Victims' groups are expected to tell child abuse inquiry officials that Fiona Woolf should step down as its head as concerns about her suitability persist.
The UK government is not doing enough to tackle "petty corruption" in countries to which it gives aid, a report by a scrutiny body says.
Four people are hurt and one person is thought to be missing as dozens of firefighters tackle a blaze at a fireworks retailer in Staffordshire.
Alcohol should have a calorie content label in order to reduce obesity, according to public health doctors.
Teachers who try to encourage low-achieving students with lots of praise could harm their learning, claims research into classroom tactics.
- Inside India bank robbers' tunnel02:08
- Stars glow at Interstellar premiere02:40
- Tower poppies artist hails volunteers01:40
- You behind the pillar, you're on camera!00:54
- Lava flow creeps toward Hawaii homes00:47
- Becoming a mother at 70 in India02:31
- Westminster and Whitehall ghost tales02:07
- How to build an engine in 42 seconds02:02
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- Poppy hijab for Remembrance02:08
- Lab for world’s worst animal viruses03:34
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
- Breastfeeding photo deleted by Facebook02:20
- No hugs for Ebola volunteers02:14
Is moving house a nightmare or life affirming?
What did Robbie's wife tell him to stop singing during labour?
Tips for a disability-friendly Halloween
How one man's luck landed him a place in cinema history
The metal detectorists who are saving marriages
How Timothy Spall created 400 artworks for his latest film
How former Remploy workers struggle to find work
The health workers volunteering to fight Ebola
- Fiona Woolf: Abuse victims call for inquiry head to quit
- Fireworks ignited by blaze in Stafford
- Halloween: England's strange and ancient winter rituals
- Lavish praise from teachers 'does not help pupils'
- Jerusalem holy site closure 'declaration of war' - Abbas
- Total recoil? Gun simulator targets army and sofa warriors
- Newspaper headlines: Labour 'wipeout' and Ebola threat
- Stolen jewellery: Two arrested in Craigavon, County Armagh
- Iraq IS: Scores found dead in mass graves in Anbar
- Southwark Council launches 'super sewer' legal challenge
Last Updated at 00:01 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7520.03||Up||18.01||0.24%|