese farms'01:07
- 'Black Friday' chaos at UK shops
- Is your chicken contaminated?01:40
- Care home boss guilty of sex charges02:18
- 12-year-old shot 'within two seconds'01:44
- Bristol gang guilty of child sex crimes03:01
- 'His best cricket was still ahead of him'04:08
The radio show that got schoolchildren singing
Why a sportsman's death hits us so hard BBC Sport
A mother's decision to leave Whatsapp chat group goes viral
On what politicians' economic metaphors are trying to convey
How much do you know about migration?
Saving Kenya's children born of incest from a death sentence
The rubbish collector left on the scrap heap as his city goes green
How Korea helped prostitutes work near US military bases
The runners who race each other with their dogs
Finding bounty in the depths of Davy Jones's locker
- Police called to 'Black Friday' supermarket crowds
- #BBCtrending: "I refuse to be my daughter's diary"
- Migrants: David Cameron set to outline benefit restrictions
- Ebola crisis: Children tested for virus in Newcastle
- Fetcham double murder suspect Viktoras Bruzas arrested
- Did Korea encourage sex work at US bases?
- North East Lincolnshire Council 'biased in adoption row'
- Seven mental health patients died waiting for beds
- Drax and InterGen hit with £39m Ofgem penalties
- Brisbane storm: Huge clean-up in Queensland
Last Updated at 03:14 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7906.66||Up||0.70||0.01%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Key moments from the career of David Hockney.