David Cameron comes under fire from rival parties after saying he will only take part in one TV debate featuring seven party leaders, held before the election campaign.
The home of former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor is searched by police investigating historical allegations of child abuse.
Nathan Matthews, stepbrother of Bristol teenager Becky Watts, appears in court charged with her murder.
A militant Korean nationalist slashes the face of the US ambassador to South Korea, with the North calling it a "knife shower of justice".
UK house prices fell 0.3% in February leaving the average house price at £192,372, according to the Halifax.
- No more antibiotics in your nuggets?01:42
- The greatest threat to China's elephants02:28
- 'No one should go through this pain'02:22
- Ford's white van with built-in bike02:04
- Talking Movies: How Greenpeace began 03:57
- Binoche returns to London stage02:02
- Miners and BBC reporter 30 years on02:56
- Can Poldark recapture glory days?02:30
Sunderland manager Gus Poyet is charged by the FA with improper conduct following the match against Hull City on Tuesday.
UK & Local News
Live coverage of the Commons, as MPs debate International Women's Day and Welsh affairs.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Pakistan's elite female fighting force02:46
- MI5 'followed Abid Naseer for weeks'02:10
- Inside Mexican drug lord's cave hideout02:52
- Becky's uncle: 'End of a beautiful life'02:02
- Mine survivor: 'There was dust everywhere'02:14
- Jawbone 'provides clue to first human'01:57
- Cape Town wildfires from above01:54
- Prince's call to end ivory trade02:03
How World War Two changed the way people dressed
How Iran's revolution let a feminist genie out of its bottle
What impact has Lean In had on women?
The curious case of Leah Palmer - and why she doesn't exist
Where did the word 'hustings' come from?
How a 'year of loss' fed Rebecca Ferguson's new album
Is wind power now coming of age?
Why are there so few disabled models on the catwalk?
Why Russian imperialism is good - according to a viral video
- Politics Live - Reaction to Cameron's TV debates letter
- Who's that girl? The curious case of Leah Palmer
- Nathan Matthews in court on Becky Watts murder charge
- David Cameron scared of TV election debates, say rivals
- LHC restart: 'We want to break physics'
- Princes Street closed after Scott Monument fall
- Ex-Conservative MP Harvey Proctor's home searched by police
- Tories consider limiting child benefit to three children
- South Korea US envoy Lippert 'well' after knife attack
- Stepbrother charged with Becky Watts murder in Bristol
Last Updated at 06:48 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8001.46||Down||-2.05||-0.03%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
It's World Book Day so time to work out whether you could be the hero of a book. Take our quiz and see!