France begins the first major stage of its military withdrawal from Mali, four months after sending troops to push Islamist rebels out the north.
- Turning army into a fighting force
- Timbuktu fears French withdrawal
- Mali crisis: Key players
- French fight in Mali's hostile desert
At least 16 children and a teacher have been killed in a fire on their school bus in the eastern Pakistan of Gujrat, police say.
- Oklahoma: Loved ones lost in tragedy02:51
- Footage from on board stricken plane01:37
- Zoo worker dies after tiger attack00:57
- Saudi drivers in 'sidewalk skiing' craze01:22
- US road bridge falls into river01:47
- Uganda raids over Museveni 'plot'02:17
- Chinese farmer creates 'bionic arms'02:19
- Cockroaches evolve to beat traps01:48
Other Top Stories
A suicide bomber has blown herself up close to an interior ministry building in the southern Russian republic of Dagestan, officials say.
More than 50,000 people attend the beatification in Sicily of Don Giuseppe Puglisi, a Roman Catholic priest murdered by the mafia in 1993.
- Stockholm cars and schools targeted02:17
- Police 'clean up' Mafia stronghold02:36
- Cheese-maker warned over hill roll01:22
- One-minute World News01:00
- The Queen and her passion for horses03:34
- The book clubs that find bestsellers03:22
- Openly gay US Boy Scouts allowed01:21
- First halal food fair for Sarajevo01:53
Don't microwave Eccles cakes, and nine other nuggets
What we have learnt from Martian probes
Will Nawaz Sharif walk the military tightrope in Pakistan?
Could Guantanamo's largest detainee group be released?
Bonjour, mes amis antiques, let's parler Franglais
The UN's illusion of protection in eastern DR Congo
Why 'beggar thy neighbour' policy is so 1930s
- Dancer 'lied' in Berlusconi sex case
- Extra police heading for Stockholm
- MI5 'approached Woolwich suspect'
- Pakistan bus gas blast kills 17
- Tiger attack wildlife worker dies
- Lesbian drama is Cannes favourite
- 10 things we didn't know last week
- Murder sparks anti-Muslim backlash
- Cockroaches evolving to evade traps
- French army to begin Mali pullout