An Islamic State video purporting to show the beheading of Steven Sotloff, a US journalist abducted by the group, is released.
Twelve new victims have come forward since a report found at least 1,400 children were abused in Rotherham, South Yorkshire's chief constable says.
Independence is "closer than it's ever been" claims First Minister Alex Salmond, as an opinion polling suggests gains for the "Yes" campaign.
- 'This should never have happened'02:37
- Salmond on 'democratic sensation'02:57
- Celebrity hacking investigated by FBI01:33
- Tornado sweeps children away in tent01:44
- Locals divided on Heathrow expansion01:04
- Free hot meals for primary pupils02:06
- Beckham on Man Utd spending spree01:26
- Owners reunited with cliff rescue dog01:56
Among the stories fascinating Tuesday's press are whether British forces will engage jihadists in Iraq, and the mass hacking of celebrities' iCloud accounts.
UK & Local News
The government is urged to expedite its child abuse inquiry following the Rotherham scandal.
Find a representative
- Escaped Ebola patient recaptured01:48
- Video shows Ukraine soldiers 'abuse'02:30
- Volcano continues fiery eruption00:49
- BBC 'acted properly' over Cliff02:22
- 'Boris Island' airport plan rejected02:28
- The most future-proof profession?01:32
- ‘I smuggled jihadists into Syria’02:50
- How to spot the signs of skin cancer02:39
After celebrity leaks, what can you do to safeguard your photos?
Have some football clubs overpaid for their new players?
Professor John Curtice analyses the latest polls on the referendum
Would banning high-power appliances actually save energy?
Is the UK unusually fond of lamb and potatoes?
Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?
How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
Readers share their experiences of replacing their operating system
- Islamic State 'kills US hostage'
- Celebrity leaks 'no breach' - Apple
- The Queen finds selfies 'strange'
- Justin Bieber charged with assault
- Ashya King parents leave Spain jail
- Gamers take a stand against misogyny
- Kidnappers broke bones with hammers
- MPs quiz police chief over Sir Cliff
- Perez sorry for posting naked photos
- FM: Independence 'closer than ever'
Last Updated at 17:11 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7418.73||Up||40.62||0.55%|