David Cameron is preparing to deliver a speech outlining his plans to reduce immigration from the EU - after figures revealed net migration had risen above 2010 levels.
- Nick Robinson: What's in and what's not
- Political reaction to migration figures
- Quiz: How much do you know about migration?
A man is arrested on suspicion of murdering a couple whose bodies were found at their village home.
Scotland's income tax rates and bands should be set by its parliament, commission on devolving power recommends.
Too few toddlers and young children are having the seasonal flu vaccine, the chief medical officer for England warns.
- McBusted: 'Making it up as we go along'07:44
- Crayon craze: Can adults colour-in?02:22
- Faces transformed with digital masks03:22
- If Britain were Syria, who would be left?
- Parrots in Caracas: A city's thriving birds01:21
- Extreme weather and its risk to lives01:13
- Life in the UK as a Romanian migrant02:25
- Obama pardons 'Mac and Cheese'02:27
Tottenham reach the Europa League knockout stage by beating Partizan Belgrade in a game interrupted by pitch intruders.
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a statement on the Smith Commission.
Find a representative
- Hail storm causes chaos in Brisbane01:06
- Is your chicken contaminated?01:40
- Care home boss guilty of sex charges02:18
- 12-year-old shot 'within two seconds'01:44
- Bristol gang guilty of child sex crimes03:01
- 'His best cricket was still ahead of him'04:08
- Drone flight over illegal Essex tip01:15
- The longest-serving political leader in UK04:07
Finding bounty in the depths of Davy Jones's locker
On what politicians' economic metaphors are trying to convey
Wal-Mart workers revolt against US shopping day
How is the brain injured and protected from injury?
How many people does it take to push a plane?
The story of one victim of paedophile care home boss
How much do you know about migration?
Which US state do Americans love to bash?
Woman on subway flouts Iran's dress code
- Black Friday: Boxing Day sales come early?
- Fetcham double murder suspect Viktoras Bruzas arrested
- Registration plate sells for a record £500,000 in Wales
- Ebola crisis: Children tested for virus in Newcastle
- Fetcham couple stabbed to death: Viktoras Bruzas sought
- David Cameron set to outline immigration proposals
- How Korea helped prostitutes work at US bases
- Scotland 'should set own income tax', says Smith Commission
- Vinyl record sales hit 18-year high
- Andrew Mitchell 'probably called police plebs', judge rules
Last Updated at 21:43 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.67||Down||-5.29||-0.07%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Drama and archive combine to tell a story of football and WW1 on an experimental BBC website