The captain of the capsized South Korean ferry delayed the evacuation fearing passengers would "drift away", as divers see bodies inside.
- Ferry divers' video shown to relatives01:08
- Three bodies recovered from ferry01:28
- Was ferry cargo properly secured?01:59
- Video from stricken Korean ferry00:35
- S Korea families 'expect the worst'01:17
- S Korea ferry captain: 'I am sorry'01:00
- S Korea ferry boss admits 'grave sin'00:23
- Six-year-old rescued from ferry 00:44
- Amateur video 'from inside tilted ship'02:59
- Aerial video of frantic helicopter rescues01:10
- 'No attempt to use all the life rafts'03:15
- Footage shows panic as boats arrive01:27
Ukraine suspends operations against pro-Russian militants occupying government offices in the east over Easter, but the stand-off remains.
A seven-year-old boy who was badly burnt in an incident in Aberdeen is in a "critical" condition in hospital, police reveal.
Coverage of the morning session of day one as Ronnie O'Sullivan takes on Robin Hull and Stuart Bingham faces Ken Doherty at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- Kate tries out fighter jet in Australia01:19
- Ukraine Jews told 'pay tax or leave'02:53
- Boy in hospital with severe burns01:21
- Quake hits Mexico City news broadcast01:39
- Camel birth shocks sheep farmer01:33
- Buttock silicone injections 'lethal'02:08
- 'Tug of war' Banksy art in museum01:30
- Golfer Larrazabal attacked by hornets00:20
The airport that hosted a roll-call of presidents
The 8 tribes of people who keep buying records
The element that makes a familiar smell when mixed with urine
Will stamps get cheaper if Scots go it alone?
What's the story of John Lewis' 150 years of success?
Portrait painter Susanne du Toit on being an artist
The best news photographs from around the world
A lion on the loose in Llandrindod Wells
Rhea birds can be extremely dangerous, plus other factlets
- HMRC 'plans to share personal data'
- Billionaire to build Titanic II
- Family car catches fire among lions
- France 'has too many foreigners'
- ‘Sorry’ ferry captain explains delay
- Plane search at 'critical juncture'
- Police probe 'tragic' burns incident
- Prince Charles visits new grandson
- We won't be distracted - Osborne
- The eight tribes of vinyl collector
Last Updated at 06:17 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6943.56||Down||-0.02||-0.03%|