Insurance companies are to be banned from covering the cost of terrorist ransoms under a raft of measures being unveiled by the home secretary.
- How serious is IS threat to the UK?
- Is it right to pay ransoms?
- Can UK stop jihadists coming home?
- How the battle against IS is being fought online
Nurses, midwives, ambulance staff and other NHS workers are staging a four-hour strike over pay.
Telecoms giant BT is in talks with Telefonica about buying the O2 mobile network from the Spanish firm.
- NHS pay: Staff morale is 'dreadful'02:20
- On the hunt for warlord Joseph Kony02:36
- Knox-Johnston 'not abandoning sailing'03:26
- Bonneville: Bears, Obamas and the BBC05:52
- Sir Jackie Stewart: 'A great victory'03:13
- Travelling through the Ebola heartland03:26
- Iraq village caught between two sides02:33
- Living in a box to learn about autism03:51
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, and the PM's appearance at the Liaison Committee.
Find a representative
- Cyclists find baby in Sydney drain01:53
- First Italian woman arrives at ISS02:02
- US police kill boy carrying fake gun01:17
- Hollande affair: 'I didn't attempt suicide'05:47
- UK men join Syria fight against IS01:40
- Charing Cross reopens after train fire00:30
- Preparing for floods after US snowfall01:53
- 'Stop radicalisation before it happens'03:33
Countries with the most shocking photos on cigarette boxes
One woman's journey from a village to death in the big city
How much of a splash has protest movement had?
How did a baby survive for five days in a drain?
Have any prices fallen faster than singles?
The couple who helped Tesco change the way many of us shop
Mary J Blige adopts a new musical home
F1 world champion's second title in number and pop-rap lyrics BBC Sport
A teenager who was groomed in Yorkshire tells her story
Hopes pinned on Ebola clinical trials in Guinea
- Google case over online abuse settled in High Court
- Ransom ban among new anti-terror measures
- BT and Telefonica in 'preliminary' talks over O2 sale
- Tamir Rice: US police kill boy, 12, carrying replica gun
- Swiss museum to accept Gurlitt 'Nazi art'
- Mother charged for abandoning baby in drain in Sydney
- The couple who helped transform the way we shop
- Who, What, Why: How can a baby survive in a storm drain?
- Katy Perry to play Super Bowl half-time show
- Shrien Dewani trial: Judge hears dismissal application
Last Updated at 07:03 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7900.90||Up||31.25||0.40%|