The last UK military base in Afghanistan, Camp Bastion, is handed over to the control of Afghan security forces.
Ed Miliband is to blame for Johann Lamont quitting as leader of the Scottish Labour Party, Alex Salmond has claimed.
A record five million UK workers are now in low-paid jobs, a rise of 250,000 in the last year, research from a left-of-centre think tank suggests.
- Paris's Picasso museum reopens02:37
- WWI soldier's bedroom frozen in time02:07
- Russia turns back clocks for good01:10
- Using Facebook to get a pay rise02:14
- Learning how to leap around a city02:44
- Does rugby union have a doping issue?02:18
- Speed racing on city ring-road 01:32
- The Queen sends her first tweet 02:04
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Wednesday's business from the Strasbourg plenary session.
Find a representative
- Record skydive from the edge of space01:29
- Gun battles on streets of Lebanon01:10
- Muslim soldiers' Afghan challenge02:34
- What was killed UK man doing in Syria?05:57
- Mussolini bunker opens to public01:52
- Roads become rivers: Floods shock Athens01:20
- US school shooting opens wounds01:00
- Sargy Mann: 25 years of painting blind04:34
Online exhibition celebrates the photography of cats
Why the padlocks of Paris are a poor symbol of romance
Things you may not have known about being amused
What's been lurking beneath the waves in the Baltic Sea?
Why the idea of a single Muslim state keeps coming back
The best features you may have missed this week
Readers' photographs on the theme of "steps"
French soldier's bedroom untouched for 100 years
Voice of the campaign to save Madagascar's forests
Americans debate skin colour, and other trends of the week
Why is the UK being asked for more money?
- Ebola outbreak: US nurse criticises quarantine treatment
- UK base in Afghanistan handed over
- Muslim inmate at IoW Prison planned kidnap and escape
- School absence guidance issued by head teachers' union
- The headlines: Merkel 'kills the deal' and the GP cash bonanza
- Man detained by police after Edinburgh incident
- Russian clocks go back for last time
- Johann Lamont resignation: Salmond blames Miliband for Labour 'meltdown'
- Low-paid Britons now number five million, think tank concludes
- A Point of View: Should love be symbolised by a lock?
Last Updated at 04:25 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7380.67||Up||12.73||0.17%|