The UK's terror threat level is raised from "substantial" to "severe" in response to conflicts in Iraq and Syria, the government announces.
The health of a five-year-old boy taken from hospital by his parents against medical advice will deteriorate rapidly as the battery on his feeding system is likely to have run out, police say.
George Galloway has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken jaw after he was attacked on a London street, his spokesman says.
The police force at the centre of the Rotherham child abuse scandal admits a report has laid bare its failings over a number of years.
- Dahl: Charlie chapters discovered02:28
- Rides and risks in huge California waves02:37
- Horse dances to Shakira at Games01:25
- BBC presenter Amroliwala's best bits02:34
- Brazil dismantles Amazon 'destroyers'01:12
- Song of a four-storey 'earth harp'01:48
- Millions spent on restoring moors01:33
- 100-year-old tortoise is on the move01:10
UK & Local News
MPs approve the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Bill at second reading.
Find a representative
- Kurdish father's grief at son's death03:06
- Cyclist attempts race in Himalayas 01:37
- Why has the terror level changed?02:20
- Iceland volcano fissure seen from air01:34
- Displaced, desperate: Syrians seek refuge 01:39
- Missing boy's 'life is in danger'02:30
- Nato: Russia illegally crossed border02:30
- Grandad's anguish at 13-year-old's abuse03:30
The Tory MPs being tipped to follow Carswell to UKIP
The odd objects looted by the British from Washington in 1814
Obama's gaffe on Islamic State reveals political truth
The millionaires who rescue people at sea
What unusual offence got a Frenchman thrown off a plane?
Internet phenomenon or propaganda coup?
The art of making boats out of coffee stirrers
What industry learned from World War One
- George Galloway attacked on street
- Full Strictly line-up confirmed
- Obama's 'no strategy' gaffe on IS
- UK's terror threat level raised
- Gun found at film director's home
- Australian actor Bill Kerr dies
- Scientists solve 'sliding rocks' puzzle
- Judge scolds 'Harry Potter' lawyer
- Search as boy, 12, swept into sea
- Ukraine 'slipping out of control'
Last Updated at 18:06 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7381.14||Up||10.00||0.14%|