David Cameron is preparing to deliver a speech outlining his plans to reduce immigration from the EU - after figures revealed net migration had risen above 2010 levels.
- Nick Robinson: What's in and what's not
- Political reaction to migration figures
- Quiz: How much do you know about migration?
A man is arrested on suspicion of murdering a couple whose bodies were found at their village home.
Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte is arrested after arriving in the UK from Mexico where he had been detained.
A huge clean-up is under way in Brisbane after a severe storm swept across south-east Queensland causing damage worth $A100m (£54m).
- McBusted: 'Making it up as we go along'07:44
- Crayon craze: Can adults colour-in?02:22
- Faces transformed with digital masks03:22
- If Britain were Syria, who would be left?
- Parrots in Caracas: A city's thriving birds01:21
- Extreme weather and its risk to lives01:13
- Life in the UK as a Romanian migrant02:25
- Obama pardons 'Mac and Cheese'02:27
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a statement on the Smith Commission.
Find a representative
- Hail storm causes chaos in Brisbane01:06
- Is your chicken contaminated?01:40
- Care home boss guilty of sex charges02:18
- 12-year-old shot 'within two seconds'01:44
- Bristol gang guilty of child sex crimes03:01
- 'His best cricket was still ahead of him'04:08
- Drone flight over illegal Essex tip01:15
- The longest-serving political leader in UK04:07
The radio show that got schoolchildren singing
Why does a sportsman's death hit us so hard? BBC Sport
A mother's decision to leave Whatsapp chat group goes viral
On what politicians' economic metaphors are trying to convey
How much do you know about migration?
Saving Kenya's children born of incest from a death sentence
The rubbish collector left on the scrap heap as his city goes green
How Korea helped prostitutes work near US military bases
The runners who race each other with their dogs
Finding bounty in the depths of Davy Jones's locker
- Police called to 'Black Friday' supermarket crowds
- Migrants: David Cameron set to outline benefit restrictions
- Brisbane storm: Huge clean-up in Queensland
- #BBCtrending: "I refuse to be my daughter's diary"
- Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte held at Heathrow Airport
- Black Friday: Boxing Day sales come early?
- Andrew Mitchell 'probably called police plebs', judge rules
- Newspaper headlines: EU benefits ban, and Plebgate bill for Andrew Mitchell
- How Korea helped prostitutes work at US bases
- Flu: Vaccine ' given to too few young children'
Last Updated at 00:30 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7902.39||Down||-3.57||-0.05%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Key moments from the career of David Hockney.