There is no link between tough laws and levels of illegal drug use, a Home Office study finds, sparking a policy row within the coalition government.
Burkina Faso's president declares a state of emergency amid violent protests at his bid to extend his 27-year rule.
Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly acknowledged his sexuality saying he made his announcement to help others struggling with their identity.
A Libyan man can sue the UK government over claims he was illegally sent back to Libya and tortured, the Court of Appeal rules.
The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
- Inside India bank robbers' tunnel02:08
- Westminster and Whitehall ghost tales02:07
- How to build an engine in 42 seconds02:02
- You behind the pillar, you're on camera!00:54
- Lava flow creeps toward Hawaii homes00:47
- Becoming a mother at 70 in India02:31
- Newly-lit Sistine Chapel is unveiled02:01
- Sonic boom after 'shoot down' warning02:36
UK & Local News
Full coverage of Thursday in the Commons, including a debate on UK drugs policy.
Find a representative
- RFA Argus arrives in Sierra Leone 01:10
- On the buses with Prince Harry02:03
- 'Why I needed Danish sperm donor'03:54
- 'My son died after taking legal high'02:53
- Breastfeeding photo deleted by Facebook02:20
- No hugs for Ebola volunteers02:14
- Puppy farm murders: 'He's shot my mum'03:08
- Skater's view of listed status skatepark02:42
The developer forced to leave her home due to threats
Are the days of the humble key numbered?
What MPs can and can't wear in parliament
The Leonardo hidden from Hitler in case it gave him special powers
Africans unimpressed with TV chef's take on a classic
The nuclear attack on the UK that never happened
Romania plans 400 new pitches - and more tales
Are plans to link health and social care as good as they sound?
Is eating sage better for your alertness than coffee?
- Burkina Faso president declares state of emergency
- Roman Polanski freed in Poland after US extradition bid
- Sarah Payne's father Michael found dead at Kent home
- Apple chief Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Birmingham Ebola-party club apologises for theme night
- Zoe Quinn: GamerGate must be condemned
- UK government can be sued over rendition claims, judges rule
- Africans reject Jamie's Jollof rice recipe
- No link between tough penalties and drug use - report
- Jerusalem holy site closure 'declaration of war' - Abbas
Last Updated at 14:53 ET
|Market index||Current value||Trend||Variation||% variation|
|BBC Global 30||7498.21||Up||51.37||0.69%|