Iraq launches a military operation to recapture Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit from Islamic State.
- Battle for Iraq and Syria in maps
- Iraq minorities 'wipeout threat'
- Is this the end of Iraq?
- Iraq country profile
10 men charged by police investigating child sexual exploitation in Rochdale, Greater Manchester
Plans to generate electricity from the world's first series of tidal lagoons are unveiled in the UK, with sites proposed in Wales, Somerset and Cumbria.
- 3D mapping Christ the Redeemer01:23
- Fifty years of The Sound of Music02:21
- Winston: 'Enhancing humans unwise'
- Hands-on with LG Urbane smartwatches01:42
- Giant cake served for Rio's birthday01:48
- Living underground in the outback02:47
- Astronauts brave third spacewalk in week00:43
- Carnival feeling for St David's Day00:30
Ten Premier League news conferences ahead of midweek matches plus reaction to Chelsea's League Cup win and the best of social media.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday's proceedings, including a statement on sexual abuse.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
Where have all the GPs gone?
Are people getting more intelligent?
The hybrid animal causing havoc in the Grand Canyon
Would it be realistic to renationalise the railways?
Fergal Keane on the relationship between love and politics
The world's worst interview - with one of the loneliest men on Earth
The students working to resolve the Ukraine crisis
How an ancient art form is saving troubled lives
- Hull bleach attacker Rebecca Morris sentenced
- World's first lagoon power plants unveiled in UK
- US police shoot homeless man dead in Los Angeles
- Samsung S6 Edge with curved screen unveiled at MWC
- Royal Mint unveils new coinage portrait of the Queen
- Iraq moves against Islamic State in Tikrit
- Would it be realistic to renationalise the railways?
- Becky Watts search: Police given more time to question pair
- The dogged old man of the badlands
- UK defence spending 'concerns' US Army chief Raymond Odierno
Last Updated at 07:43 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||8002.96||Up||20.22||0.25%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Create and share your personal story with the BBC archives