Scientists tracking the Ebola outbreak in Guinea say the virus has mutated and they are investigating if it could become more contagious.
- Ebola: Mapping the outbreak
- Ebola basics: What you need to know
- GSK hails Ebola vaccine breakthrough
There are no plans for any insurance products to help people plan ahead for their care needs in old age, leading firms tell the BBC.
An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.8 has been recorded in the East Midlands, the US Geological Survey reports.
- Selma creators on Cumberbatch quote07:38
- Scotland's expanding space industry02:08
- Ebola vaccine trial: 'I've played my part'01:10
- Video diary: Search for a care home03:21
- What will news look like in 10 years?13:31
- How jet stream is bringing snow to UK00:55
- 'Zombie cat' spent days underground00:23
- New responder saves newborn baby01:52
UK & Local News
Find a representative
News and analysis in 27 languages
Languages continued (2 of 4)
Languages continued (3 of 4)
Languages continued (4 of 4)
- Warnings as snow hits parts of UK03:34
- Inside Tripoli's battle-ravaged airport01:13
- Star Wars toy sells for £18,00001:29
- Post-war blocks get listed status02:01
- Smart goggles for hi-tech bobbies02:12
- Devon's beavers saved from eviction02:01
- Ebola vaccine 'looks well tolerated'02:11
- City of snipers: BBC goes inside Benghazi03:17
Will the UK's iconic gas holders be missed?
Is China bringing Tibetan Buddhism in from the cold?
Use our calculator to find out the costs you may face
The art of 'maskirovka' - how Russia keeps enemies guessing
New app gives blind people help to see
What the contents of your fridge say about you
Meet Rae Morris, the pop star who wanted to be a waitress
The new banks you cannot speak to
Apps let parents spy on their kids
- East Midlands tremor recorded at 3.8 in magnitude
- League tables branded a 'nonsense' by private schools
- Sydney siege inquest: Police gunfire killed hostage Katrina Dawson
- Ebola outbreak: Virus mutating, scientists warn
- Snow causing 'hazardous conditions'
- Will the UK's gas holders be missed?
- Tesco names 43 UK store closures
- Facebook reports strong profits, adding millions of users
- What does your fridge reveal about you?
- Halve female prisoner numbers, says minister Simon Hughes
Last Updated at 01:14 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7882.74||Down||-6.23||-0.08%|
Elsewhere in the BBC
Elsewhere on the BBC
Would Churchill's depression stop him being PM today?