EU migration has "blown off course" the UK's target to cut net migration to the tens of thousands, the home secretary says.
A suicide bomber in east Afghanistan kills at least 45 people at a volleyball match, as Afghan MPs approve security deals with Nato and the US.
Claims of historic sexual abuse that have emerged are the "tip of the iceberg", Home Secretary Theresa May says.
- Sold and beaten: India's slave brides02:52
- Ferguson protests inspire local artist02:37
- Living in a box to learn about autism03:51
- England's blind cricket World Cup bid01:54
- Iraq village caught between two sides02:33
- Newspapers 'kept from children's eyes'02:00
- Street pole-dancing in Buenos Aires01:27
- Dizzy world of aerobatic flying02:55
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- Charing Cross closed after train fire00:30
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- 'Stop radicalisation before it happens'03:33
- Tributes paid to Alan Henning 01:26
- Mental health services 'under strain'01:27
- Ed Miliband: 'Party of working people'01:57
- NHS staff set off to help fight Ebola02:17
What is the real meaning of Mongol?
On a journey charting the impact of the disease
Are food foragers 'annoying' or unfairly maligned?
My family was deported while I was at school
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children against polio
The best reads you need to catch up on
The retreat that has hosted Indian pilgrims since the Crusades
The writer who foresaw the rise of the totalitarian state
The dangerous beauty of the Himalayas
Trends of the past week, relived in 60 seconds
Weekly readers' gallery - on the theme of 'movement'
- London's Charing Cross reopens after fire on train
- Immigration target unlikely to be met, says Theresa May
- Man injured in 'horrific' attack in Edinburgh
- Complaints close Christmas Magical Journey attraction
- Coventry smash 'splits family's car in two'
- UK terror threat: 'Up to five' plots stopped in 2014
- The meaning of Mongol
- Bomber 'kills 45' at Afghan volleyball match
- 'Boko Haram' kills 48 Nigerian fishermen near Chad
- Internet data plan back on political agenda
Last Updated at 10:55 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|