The third officer was at the helm of the ferry that capsized off South Korea, investigators say, as divers work to access the sunken hull.
- What caused S Korea ferry disaster?02:18
- Three bodies recovered from ferry01:28
- New video from stricken Korean ferry00:28
- Families wait at port for news01:24
- S Korea ferry boss admits 'grave sin'00:23
- Six-year-old rescued from ferry 00:44
- Ferry captain 'sorry and ashamed'00:11
- Amateur video 'from inside tilted ship'02:59
- Aerial video of frantic helicopter rescues01:10
- 'No attempt to use all the life rafts'03:15
- 'Poor visibility and strong currents'01:56
- Footage shows panic as boats arrive01:27
David Axelrod, the strategist who masterminded Barack Obama's presidential victories, will be a key adviser on Ed Miliband's 2015 general election campaign, the Labour Party says.
President Obama says it remains to be seen whether Russia will honour a deal to calm tensions in Ukraine, reached at multi-party talks in Geneva.
Calls for more action over pay and pensions are expected this weekend when the two biggest teachers' unions meet for their annual conferences.
UK & Local News
Key background and analysis on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
The PM is challenged over his support for Maria Miller following a row over her expenses.
Find a representative
- The people who want to be part of Russia02:38
- 'Most Earth-like planet yet' found01:29
- Easter weather: Will it rain or shine?01:20
- Welsh crown spotted on eBay01:48
- Author Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies01:48
- Anxious time for Syria's Christians03:03
- The quest to perfect digital pianos02:52
- Royals watch sheep shearing at show01:00
Australia's Bishop Kay at Westminster Abbey for Easter
Artists customise 12 shipping containers to tell Easter story
What makes Jerusalem so holy to three religions?
The bookshop on a barge that travels the canal system
10 sartorial moments that reveal the superficiality of politics
Sir Alex Ferguson's £3m wine cellar has most bottles from where?
Economic gold or nightmare reality?
The technologies making e-commerce easier for small firms
After 20 years, Alfa Romeo returns to the US
Why cannabis smokers love the number 420
- Teen's Facebook brag costs dad $80K
- Korea ship: Third officer 'had helm'
- Breastfeeding tweet burns Delta Airlines
- Sacked doctor was unfairly dismissed
- Chelsea Clinton announces pregnancy
- Search after Everest avalanche
- 'Most Earth-like planet yet' found
- Channel Tunnel trains 'run as normal'
- 10 sartorial moments that tell us a lot about politics
- UK 'stagnates' in global school test
Last Updated at 02:23 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||5063.32||Up||0.01||0.02%|