Memorial services are held in Indonesia and other nations for the victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami on the disaster's 10th anniversary.
A judge in Dublin's High Court rules that a life-support machine may be switched off in the case of a brain-dead woman who is 18 weeks pregnant.
A union demands "urgent talks" with ministers and administrators about the collapse of the UK parcel delivery service City Link.
The Ukrainian government swaps scores of prisoners with rebels in the east, while freezing vital bus and rail links with Russian-held Crimea.
- Queen Elizabeth II's Christmas message07:28
- New heart teen home for Christmas01:15
- Charity 'dippers' North Sea plunge00:44
- Georgian politicians brawl in parliament00:32
- Ukraine football stars' new home03:51
- Marquez shows off his motorbikes01:59
- Commons speaker meets Wikipedia chief
- How do you write a pantomime? 04:20
Jose Mourinho says John Terry is the same player who led Chelsea to the title a decade ago after their Boxing Day win over West Ham.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of the Commons, including the local government finance settlement.
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Boxer Khan's pledge to Pakistan school 01:56
- Hackers hit Xbox and PlayStation 01:40
- Thai murder testimony put on hold01:44
- Boxing Day sales: 'Handbags at dawn'01:08
- Libya oil terminal hit in rocket strike01:13
- Third of Britons in Christmas debt02:23
- Suu Kyi still fighting for change03:52
- Putin cancels government holidays01:40
How many hiccups in two-month attack, and 19 other questions
Father and daughter rebuild their lives after tsunami grief
Why the bourbon biscuit shares its name with bourbon whiskey
Growth of short holiday lets alarms Paris authorities
Dallas star hears how her fairy godmother part was written
Roger Federer says he will not force his children towards tennis
Turning UK soldiers' memories of Afghanistan into words
Footballers play on despite Ukraine conflict
How the e-retailers keep us shopping
- Snow falls amid Met Office Boxing Day weather warnings
- Glasgow bin lorry crash latest
- Mum-to-be's life support can be shut down, says Dublin court
- King's Cross trains cancelled on Saturday
- Xbox and PlayStation tackle cyber attacks
- Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby has pneumonia
- Queen tops combined Christmas Day viewing figures
- City Link: RMT demands government talks over collapse
- Turkey teenager accused of insulting president released
- Indian Ocean tsunami anniversary: Memorial events held
Last Updated at 17:14 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7829.54||Up||0.19||0.24%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
What's all the fuss with these flying objects?