The NHS in England needs extra money and drastic changes to the way services are organised if patient care is not to suffer, health bosses say.
- NHS five-year plan 'packs a punch'
- How one hospital copes with change
- NHS plan: Five things we've learned
- Fears raised 'free NHS' will end
- Experts in NHS funding debate call
- Give NHS more cash, say MPs
Tesco chairman Sir Richard Broadbent will leave the firm after the company announced a bigger-than-forecast hole in its profits.
Lloyds Banking Group is planning to cut around 9,000 jobs - around a tenth of its entire workforce - over the next three years, the BBC understands.
- Lost classic comedy shows rediscovered03:06
- Baby bear filmed in US store00:22
- How a toddler got trapped in toys00:40
- Can King Khan top Diwali box office?02:23
- Cancer-free Wilko: 'I was told I would die'04:57
- Taxi boss: 'Users want white drivers'01:46
- Oscar buzz for 'Birdman' Keaton04:04
- US: 'Britain will support IS strategy'02:22
UK & Local News
Live coverage of Thursday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Mum's fight to stop abuse of daughter02:02
- 'Dash cam' footage shows lorry shunt car01:38
- MP duped by 'quadriplegic' conman02:19
- Shots fired inside Canada parliament00:51
- 30 years on: Famine that shocked world02:20
- 'Hey, Obama, don't touch my girlfriend'01:07
- Formal burial for WW1 forgotten men01:59
- Man guilty of hotel hammer attack02:45
Australian photographer explores Greenland's vast ice sheet
Do you really know where your chicken comes from?
How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
Some US seniors are still paying off student loans
Fans recall Nirvana's first UK gig 25 years on
Balotelli's shirt swap must not hide Liverpool's bigger problems BBC Sport
Renting your own room for a power nap
Will coal exports kill the Great Barrier Reef?
Indians celebrate Diwali, the biggest Hindu festival
Getting to university after spinal surgery
- Police killer Harry Roberts to be freed
- Tesco chairman to quit over profits error
- Ottawa shootings: Canada not intimidated - PM Harper
- How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
- What's lurking in Sweden's waters?
- Analysis: Canada's growing extremism
- Man makes marriage proposal in police car
- NHS needs extra cash and overhaul, say health bosses
- Drones flown in London and Liverpool despite CAA laws
- Poppy Appeal opens with all-day Cenotaph vigil
Last Updated at 03:55 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7316.45||Down||-9.31||-0.13%|