NHS England says letters sent out to local health bosses suggesting the funding of patients in clinical drug trials might be cut were "incorrect".
Former PM Gordon Brown says politicians in Scotland must stop obsessing about constitutional change and focus on improving people's lives.
An ecumenical service will be held in Glasgow to mark the first anniversary of the Clutha helicopter crash in which 10 people died.
There could be about 10-13,000 victims of slavery in the UK, far more than previous estimates, analysis for the Home Office suggests.
Comedian Lenny Henry and former Everything But The Girl singer Tracey Thorn are among those chosen to guest edit BBC Radio 4's Today programme over the festive period.
- New Star Wars trailer causes a storm01:05
- #PutOutYourBats tributes to Hughes01:10
- Building the Olympic Stadium's new roof02:55
- The people who run with their dogs04:04
- Campbell's Ebola campaign shop01:32
- City gives away last Christmas tree01:42
- UK's longest-serving political leader04:07
- Grey squirrels 'should be culled'03:06
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a statement on the Smith Commission.
Find a representative
- Father-in-law 'forged Ramsay's signature'02:18
- Concorde made out of matchsticks01:39
- Dozens die in Nigeria mosque attack01:12
- Paul Kohler: 'I want to meet attackers'
- Planes tossed around in Brisbane storm01:17
- Cameron ad-libs while alarm sounds01:00
- 'Black Friday' chaos filmed across UK02:09
- Putin's tiger 'raids Chinese farms'01:07
What happened to England's lost stately homes?
Beer is less likely to slosh than coffee, and other nuggets
The grain that tells you a lot about Russia's state of mind
The best reads you need to catch up on
The young Omani who became a pre-war fusion music hit
The European country voting to limit immigration
Remembering the Clutha helicopter crash
The foodies making buildings out of gingerbread
Best news images from around the world in the past seven days
The teenagers shot in Pakistan now studying in Wales
- Mickey Rourke wins exhibition boxing match
- NHS 'U-turn' over drug trial money
- Gordon Brown calls for Scottish politics 'reset'
- What happened to England's abandoned mansions?
- Venezuela jail drug overdose kills 35 inmates in Uribana
- Lenny Henry to guest edit Radio 4's Today
- Black Friday: Police called as sales turn ugly
- Slavery levels in UK 'higher than thought'
- Clutha anniversary: Church service remembers crash dead
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer premieres
Last Updated at 02:05 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7915.44||Up||9.48||0.12%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
What could babies be missing out on in the race to get them walking?