Rescue teams looking for a Malaysia Airlines flight missing over the South China Sea widen their search area, as question are asked over the passenger list.
Day release from prison is to be scaled back following a series of serious crimes by offenders temporarily out of jail, the government says.
An extra £140m will be made available to councils to repair roads damaged by the severe weather, Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin says.
- Spikes used to keep Russians out of base01:30
- Diamond polishers lose their sparkle03:18
- Baby hippo born at Mexico City zoo01:04
- On board a $300m superyacht03:35
- The electronic lollipop that simulates taste01:50
- Parents stay silent on football sidelines02:30
- 'Marry me!' Harry heckled at Wembley01:10
- Hitchhiker's Guide video game returns04:26
UK & Local News
Full coverage of this winter's extreme weather which left large parts of the UK under water
Theresa May announces a judge-led public inquiry into undercover policing.
Find a representative
- Warning follows dramatic cliff collapse01:20
- March against domestic violence00:44
- Anxious wait after plane vanishes01:50
- Ed Miliband in Afghanistan visit01:34
- Composer admits lying about deafness01:39
- Stars turn out for legal aid protest00:53
- Public warned over using wi-fi hotspots01:32
- Drought threat looms over Kenya region02:20
The book that stopped a WW1 bullet and saved a life
The case for not leaving education to the teachers
For decades Russians have been the ultimate bad guy
Readers respond to this week's Magazine stories
Animals and electronic noses may soon transform medical diagnosis
Is Afghanistan really impossible to conquer?
There's a zipline between Spain and Portugal, plus more nuggets
Syrian children of the camp
Changing face of the school trip
- Search widened for missing plane
- Malaysian plane theories in papers
- US warns Russia not to annex Crimea
- Italy up in arms over David advert
- Z-Cars actor Jimmy Ellis dies at 82
- Apology demanded over nuclear fault
- Co-op Group to boost executive pay
- The Loop: The postcode lottery
- Great Walls 'could stop tornadoes'
- Personal treasures of World War One uncovered
Last Updated at 00:11 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||6862.98||Down||-8.63||-0.13%|