Authorities release emergency recordings of callers pleading for police help as last year's school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, unfolded.
- US gunman's Columbine 'obsession'
- Adam Lanza: Friendless gunman
- In statistics: Guns in the US
- Viewpoints: Should gun laws change?
A truck carrying "dangerous" radioactive material used for treating cancer has been stolen near Mexico City, the UN's nuclear watchdog says.
- Obama: Income gap bigger than race00:51
- Leg bone gives up oldest human DNA02:03
- Landslide rips apart roads in southern Italy00:31
- Biden: 'Challenge your government'02:45
- BBC inside Ukraine protest site02:02
- Thai soldier's death 'sends warning' 02:35
- Senior Hezbollah commander killed01:25
- Mountain lion filmed in Hollywood Hills02:15
Other Top Stories
A Normal Rockwell painting sells for $46m (£28m) in New York, a new record for a piece of American art sold at auction.
A database of more than two million stolen passwords for Facebook, Yahoo and others has been published online, a security firm has found.
A lawyer for a woman forced to undergo a Caesarean section and give her baby up for adoption says she was just 34 weeks pregnant.
- Photographers capture urban decay03:20
- Flight to disputed S China Sea island02:33
- Can chimps be 'legal persons' ?02:59
- One-minute World News01:00
- Nigella Lawson admits taking cocaine02:37
- Drone surveillance in DR Congo begins00:39
- Prince Harry on Antarctic setbacks01:38
- 26,000 teddies invade Canada ice rink00:43
What happened to the man who lived in an airport?
Swedes question their reputation for tolerance
Mountie told 'no pot-smoking' - and more curious tales
Bomb makers 'working on new devices' aimed at West
24 hours of news photographs from around the world
Police brutality in Egypt 'continuing unchecked'
Why would North Korea powerbroker fall out of favour?
What would the Union Jack look like without the blue?
How has the education world changed?
- Two million stolen passwords online
- Leg bone gives up oldest human DNA
- Launch of world's biggest 'ship'
- Radioactive truck 'stolen in Mexico'
- Nigella Lawson admits taking cocaine
- What would the union jack look like if the Scottish bit were removed?
- Next-generation USB is reversible
- Newtown massacre 911 calls released
- Spotify artists earn $0.007 per play
- Rockwell painting in record sale
Last Updated at 17:58 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7012.78||Down||-17.52||-0.25%|
The cult classic Jamaican crime film The Harder They Come, its reggae soundtrack - and its legacy